88 Bernard O.
Montreal, QC H2T2J8Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantthailande.com/
- Phone: 5142716733x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room available for parties from 20 to 45 people. Please reserve in advance.
Salle privée disponible pour les groupes de 20 à 45 personnes.
- Private Party Contact: Jenny 5142716733x
A word from Restaurant Thailande
Montrealers have taken whole-heartedly to Thai cuisine, finding its unique blend of flavors, herbs, spices an exotic, interesting and delicious combination. Restaurant Thaïlande is a terrific place to enjoy authentic Thai cuisine; this establishment has been open since 1987 and attracts any type of crowd who appreciate amazing food and tasteful typical Thai décor. Optional traditional floor seatings (must reserve by phone). A private room is also available for up to 45 people for any type of parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Restaurant Thailande reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (5)romantic (3)special occasion (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great foodNouraDined on 10/10/2014Tasty food, excellent service, good ambiance, and reasonnable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Thai FoodMMVGDined on 9/27/2014Option 2 for the table d'hote is an excellent choice. The vegetarian mango salad is fresh and very tasty. The peanut butter dumplings are excellent. Very good flavor and not too much of a peanut butter taste. The mains were also all very good. The food is fresh, the service is good. We sat at one of the traditional tables for the experience of it, but the next time I would probably sit in the regular dining room.Special Features:
- NiceDerekDined on 9/7/2014Nice and good dishes Soup Tom Kha little Coldplay and not spicy and without fresk coriander Green Curry with chicken WOWSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Les saveurs!!Bonsai439Dined on 8/31/2014Ce restaurant ne manque pas à son standard de qualité de nourriture et saveurs qui font qu'il soit parmi mes favoris. Menu varié à souhait, rendent difficile de tout y essayer. Carte de vin honnête et en accord avec ces saveurs d'orient. Service courtois et discret. On ne peut qu'y retournerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeFelucaDined on 7/26/2014Food was very good, service was excellent. I wish I knew I had to put in a special request for the seating on the floor, when we got there there was no tables to accomodate for 4....had I known I would have reserved in advance or another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemPeteDined on 7/18/2014Excellent Thai ! Great evening ... Best in Mtl, awesome flavorsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 57 reviews are from the Restaurant Thailande reviews archive.
- Amazing food as usualDesignGirlDined on 6/7/2014The food here is delicious! We've never been disappointed and we've tried several different items on the menu. Just went on Saturday and brought along my sister and brother in law and they equally enjoyed it!
- Great foodpigmeDined on 5/23/2014It was the second time we go because the food is so good. The portions are big and it is guarantied that you leave full with the table d'hôte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little jewel in the Westend areaCamillecamomilleDined on 4/26/2014I lived in Thailand for two years and this restaurant recreate the spirit of this beautiful country with success. The traditionnal tables area is very cosy. The food was really good, the offer a good range of vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals and they adapt in function of your needs. One little comment would be about the service, it's efficient but the servers could be more friendly. But still, a very good place to go, as a couple, with family or friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodMAGWVIPDined on 2/26/2014Went out with two friends for a late meal and was pleasantly surprised. The food came relatively quickly and tasted great. Would definitely recommend and go back again.Special Features:
- Delicious food, excellent service!GwenVIPDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I picked this place for dinner on a Saturday night because it's located not too far from the Rialto theater. We had an early reservation so the restaurant was almost empty when we arrived but it filled-out pretty quickly. Service was excellent, for example as soon as we stopped looking at our menus, the waiter arrived. He was very patient with all our questions and made suggestions as well, which I greatly appreciated, being a "neophyte in tai food". We both chose the table d'hôte #1, as we wanted to try many things on the menu. Price was not cheap but not expensive either, especially for the quality of the food. My husband who doesn't eat spicy food was able to get everything with no spices, and it was still very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DecisionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014We were traveling and saw this restaurant had reviewed well. The food was fantastic. Very reasonably priced. The service was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swasdee!! Thai cuisine to die forFussyFoodieDined on 12/26/2013This is the best Thai restaurant this side of Bangkok. It has an authentic Thai menu and typical, delicious desserts. Only problem I usually have is the parking; but one can be creative. Go for the deep fried pomfret with sweet and spicy sauce. The Tom Yum soup with sea food (ask for extra spicy, if you dare) is out of this world - especially good on a winters evening. Pineapple fried rice is a must. Unfortunately the vegetable dishes, particularly the mixed vegetables is a little bland, probably to cater for the western palate - what a pity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good foodChinhVuDined on 12/22/2013The food was good last time i was here but this time is a complete different story... the food is mediocre :-(
- Always deliciousJohnDined on 12/14/2013I try something different every time and everything is very tasty. Can't go wrong with any of the curry dishes... Had the chicken wings for first time and they were delicious, highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyGoldenrustDined on 12/11/2013Delicious food and great place to have a quiet business or creative meeting. Great as well for a lovely dinner with your loved ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un des bons restos Thai à MontréalThaifoodloverDined on 11/9/2013J'aime beaucoup ce restaurant car la nourriture est très bonne. La déco et l'ambiance est moyenne, mais ce n'est pas pour ça que j'y retourne constamment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent eating experienceInafix4foodDined on 10/26/2013Overall an enjoyable meal. Veggie dumplings were tasty. Nice sauce. This was followed by the mango salad which was rather disappointing. The mangoes were under ripe. The shrimp curry dish was good. A nice place if you're in the area and hungry. But I would not necessarily go out of my way to dine here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really love this restaurantLuv2dineDined on 10/25/2013I really love this restaurant the food was really good the service too I like the ambiance of the place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food hot andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2013Great service, food hot and fresh, very tasty, nice mix of flavours, good portions, made for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food poor serviceVeggiedinerDined on 10/18/2013Although the food was quite good, the service was far from it.
- Awesome EverytimeJam3Dined on 10/4/2013I have gone to this restaurant 4 times now and everytime they were equally great. Their food is flavorful without being salty too sweet. The table d'hôte is perfect for people who want to try many things. Their green tea cheesecake is the best. The servers are good and the kitchen seems very fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully AuthenticSophisticATEdinerDined on 9/22/2013Great Thai place! Hard to find a place that does Thai coconut-based curries so well! I ordered the Yellow Curry with Tofu. It was very delicious and filling. The vegetable fried rice was a great accompaniment to the Curry. For appetizers, highly recommend the vegetable dumplings with peanut sauce, as well as a fried tofu with peanut sauce. Overall delightful experience, and extremely nice staff. Very efficient. Highly Recommend. Though not terribly cheap, it is a place to go to for authentic thai food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had dinner and the foodglobtrottrDined on 8/29/2013We had dinner and the food and service were fabulous. Prices are reasonnable A great place to savour Thai food. I would not hesitate to recommend to allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to bring your momLoverBoyDined on 8/3/2013Bring your mom from out of town and sit in the upper level section with your feet under the table, she will go crazy !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai in MontrealCleanEaterVIPDined on 7/21/2013This is close to the Mile End area, which we also enjoyed. Asian patrons made up half of the patrons on the night we visited. The space is casual and comfortable. It is large enough for a party. We tried the the Mojitos-excellent and less sweet, Vegetarian Dumplings w Peanut Sauce-OK, Seafood Salad-Fresh Spicy Sweet, excellent. For dinner we had 2 other excellent items. The Thai Fish and vegetables was spicy, sweet, excellent. The boneless duck was awesome as well. The service was a little slow in taking our orders, but the food courses progressed well. A fine find outside of downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disapointedkarenDined on 7/18/2013we are very good customers but we were so disapointed yesterday night. We came with 2 friends who could not eat the food because it was really too spicy and the waiter was soo strange and terrible that we didn't say anything. We ordered a lot, but when we asked for a little more cashew sauce for the dip the waiter said we would have to be charged for it. then we did not take the the we paid for because we were too disapointed...
- great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2013A very big Thank you to Jenni (manager) for helping organize my birthday supper. The food was excellent, the service very attentive and we were seated in a quasi-private room which gave our group some privacy. I could not have asked for anything more. The whole group was impressed and all said they would be returning. Our menu consisted of a little bit of everything from soup to different appetizers and several different entrées. All tasted exceptionally good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le meilleur restaurant thaïMontréalHenrietteDined on 7/2/2013Excellent restaurant, cuisine thaïlandaise exquise, service efficace et personnel très gentil. Les prix sont abordables. Je le recommande a tous ceux qui aiment cette cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthentiqueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2013Ressemble beaucoup à la bouffe que l'on trouve en Thailande... Quand ce pays nous manque... Ca fait du bien de re réchauffer avec un bon cari vert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un excellent restaurant thaïHenrietteDined on 6/17/2013Nous avons beaucoup aimé la nourriture excellente, variée et bien présentée . Le service courtois , efficace et très gentil . Je recommande ce restaurant qui est un des meilleurs restaurants thaï de MontréalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!EllaphunkyDined on 6/11/2013The food was amazing, our waiter knew every item on the menu and was able to help us pick apps so would would have a full flavour experience. We will absolutely go back to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai Food to die forFussyFoodieDined on 6/1/2013I love Thai food. I used to have to travel to Thailand at least once a month and took every opportunity to savour the food in Bangkok. Since moving to Montreal, I have not really good Thai food, until I found Restaurant Thailande. The Tom Yum is unbelievably good (try very spicy). I like the deep fried pomfret with sweet sauce and ginger. The barbequed giant shrimp is also a very tasty dish. Both the green and red curries (I prefer with beef, my wife prefers chicken) are also out of this world. By the way when having the shrimp or the fish, ask for the sliced chilli in fish sauce ( a dipping sauce) - spicy!! and flavourful. The staff is very nice and friendly.Special Features:
- Tres belle soireeancetreDined on 5/24/2013Aucun regret a la sortie du restaurant ,restaurant propre ,service tres bon et la nourrriture tres bonne.Special Features:
- It was the first time in yourGigiDined on 5/17/2013It was the first time in your premises and it was enjoyable, the waiter was excellent, friendly, helpful and smiling. We did not feel rush and we had a great time. The food was very good ,for me I took the hot sour soup with the shrimps with citronnelle that I loved ,but my friends did not like the won ton soup not tasty at all they said. but the remaining dishes were outstanding. We will be back..... Thank you .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Variety But Average Taste...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013I like the large choice of main dishes and the fact that you mix and match with different seafood, chicken, duck, beef, vegetarian, and different kinds of seafood and it's not too expensive. But the portions were small so not so good for sharing dishes among friends which is how I normally like to eat at Thai restaurants. The food was good, but I've had better. It took a long long time for our food to come at least an hour after putting our orders in.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013This is the second time I frequented Le Thailande. The food is amazing! Lots of heat and flavour and the portion sizes are just right. I now recommend this restaurant to all my friends who live in the area.Special Features:
- Have been here in the past,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2013Have been here in the past, and the food was so much better. This time had a feeling that everything was prepared weeks in advance and reheated in the microwave.Special Features:
- Nous sommes arrivés 30 minutesLaurentDined on 3/8/2013Nous sommes arrivés 30 minutes à l'avance et cela n'a pas semblé déranger. Le personnel est discret et souriant, les plats sont très bon, bonne bière Thaïlandaise ... Réservez une table avec coussins pour le fun ...Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013I reserved for a birthday and the waiter kindly accepted I serve my homemade birthday pie to my guests. I greatly appreciated it. The waiter and busboy were both very polite, helpful and discreet. I will go back.Special Features: