1300 H Street
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thir13en.com/
- Phone: 9165947669
- Hours of Operation:
New Hours effective November 1st, 2012
Monday - Thursday: 11:00AM - 9:00PM
Friday: 11:00AM – 10:00PM
Saturday: 5:00PM – 10:00PM
Brunch: Saturday 10AM - 3:00PM
Happy Hour: Monday- Friday 3:00pm to 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Pechal
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tuli Catering is the exclusive caterer of the Sterling Hotel Ballroom. We have a traveling pizza oven and dual smokers.
- Special Events: Happy Hour M-F 3-6 PM. $3 beers, $5 wine and well drinks, and several excellent small bites for $5, or choose from our full menu.
A word from Restaurant Thir13en
We are located on the ground floor of the historic Sterling Hotel. Restaurant Thir13en offers a unique concept on farm to table cuisine. We utilize the freshest local ingredients in our food and cocktail preparations. We have a beautiful patio that is perfect for dining and our quant dining room has a large 13 seat community table that is great for a larger get together.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Restaurant Thir13en reviews from OpenTable diners
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2014This was our first time at the restaurant and was sad to hear they were closing at the end of January. However, the brunch was decent. My biggest feedback is that the Eggs Benedict I got was on a thick piece of foccacia. The hollandaise was completely soaked up by the bread. I asked for more and it was fine.Special Features:
- I'll miss themWhateverFitsDined on 1/25/2014Unfortunately this wonderful restaurant is closing down this week. We will miss them dearly. We went for one last meal and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too BadGebbyloveDined on 1/24/2014It is a shame this restaurant is closing as we thought it was a very nice place. The food was very good as well as the service and atmosphere. If I had one complaint it was that it took a little bit longer than anticipated from appetizer to main dish. Other than that it was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not my favoriteMishDined on 1/18/2014The food was good. The restaurant is loud and the tables are close together, so you end up hearing the conversations of the people sitting near you. The food was good, but for the price and atmosphere, I'd choose Mulvaney's or Ella instead.Special Features:
- Great food but small portionsronnieDDined on 1/17/2014Food was excellent, but the miniscule portions for the entrée left us wanting more, hungry and feeling we should have got better value. Dessert was much better, providing that you like more food than the appetizer and entrée put together -- but I'm not dessert enthusiast .Special Features:
- Sac dine downtown good findAnnieVIPDined on 1/17/2014We were very happy to experience this restaurant. The ambiance was great and the food was terrific! I would dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice eveningsacrobinVIPDined on 1/17/2014This was our first visit to the restaurant, and we were very impressed with the food and service. The restaurant itself seems pretty tiny--tables are a bit too close together and we could feel the draft every time someone opened the door. Three of us took advantage of the Dine Downtown menu, which was a great value and absolutely delicious. My husband ordered from the menu and thoroughly enjoyed his harvest salad and hamachi. Everything was beautifully presented and perfectly cooked. Service was excellent--attentive but not intrusive, friendly and welcoming but professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place!EileenDined on 1/16/2014We decided on Thir13en for the Dine In Sac. experience because of the menu choices. We have eaten there before in weather that permits outside dining which we have loved! The weather did not permit outside seating this time of year. The bar was noisy because there was a work party there. We like it more quiet because it is a date for us. Other than the noise our experience was stellar! The food included yummy scallops, a wonderful orange salad, very good squash soup and delicious desserts. We took the desserts to go as the noise level was above what we prefer. The service was wonderful by our server. It did take the kitchen awhile to get our food out to us Anyway, for us it is a date night place for special occasions. Eileen & Chet BowlingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMadelineCookieDined on 1/11/2014Even with a reservation, we had a long wait for the table. The service was professional, and the food was ok-- scallops were good while the short rib was a bit mushy. It is quite dark and noisy, like a bar.Special Features:
- The food was OK. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/11/2014The food was OK. The service was poor; I think the guy either had too many tables or had poor management skills. The tables by the door were really cold since the door was constantly being opened.
- Enjoyed dinner here duringOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/10/2014Enjoyed dinner here during Dine Downtown week. It was my first time there. The scallops were fabulous. Definitely a memorable meal. Service was very professional and friendly. A large group came in towards the end of our meal and it became very noisy. It's a fairly small restaurant. Has a very nice outside seating area. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine ListLynnVIPDined on 1/9/2014Enjoyed our meal last night, even enjoyed my wine by the glass, but they only had 1 oaky Chardonnay to choose from. They need a large wine selection by the glass.Special Features:
- Lucky Thir13enRobertoDined on 1/8/2014This tiny restaurant is quite a find. Entrees--particularly the diver scallops--were interesting and flavorful, and desserts were extraordinarily good. It's a tight space, so the noise level can get painful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!EGGuyDined on 12/21/2013Wife and I really enjoyed our meals. Oysters were among the best I've ever had. Mac and Cheese is a must try. We split the burger and ribs - both very very good. Service and staff were great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatsMaxlyDined on 12/15/2013Had reservation via Open Table for Brunch, seated immediately upon arrival. The restaurant was smaller than I had expected, with only a handful of individual tables sitting closely next to each other. There was a longer table in the middle of the restaurant for larger groups, as well as sittings in the bar area. There is also a nice patio with several tables, possibly good on warmer days. The wait person was super friendly, knowledgeable, and very attentive to our needs. I had the Ahi tuna benny, perfectly cooked poached eggs over the tuna. The dish also came with country fried potatoes, just the right portions. The only complaint was the music a little too loud for the small restaurant. Godd experience..... definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch on California Marathon dayMB49Dined on 12/8/2013Brunch dishes all tasty and warming - everyone in our group were happy with their choices. Waitress gave just the right amount of attention - cheerful, knowledgeable, checked in with us at appropriate intervals but not intrusive. The room is pleasant - only complaint was that it was drafty on a very cold morning. We all had to wear our coats. But all agreed they'd go back, maybe on a warmer daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale or Casual? Needs to DecideDavisFoodLoverDined on 12/6/2013I am not sure what this restaurant is trying to be at lunch time - upscale or causal? It needs to make up its mind. The service is upscale, but the food is not. You get higher prices and good service for a basic lunch menu. We shared the club sandwich and a pappardelle special. The club sandwich was delicious, but I have had much better pappardelle. The dining room, which is essentially a cellar, is dark and the tables are too close together for comfortable conversation. I have eaten on the patio at this location when it was Chanterelle, and that was very pleasant, so I might try again when the weather is warm enough to eat outside. Maybe by then Thir13en will have grown up enough to know what it wants to be.Special Features:
- Nice placeSackingDined on 11/15/2013The service was excellent. The place was nice and quiet, dark, very intimate. The menu was small, only 1 page. Girlfriends chicken was good not special. My lamb was at chef discretion of being med rare. I didn't like it being too chewy and the pinkist I have ever had a lamb chops. But the flavoring on it was excellent. Not much in the way of house specialty drinks.Special Features:
- Take your chancesmangiaVIPDined on 11/8/2013If you want romantic, this is the place for you. Ambience was cozy and service very good. But the food...well, it was such a mixed bag, it was very confusing. First off, the prices are up and down in comparison to other restaurants. The ones that seem below the prevailing market price turned out to be very small portions. As far as taste goes, the caesar dressing was so intense you could not taste anything afterwards; duck three ways was yummy; papardelle was dry and chewy, but the sauce was very flavorful; and the carrot cake was awful--so sweet, so overloaded with garnishes and frosting I could not find the cake--it needed serious editing.
- Gorgeous Presentation!CheryllynneDined on 11/1/2013Loved the ambiance and the food was just as i expected. Exceptional! I was greeted by the host and seated right away and the server was awesome. Very quaint, cozy and not loud in any way. I recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointingSRMACDined on 11/1/2013Good service, good wine list, and good sides served with entrees. However, on our Friday night visit the chicken was not available and the pork chop disappointing. Three of us ordered the pork chop; two of the chops were fine, but the third was 2/3rds fat. The General Manager explained that they cut their own pork and towards the end of the slab, pieces get fattier. That explained "HOW" it happened but certainly not "WHY" they would then serve it to a customer. The dish was replaced with a leaner piece (which meant it had been available in the first place), however, our dining companion ate more than a 1/2 hr after the rest of us. Given the status this restaurant is trying to achieve, compensation beyond an apology was in order.
- Food quality is not as good as it wdeannahansonDined on 10/29/2013I had the steak and the flavors were overpowering. I like a reduced wine sauce normally but this was not as pleasant. My guest had the scallops, which would have been my second choice, and said they were "just ok". The Caesar salad was good.Special Features:
- Small restaurant, excellent foodJerseyGirlVIPDined on 10/26/2013Four of us had dinner there recently. The staff hadn't prepared a table for us, although we did have a reservation. They quickly pulled two tables, of varying heights, together. The scallops were superb, the pasta was rich, the chicken would have benefited from a potato pancake instead of a bread pudding beneath it, and the swordfish, while excellent in flavor, was almost swamped by the celeriac puree. The beignets dessert was awesome. It is a noisy place and I would mark it as Romantic but the loudness and lack of tablecloths prevent me from doing that. Also, the lighting can be harsh, depending upon where you are seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outTrudylakDined on 10/26/2013There were 3 of us, each chose a excellent entree Ribeye, Pork chop, Swordfish, Mac and cheese to start. We each liked our own chose and we were able to sample each other's. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to end a work weekJuliemzuzuVIPDined on 10/25/2013Dinner on Friday night was excellent. We had the best table in the restuarant - people watching at its best. Appetizer terrific! Dinner - rib eye steak best I've ever had. Will definitely go back again and again.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerDiningVicDined on 10/19/2013We had a wonderful dinner at Restaurant 13. I would have given it 5 stars for food, but our cauliflower soup was luke-warm. It was delicious though. I had the butternut squash risotto and my husband had the burger. The food was wonderful. We sat outside and the lighting and atmosphere was romantic for our anniversary dinner. We ended the evening with a pear tart and a "caramel apple," both were good. They have a great table inside for a large crowd also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thir13engastrojimDined on 10/19/2013This was the first time we have eaten here. We enjoyed the food and wine very much. Service was very good and we enjoyed the ambiance of the place. This is a great place to dine before attending an event at the Community Center Theater. An added plus is that there is plenty of free parking in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been so much betterAjbrioDined on 10/18/2013The atmosphere was perfect, the outside courtyard downtown on a beautiful fall day. The menu was disappointing for lunch at what I would consider an upscale restaurant..I asked for a recommendation and the waitress said the scallops..the presentation was lovely but the food was mediocre. One of my companions had the grilled chicken sandwich with goat cheese but remarked there was very little cheese and the chicken was dry. Another companion had the ahi tuna and that met our expectations. Wish I'd ordered that! The Mac n cheese which we shared was good but not divine, as a four cheese medley should have been for the palates of these cheese lovers....it has the potential of bring a five star but was disappointing.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back!daisygirl2010Dined on 10/4/2013Restaurant Thir13en was a wonderful find! Everything we ate was fantastic. I especially enjoyed the pork shank ravioli. The patio area is beautiful and such a great spot on a nice evening. We will be back to try more of the delicious food here - it did not disappoint!Special Features:
- fabulous brunch on a crazy dayKauaijunkieVIPDined on 9/15/2013Even though the Thir13en is located at the Sterling Hotel, we were told that the staff did not know that the Hotel was taking part in the Historic Home tour. Thank goodness for Open Table . It was the only way to snag a table right on the "flight path" of the tour. The food was a wonderful surprise. Great Brunch menu and a great way to spend a Saturday or Sunday afternoon .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Go!not4usDined on 9/14/2013on our first (and only) visit, everything started out good. The waiter informed that the scallops were in short supply, so my wife asked to hold an order for her. He came back and confirmed that her order was secure. But after we finished our first course, the maitre d informed us that, her scallops had been "pre-sold" and were no longer available. He had clearly sold her order to a regular customer. We paid for what we had consumed and got up and left. We do not recommend this restaurant.
- GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE1KTravelerVIPDined on 9/7/2013Everything looked great and I'd heard very good reviews on Chef Adam Pechal, so I ordered 3 courses "chef's choice" with wine pairing. Each was delicious and beautifully presented - from the ahi tartare, to the PEI Mussels and the final course of pork chop on a corn bread puree. The wines were perfectly paired and I ended up ordering dessert, which was also memorable. Service was great and the staff were fun and unpretentious. I would highly recommend Restaurant 13!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've consistently enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2013I've consistently enjoyed the fresh, inventive food. In general, service has been attentive and knowledgeable. The poor service I experienced on this visit was not at all typical so I bumped up the rating to be more of a blend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2013Foodies unite! Great fare to be had at this gem of a restaurant. Romantic, quiet spot - love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thir13teen is a Ten!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2013Great for dining outdoors on the patio. Have been there twice before attending Music Circus and service is very efficient. All in party agreed that the burger is tops. Like that the menu is not overwhelming with pages and pages of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Visit YetOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2013We usually fine here before the Music Circus during the summer because of convenience but our last visit was the best ever. Food is usually good but our meal last week was outstanding! Excellent scallops! I think we will return before next summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service always good,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2013Food and service always good, but the noise level is uncomfortably loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pasta with corn andfoodiefanDined on 8/21/2013Great pasta with corn and tomatoes; cantaloupe soup was very good as well. Service outstanding until service moved umbrella to shade another patron leaving us in the sun (but did not ask if that was OK).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceDavisfolksVIPDined on 8/17/2013We had a wonderful dinner in a beautiful setting. We dined outside on the patio on a warm but comfortable evening. My only criticism is that the chairs are not very comfortable. I had the tuna salad first, which had a delicious dressing and was ample enough to share. My only complaint was that the salad dressing was a bit acidic, so I asked for some bread. The waiter brought it happily, but the bread was not very fresh or high quality. I had the halibut as my entrée and it was delicious too. My husband started with the mussels and had the scallop for his entrée. He also enjoyed his food. The excellent service and the beautiful evening added to enjoyment of our evening. I can't wait for the opportunity to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2013A great relaxing evening meal on the patio. Tremendous food (as always at Thir13en), very good service. Definitely a place that has earned repeat visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.