Verdun, QC H4G1Y2Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantsu.com/
- Phone: 5143621818x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 10:30 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Fisun Ercan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining
- Cross Street: Avenue Desmarchais
- Public Transit: Restaurant Su is 7 minutes walking distance from Metro De L'eglise on green line. You can also take bus 58 or 61 (west bound) if you prefer not to walk after metro station.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Paid and free street parking is widely available around our restaurant.
A word from Restaurant Su
Here at Restaurant Su, we combine the best of our native cuisine to create a menu rich in tradition while adding a creative twist. Our creative dishes are delicately prepared with the freshest ingredients to ensure an enjoyable experience for all. Specialties include Turkish paté, beef, chicken, lamb, Seafood and more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Restaurant Su - Best Restaurants in Verdun ›
Restaurant Su reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (28)special occasion (19)notable wine list (14)romantic (13)good for groups (7)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Turkish gem in MontrealCanadrianDined on 8/29/2014The lamb is very refined and the khadaif is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant in VerdunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Delightful knowledgable waiter.Great tasting Turkish cuisine presented beautifully and creatively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicieux et souvenirs mémorablesRichardDonaldDined on 8/23/2014Nous avons réservé via OpenTable et notre réservation a bien été faite et lorsque nous sommes arrivés, notre table nous attendait. Dès notre arrivée, nous avons été reçu chaleureusement par l'équipe. Lorsque nous consultions le menu, un employé est venu à notre table pour savoir si nous avions des questions, nous donner quelques explications sur le menu et nous parler du poisson du jour. Nous avons pris un vin blanc turc qui était tout à fait adapter à ce que nous mangions. Tous les quatre, avons été très satisfait de la bouffe et le prix a été correct. Merci au Restaurant Su pour l'accueil, la bouffe et l'ambiance et à OpenTable pour la réservation facile et très efficace.Special Features:
- Love this place!MARYDined on 8/22/2014Great food, great service. Have the surprise meze for 2 or 4. The best part of the meal. great stuffed eggplant or lamb meatballs or the fish of the day. EnjoySpecial Features:
- better than what I had in turkey!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Meza was delightful! The best part of the meal for me. Exceptional all around. Superb calamari...everything was delicatey spiced, beautifully presented Eggplant tastey - I would have liked a bit more spice. and more eggplant in the dish... Tthats all I had that night but I do plan to return!Special Features:
- Gourmet ethnicAlanDined on 7/23/2014A different kind of ethnic restaurant. Kabobs with a pedigree. Truly excellent food served graciously and with style. Great mezzi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real pleasure !PocusDined on 7/4/2014This is the best restaurant in Verdun ! The food is fresh and very tasty. The vegetarian plates are great. The restaurant offers a very good list of wine from Turkey. The service is friendly and polite. A place to go !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MargDined on 7/1/2014seats especially the banquet most uncomfortable (unacceptable in this upscale restaurant. Had to step over piles of garbage (Awaiting arrival of garbage truck) again unacceptable. Menu could do with a few new additions. Mezzes the best part. All food delicious and beautifully presentedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014Wonderful food,great service definite neighbourhood gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014Overall food was good however we found the portions a bit small for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsbilleeboyDined on 5/31/2014Based on reviews and recommendations of friends, my expectations of Su were very high. Su exceeded my expectations in both food and service!Special Features:
- Great place!MARYDined on 5/30/2014Service was excellent! Thank-you to Martin! Will also try their new restaurant very soon.Special Features:
- Always goodRosineDined on 5/23/2014We've been there so many times now. This restaurant is getting better because the staff has more experience and the food is of high quality.Special Features:
- Tastebuds !4friendsDined on 5/16/2014This night out of 4 was an ethnic experience for our tastebuds! All the dishes served from the «mezze» (entrée): topinambour, aubergine, red peppers and 2 rolls with the mains dishes of carré d'agneau and aphrodisiac chicken were extremely tasteful ! Every dish combined different spices to create a scrumptious effect on our tastebuds! One of the desert «seneke» was sweeter but the «saksuska»crème with dark chocolate was smooth and mellow !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and servicemammarocksVIPDined on 5/10/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. The server was so terrific! I wish I knew his name to give him kudos. the pasta with beef/yogurt was terrific, quite rich though but I loved it. my husband and friend had the shank which was done to perfection. When we go back I think I will order just the appetizers which were amazing. Eggplant, calamari (perfection) vine leaves (GREAT)Special Features:
- IssayDined on 5/9/2014C'est une excellente soirée que nous avons passée chez Su! Le menu découverte nous aura permis un tour agréable des saveurs disponibles en plus d'apprécier un petit vin turc intéressant. Nourriture savoureuse, service connaissant, sympathique et convivial, on y retourne entre amis, ça commence bien le weekend!Special Features:
- The following 191 reviews are from the Restaurant Su reviews archive.
- Run, don't walk to Su! Really greatamylouDined on 5/3/2014This restaurant was amazing. The food was fabulous, exotic and TASTY not weird! The service was actually perfect. Courteous, quick without being rushed. Very professional. But the food was really worth trying. We will definitely go back and it's not that often that we can say that!Special Features:
- What a lovely restaurantOpheliaDined on 5/3/2014I had heard of this restaurant over a year ago from a friend who highly recommended it. I am very happy that I was finally able to get reservations. It is a very simple and delightful restaurant. The service was excellent and the food exceptional. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- À essayer sans hésiterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014Menu dégustation permet de goûter à la nourriture turque dans toute sa splendeur. Service excellent avec le sourire en complément.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Portion trop petite pour le prix et je préfère le menu d`il y a 3 ans.
- expensive but worth itfoodieDined on 4/26/2014We had the five course mezze which was delicious and very filling included a chicken dish and a leg of lamb- dish and an assortment of mouth watering mezze-found a reasonably priced bottle of Turkish wine but the meal overall was very expensive.Next time we will order from the table d'hote.The servers were very knowledgeable and very attentive.Noise level in restaurant was very high.(This was a Saturday evening ) I would highly recommend this restaurant to any foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KayseriOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Reminded me of my trip to Istanbul and Anatolia. Great Manti!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un très bon restoYolandeDined on 4/26/2014Très belle expérience: un dîner chez Su, la nourriture et le service étaient superbes. Le seul hic, un samedi soir il y avait plusieurs groupes, alors bruyant, j'y retournerai plus tôt en semaine, car c'est un endroit qui vaut la peine de fréquenter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- appreciationfood4thesoulDined on 4/26/2014Delicious food imaginative plating and above all courteous polished and informed serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place, the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2014A great place, the food was fantastic! Very tasty! You feel stuffed when you leave! Very friendly waiter! Nice ambiance too! We will definetly go back and will recommend it to other people:))))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superbe, comme toujoursMarjoDined on 4/2/2014Cela fait quelques fois que je retourne chez Su, et c'est toujours le restaurant auquel je pense lorsque j'ai une soirée entre amis et que je veux épater la galerie. L'excellence, la diversité et l'originalité des plats y est toujours au rendez-vous, de l'entrée de calmars jusqu'au dessert de loukoums fins et exquis. Le service est toujours courtois et très professionnel. Je recommande chaleureusement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, too little meaSergeDined on 3/29/2014The mixed mezzes for 4 was great, different tastes, plenty of bread, but 3 out of 4 people took the lamb chops, two tiny chops, 4 bites and it was gone, but very moist, tasty, delicious lamb, with pistachio crust. And too much bulgur as a side, we were left on our appetite, wanting more protein! Dessert of kenefe and it was crunchy, cheesy and not too sweet! I recommend Sü to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Verdun.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Very good service, great food, good atmoshere. The serving staff was wonderful. Looking forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belle découverteamoureuxderiponVIPDined on 3/21/2014Ce restaurant offre un décor sobre et typique d'un restaurant de quartier. Cependant, la fine cuisine qui y est servie est d'un raffinement digne d'une grande table ! Le menu dégustation permet de goûter pleinement les saveurs de la cuisine turque. Excellent. Le service était tout aussi excellent. on nous explique ce que l'on mange de belle façon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well executed and delicious!!!SD33Dined on 3/19/2014This is a restaurant that I would definitely recommend for great food that is well prepared and presented! The prices were higher than I was used to but definitely worth it!! The ambiance was nice and the service was good. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good turkish food. Flavorful,GourmandeDined on 3/18/2014Very good turkish food. Flavorful, not too big plates, leaves room for a bit apetizer and desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not goodrefeeDined on 3/7/2014The food is way to expensive for the quality you provide. Your dishes are not Turkish, but Turkish inspired. I will not recommend this restaurant. My boyfriend is Turkish we came together he was even more dissapointed.Special Features:
- Great for vegetarians andGendinesoutDined on 3/1/2014Great for vegetarians and meat lovers, be prepared to enjoy the aromas of so many spices and to have your taste buds dance! I've been there many times and have introduced this restaurant to many friends to rave reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Très belle découverte !EricDined on 2/21/2014Personnel courtois et sympathique. Nourriture savoureuse, moderne et bien présentée. Décoration simple et élégante. Cellier avec belle variété de vins, certains d'importation privée. Ambiance détendue, mais un peu bruyant lorsque rempli à capacité (~70 pers). Ma fille devait essayer de nouveaux mets internationnaux dans le cadre de ses études en civilisations. Nous avons donc essayé pour la première fois un menu Turc et ce restaurant a été recommandé par des collègues montréalais de cette communauté. Excellent choix ! Sommes allés un vendredi soir pendant 2 heures. Très belle soirée.Special Features:
- Very slow - very poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014It's a case where the service is so bad you cant enjoy the food. After 2 1/2 hours i asked for my meal to go. Also had the waiter argue with me, the first time he actually took an interest in us all night.
- Awsome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014A must go in verdun, it's a really nice place, the food is awsome, there is a tasting menu, where you get Mezes and 4 other plate (choix du chef) and a coffee for 65$. for an other 40$ you get 5 glass of wine that match de plate your getting. go there on a date, with friends, familly, for any occasions. it's a must!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine world cuisinelachine123Dined on 2/14/2014This restaurant is simply amazing. The food tastes awesome and its very healthy overall (lots of vegetables). They also have a nice selection of privately imported wines from Turkey. The service is also impeccable and the waiters are all very polite and they take time to explain the menu and answer your questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Très bon restaurant!GravityDined on 2/14/2014Nous y sommes allés le soir de la St-Valentin, pour se remémorer notre voyage en Turquie un an auparavant. Nous n'avons pas été déçus, les saveurs des plats que nous avons choisis nous ramenaient directement à ces beaux moments. C'était notre première visite et certainement pas la dernière !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dining..The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2014excellent dining..The food is unique and the rack of lamb was amazing.. The mezes are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantProvosmoDined on 1/31/2014Nous allons régulièrement chez Su. La qualité et les goûts divins sont toujours au rendez-vous.Special Features: