Restaurant X & Bully Boy Bar
117 North Route 303
Congers, NY 10920Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Restaurant X & Bully Boy Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.xaviars.com/
- Phone: 8452686555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm, Sunday Brunch: 1:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
A word from Restaurant X & Bully Boy Bar
Restaurant X is located in Congers, New York. This charming country restaurant boasts lush landscaping and a free-form pond which adds ambiance during any season. Restaurant X offers a variety of rooms, each with its own feel. Close to the entrance is the Bully Boy Bar and adjoining lounge, where dinner is served alongside a roaring fire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Restaurant X & Bully Boy Bar - Best Restaurants in Congers ›
Restaurant X & Bully Boy Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (100)fit for foodies (76)romantic (64)great for brunch (51)neighborhood gem (37)good for groups (36)notable wine list (36)scenic view (36)great for lunch (23)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- X Marks The SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014Best restaurant in the County. Food is excellent. Prepared exactly as ordered. Service could not be better Worth the price.Special Features:
- Great as AlwaysHARTDined on 8/23/2014I have been to Restaurant X numerous times and it never disappoints. The food is always excellent. I requested my favorite room facing the duck pond and was happy that my request was honored.Special Features:
- Perfection if seated correctlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Our meal would have been absolute perfection if we had been seated in the main room. We were with another couple and were seated in the outer room which was extremely unattractive. We didn't make a fuss since we had friends with us, but the room seriously detracted from our overall experience. The main room has charm and character. The room we were in was cold and cheap looking. If we were to go back I would insist on sitting in the main room. Food and service were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best birthday dinner ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We came to celebrate my 71st birthday for the best birthday dinner ever! The jumbo shrimp appetizer were fresh & tender. The mouthwatering Beef Wellington was perfectly cooked, flavorful & so tender it melts in your mouth. It came with assorted sautéed vegetables and whipped potatoes. The popovers were perfect, hot & crisp outside with soft goodness inside. The crème brulle with fresh strawberries was outstanding as was the flan. We were seated by a window overlooking the pond & fountain. Service was attentive but not rushed. I highly recommend X's whether it is a special occasion or not. They have never disappointed us. Dinner for 3 including a bottle of wine was $240. Definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014While the food was very good one is able to a delicious steak in any number of places that are not as run down. Time to refurbish!! Oh and please take time to clean the ladies room.
- Cowboy steakFoodieVIPDined on 8/21/2014Amazing cowboy steak. Can't beat the steak for two special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014You can't go wrong with whatever you order. Loved the potatoes au gratin and creamed spinach that came with the Cowboy Rib Steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DiningTinkbabyDined on 8/19/2014The staff at Restaurant X was attentive and welcoming. Our waitress, Maribeth, was on top of everything without being intrusive. The food was outstanding and the Martinis were ice cold. We ordered the grilled peach salad and the beet salad. Both were delicious and the mix of flavors was sublime on the palate. The Beef Wellington melted in your mouth and the flat iron steak was flavorful and tender. It was served with a polenta that was creamy and had just the right mix of spices. We only had room for Decaf cappuccinos but were treated to sinful homemade macaroons. We were there with a friend who we hadn't seen in a year and were able to have a leisurely meal. I highly recommend this restaurant and would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth visitingmurphyshoesDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food even better service. We will be going againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014We have Been to restaurant x many times it's a favorite but this time was a disappointment had to wait an hour for an appetizer and nothing seemed coordinated we were not happy. I don't know if I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cowboy rib-eye dealOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/16/2014What's not to love about the food and service, plus with the deal, you get a salad and dessert practically for free!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cowboy Rib Eye for steak eatersgcminVIPDined on 8/16/2014We've been going to Peter Kelly's restaurants for decades but rarely go to Restaurant X because it is the furthest and least attractive of the group. But, the annual August Cowboy Rib Eye special makes it worth the trip. Perfectly cooked and complemented by an authentic Caesar salad and the creamed spinach and potatoes au gratin (not my favorite, but these are the best I've had) this is a meal that is a steak eaters delight. Leave room for the creme brulee.Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014I ordered soft-shell crab. I thought that the accompaniments to the fried crab (fingerling potatoes and assorted vegetables) Were inappropriate. More fitting would have been something more traditional: Fried potatoes; cole slaw; corn on the cob, etc. My guest ordered the steak (hanger??) medium rare; it was medium/well. We did not comment at the time.Special Features:
- CrunchyDined on 8/14/2014Outstanding service by Israel, our waiter, and every other employee that we encountered. The food was excellent and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bully Boy & Restaurant XTeacherDined on 8/13/2014We had been there for dinner several times before it was Rest. X. (I am sorry they do not feature the Beef Wellington for lunch. That was always my favorite.) It was noisier than expected bc at the next table was a couple with a baby but that did not detract from the overall experience. Still a great restaurant after all these years. Worth the trip across the Tappan Zee for me.Special Features:
- Joy2eatDined on 8/12/2014This restaurant has been consistently good for many years.it is owned by a group that takes pride in their restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!JoycecDined on 8/5/2014We were planning to visit friends who were staying in the Fishkill, NY area and checked online for a nice restaurant for dinner. After reading the reviews, Restaurant X jumped out at us as the place to try. We were very pleased that we did. We were all very happy with the food, it's presentation and the service. Our only problem is that we live 2 hours away and wouldn't be dining here as often as we would like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great brunchMe22VIPDined on 8/3/2014One of our favorite brunch spots! We really do love this place and go here several times a year for brunch. They are usually very accommodating of dietary restrictions, but we had a bit of a rough time with them this go around. We had specifically noted on our reservation that 2 in our party are pescetarians, which they acknowledged on arrival. However, we had to remind them several times. The new manager (I'm assuming that who she was) was not all responsive to our needs and told us to wait for a pasta course that would be coming out later in the meal. She did not appreciate our concerns over missing out on numerous courses. One of the younger wait staff (Jeff) intervened and we ended up having some lovely dishes.Special Features:
- Restaurant X Cowboy Steak SpecialTerryDined on 8/2/2014Food was terrific and service also. The Creme Brûlée was cold, thought it was supposed to be served warm. We have done this before and in the past, the special Included a glass of select wine per person. Surprised that they Removed that option. This is a great restaurant but a little pricey-good for a special occaison. Should have left the complimentary Wine included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Have followed Peter Kelly from Garrison, NY, and love the food in all his restaurants. Service is good. Perhaps the only issue I have is the chairs in the "garden room"that need replacement. Noticed for the first time , and we have dined here many, many , times, that there is an issue with these chairs. Also, seems that the bus boys are in need of some monitoring. Maybe they need more training. Put "take home" steak and creamed spinach in the same container! Not a good idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentTashaVIPDined on 7/26/2014Continues to always be our favorite...and to top it off Yvonne and Daniel make the best pomegranate Martinis ever. Among our group we had Caesar salad, tuna tartare, risotto , duck , steak, soft shell crab and a scallop dish which were all wonderful. Will always return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheNewMrsJDined on 7/26/2014The staff was great. When we arrived, it was not crowded and we were able to have a drink at the bar without feeling rushed. This is a place to enjoy the great food and relax with those you came with. The food was delicious - there was something for everyone on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef WellingtonDisappointedDined on 7/25/2014One of few restaurants that make this dish, and make it well. Food is very high quality and presented in an elegant fashion.Special Features:
- JedorDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I were there celebrating his birthday. I loved the scallop appetizer and my husband enjoyed his meal as well. The serving staff are very attentive. We look forward to going back perhaps for my birthday.Special Features:
- Lunch, Brunch, or DinnerHARTDined on 7/25/2014I have been to Restaurant X many times for lunch, Sunday brunch, Valentine's Day, my daughter's wedding shower, and dinner. I have always had a enjoyable experience. The food is excellent, the staff is experienced and helpful, and the ambiance (particularly in the room facing the pond) is calming and romantic. My friends who I brought for lunch were very happy with the prix fixe lunch menu and plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FantasticCosmoDined on 7/19/2014Even on a slow Saturday night, the staff did not miss a beat. Food was amazing as always. Too bad you ran out of the soft shell crabs. Otherwise a perfect evening!Special Features:
- What to say about Restaurant X?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014Awesome as usual. And if you really want an excellent treat, order the Cowboy Steak... the dish Peter Kelly cooked and beat Bobby Flay with in an "Iron Chef" competition. Perfection on a plate!Special Features:
- Top Notch Dining ExperiencereggieDined on 7/18/2014Food is always tops at Restaurant X. I do miss the scones with honey and fruit in port wine that used to be served, but I'm sure the budget doesn't allow for that anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeNYCFoodieVIPDined on 7/17/2014First time there and will be back. Very expensive but my meal was perfect. Try the ribeye for two. Great food and service. Will go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LetzeatoutVIPDined on 7/12/2014I've been there a number of times but on this visit Something seemed to be missing.can't quite put my finger on it.The Restaurant looks old and tired, it really needs an overhaul.Special Features:
- As reliable as it getsADZ1Dined on 7/8/2014Still the best restaurant in Rockland County....never disappoints.....Special Features:
- Brunch is a must-doshaunahgDined on 7/6/2014Finally tried the much-talked about Restaurant X brunch. It was fabulous! So many small courses, all delish. Took 3 kids with us and they were treated wonderfully by the staff. Champagne is flowing and the food keeps coming...all for a very reasonable price.Special Features:
- excellentjulyDined on 7/5/2014celebrated anniversary. everything we ate was EXCELLENT and the service was outstanding. the waitress knew my steak slices (rib eye) were too rare and immediately brought slices back to be redone( my husband liked the steak medium rare and that is how it was ordered. it was NOT a fault of the chef. portions were large. we could've shared both our appetizers and desserts. can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Xtra Special"1njgalVIPDined on 7/5/2014I had dined at original Bully Boy as far back as 40 years ago…it was always wonderful. Now as Restaurant X, I have to say it was as enjoyable. Extensive menu…the tuna was great…the garden room overlooking the brook…and the ambiance and service in general…all great! Don't live in the area anymore, but would return when passing by! A few years ago we ha our Rotary brunch which as an eating marathon for hours…also excellent.Special Features:
- NettieDined on 7/3/2014We have been dining at Restaurant X for many years, yhe food was always excellent, the past 3 times we have dined there the food was definitely not good. My trout was dry and overcooked, my husband's beef wellington was tough and grisly. Previous to that the soft shell crabs, were hard and tough.Special Features:
- ExcellentsatisfiedDined on 7/3/2014The lobster was excellent and the chocolate marquis was the perfect finish to the meal. A memorable supper and very affordable.Special Features:
- DinnerAlidinnerDined on 6/28/2014The food, service and drinks are always great. The building and grounds should be kept up better. They are in need of much repair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exellent food and serviceRod911Dined on 6/27/2014Restaurant X never disappoints. The food is first-rate and well presented. The restaurant is upscale and the service is exemplary. Worth returning to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014My girlfriend and I went on a date ate Restaurant X and we had an excellent time. The waiter was very familiar with the menu, specials and was a great help when selecting wine and champagne. The food was delicious and the dessert was as well. Presentation was beautiful. Overall a fantastic experience.Special Features:
- Great, As AlwaysJames328Dined on 6/25/2014Celebrated my daughter's high school graduation this week and, as always, the food was fantastic and the service was great. The only two complaints I have were (1) a busboy dropped a fork on my shoulder and stained my jacket, which I did not see until I got home, but accidents happen, and (2) there was a large family party sitting in the same part of the restaurant and they had small kids, ages 5-12, who were very loud and the parents were completely oblivious or just didn't care. Made it very difficult to chat at our table.Special Features: