900 Place Jean-Paul Riopelle
Montreal, QC H2Z 2B2Neighborhood:
French / CanadianPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurant-toque.com/
- Phone: 5144992084x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch (25$ to 45$): Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:45pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thusday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday : 5.30pm - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French / Canadian
- Executive Chef: Normand Laprise
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Manon Giroud-Nadaud 5144992084x
- Special Events: Thank you for choosing Restaurant Toque! We are hosting a Special Event this evening. Please call us if you have any questions!
A word from Restaurant Toque!
21 years ago Toqué! opened featuring local produce: a showcase for Quebec's terroir and its suppliers. The ongoing contributions of these artisans is no less important today. We have them to thank for foie gras de canard or salicornia; lamb of heirloom vegetables; seafood or fine herbs. These tireless farmers, foragers and fishermen inspire Toqué!'s cuisine, on which they bestow tastes, textures and natural aromas and unparalleled freshness.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Restaurant Toque! - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Restaurant Toque! reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)notable wine list (58)fit for foodies (57)romantic (42)great for lunch (10)hot spot (9)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (6)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Du grand art!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/16/2014Everything at Toqué! is mastered. From the attention to detail (the personnel's uniform - complete with a gold pin- , the Toqué! logo on the wine glass facing you - all 7 pairings through the evening - , the spotless dishes, glasses and utensils. And what about the delicious compositions, presented to each and every guest as intended by the Chef -this daikon to the left, and that wonderful tuna to the right. And, of course, the list would most likely be much longer, thinking of everything so brilliantly executed we didn't even notice it happened. Dining at Toqué!, for us, means "pur bonheur", and that's why we are always looking forward to our next visit. Bon appétit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/16/20147 courses with 7 paired wines. Best ever! Service was excellent, ambiance fantastic.Special Features:
- Unique!ChadDined on 9/13/2014Super soirée. Tout était délicieux. Les accords, les saveurs, le service, tout était parfait et bien dosé. J'avais des attentes et je n'ai pas été déçu du tout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Unique ExperienceAlimentariDined on 9/13/2014I am grateful for the special attention to gluten-free and allergy-free dining. The food was good but the service was lacking. It took 15 minutes between the time we were seated and drink orders were taken and another 15 for the drinks to arrive. There were long gaps between each service before seeing our wait staff reappear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Délicieux, simplement!VeroDined on 9/13/2014Notre expérience a été sublime. Service impeccable, repas délicieux. Notre souper a été a la hauteur de nos attentes! Merci!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceDanTVIPDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I recently ate at Toque based on word of mouth and are glad we made the decision. The decor inside the restaurant is elegant without being pretentious, the service warm and friendly, the food and wine selections excellent. The sommelier was very helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- What goes in before th'name goes onRoadstarDined on 9/12/2014What's in a name? Not much and a lot at the same time, what you want is quality and a way to identify that when you see it, feel it or taste it. The Toque represents that in a big way. We've had many excellent meals over many years and many of them right here in Montreal this experience was one one of the best we've had period. The 7 service menu was a delight for the senses, as you are seated in a well laid out sober decor that lets you breath and settle in a mood to appreciate what's about to happen! The service is beyond reproach and well tuned, with no hurry. The quest to create a culinary experience is present, no impostors here! The aromas, textures, colors and taste of each service are carefully selected to please the senses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Class act, wonderful food!Fool4foodDined on 9/9/2014We enjoyed everything about this restaurant. We were told the servers were a touch snobby but we found them to be friendly and knowledgable. The food was innovative and delicious. We had tuna and venison for our entrée and they were both very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this foodie treatWineanddineDined on 9/3/2014The restaurant itself is beautiful and romantic. The wine list is superb. There is a pairing if you do the tasting menu, which we didn't because we got a late start (9 pm). The a la carte menu was fantastic and we want to go back to try the tasting menu. The plates that were served were more beautifully laid out than any I've ever seen. I mean the way the food was displayed on each plate. We had the suckling pig and the duck Magret both of which were out ID this world. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not recommendClaireDined on 9/2/2014At our arrival at 7pm. The staff were wonderful serving us Champagne. We had the "surprise 7 course testing menu" for $117.00 per person. But our food took so long to prepare that our main course it was served at 9:30pm after we had complain we basically feels ourselves with the bread. To "us" my husband and I it wasn't a good experience at This place. We really enjoy the "food" at exquisite restaurants all around the world Relais & Chateaux. Over the years it was our first bad experience we had at Toque.Special Features:
- Had a Supper Saturday night dinnerMartinDined on 8/30/2014Not leaving in Montreal but the restaurant Toque is one of my favourite restaurants in Montreal. Excellent food, wine and outstanding staffs.Special Features:
- DanIDined on 8/28/2014Un repas chez Toqué est toujours un évènement gastronomique. Excellent service et la nourriture sublime. Ce fut un excellent choix pour célébrer notre 12e anniversaire de notre Union CivileSpecial Features:
- High class, and excellentTravelFoodWriterDined on 8/27/2014Toque is the Le Bernardin of Montreal. Excellent, excellent, excellent. Lots of wild/foraged ingredients, which is great if you're interested in getting to know the epicurean culture of Quebec. My cocktail contained spruce syrup, one of my dishes in the chef's tasting menu (which I got) had venison (it was amazingly cooked, slightly pink and perfect), there were wild mushrooms and berries involved in other opening courses, and the tuna dish had sea asparagus from the Saint Lawrence River. The cheese plate also had a fine showing of local dairy, which I was exited about because Quebec's lax raw milk laws allow cheese makers to sidestep petty bureaucracy and produce some of the world's best cheeses, which I got to experience at Toque. Lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMinou1967Dined on 8/27/2014The best food The best chef The best staff Very happy it was all fantastic The food the wine the ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceChiLibrarianDined on 8/22/2014The food was delicious and beat if Ulla prepared and presented. We had the chef's tasting menu with the wine pairing. Both sommeliers explained the wines in an interesting, knowledgeable way without being stuffy or pretentious. Even the one member of our party that didn't have wine enjoyed each wine's story. A really memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well deserved prestigeJMartinezDined on 8/21/2014The experience at Toqué was perfect: firstable the food: delicate, delicious, plenty of flavors, creative, beautifully presented. Excellent wine list. perfect and attentioned service, the personal very professional and friendly, with a real knowledge of gastronomy and enology without being snob; elegant ambiance, very calm, I appreciated that it wasn't noisy even if the restaurant was full…excellent valet parking service, fine hosts. I will go back, no doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite CreationsNovaFoodieDined on 8/20/2014This leisurely dining experience was an adventure for the palate. We selected the seven course tasting menu, which is offered sight- and description-free. If you want to know what you will be served, you must order ala carte. Our trust in the chef's daily creations based on fresh, locally-sourced ingredients was rewarded with unique, interesting and delicious dishes. For instance, because a recent tuna-fishing expedition landed a large swordfish, two of our courses featured swordfish. Local mushrooms were in season, so they featured as well. The wine pairings (5 or 7 two oz. glasses) were near perfect. The staff is, top to bottom, expert, knowledgeable, efficient, & personable. Toque!'s sterling reputation is well-earned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ServiceMangebienMTLDined on 8/19/2014This is the most professional restaurants in terms of service in the city. I would go for business lunches, relaxing dinners, and any event, really. It's always a treat. The food is locally sourced. And the wine list is one of the best in the city. I found that compared with previous visits there was a lot more sweet than bitter on the plates. When you work seasonally, I guess the plates and their balance of flavours always changes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014This restaurant should be in a cute neighborhood in Montreal -- not an office tower on the first floor downtown. Convenient, however, to the Metro and Old Montreal. The food quality was very good with nice presentation but relative to price ($$$)... there are much better alternatives in Montreal -- especially in the plateau.Special Features:
- lives up to its reputationMikezDined on 8/19/2014Refined food and preparation. Freshness of ingredients. Relaxed but classy and efficient service. Impressive wine list. Lunch menu affordable and great opportunity to sample one of the most reputable restaurants. It deserves it's classification as Relais&Châteaux.Special Features:
- SuperbFouFoodieDined on 8/16/2014Had a great time. Service is first class. Great wine suggestion and Food is exceptional. Love the décor and ambiance. Had a great night and my boyfriend was really impressed for his birthday. Always wanted to go to Toque.Special Features:
- perfectp0707Dined on 8/16/2014Our night was perfect nothing less... the food, the service like nowhere else in the worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really NiceMelvDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I were recommended Toque as the best restaurant in Montreal. Certainly the food was great and the modern decor comfortable and chic at the same time. However what set it apart was the service. It was attentive without being intrusive but what was the best was the sommelier. Sommeliers seem to be a dying breed. I chose a French red but it turned out to be not as nice as I thought it would. When the sommelier asked about the wine, I told him this and he asked if he could change it to another for us. I wasn't expecting this as it was simply my mistake, not the restaurant's. However he did and brought back a very nice replacement all at no charge. Very impressive. Thanks for making this experience memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best resto in MontrealBEAUREGARDDEBLOIS2013Dined on 8/15/2014We love it. Anything on the menu is great and we love the 1/2 glass of wine so we can have many 1/2 glass of wine with all: entry, meal and dessert, they were very special and great tasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special LunchJwestDined on 8/14/2014Our lunch was fantastic at Toque from beginning to end. The atmosphere was a little too stuffy with all the tables around us wearing suites, however that is just our personal preference to be more relaxed when dining. Would go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconstanceVENPADined on 8/13/2014Le Toqué nous a offert de superbes plats, avec des odeurs, des gouts, des texture et une présentation unique. Toutefois, ce restaurant n'offre pas une expérience gastronomique; la sobriété du menu, du décor et du service réduisent l'événement. Malheureusement, à notre dernière visite, le service fut déficient. Notre serveur a fait des erreurs et par son attitude nous a ennuyé.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- theatergoerDined on 8/12/2014Beautiful presentation, delicious food, excellent service Worth a tripSpecial Features:
- simply flawlessOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014Amazing service and excellent food. Portion sizes are larger then expected on the a la carte menu. Great selection of wine. Top 10 meals I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brouilly pourri, et chaudToquelasDined on 8/8/2014En général un des excellents restaurants de Montréal. Ce midi-là, le repas (côtelette de porc) était banal et surtout la bouteille de Brouilly totalement misérable. Chaude et d'un goût douteux. Il y a un bizarre lapin sur l'étiquette de cette bouteille. La semaine précédente, une assiette couverte de trente petits légumes. On voulait imiter Braque ou un autre surréaliste surchargé. Le résultat: excitation des neurones mais non des papilles gustatives. Yann, le serveur plutôt gentil, aurait dû nous déconseiller de prendre cette bouteille et nous conseiller un vin de meilleure qualité . Donc deux fois au Toqué en deux semaines. Mais pas cette semaine!Special Features:
- ExcellentPillullaDined on 7/30/2014We went at Toque for our weeding anniversary. We could ask for a better service or food. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaix and château restaurantKBOZDined on 7/29/2014This was a delicious find right opposite the convention centre. Perfect for an intimate dinner for two and extremely knowledgable and helpful sommelier. The food was aesthetically beautiful and delicious. We enjoyed the 7 course degustation with 5 matched wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the adventurous palateNotafoodieDined on 7/26/2014First a disclosure: I'm not a foodie and I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to a conservative eater. It is a food adventure for those who want a delicious but novel dining experience. My daughter chose a summer salad "soup" of fruit, vegetables, and tuna in a tomato broth. It was lovely to look at and absolutely delicious! She also had the magret, which was the best I've ever had. My husband and I chose the foi gras which was also unusually prepared but delicious. Our main course was the tuna, again delicious with unusual veggies and a great sauce. Dessert was chocolate cake. It was an absolute work of art, and again delicious! I enthusiastically recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014Our first experience at this restaurant and we were not disappointed. Staff professional and able to assist us through the process. We chose the menu dégustation with the shrimp gazpacho the highlight. Based on the staff and quality of food we will return.
- DeliciousNicolaDined on 7/23/2014Wonderful tasting menu with excellent wine pairings. Absolutely orth the money.Special Features:
- DisappointedAnneVTVIPDined on 7/22/2014We came here the first night in Montreal for a business dinner, expecting quite a lot since it was supposed to be one of the best places in the city. The meal started well with a lovely champagne tasting. After that it went downhill. Our food took a long time and was really good but not great. We had ordered two glasses of wine which the waiter completely forgot to bring until we asked him during the second course. The server was not enthusiastic about helping us and maybe it's is because we are American or maybe because we did not order the full tasting menu. We will probably not be back. Unfortunately I can say we have many other better meals in New York and. Boston.Special Features:
- Did not live up to expectationsMaybeASecondChanceDined on 7/22/2014I couldn't leave Montreal without having the foie gras, but I was a bit disappointed here. The dressing served with it helped, but it did not stand up well on its own. The wine the sommelier chose was mediocre and definitely not worth the price. This is the first time I've been disappointed with a recommendation from a sommelier, especially given the breadth of options. The second course (pork loin) was very good and did not disappoint. The restaurant itself was very nice and the staff was attentive but not overbearing. I would give it a second chance but try a different wine and first course.Special Features:
- Montreal19Dined on 7/15/2014Bel endroit, service exceptionnel, nourriture tres bien pour le dinerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soirée inoubliable!JlkickDined on 7/10/2014Nous avions réservé au bar car nous connaissions Gilbert le serveur du bar. Nous avons opté pour le menu de dégustation avec le vin. Nous sommes restés 4hr!!! La présentation des assiettes est a manquer de souffle. Tout était délicieux et les vins!....quoi dire de mieux! On a également eu droit a la visite de leur cave a vin! Fantastique!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and excellent service!TouqueDined on 7/9/2014The food was expertly prepared and the servers were very attentive and professional. I ordered the tasting menu and noted the chefs expertise in making sure each element of each dish created a flavor sensation and wasn't merely added for aesthetics. My only criticism is that I kept being pestered by fruit flies throughout my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favourite restaurant of allTorontoFoodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014I've eaten at Toqué three times, each easily among the top 10 restaurant meals of my life. The food is astonishing, the service is excellent, and I am always left satisfied. It's a lot of money, and I do not begrudge a penny of it. Simply amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.