900 Place Jean-Paul Riopelle
Montreal, QC H2Z 2B2Neighborhood:
French / CanadianPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurant-toque.com/
- Phone: (514) 499-2084
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch (27$ to 45$): Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:45pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thusday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday : 5.30pm - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French / Canadian
- Executive Chef: Normand Laprise
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Manon Giroud-Nadaud 5144992084x
- Special Events: Thank you for choosing Restaurant Toque! We are hosting a Special Event this evening. Please call us if you have any questions!
A word from Restaurant Toque!
21 years ago Toqué! opened featuring local produce: a showcase for Quebec's terroir and its suppliers. The ongoing contributions of these artisans is no less important today. We have them to thank for foie gras de canard or salicornia; lamb of heirloom vegetables; seafood or fine herbs. These tireless farmers, foragers and fishermen inspire Toqué!'s cuisine, on which they bestow tastes, textures and natural aromas and unparalleled freshness.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Restaurant Toque! - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Restaurant Toque! reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)fit for foodies (96)notable wine list (81)romantic (66)hot spot (21)great for lunch (17)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Memorable experiencespicotronDined on 11/22/2014From start to finish, a great amount of attention is taken to ensure a truly unforgettable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPPOINTINGOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014DISAPPOINTING , HAD DINNER AT EUROPEA THE NITE BEFORE AND EXPECTED MUCH MORE FORM THIS ICON RESTAURANT. EUROPEA BLEW TOUQE AWAY. TASTING MENU WAS BORING AND BASED ON OTHER REVIEWS IT SEEMS THEY SERVE THE SAME TASTING MENU OVER AND OVER AGAIN, FOR $500 USD FOR 2 PEOPLE WE FELT TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF. WE LEFT BEFORE LAST ITEM, CAN NOT RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT
- Excellent restaurantMayaDined on 11/21/2014Tres bon Excellent service Ils nous ont même fait visiter la cuisine! Tres intéressant et propreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and excellent servicesVito3255Dined on 11/21/2014I was with my lovely wife for a dinner last Friday. We did not have the devastation menu. We ordered a la care and the food was extremely good, services were excellent from valet into the restaurant. Both of us were very satisfied and for sure, we will be coming back soon with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatFabdinerncDined on 11/20/2014The restaurant is beautiful and staff very nice and well trained. The food disappointed a bit. The appetizers were great. We had the raw scallops and a winter salad with goat cheese. The main dishes were overly sweet. The main sauce in my pork dish was extremely similar to the sauce my husband had in his sirloin dish although they were described totally different in the menu. The other sauces on the plate were also on the sweet side and weren't very flavorful. My husband got a very grisly piece of meat as well. For the type and price of the restaurant, I expected close to perfection. It's good food, but not the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful EveningJimsontheroadDined on 11/14/2014The Chef's special and wine pairings was a sensational explosion of wonderful flavours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014Simply outstanding. The tasting menu was quite creative, and the wine parings spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a 1:30 reservation, and felt rushed.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014While the food and presentation are very nice, the rush from the staff was uncomfortable. The vibe at 2p is dead, they would benefit from being " all in" at lunch if they are going to make the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meilleure expérience gastronomiquemarielou124Dined on 11/8/2014Tout durant la soirée a été absolument parfait! Des petites attentions du personnel, à la nourriture plus que délicieuse, à la recherche dans chaque plat, à l'effort d'utiliser des produits locaux, aux sommeliers à l'écoute et à la carte des vins exceptionnelle, en passant par l'ambiance agréable, le décor soigné et épuré et le professionnalisme de tous, l'expérience au Toqué est en un mot grandiose! Je souhaite à tout le monde d'y aller une fois, et il est certain que j'y retournerai maintenant pour chaque occasion un peu spéciale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!nancyDined on 11/8/2014A dinning experience worth every penny! We treated ourselves to the tasting menu and wine "accords"... Simply fantastic!!!Special Features:
- Montreal MustJadaDined on 11/7/2014We did dinner Friday night 11/7/14 and were very impressed with service, and food is 5 star. It is expensive and they have over 7000 bottles of wine so budget some extra money and go eat their.Special Features:
- Gastronomic experienceDaveDined on 11/6/2014The food was very good. Every bite came with nuances and surprises. None tasted exactly the same. You are in for a gastronomic experience and you'll love every bite. The presentation is spotless. Take a few minutes to peek in the majestic cellar with a notable wine list! On the less interesting element of our diner is the service. Even though the service was totally irreproachable, it felt a little weird. Two many people buzzing around the tables, taking care of ALL our needs at ALL time created a somewhat non-intimate feeling for a romantic diner. They do a good job but they should totally chill down a little bit. Other than this, you should give it a try. And let the staff guide you through wine selection. They are great at it.Special Features:
- Petite déception n'est pas coutume.MelMironVIPDined on 11/5/2014J'adore le Toqué. J'adore aller dîner au Toqué. Je vis une expérience gustative exceptionnelle à chaque visite. Cette fois-ci, j'ai moins aimé, le service était un peu différent, mon entée de maquereau confit était savoureuse mais quelques morceaux étaient plus dures, mon plat de poisson (bar) n'était pas chaud mais mon dessert était décadent. La mousse aux carottes, bravissimo. Voilà, comme je dis, petite déception n'est pas coutume...Special Features:
- Well-deserved reputationOutandaboutDined on 11/4/2014Wow! Outstanding (unparalleled in my experience) service and a most memorable meal: I had a Goat cheese and brussels sprout, apple, tarragon, scallion, cider vinegar reduction appetizer (the brussel sprouts were grilled to perfection), a perfectly cooked mackerel main dish in an exceptional well-dosed sauce and the most scrumptious exceptional rice pudding dessert followed by a complimentary square of sucre à la crème (vanilla fudge) with just a soupçon of salt that made it the best I've ever had in my life. The combination of sweet and savoury were ingenious, the cooking impeccable, the textures (soft food had some sort of "crackle" in it) balanced.Special Features:
- Entrée et desserts à retenirDanielleDined on 11/4/2014L'entrée et le dessert étaient parfaites, toutefois le plat principal m'a déçu. Le plat principal de mon compagnon (Canard) était fort acceptable, mais le mien (Maquereau) n'était pas à la hauteur. Je trouvais que le poisson ne se mariait pas bien avec les accompagnements trop doux, voir même fades... Les entrées étaient sublimes : choux de Bruxelles et poisson cru et les desserts aussi. Enfin le service bien qu'excellent était un peu invasif et nous avons eu à leur dire de ralentir la cadence, car déjà il nous apportait le vin du plat principal quand on avait pas fini le vin de l'entrée. Donc somme toute, je pense que le Toqué n'a pas donné tout ce qu'il a dans le ventre à cet évènement de Montréal à table .Special Features:
- angelDined on 11/1/2014We felt very welcomed & were treated like royalty.I would definitely go back for a special occasion. The food was delicious & we enjoyed the wine pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing... as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014Amazing food and attentive service. I would totally recommand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as usual!KarenDined on 10/31/2014The food is absolutely exquisite. Our choice of dishes were from the "MTL à Table" menu and they were all delicious. The wine pairings were right on the nose and the service was excellent. This is not your everyday restaurant (can be quite pricey), but for special occasions, you cannot go wrong!Special Features:
- charminglambDined on 10/31/2014Although it is not as outstanding and innovative as its reputation, the service is attentive and the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toujours excellentCarignanDined on 10/25/2014Service impécable, saveurs exquises, menu dégustation a la hauteur des attentes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable EveningAsselinsDined on 10/25/2014We ate at Toqué on Saturday, October 25th, to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary. Everything was spectacular, from the design of the restaurant to the attentive service to the exquisite food. It is a meal we will not soon forget, and will likely never surpass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok I guessSohungryDined on 10/25/2014The service and staff is excellent they treated us well explained every course and were very pleasant even when we sent one of our dishes back because the squib was too red. We both tried the 7 course meal it had some good dishes most courses were just ok. neither of us liked the main course. This is one of the most expensive restaurants I have ever been too. It was good to try once but I would never go back. They do have a lot of choices for wine.Special Features:
- ExcellentlrrobinsonDined on 10/24/2014Had the tasting menu with the full wine pairing, everything was amazing. Thank you.Special Features:
- HeisenbergVIPDined on 10/22/2014We were visiting from out of town and received a blind recommendation from our hotel (Queen Elizabeth) What a great surprise to have one of the 10 best meals of my life with impeccable service and still a casual yet elegant setting When ever I am back in town -- I will be eating at "Toque"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great, but...joiseychowhoundVIPDined on 10/15/2014This is a fine restaurant still, but some of the more precious dishes simply don't cut it like they used to. Service is some of the most intelligent and attentive in Montreal. The room is kinda romantic in a slightly esoteric way. Prices are high, as you would expect, but the very extensive wine list seems fairly priced. Still great but perhaps not quite as great as it once was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gastronomically devineHiratajDined on 10/14/2014I would say that the lunch that my wife and I shared at Toque was among the best meals that we have ever tried, ever, anywhere! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence food experienceCev13Dined on 10/8/2014Great food, and very nice ambience. Sure we will get back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best in Vieux Port areaTonyTorontoDined on 10/8/2014Lunch for me, this is a worry free dining experience - two courses, two paired half glasses of wine and no other worries - just a great way to spend 2 hours during a busy week - or vacation time.Special Features:
- A dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014If you are going to go, the Chef's tasting menu is the way to go! Very attentive service! Definitely should give it a go at least once.Special Features:
- Exquisite service & tasteMattyDined on 10/7/2014Presentation of the dishes was among the most impressive I've ever experienced. The venison carpaccio was probably the best carpaccio of ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing !Dkde1977Dined on 10/4/2014C'était une expérience culinaire incroyable. Le staff exceptionnel. Nous avons pris le menu dégustation et les vins associés. Quelll plaisir !!! On doit être ouvert d'esprit et avoir le goût de vivre une telle expérience de saveurs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The respect given to food and guests is an anomaly in our fast paced world. This is one of the main reason I enjoy Toque!. I very much appreciate the quality of food and attention to detail. The staff is not only knowledgeable but also very friendly and eager to be of service which only enhances the client experience. Congratulations on managing and operating such a fine establishment and I wish you many more years of continued success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, but very expensiveKingsleyDined on 10/2/2014Group of 4 persons for a special dinner. Food, wine and service excellent. However, very expensive, particularly the wine list. Our two visitors from Europe (Belgium & France) were surprized how expensive the evening was compared to prices in Western Europe. However, they did enjoy the excellent and imaginative menu, the service and the ambiance. RogerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience !lpaintreDined on 10/1/2014Fine dining and incredible service ! The menu is changing practically every day and all the ingredients are fresh and local !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Food superb. Wine fair and very over priced . Overall great experience, wildly expensiveSpecial Features:
- Overcooked and uninspiredAmberVIPDined on 9/19/2014The dining room was sterile, service terribly slow and the chef's surprising tasting menu utterly uninspired – including using the exact same accompaniments for both venison and a fish course. Scallops and tuna were both terribly overcooked. The tuna was so overcooked that I was shocked it was even brought to the table. Our server did not even ask if anything was wrong when we only ate a couple bites. We were not even given menus upon leaving, nor did we receive a little treat to take home that we saw another table presented with. This was our first dinner in Montreal and I had heard such great things, but was utterly disappointed.
- very nice but too much expensiveNathalieDined on 9/18/2014I was there for a special occasion and I knew it would be expensive. I had a great time. The food was good but I had way better food and experience for the same bill at other places in Montreal. Will probably not come back.Special Features:
- Du grand art!FoxtrotDined on 9/16/2014Everything at Toqué! is mastered. From the attention to detail (the personnel's uniform - complete with a gold pin- , the Toqué! logo on the wine glass facing you - all 7 pairings through the evening - , the spotless dishes, glasses and utensils. And what about the delicious compositions, presented to each and every guest as intended by the Chef -this daikon to the left, and that wonderful tuna to the right. And, of course, the list would most likely be much longer, thinking of everything so brilliantly executed we didn't even notice it happened. Dining at Toqué!, for us, means "pur bonheur", and that's why we are always looking forward to our next visit. Bon appétit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/16/20147 courses with 7 paired wines. Best ever! Service was excellent, ambiance fantastic.Special Features:
- A Must-Try Experience in Montrealvyl88Dined on 9/16/2014After reading several reviews online, we decided to go with the tasting menu for my husband's birthday, and we were definitely not disappointed! We experienced some of the most unique flavour/texture combinations! My husband really loved some of the more modern, unique dishes, while I enjoyed the more traditional dishes, so there is something for everyone! That is not to say that there wasn't a single dish that I didn't love. Service was impeccable! One of our best dining experiences!Special Features: