Restaurant Soleil - Westin Palo Alto
675 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94301Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Restaurant Soleil - Westin Palo Alto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.phmhotels.com/westinpa.html
- Phone: 650-321-4422
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday- Saturday: 6:00am - 10:30am Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:30pm Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Californian
- Executive Chef: Pierre Arce
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Westin Palo Alto provides an ideal location & setting for business conferences, corporate events, reunions, bar/bat mitzvahs or any special event. Our in-house AV staff can assist you with all your audio visual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Private Event Coordinator 6503214422
- Cross Street: University Avenue
- Public Transit: Adjacent to Cal Train Palo Alto Station and the Marguerite Stanford Shuttle.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Valet parking and self parking available, both complimentary with validation when dining in Restaurant Soleil or using the Luna Lounge facilities.
A word from Restaurant Soleil - Westin Palo Alto
Located on the second floor of the Westin Palo Alto Hotel, Restaurant Soleil welcomes you to enjoy fresh seafood, steak, salads & pastas. Our daily Breakfast Buffet & a la carte menu makes Restaurant Soleil the place to start your day for a quick meeting with colleagues or leisurely breakfast with family & friends. Our Sunday Brunch, Special Holiday Buffets and Prix Fixe menus have been drawing people from all over the Bay for more than 10 years. This best kept secret in Palo Alto has a charming, warm atmosphere, & serves up a new, innovative menu item daily. The added convenience of complimentary valet & self parking, makes Restaurant Soleil a must try.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Restaurant Soleil - Westin Palo Alto - Best Restaurants in Palo Alto ›
Restaurant Soleil - Westin Palo Alto reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (7)good for groups (7)special occasion (6)great for lunch (5)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Lovely BrunchDateNightVIPDined on 8/3/2014Restaurant Soleil in the Westin Palo Alto hotel serves a lovely Sunday brunch. Complete with made to order omelets, a carving station with beef and turkey, sushi, and even a chocolate fountain, this meal has something for everyone. They also serve the usual brunch fare of meats, pancakes, french toast, and salads.Special Features:
- AndThenVIPDined on 6/30/2014The food and service are outstanding. The atmosphere is quiet and intimate.Special Features:
- elegantfoodie324VIPDined on 6/29/2014Love the brunch. Service is fantastic. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Father's Day BrunchNinjaFoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2014This is a nice place for a group gathering. Nothing over the top, but definitely better than average. It was crowded on Father's Day (as expected), but not crazy. The kids loved the chocolate dessert fountain. Too bad they ran out of Macarons early. This is a great place to bring growing boys since there is a lot of meat like ribs, prime rib, etc.Special Features:
- peirVIPDined on 6/15/2014We have only dined there for brunch so cannot comment on other aspects. We were there on Father's Day, and Stanford's graduation, so the place was really busy, but our service was consistently good, as always, and the food memorable. They give a senior discount, which is also nice.Special Features:
- gandjDined on 6/14/2014The decor was lovely and anyone over the age of twenty will appreciate the quiet atmosphere. The food was excellent and the service perfect. We will go again and invite friends to join us.Special Features:
- Good food. good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2014Not recommended if you have active kids. But if your children are oddly quiet and well- behaved, this is a great place to go for brunch. Staff is friendly and tentative, but the atmosphere is a tad on the stiff side.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchDINEOUTDIVADined on 5/11/2014This was our first time at the Restaurant Soleil. We treated our 90 year old aunt to the wonderful Mother's Day Brunch. The food was FABULOUS! A lot of variety, artistically displayed and plenty of it! The service was 5 star. From the complimentary valet parking, red roses presented to all mothers, helpfulness of the staff and very nice seating for us, including my aunt who was in a wheelchair. The spacing of the buffet set up was spacious, allowing me to wheel my aunt through the set up without any difficulty, giving her more of a sense of independence, being able to select her choice of food was a real treat! We will definitely return and recommend the restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 5/11/2014I didnt find this place very good at all. The table was a make shift one right where everyone passes by. It had a bar on each side so you had to sit sideways. very uncomfortable. I would not go back.Special Features:
- Nice Mother's Day BrunchMdayratingDined on 5/11/2014Very efficient and pleasant seating experience. Good food selection and variety. Most enjoyable.Special Features:
- The following 103 reviews are from the Restaurant Soleil - Westin Palo Alto reviews archive.
- NickVIPDined on 4/20/2014Easter Brunch. I was impressed by the service and attention to detail. The food was very solid, especially for a buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunchmgp1VIPDined on 4/20/2014Service to arrange for Easter Brunch was outstanding. What a team to seat us all! The food was delicious and the staff attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service,AndThenVIPDined on 4/2/2014Great food, great service, and quiet enough to enjoy conversation.Special Features:
- Gourmet DiningPescatarianVIPDined on 3/27/2014Wonderful food and service in a comfortable setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great breakfastfoodie324VIPDined on 3/2/2014fantastic service. Wonderful breakfast served very elegantly.Special Features:
- First time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Found it on Open Table, made reservations and arrived early but was seated, initially wanted another table and took the hostess a few minutes to figure it out, but from that point forward it was an excellent experience. The waiter from the Philippines, (sorry didn't get his name) was wonderful and attentive, food was excellent, a little pricing, ($141.00 for two) and included a bottle of wine, appetizers and desert. It was Valentines Day and lots of other couples there for a special night.Special Features:
- Fine for dinner if staying st hotelLynndrVIPDined on 2/14/2014Just ok for dinner. No bad, not great. Ok if you don't want to venture out. Very hotellish with big buffet dishes ready for morning brunch buffet.
- Good brunchTommyDined on 1/5/2014We were looking for a full brunch and found it at Restaurant Soleil. We had a broad range of choices and the service was great. We even got a senior discount, which made the price even more reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bruch is good!SweetheartDined on 11/28/2013We had a great time on Thanksgiving. Brunch is not bad, service is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Thanksgiving brunch!DomerDined on 11/28/2013Fantastic Thanksgiving brunch! Had all the traditional items like turkey, stuffing, prime rib and vegetables. Prime rib was perfectly cooked and the ajus heavenly. Turkey was very moist and flavorful with the gravy being a real showstopper. Nice selection of deserts with chocolate fountain leading the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good serviceLiketoeatatGatherVIPDined on 11/1/2013Good food and good service in a quiet atmosphere. Hard to find nowadays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite lunch/brunch spotAndThenVIPDined on 10/24/2013We all had turkey club sandwiches. One French fries, one sweet potato fries and two had fruit. I asked for my bacon to be almost burned and it was cooked to order. I am hearing impaired and I was given a special quiet table and I was able to hear. The service was exception. Embarrasssingly, I was distracted and under tipped. I mailed a check to Alberto and apologized.Special Features:
- This is the best Sunday brunchJaneVIPDined on 8/25/2013This is the best Sunday brunch going! It is the perfect place to celebrate a birthday or other special occasion. The food is top-of-the-line, and the selection is large, ranging from seafood, to sushi, to eggs, to roast beef, to vegetables, to crepes, to cheeses, to desserts. The service is friendly and generally attentive, although sometimes a bit short staffed. The senior price for the brunch is simply amazing, and I wonder how the restaurant can turn a profit. This past visit, I even had a couple glasses of champagne, which were included in the price of the senior brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soleil has become our absoluteJaneVIPDined on 7/28/2013Soleil has become our absolute favorite place for Sunday brunch birthday celebrations! The food offerings are first rate, the service is first rate, and the price is very, very reasonable. The dining room is quiet and tastefully decorated. What more could anyone want in a restaurant?? Thumbs up for Soleil!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The hamburgers were delicious,AndThenVIPDined on 7/6/2013The hamburgers were delicious, but a little overdone. The coleslaw is unusually good and the sweet potato fries are outstanding. The service is truly outstanding.Special Features:
- The Staff were very friendlyMaryDined on 6/16/2013The Staff were very friendly and very professional. We had the Sunday buffet brunch which was excellent Great for a special treat !!Special Features:
- Special-occasion BrunchAngelDined on 5/12/2013This is our third year coming for Mother's Day Brunch; and we all noticed everything was even better this year! The atmosphere is lovely and comfortable. The food is fresh, delicious with a wide variety from bagels, to sushi and awesome desserts including a chocolate fountain! Service was impeccable. We're coming back next year!Special Features:
- Great brunch!ksp1Dined on 5/12/2013Went for Mother's Day and had a great meal. A bit pricey, but they had a lot of options and most were great. We look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Brunch ..... B-OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Took my family (4) to celebrate Mother's Day for my wife. Got there a little early (15 min.) and had to wait 15 min. (which was fine). When we got to our table, the table was a small fold out table with a white clothe drape over it . Had to sit with my leg far apart because I was at the end of the table where the fold out legs were. Small vase with a small flowers were place in the center of this small table and my wife and I had to get up / scoot in more (while eating) when others where either coming in to leaving their tables. Ambience was a meeting room with no view (SAD). Food was very good but not excellent. For $300.00 (tax and tip inc.) and also tipping for your free valet service (no street parking), more options available !Special Features:
- Not your average brunchPanebVIPDined on 4/28/2013We went for Sunday brunch, which is a nice spread of assorted items from fruits and cheeses to salmon and cream cheese and even dim sum. Hot items include made to order waffles, pancakes, omelets and carved roast beef. The usual sausages and scrambled eggs are also available. Nice selection of pastries, desserts and a chocolate fountain to dip items.Special Features:
- The food is excellent as isAndThenVIPDined on 4/24/2013The food is excellent as is the service. It is quiet for lunch and breakfast. Haven't been there for dinner.Special Features:
- We have never been to RestaurantAndThenVIPDined on 4/17/2013We have never been to Restaurant Soleil for dinner, but many times for breakfast, brunch and lunch. The food is always good and the service outstanding. It is quiet which is important to me.Special Features:
- If you like everything dryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/24/2013If you like everything dry and under- or overcooked, and like to waste your money then this is the buffet for you. On the plus side, the staff is courteous, attentive when you can get their attention (re-filling our coffee and OJ was a major challenge). Bread was surprising stale or overly doughy. Salads were a bit withered. For the hot dishes, nothing was marked, so hard to guess what's under those coagulated "sauces". Bacon was rubbery. Sauage was cold. Potatoes were ok, but uninspired. The big disappointment was the so-called bone-dry prime-rib - no wonder there's so much demi-glaze! This is the first time I've left a buffet hungry, because I couldn't find anything I wanted to eat. BIG waste of money. We won't return.
- Four of us were up visitingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Four of us were up visiting family. All other restaurants had a long wait time or unavailable at our requested hour. Food, service, staff were wonderful. We had a great time. They serve a garlic butter that comes with fresh baked bread that is so good. I even got the recipe! Would recommend this restaurant! Enjoy!Special Features:
- We came for brunch to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2013We came for brunch to celebrate a special birthday, and the venue could not have been better. The dining room was large and well-lit with natural light from large windows, which put all in a good mood right away. There were a fair number of patrons, but the room was not noisy, so we could eat and chat and not strain to hear. The staff was always prompt and attentive but never intrusive. We were welcomed and made to feel special from beginning to end. One of the waiters even offered to take a group photo with our camera when he saw that we were recording the event for posterity. There was an impressive array of food offered, and quality was excellent overall. We'll be back.Special Features:
- A quiet delightful place toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2013A quiet delightful place to always have a pleasant dinner. Presentation exceptional on the plate. A menu selection to please most appetites. Surprised by an addition to an already varied and elegant appetizer list of fondue of French cheeses for two for $11.00, $16.00 for four persons. May stop in soon just to pig-out on the fondue. Tastefully furnished.Special Features:
- Restaurant Soleil is an excellentAndThenVIPDined on 1/26/2013Restaurant Soleil is an excellent place for hearing impaired folks to go. It is so quiet and one can really enjoy hearing. The food was outstanding, service attentive, and it was quiet. We ended up staying for 4 hours. No complaints. We did leave an extra $10 tip when we left. Our guests are visiting from Hawaii and it was great to be able to visit with them.Special Features:
- A nice breakfast buffet, thecjm1VIPDined on 1/1/2013A nice breakfast buffet, the staff were very nice, welcoming and the service was great.
- Normally I dine at the counterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/10/2012Normally I dine at the counter and enjoy chatting with the kitchen staff while they are cooking. During this visit, I hosted a group dinner and the service was fantastic. Everything on the menu is good and my guests were impressed.
- Thanksgiving Buffet was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/22/2012Thanksgiving Buffet was great! Offerings included items for vegetarians, folks who were going gluten-free, and meat and potato types. Those in our group who wanted traditional Thanksgiving fare were also happy!Special Features: