9625 E Arapahoe Road
Greenwood Village, CO 80112Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.samuraidenver.com/
- Phone: 3037999991
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Shabu-shabu, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call for details (303) 799-9991, speak with Dana.
- Private Party Facilities: 2 Japanese style Tea Rooms to chose from. Traditional style remove shoes and sit on floor 1 Private room ** All rooms require a $10 charge per room to use. ** These rooms are strictly 1st come 1st served as they book quickly.
- Private Party Contact: Dana 3037999991
A word from Restaurant Samurai
Samurai is nestled in the heart of the DTC area and has been proudly serving the Denver Metro area for over 30 years. We feature an amazing All You Can Eat Sushi and Japanese Cuisine menu at an affordable price. We also have happy hour drinks every night of the week. We have three Tatami (Japanese Tea Rooms) for your private party of special occasion. If you’re in the mood for Tabletop cooking look no further, we are the only one in the Denver area that offers Shabu Shabu and Sukiyaki. If you’re looking for something besides sushi, we do have a great Cowboy cut steak and grilled fish prepared via our oak wood-fired grill. So run, don’t walk!…for one of Colorado’s best sushi deals, period.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Restaurant Samurai reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great Sushi, Steak & ServiceJamesVIPDined on 6/21/2014Great Sushi, Steak & Service + draft Sapporo that is so ice-cold!Special Features:
- GoodSushiDined on 6/18/2014Samurai is our go-to sushi restaurant. They are always consistent, have good pricing, and we love going there all the time. We like Samurai so much when our second child was born and going out to dinner just wasn't fun (kids suck at restaurants. :))we would go pick up Samurai to eat at home. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just your standard rolls....pattibDined on 5/2/2014Husband and I love sushi and one reason Samurai stands out is they not only have the standard/fresh rolls, but add unique new rolls such as the Curious George roll - OMG - you must try it. It has a fried banana as one of its ingredients! Who would have thought that having that sweetness and texture mixed with the savoriness would create such an awesome roll! Please keep this on the menu. Again, that is one of the reasons it makes this restaurant stand out in that they offer such different/diverse rolls. We will be back again!Special Features:
- Excellent quality fish, great priceColorado2MauiDined on 5/2/2014We have eaten at Samurai many times and we always really enjoy it. The quality of the fish is excellent. Much better than their prices would suggest. I feel like they should charge more but hey I won't complain about a great deal! Every time we are there for dinner they do get busy and the service can be slow at times. But the servers are all very nice, competent, and the ambiance of the restaurant is great. Love it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 18 reviews are from the Restaurant Samurai reviews archive.
- Consistently good food & serviceLTR72012Dined on 4/20/2014This is our go-to spot for sushi, and my non-sushi spouse loves their garlic rib eye steak. We eat here on a regular enough basis that the wait person knows my husband's order. They also bring us complimentary tasters to try. Never had a bad or disappointing meal here, and the sushi is always fresh. We've been customers for several years and my only complaint about the restaurant is that they really need to upgrade the booth seating. I hate to sink so low that the table is at an uncomfortable height, and I'm fairly tall.Special Features:
- Long Standing Reputation-QualityjhockDined on 4/17/2014I was introduced to Samauri shortly after returning from a trip to Japan. The food here is exactly the high quality and selection of what was served in the actual country. Very impressive! A wide variety of fresh menu items, well beyond sushi. Excellent Happy Hour drink pricing and value for bento box dinners/meals. Service is typically very attentive, yet may need to be paced at times, as salad and soup may be served within minutes of each other.Special Features:
- Needs RefurbishingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014This restaurant used to be a Neighborhood Gem but it's in real need of remodeling. Food continues to be very good as is the service. The vinyl booth seat I was in was falling apart and the seat was broken.
- Gross food!MwahDined on 3/21/2014yuck-low quality food-dont think I'm going back! Waitstaff acts like they dont care....poor quality old food-
- Looking forward to a second visit!tomreviewDined on 2/23/2014We were greeted with a welcome and inviting attitude. Our waitress was especially helpful in making recommendations based on our desires rather than trying to up sell the food and drinks, The quality of our meal was great, We really enjoyed the pleasant ambiance of the employees who were extremely friendly and helpful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Roll!pattibDined on 2/9/2014Had dinner at the Samurai Sunday and dinner was spot on delicious! My favorite Volcano Roll was the high light. I've been to MANY other sushi restaurants all over the US as I travel OFTEN for my job but this roll has not been replicated. Try it - you will LOVE IT!Special Features:
- Good food, close to homeMwahDined on 2/7/2014The manager was NOT friendly at all when we walked in And has been a little rude before. She didn't smile or say hello... Everyone is really disorganized and service is just ok. We go here because its close to our house, but I think they can improve their friendliness(management) and service.
- coolCandyDined on 1/7/2014The tea room was very cool and private, very enjoyableSpecial Features:
- Birthday let downJRV14Dined on 1/5/2014To start with there was no heat & it was 3 outside, no one mentioned this. This could have easily been looked over, if the service had been even decent, which it wasn't. Our waitress had a table of friends who clearly took propriety over the other customers. Lucky for us, we got to hear her discuss her recent vacation etc, while we waited for any service. From the missing & forgotten drinks, not getting our food, the entire experience left much to be desired. 2.5 hrs later the restaurant picked up (60% full) & our waitress completely forgot about us. When I expressed my concern to the manager, he said they were very busy. Busy restaurant shouldn't equal bad service. Regardless I got no apology, just the excuse that they were busy.
- Shabu Shabu was Excellentrach8789Dined on 12/14/2013I've been looking for a place that serves great shabu shabu, and finally tried Samurai out! It was very authentic and well done. I loved the cast iron that they cooked everything in. I really enjoyed getting to have our whole table eat together and enjoy the fantastic food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyMichaelDined on 11/26/2013All you can eat sushi. Awesome!!!! Good Service, Great AtmosphereSpecial Features:
- Okay for Sushi, but Forget the RestRandyVIPDined on 11/9/2013We heard about this restaurant and decided to give it a try. I can eat Sushi, but my wife can't so I ordered some Sushi. It was well prepared and tasty enough. However, I could not taste any coconut in the Thai Coconut Soup I ordered. It was a disappointment. My wife ordered a 2-item Bento Box with Chicken Teriyaki and Vegetable Tempura. The salad and Miso Soup were okay, but the Chicken Teriyaki was not glazed with Teriyaki sauce. It was just pieces of chicken with Teriyaki sauce poured over it. As for the Vegetable Tempura, there was too much zucchini. She was not impressed. The place was hopping so it must have been because of the Sushi, which is what I would recommend. Don't bother with the other items on the menu.
- Always very good!RTFFDined on 10/24/2013Good sushi - get the All-you-can-eat It is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodBKea9Dined on 10/21/2013Great food, service was average. The atmosphere is very nice but the music is a little loud and modern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great space, food okay4sandyoDined on 10/12/2013Loved atmosphere, tea room was very nice. For the price, the was just okay not the greatest, service was average. For thee extra cost of a private room, expected a little better service.
- All you can eat sushi!?Miki882Dined on 10/11/2013Fantastic food and service, great selections, helpful staff, and great price! Delicious!!Special Features:
- Great food, great prices!MwahDined on 10/9/2013Jennifer did a great job. She was very friendly And informed us what to order. 26 for all you can eat sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicedbronco93Dined on 10/4/2013Service was fair at best. We had to get our waitress's attention several times. Maybe she was new as service in the past has been good to excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.