777 Bienville St
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://revolutionnola.com/
- Phone: (504) 553-2277
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 6:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Saturday Lunch Bar Service only starting at 11:30 a.m.
Monday - Thursday 5:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday - Saturday 5:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Sunday 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun, Creole
- Executive Chef: John Folse and Rick Tramonto
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Five dining rooms within the restaurant can be privatized to accommodate groups from 6 to 30. Larger groups can be accommodated in the adjoining Fleur de Lis Suite to include custom designed R'evolution menus for groups up to 160.
A word from Restaurant R'evolution
Serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner daily and Sunday Brunch, Restaurant R’evolution is the first joint venture of award-winning chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto, offering modern,imaginative reinterpretations of classic Cajun and Creole cuisine. Steeped in the diverse historic and cultural influences of Louisiana, the menu features not only the chefs’ interpretations of New Orleans classics such as gumbo, po’ boys, and beignets, but also new creations highlighting ingredients from what Chef Folse refers to as “the swamp floor pantry.” Tableside service components play an important role in the dining experience, promoting guest engagement about the history and evolution of the food they are enjoying.Soups such as Creole Louisiana Snapping Turtle Soup and Death by Gumbo play on unusual presentations of these traditional dishes that date back centuries. Desserts showcase classical New Orleans sweets done in a new and contemporary way.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Restaurant R'evolution - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Restaurant R'evolution reviews from OpenTable diners
368 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (298)fit for foodies (256)notable wine list (223)romantic (204)good for groups (90)hot spot (86)neighborhood gem (64)vibrant bar scene (54)great for brunch (51)great for lunch (34)scenic view (15)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/17/2014I will definitely return to Restaurant R'evolution when visit NO next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was a nice place with good food. Very comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014I have nothing bad to say. The staff was pleasant and funny. The girl hostess could have spoke a little more but she wasn't unpleasant. I will come back and eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All-around great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Everything at R'evolution was perfect from start to finish. The atmosphere, service and food are beyond excellent. Probably one of the best restaurants in the citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2014Not just a meal it was a dining experience. This was our third time and equally impressed with all three visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alejandra Sanchez and Molly Wismeier - true pros!RandyNolaDined on 11/14/2014Molly as Sommelier and Alejandra as waitress teamed up with delightful service for my birthday lunch. Many thanks to both. Regards, RandySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/13/2014Best new restaurant in New Orleans! Must have the Death by Gumbo and Turtle soup! The pricey wine list may have you sticking to cocktails instead, but the cuisine will bring you back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, service good but ...DaleDined on 11/11/2014We had the tasting menu. It was excellent food and the wine pairings were well thought out and presented. We had a drink at the bar before the meal; Chris the bartender was knowledgable and professional. The maître d' was welcoming. Our table was very nice and the restaurant was quite empty. The wait staff were good but seemed a bit surly, perhaps they were tired at the end of the day. Not a particularly happy bunch when the restaurant was mostly empty. Overall, it was a great meal and we will recommend it.Special Features:
- Fine diningBaccusDined on 11/11/2014Our expectations were high but were totally exceeded. The best Bouillabase ,we both agreed, we ever had.The Gumbo was a close second! Loved it. Excuse the French spelling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back SeatEventsonthegoVIPDined on 11/10/2014Despite the fact I reserved nearly two months in advance, I did not get the long table in the kitchen area. However, dinner was fabulous. Service fell off a bit as the night wore on and they charged $2 for extra toast points for my Steak Tartare. Got a chance to see the "Expediter" finish off every plate. Also got a chance to see him rub his nostrils with thumb and forefinger and run his hand through his beard constantly. Tried to ignore it but found myself looking for little reddish hairs in my food. All in all, Rick, It was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- snptssnptsDined on 11/9/2014The room was pleasant. Nice for morning. Service a little slower than it needed to be, then rushed too much at the end. (Guess one can never be satisfied.) We would return.Special Features:
- Exceptional!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Exceptional service.... exceptional food.... a true dining experience!!!Special Features:
- Amazing spot!kbinnycVIPDined on 11/7/2014Great spot for dinner in New Orleans. Impeccable service and the dishes were amazing. Highlights were the crab beignets and the quail three ways. Really great spot! Make note of which room you wish to be seated in. The center room is white table cloth, the others seemed a little less formal. The table/bar looking into kitchen looked like a good spot too. Nice lively bar and in the perfect FQ location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been an off dayDisappointedDined on 11/7/2014We went in at 1:30 for a late lunch with high expectations. The appetizers, Naked Shrimp and wedge salad, were great but it took almost an hour for our entrees to arrive with little attention from the wait staff. My fiancee's dinner, shrimp and grits, was simply outstanding, but my dish (the daily special) stuffed Fried Chicken Breast with Braised Greens and Jalapeño Baked Beans, was room temp at best & the fried chicken's crust was over done and the chicken was dry and tasteless - like eating a piece of jerky. But they did make it right by taking it off our bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!JnetDined on 11/6/2014Nola has great restaurants and this one is one of the best. This was a girls trip and my friends are all foodies. They loved it! Great service, a beautiful restaurant oh yeah and the food was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- feedbackOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014We booked our table while in Canada before we flew to New Orleans. We'd seen it online and thought it would be the perfect spot to celebrate my Wife's birthday.The layout was confusing. You have to pass through the bar to the get to the booking station. You then taken back through the bar to the other section which is the restaurant. We were sat right next to the doors where food is also passed to the bar area. It wasn't the best ambient environment. The lighting was very high and it was quite noisy. The food was mediocre as was the choice of wine. The service staff, however, were very good and very attentive.
- Perfect NOLA atmosphereNikkiDined on 11/5/2014The food was fantastic, service was excellent, wonderful New Orleans atmosphere. Blows Commander's Palace out of the water, in my humble opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJohninMandevilleDined on 11/5/2014Can't wait to return and try other items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A big disappointmentDeedeeDined on 11/4/2014This restaurant came highly recommended . We invited another couple to have lunch there. We ordered lunch and proceeded to wait 40 minutes. The restaurant was not crowded and the waitress never even stopped by the table. She recommended the grilled cheese and crab sandwich and when it finally came it was terrible. There was barely any cheese in it and the crabmeat was tasteless. The service was very poor and the waitress overcharged us for the wine. She never apologized and was extremely pretentious . I am sorry to say I was embarrassed to have brought guests and will not recommend it ever again.
- glad we wentkellimetalDined on 11/3/2014i love hitting different restaurants from cheap to pricey when I travel just to get a taste for the local food. This one was definitely pricey though, funny enough, I found Antonie's to be a much better experience and will continue to go to that restaurant while I have no plans to return to R'evolution. Antonie's may not look as fancy but the service was far better & when we go out and drop serious $$$$ on a meal I expect fantastic service. While the staff here was VERY friendly we had to ask for silverware once our food was served and I had to remind one of our three waiters that I never got my wine. Just seems funny that you have three people helping you yet no silverware and have to remind about a drink when the restaurant is dead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely return when in NOLABurgundyGirlDined on 11/3/2014Service was friendly and very attentive, without being overly formal. At the suggestion of our head waiter, we chose to split courses between the two of us, instead of the four course tasting menu. Six shared dishes were more than enough food for us and was a better value than the tasting menu. Food was outstanding and on par with some of the best restaurants in the country (as expected based on the chef/owners' reputations). If you love quail, this is restaurant for you! If you're not a big dessert person, I recommend skipping it. I will definitely return when in New Orleans again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must in NOLADeschDined on 11/3/2014This restaurant is awesome and a must when going to New OrleansSpecial Features:
- meawDined on 11/2/2014Appetizers were very inventive and good. Wine list good and service very attentive but not intrusive. Nice restaurant. Huge menu with choices that would interest everyone.
- Vsross11Dined on 11/2/2014This was one of two outstanding meals we ate while in New Orleans for a Birthday weekend . . . wish this was the actual birthday meal! Both appetizers and both entrees were wonderful. Same for dessert. Service was attentive and knowledgeable. The room we dined in was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for an occasionlbairnDined on 11/2/2014Been quite a few times, and it's consistently excellent. It's not a 5-star New Orleans restaurant, but close. Here are a few admittedly picky issues. The wine list and the cellar are incredible...the sommelier has done quite a job. However, the wines are mostly French, and even the ones from other countries are made in the appropriate French styles. Some diversity would be nice. Wines by the glass are quite good, but expensive. The restaurant really should stick with the things that they do well, like the original short ribs braised in root beer...meats and terrines are consistent favorites. Some of the "variations on a theme" are good, just not great: Foie gras cheese cake, risotto, for example. Incredibly good service.Special Features:
- OutstandingrgbergDined on 11/2/2014Great food and great service. It is pricey, but it's worth it.Special Features:
- server problemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2014we had two servers and one was horrible.. we had to ask for water and butter, the basics at an upscale restaurant. But the biggest problem was the slow bar service. The bar drinks came after about 15 minutes. Not at a place like this! So wrong. The live music was very nice.Special Features:
- LA Bucket ListOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2014Main course was a little cooler than I like, but the sides were fine. Presentation was lovely and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Revolution is what fine dining is all about. Attention to detail in every facet. Good whiskey. Great food. Eclectic wine list. Professional service. Attention to detail. Go.....you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kathVIPDined on 10/31/2014The Hoisin Glazed "Visiting Fish", Grilled Cobia Piperade and Goat Cheese Tortelli were all excellent as was the service. Definitely worth a visit if you're in New Orleans!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryDined on 10/31/2014This was one of the most amazing restaurant experiences we have ever had. The food was wonderful, service was perfectly timed and the restaurant feels like a beautiful home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved the bar30312eaterVIPDined on 10/30/2014dining room seemed stuffy. Food was fantastic and they had s great wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EJTMVIPDined on 10/30/2014Food & service were exceptional! Great restaurant for celebrating a special event. Love that they have padded stools next to our chairs for our handbags!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EUSHVIPDined on 10/30/2014A wonderful dining experience in all aspects-ambiance,food and serviceSpecial Features:
- MixedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014Turtle soup and gumbo were a nice change. More dark, dusky - cajun vs creole. Liked them both very much. My BBQ shrimp and grits were very tasty. My wife had the crab-grilled cheese. We were very disappointed with it. The crab salad was excellent, the grilled bread was inedible, too hard and not tasty. The sancerre wine was superb. This is a mixed review, but for the price...$$$ for lunch, somewhat disappointing.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantTheFrenchmanDined on 10/27/2014Beautifully executed dishes, excellent service and great ambience. The staff's knowledge of the wine list is excellent and they recommended a Californian Pinot Noir which was wondrous. This restaurant is truly a fine dining gem!Special Features:
- Historic restaurant settingxdoxDined on 10/27/2014Excellent service, good food, although not memorable. Decor drab. In other words, just a so so experience in New Orleans-nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- Very Very New OrleansPaindudeVIPDined on 10/26/2014Great restaraunts in a great hotel right in the middle of the French Quarter with a unique menu and local dishes like Crab beignets and Cajun Bouillabaisse. As well as excellent fish, beef and great wine list. The service was above reproach. A great dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionRosieATXVIPDined on 10/26/2014Amazing food! Our meal was delicious from beginning to end. My only complaint was that the service was a little slow - it took us 25 minutes to get our cocktails and our waiter wasn't too attentive (sort of absent) but other than that the experience was amazing and we will come back!Special Features:
- Worth the waitCarolVIPDined on 10/25/2014The restaurant was great. The atmosphere, food and service was excellent. Reservations seem to fill up quickly and we had to settle for 9:45pm. Definitely worth the wait and we were seated promptly at our reservation time.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014The food was the star of the show. Everything we ordered was top notch. The table service was on par for the type of restaurant.Special Features: