Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
5733 Seminole Way
Hollywood, FL 33314Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $31 to $50
Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://bongoscubancafe.com/hollywood.html
- Phone: 8009370010
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
Located at Seminole Paradise at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, FL., Bongos Cuban Café draws its inspiration from classic Cuban supper clubs. The multi-level restaurant, lounge and bar boasts a 7,000 square foot indoor restaurant, a 5,000 square foot rooftop lounge with a 360-degree unobstructive view of the entire property and 2 outdoor patios. Inside of the main 7,000 square foot restaurant, guests will experience a chic yet comfortable atmosphere, with white tables and seats which are layered with different textures; polished dark mahogany panels throughout the restaurant; the two-sided main bar (one side features a stage on top of it while the other side extends to the outside of the venue) and a 20 foot window that allows guests to see into a one-of-a-kind custom-made vertical flame rotisserie. Twin glass elevators ascend to the magnificant rooftop lounge adorned with private cabanas and plush lounge seating where guests can enjoy libations under the stars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (20)vibrant bar scene (20)good for groups (18)late-night find (15)hot spot (15)romantic (14)great for outdoor dining (8)fit for foodies (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)neighborhood gem (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- perfectJordiDined on 5/10/2014We enjoy the place the service perfect, the music, for long time my family no dance all toguether and in this ocacion we do...THANKS youSpecial Features:
- Mothers DaySPANKYDined on 5/10/2014We celebrated Mothers Day and my daughters birthday, we were early to beat the croud, this is a later in the evening place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedPartyGalfLDined on 5/9/2014Oh Hard Rock, how can you be missing the mark on nearly ALL of your restaurants? We came here to celebrate a friend's bachelorette party on Friday night. Our first impression was the hostess telling us that we had to throw out our drinks before she would seat us. We thought that was strange to be asked to do that before walking into a restaurant. The place was DEAD at 8:30 pm on a Friday night. Our server was soooooooo slow to take our orders, fill our waters, and bring the bill. The food was EXPENSIVE and sub par- there are WAAAAAAAY better places to get Latin cuisine off of the Hard Rock property. Don't eat here- save your money!
- 25th Anniversary!!!Great25thDined on 4/26/2014My wife and I came there to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. We had a great time and the band gave us a "shout out" and a played a song for us; we later found out that the lead male singer/guitarist and the female singer in the band were actually getting married!!!! Please give me their names and the name of the band so that we may send them something special!!!!Special Features:
- Cuba Libre!Maestro8872Dined on 4/26/2014This was the first visit my wife and I have made to Bongos after passing it many times while at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. The outside of the place always intrigued us and we both love trying different foods, so it was an inevitable thing really and we were very pleased overall. The interior was interesting and the food was excellent - even the live band was playing at a level you could easily hear and still have conversations. All-in-all, we would definitely recommend this place to friends and are planning to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGS71Dined on 4/26/2014Went before a concert - food was great, as was the pitcher of Cojitos! Service was average, but we were out on time for the show so all worked out!Special Features:
- Great venueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014I had a dinner party for my birthday. The only problem i have was that if you make reservations and everyone is not there on time then you will only be seated for the amount of people present and hopefully the late comers will be able to sit with the party. In addition, with such a large party (18 people) it took a very long time for our food to come out. However, all of my guest were accommodated and the food was worth the wait! I would definitely recommend this restaurant but I will probably not have another dinner party here.Special Features:
- bongos's experiencegusmiamiDined on 4/18/2014I remmebered when was opened Bongos at Orlando I went there 2 days after opening and the enviroment and decoration is great! but here in Hollywood no....services and food is very good but never choice it for special ocasion!!Special Features:
- great special occasionhungrygroupDined on 3/27/2014At this place you can have great food,service and ambiance what else can you ask for when you're out having dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGirlsDined on 3/15/2014Beautiful decor. The ambiance was very nice. Girls night party of 12. The food was not good. Rice was either over cooked or undercooked. I had the pallomia with black beans and rice. Not enough seasoning and my rice was mushy. The other girls complained their rice was hard. Our server was not pleasant, she seemed annoyed the whole night. Very patient. Not sure if I will go again.
- Just OKMB1876Dined on 3/15/2014The hype about Bongos being owned by Gloria Estefan is proabbly the best thing about the restaurant. We had a reservation for 10 people at 7:00. I arrived around 7:10 and the hostess told me if my entire party wasnt there in 5 minutes we lose our table. While I understand the policy, the restaurant was EMPTY and we were having a bachelorette party and I apologized. She let us sit eventually but had an attitude the entire time. Then our table was only set for 8 and the service staff wasnt about to make any changes until WE took chairs from another table. The food was good for what it was, and the ambiance was just ok. Our waitress wasnt the best but all in all it was doable. Would not go back to THIS location of Bongos any time soon.
- OverpricedflvoicemanDined on 3/14/2014The restaurant looked nice inside, but the items on the menu were overpriced. Chose to eat here because we drove in from Miami enroute to a concert at the Hard Rock Live. The cone of fried plantains at $8.00 for the minuscule amount was not worth it. Even the espresso at $4.00 is more expensive than many locations IN EUROPE--not to mention it did not taste good. My wife and I won't be coming back for dinner if we can avoid it.
- Hard to have conversationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014We went to Bongo's for a friends bachelorette party. We were looking for an upbeat, trendy restaurant that we could get in the party mood. We were sat promptly, which was great. However the service was so slow. I do not think it was the waitress being inattentive, it was just the pace of the bar and kitchen. There were many tables without food and drinks around us. A live band started at 8PM, which I think was just too early in the night and they were entirely too loud. I literally had to scream to the person sitting next to me in order to talk. Between appetizers, dinner, and dessert the whole meal was almost 3 hours, which was a long time. The waitress was able to split the check for our party of 12, which was convenient.Special Features:
- Great food while waiting for showFlaMexDined on 3/8/2014It's usually hard to find where to have a nice dinner at the Hard Rock casino area, while waiting for a show to start. bongo's is a nice alternative! Good food, great service! Loved the roasted pork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cuban food and entertainment.DelrayDinerDined on 3/1/2014We had concert tickets so our reservation was early but the place was jumping after the concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperienceTRaye77Dined on 3/1/2014Food was delicious. However, you could find pretty much find the same thing at your neighborhood Cuban restaurant for less. The ambiance and hospitality was great. With slightly inflated prices, they could have at least done more than a sparkler for someone's birthday. The only reason my husband got a dessert with his was because I paid for it. The woman next to us also celebrating her birthday seemed a little less than thrilled that all they brought was a sparkler as well. Other than that, seemed like a pretty cool place :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Wait To Go Back!KellyDined on 2/28/2014Great food, great service, fabulous drinks, and the ambiance was the icing on the cake. Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- bongos out saturdayray1967Dined on 2/22/2014great food and service ,music a little loud but experience overall was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 stars for BongosOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014after being at Bongos in Miami, Bongos in Orlando and at the Hard Rock in Hollywood i can proudly say this is the home runSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big disappointment. SpentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2014Big disappointment. Spent a lot of money for a Cuban sandwich which is better from Publix. Once was too much.
- Party atmosphereAlexDined on 2/14/2014Appetizers outstanding. Main courses were brought incomplete, and had to ask for the sides, again. The meat was over cooked. Live music and bar scene - great party atmosphere otherwiseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDyanaraDined on 2/1/2014I reserved a table at Bongo's Cuban Cafe for dinner before the Jerry Seinfeld Show. When we got there, we were sat down in a table where the couch goes all across the wall. The seating was comfy. The waitress was nice. After ordering food, I think we waited 5 minutes before the appetizer came out. We order plantain cups with shredded beef. DELICIOUS. Then another 10-15 minutes after that before our food came out. The food looked, smelled and was delicious. I order the Chicken Milanese. The chicken was a large portion. The only complaint was that they sat a couple right next to us and their table was maybe inches away. It was kind of uncomfortable having people watching us eat and hear our conversation. Besides that everything was great,Special Features:
- great ambiance, paella wasmayraDined on 1/31/2014great ambiance, paella was delicious. service and server was good. food presentation was excellent. dessert was excellent (flan) and birthday touches made it extra special. Band was fantastic, overall a great experience! Did miss the bongo cracker at the end (unless it is now on the menu and I missed it :-)).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than I expectedcatgirlflVIPDined on 1/31/2014In such a busy environment with shows and casinos and lots of crowds, I didn't expect close attention to the food. Seviche was delicious, drinks were not watered down, meat was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service . GreatLuv2eatVIPDined on 1/25/2014Excellent service . Great food. My 8 yr old loved it; tried ceviche and plantain chips loved it too Ambience was nice, different from the restaurant at disney. Late night probably not for kids but dinner hours were fineSpecial Features:
- Reasonable Cuban FoodCraig4245VIPDined on 1/23/2014Not the best and not the worst. Service was average so it didn't make the night start off with a bang. But everyone enjoyed their meals. It took forever to get drinks but that was probably the bar. We may go back but with so many other Cuba options. Probably only if we are at the casino will we go. We won't make the trip just for the dinner.Special Features:
- gorgeous restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014The food was excellent & delicious. The restaurant is gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time. The guestBride2BDined on 1/18/2014Had a great time. The guest of honor was acknowledged by the band.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No reservationhalfnhalfDined on 1/18/2014Used this website and called to make sure they had my reservation and they didn't. Glad i called because your confirmation would have done me no good with 10 people in my party. Even though with a res we had to wait because the whole party needs to be there to be seated everything was good. Food was good have had better. Next time i will try another place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first experienceGoodeatingDined on 1/17/2014I love the food, service and ambience. The music was a little loud but the overall experience is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but very noisyAlbriVIPDined on 1/10/2014Beautiful place, delicious food, great drinks!!! But be prepared to speak really loud in order to be heard. The place is huge and the music is loud and it is fun.Special Features:
- Not good for groups great foodExcellentDined on 1/3/2014Great place to eat and have fun. But when it came to paying as a group the waiter said we do not split checks. This is hard In a group. So something must be done to make dining in a group better serviced. He did split checks but he said bongos usually doesn't do it. This would have been a problem and therefore not group friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/2/2014The food was delicious and the right temperature. my waiter was attentive and knowledgable of the menu. I had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedUnhappyVIPDined on 1/2/2014I was lookin forward for the whole fried snapper but they did not have any.Special Features:
- Elegant PlaceJenniferDined on 12/29/2013I love this place, its very pretty and the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & DrinkJazzyDined on 12/29/2013Stuffed plantain was great, drink monito was perfect. The food not only looked beautiful but it tasted amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AttentiveAnniversss5Dined on 12/28/2013It was a really nice experience. I reserved online with a request for a nice table, well placed for a special occasion (5yr anniversary) and it was given. Very nicely done. It had a great view and the service was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool, classy, fun, and great food!JaneDined on 12/28/2013Took group of northern guests for a memorable experience at Gloria Estefan's restaurant. Everyone was impressed with the ambience, decor, service, and tremendous servings. Had enough leftovers for two more meals! Great spot for entertaining guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but nice atmosphereDivanessDined on 12/27/2013Look...the band is loud!!! But the food is good and our waitress was EXCELLENT! We went on Friday December 27th for a bachelorette party, and we were quickly seated and served. Food was creative and flavorful. BUT, I don't really recommend the upstairs lounge unless you're 21 yrs old or college age. It's outdoors, so if it rains you're rained on so be prepared! Most of the people are "posted up" watching the one or two people dancing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great all around for adultsJoseGDined on 12/20/2013I have been there for my anniversary, and then a few weeks later for my wife's and twin sister birthday and on both occasions we had a blast it is very energetic and great for adult dinning and dancing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.