900 Place Jean-Paul Riopelle
Montreal, QC H2Z 2B2Neighborhood:
French / CanadianPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurant-toque.com/
- Phone: 5144992084x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch (25$ to 45$): Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:45pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thusday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday : 5.30pm - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French / Canadian
- Executive Chef: Normand Laprise
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Manon Giroud-Nadaud 5144992084x
A word from Restaurant Toque!
21 years ago Toqué! opened featuring local produce: a showcase for Quebec's terroir and its suppliers. The ongoing contributions of these artisans is no less important today. We have them to thank for foie gras de canard or salicornia; lamb of heirloom vegetables; seafood or fine herbs. These tireless farmers, foragers and fishermen inspire Toqué!'s cuisine, on which they bestow tastes, textures and natural aromas and unparalleled freshness.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Restaurant Toque! - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Restaurant Toque! reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)notable wine list (43)fit for foodies (37)romantic (28)great for lunch (8)hot spot (6)neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (5)good for groups (4)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/22/2014The food was delicious and beat if Ulla prepared and presented. We had the chef's tasting menu with the wine pairing. Both sommeliers explained the wines in an interesting, knowledgeable way without being stuffy or pretentious. Even the one member of our party that didn't have wine enjoyed each wine's story. A really memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well deserved prestigeJMartinezDined on 8/21/2014The experience at Toqué was perfect: firstable the food: delicate, delicious, plenty of flavors, creative, beautifully presented. Excellent wine list. perfect and attentioned service, the personal very professional and friendly, with a real knowledge of gastronomy and enology without being snob; elegant ambiance, very calm, I appreciated that it wasn't noisy even if the restaurant was full…excellent valet parking service, fine hosts. I will go back, no doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite CreationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014This leisurely dining experience was an adventure for the palate. We selected the seven course tasting menu, which is offered sight- and description-free. If you want to know what you will be served, you must order ala carte. Our trust in the chef's daily creations based on fresh, locally-sourced ingredients was rewarded with unique, interesting and delicious dishes. For instance, because a recent tuna-fishing expedition landed a large swordfish, two of our courses featured swordfish. Local mushrooms were in season, so they featured as well. The wine pairings (5 or 7 two oz. glasses) were near perfect. The staff is, top to bottom, expert, knowledgeable, efficient, & personable. Toque!'s sterling reputation is well-earned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ServiceMangebienMTLDined on 8/19/2014This is the most professional restaurants in terms of service in the city. I would go for business lunches, relaxing dinners, and any event, really. It's always a treat. The food is locally sourced. And the wine list is one of the best in the city. I found that compared with previous visits there was a lot more sweet than bitter on the plates. When you work seasonally, I guess the plates and their balance of flavours always changes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014This restaurant should be in a cute neighborhood in Montreal -- not an office tower on the first floor downtown. Convenient, however, to the Metro and Old Montreal. The food quality was very good with nice presentation but relative to price ($$$)... there are much better alternatives in Montreal -- especially in the plateau.Special Features:
- lives up to its reputationMikezDined on 8/19/2014Refined food and preparation. Freshness of ingredients. Relaxed but classy and efficient service. Impressive wine list. Lunch menu affordable and great opportunity to sample one of the most reputable restaurants. It deserves it's classification as Relais&Châteaux.Special Features:
- SuperbFouFoodieDined on 8/16/2014Had a great time. Service is first class. Great wine suggestion and Food is exceptional. Love the décor and ambiance. Had a great night and my boyfriend was really impressed for his birthday. Always wanted to go to Toque.Special Features:
- perfectp0707Dined on 8/16/2014Our night was perfect nothing less... the food, the service like nowhere else in the worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best resto in MontrealBEAUREGARDDEBLOIS2013Dined on 8/15/2014We love it. Anything on the menu is great and we love the 1/2 glass of wine so we can have many 1/2 glass of wine with all: entry, meal and dessert, they were very special and great tasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special LunchJwestDined on 8/14/2014Our lunch was fantastic at Toque from beginning to end. The atmosphere was a little too stuffy with all the tables around us wearing suites, however that is just our personal preference to be more relaxed when dining. Would go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconstanceVENPADined on 8/13/2014Le Toqué nous a offert de superbes plats, avec des odeurs, des gouts, des texture et une présentation unique. Toutefois, ce restaurant n'offre pas une expérience gastronomique; la sobriété du menu, du décor et du service réduisent l'événement. Malheureusement, à notre dernière visite, le service fut déficient. Notre serveur a fait des erreurs et par son attitude nous a ennuyé.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- theatergoerDined on 8/12/2014Beautiful presentation, delicious food, excellent service Worth a tripSpecial Features:
- simply flawlessOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014Amazing service and excellent food. Portion sizes are larger then expected on the a la carte menu. Great selection of wine. Top 10 meals I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brouilly pourri, et chaudToquelasDined on 8/8/2014En général un des excellents restaurants de Montréal. Ce midi-là, le repas (côtelette de porc) était banal et surtout la bouteille de Brouilly totalement misérable. Chaude et d'un goût douteux. Il y a un bizarre lapin sur l'étiquette de cette bouteille. La semaine précédente, une assiette couverte de trente petits légumes. On voulait imiter Braque ou un autre surréaliste surchargé. Le résultat: excitation des neurones mais non des papilles gustatives. Yann, le serveur plutôt gentil, aurait dû nous déconseiller de prendre cette bouteille et nous conseiller un vin de meilleure qualité . Donc deux fois au Toqué en deux semaines. Mais pas cette semaine!Special Features:
- ExcellentPillullaDined on 7/30/2014We went at Toque for our weeding anniversary. We could ask for a better service or food. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaix and château restaurantKBOZDined on 7/29/2014This was a delicious find right opposite the convention centre. Perfect for an intimate dinner for two and extremely knowledgable and helpful sommelier. The food was aesthetically beautiful and delicious. We enjoyed the 7 course degustation with 5 matched wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the adventurous palateNotafoodieDined on 7/26/2014First a disclosure: I'm not a foodie and I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to a conservative eater. It is a food adventure for those who want a delicious but novel dining experience. My daughter chose a summer salad "soup" of fruit, vegetables, and tuna in a tomato broth. It was lovely to look at and absolutely delicious! She also had the magret, which was the best I've ever had. My husband and I chose the foi gras which was also unusually prepared but delicious. Our main course was the tuna, again delicious with unusual veggies and a great sauce. Dessert was chocolate cake. It was an absolute work of art, and again delicious! I enthusiastically recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014Our first experience at this restaurant and we were not disappointed. Staff professional and able to assist us through the process. We chose the menu dégustation with the shrimp gazpacho the highlight. Based on the staff and quality of food we will return.
- DeliciousNicolaDined on 7/23/2014Wonderful tasting menu with excellent wine pairings. Absolutely orth the money.Special Features:
- DisappointedAnneVTVIPDined on 7/22/2014We came here the first night in Montreal for a business dinner, expecting quite a lot since it was supposed to be one of the best places in the city. The meal started well with a lovely champagne tasting. After that it went downhill. Our food took a long time and was really good but not great. We had ordered two glasses of wine which the waiter completely forgot to bring until we asked him during the second course. The server was not enthusiastic about helping us and maybe it's is because we are American or maybe because we did not order the full tasting menu. We will probably not be back. Unfortunately I can say we have many other better meals in New York and. Boston.Special Features:
- Did not live up to expectationsMaybeASecondChanceDined on 7/22/2014I couldn't leave Montreal without having the foie gras, but I was a bit disappointed here. The dressing served with it helped, but it did not stand up well on its own. The wine the sommelier chose was mediocre and definitely not worth the price. This is the first time I've been disappointed with a recommendation from a sommelier, especially given the breadth of options. The second course (pork loin) was very good and did not disappoint. The restaurant itself was very nice and the staff was attentive but not overbearing. I would give it a second chance but try a different wine and first course.Special Features:
- Montreal19Dined on 7/15/2014Bel endroit, service exceptionnel, nourriture tres bien pour le dinerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soirée inoubliable!JlkickDined on 7/10/2014Nous avions réservé au bar car nous connaissions Gilbert le serveur du bar. Nous avons opté pour le menu de dégustation avec le vin. Nous sommes restés 4hr!!! La présentation des assiettes est a manquer de souffle. Tout était délicieux et les vins!....quoi dire de mieux! On a également eu droit a la visite de leur cave a vin! Fantastique!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and excellent service!TouqueDined on 7/9/2014The food was expertly prepared and the servers were very attentive and professional. I ordered the tasting menu and noted the chefs expertise in making sure each element of each dish created a flavor sensation and wasn't merely added for aesthetics. My only criticism is that I kept being pestered by fruit flies throughout my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favourite restaurant of allTorontoFoodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014I've eaten at Toqué three times, each easily among the top 10 restaurant meals of my life. The food is astonishing, the service is excellent, and I am always left satisfied. It's a lot of money, and I do not begrudge a penny of it. Simply amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickDined on 6/21/2014Toque was very good but also very expensive. It was not worth the price.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Montreal.AutumningiDined on 6/5/2014Last visit to this resto was 10 years ago. We visited again for the beginning of the F1 Grand Prix weekend and we are so happy we did. Our foursome was totally satisfied in every way. The total dining experience which was first class, 5 star all the way. We'll be back next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathleenDined on 6/4/2014Reserved at this restaurant for lunch over 3 months ago & found myself to be dissappointed, I believe my expectations were too high. Yes, the food, service, even the pricing is good but missing something, can't quite put my finger on it. Last year, my sister & I started a tradition, once a year we try a 5star restaurant for lunch. Our first experience was l'Europea & we were just floored by all the special attention, very special presentations on everything we were served. Le Toque doesn't have this which is probably what left us a bit nonchalante about the experience.Special Features:
- WOWchuckDined on 5/30/2014this is one of the best meal I had in my live. I recommend this amazing restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- DePaDined on 5/17/2014Toqué remains at the top. The seven service tasting menu with wine pairing is always a fantastic experience. You will not say "Wow" because of the way food is presented (extensive set up, use of fume, etc.) but because of the way food tastes in your mouth. Always innovative, Toqué's message remains clear, you go there for one thing, the food experience. Expensive? Yes but, contrary to a lot of "bling bling" restaurants, I leave Toqué saying that it was worth every dollar I "invested" in this unique experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting menusamyVIPDined on 5/16/2014Great tasting menu and wine list. Do not go very hungry. Recommend for special occasions to justify the $500 check for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!!!SmileyDined on 5/10/2014I really enjoyed Toque restaurant, it was my first time there and what a wonderful experience it was. The food was amazing, it was a real pleasure from the beginning until the end. The food was really out of this world and everyone at the restaurant was really nice and friendly. To add pleasure to our dinning experience we had the chance to visit the kitchen and the wine cellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trop cher pour l"expérience" ToquéStcaVIPDined on 5/10/2014Après plusieurs années d'hésitation nous avons finalement souper au Toqué. L'attente était grande, mais la réputation de la table de ce restaurant l'est aussi. Malheureusement, nous ne pouvons pas considérer que cette dernière a fait honneur à la renommée de ce restaurant. Le menu dégustation (qui devrait être la carte de visite du restaurant) n'était tout simplement pas à la hauteur. Malgré plusieurs efforts afin d'intégrer des aliments originaux et locaux (pétoncles, oursins, pigeonneaux ...) aucun des plats qui nous ont été servis lors de ce repas ne méritait un"WOW". La majorité des services étaient bons, mais sans plus. Et après la facture, nous pouvions difficilement conclure à un bon rapport qualité/prix. Une soirée décevante.
- A trip through flavors and texturesPierreDined on 5/1/2014My girlfriend and I chose the 7-course menu, along with as many wines. Starting with seafood, then beef and deer, we ended with cheese and a refreshing set of desserts. All the way through it's been a delicate assembly of flavors and textures. At each serving, the sommelier explained why he chose the wine to drink with which was very interesting. Both of us loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A worthwhile experience30SomethingInMontrealDined on 4/29/2014My wife and I went for our wedding anniversary. We chose the tasting menu with wine pairing. Of the 7 services, only one was disappointing (dry and too salty). The rest was a great experience. What I loved best about the evening was the sommelier. For every service, he came and explained the wine's characteristics and why he chose it to accompany that particular dish. I don't know much about wine, but what he said stuck with me while eating and drinking and greatly improved my appreciation of the meal. Unfortunately, he couldn't make it for 2 of the dishes, and the persons that brought the wine instead had little or nothing to say about it. The quantity of food and drink was perfect. At the end, I was full but not stuffed, and a bit tipsy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1095 reviews are from the Restaurant Toque! reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Fantastic tasting menu, excellent service and great sommelier - wine pairings were awesome and we'll explained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeEtienneCarrierDined on 4/12/2014Excellent food, Awesome service and and passionate personnel. We've been there on a very special occasion and we will remember our whoile life. It is pretty expensive, but worth every single penny. Best food I ever had (sorry honey and Mom!). Thank you Mr. Laprise, Mr. Fabien, Mr. Maxime and all the staff. The staff to client ration is 1:3 which cannot give results other than being exceptional. My wife & I have decided that this is a once a year MUST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An exceptional placeTemplaroftheTableDined on 4/12/2014Dinner at Toque was a wonderful experience. I'd recommend it to anyone who really cares about food and where and how it's served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointingAnabDined on 4/10/2014Food was not extraordinairy. No suprises. Le cerf était cru.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2014Visited Montreal for my boyfriends birthday weekend and heard a lot about this restaurant. I live in NYC and have pretty high standards so I went in expecting a really great meal. We did not opt for the tasting menu, it was very pricey and we saw a few dishes that we decided to share instead. The wine was good as was the service. The entrees were not well executed for the price charged. We ordered a bone marrow appetizer that came out in a bone propped up on balled up tin foil. When the average appetizer price is around $30, presentation should be a little more impressive than that.Special Features: