777 Bienville St
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://revolutionnola.com/
- Phone: 5045532277x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Monday - Thursday 5:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday and Saturday 5:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Wednesday - Friday 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Sunday Jazz Brunch 10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun, Creole
- Executive Chef: John Folse and Rick Tramonto
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Five dining rooms within the restaurant can be privatized to accommodate groups from 6 to 30. Larger groups can be accommodated in the adjoining Fleur de Lis Suite to include custom designed R'evolution menus for groups up to 160.
A word from Restaurant R'evolution
Serving Lunch, Dinner and Sunday Brunch, Restaurant R’evolution is the first joint venture of award-winning chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto, offering modern,imaginative reinterpretations of classic Cajun and Creole cuisine. Steeped in the diverse historic and cultural influences of Louisiana, the menu features not only the chefs’ interpretations of New Orleans classics such as gumbo, po’ boys, and beignets, but also new creations highlighting ingredients from what Chef Folse refers to as “the swamp floor pantry.” Tableside service components play an important role in the dining experience, promoting guest engagement about the history and evolution of the food they are enjoying.Soups such as Creole Louisiana Snapping Turtle Soup and Death by Gumbo play on unusual presentations of these traditional dishes that date back centuries. Desserts showcase classical New Orleans sweets done in a new and contemporary way.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Restaurant R'evolution - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Restaurant R'evolution reviews from OpenTable diners
351 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (274)fit for foodies (235)notable wine list (203)romantic (202)good for groups (91)hot spot (87)neighborhood gem (57)great for brunch (50)vibrant bar scene (45)great for lunch (29)scenic view (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014My party of 8 and I really loved it! We sat in the open kitchen area, which is a little more lively/interacting, and it was perfect. All of the rooms have their own uniqueness to them. Were still talking about the crab beignet appetizer. So good! This is definitely going to be a go-to for my husband and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Evolution of good restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/16/2014Restaurant R'Evolution is bar far one of the best restaurants I've been to this year and has quickly entered into my top 10. The food is modern and delicious without being complicated or presumptuous. The staff is friendly, knowledgable and incredibly helpful. We cancelled our reservations with another restaurant to go back to R'Evolution.Special Features:
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/15/2014Excellent and elegant dining experience! Highly recommend the oysters with cucumber ice, scallops with foie gras and gnocchi with lobster. Don't miss the smoked cheese grits either! The white chocolate bread pudding creme brûlée was amazing, but we probably should have shared one after cleaning all the plates that came before. The service was great and the staff very knowledgeable and friendly. True Southern charm and great food. Looking forward to going back when in New Orleans again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a blastNicknameDined on 10/13/2014It was a unique experience. The food and wine pairings were "out of this world".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dutch58Dined on 10/12/2014Great restaurant to bring clients, friends or for that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfull experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014From the very moment my wife and i entered the restaurant we felt comfortable and the staff were over the top accommodating. The service was spectacular, the food was some of the best we have had to date and the overall experience was a 11/10. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bam21VIPDined on 10/12/2014A beautiful restaurant. We were warmly greeted by our waiter and assistant. Helpful suggestions given and attentive and unhurried service as well as excellent food. The Jazz trio was very good and in the background. Will return on another visit to New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - hellacious serviceDinealwaysVIPDined on 10/11/2014Went with a group of people for an upscale dinner. However, after first sitting at our table, we were immediately assaulted by a service team that was unrelenting for the meal. They had no ability to understandwhen and when not to approach the table, and would frequently interrupt conversations, Reach across and block us from communicating with each other, and generally seem to rush us throughout the meal.on the good side, the food was exceptional, though I think I would be hard-pressed to return only to deal with the so-called waitstaff again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine foodIdealGraceDined on 10/10/2014We ate here on a recommendation. It was right off Bourbon St, but definitely a cut above what you usually find there. Wine list was extensive and the sommelier was great at helping us pair up a bottle of wine with 2 very different entrees. The food was delicious and everyone who waited on us was enthusiastic, knowledgeabl and friendly. Being so close to Bourbon St, it is is still fairly lively, but without the craziness, The bar made great cocktails as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior service, food and wine.2fordinnerDined on 10/10/2014All requests were met. Sadie, our server was very attentive. She was very helpful with food selection and wine parings. The only negative was not the fault of the owners Construction next door caused a noise problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food!DebbieDined on 10/8/2014All of the food was not only delicious, but cooked in a creative and special way. The service was wonderful as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and experienceTxfoodyDined on 10/6/2014From the time we walked in to the time we left the service was outstanding and not rushed. Quail was outstanding. Look forward to going back next time we visit NOLA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, beautiful servicefoodiewannabeDined on 10/5/2014My friend and I made this our expensive restaurant for our New Orleans visit. The food was spectacular all the way through. We had the death by gumbo, bouillabaisse, frog legs, duck, and chocolate souffle. Everything was melt-in-your mouth, nothing was overcooked, and everything had great flavor. My favorite was the gumbo, which was spicy but hearty, and my friend's was the duck, which managed to slip down his sore throat with utter ease. They wooed us of course with the amuse bouche and the little bonbons at the end. Presentation was always impeccable, and my friend has never been so impressed by my choice in restaurants! We had 3 servers, all of which were very attentive. We could chat comfortably too. All in all a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceBRdinerDined on 10/5/2014The food was excellent. The service was awesome and overall this is one of the best New Orleans restaurants I have been to. We will come again for sure. You can also eat in the bar if no table is available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food!TeejAwareDined on 10/4/2014The food here is AMAZING!! Our server was great. She was very attentive. Had we not had an unnecessary 30 minutes wait for our table, our experience here would have been flawless. It wasn't busy enough for my sister and I to have to wait that long for a table. We think they were waiting on a two top table to open up, instead of sitting us at a 4 top. I had to go have strong words with the management to FINALLY get a table. Please keep in mind we made our reservation 45 days in advance. For that reason, I will never return to this restaurant, and I won't recommend it to anyone else.Special Features:
- Repeat performance of excellenceJockdoc69Dined on 10/3/2014Before the visit to the restaurant this time including our son. Once again phenomenal food exceptional service another great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth tryingSCSassyDined on 10/2/2014We had friends visiting from out of town and we wanted them to have a wonderful dining experience. R' evolution was everything we expected. Service and atmosphere was excellent and food was above average. The highlight of our visit was the tour of kitchen and all the dining rooms.Special Features:
- A lovely evening in New Orleans.peacefulharborDined on 10/1/2014The menu was excellent. I had the filet and it was cooked to perfection. We tried the bone marrow for the first time My husband loved it and I was very glad I got the crab biegnets, which just float to your mouth. I chose the bread pudding creme brulee. Awesome! Npt quite as good as the Commander's Palace bread pudding souffle, but very close.Special Features:
- Best fine dining in the FQMarinFoodie4wineVIPDined on 9/30/2014With the dearly departed Stella! no longer in business, this is the best fine dining restaurant in the French Quarter. Superb service and outstanding, creative modernized creole cuisine. The only thing stopping me from giving it 5 stars is a snafu with the wine I brought in. I wasn't told the corkage fee (which I assumed would be somewhere between $20 - $25 as I'd experienced as other similar venues). However when I finished my dinner (and wine), I was told they "forgot" to inform me that the corkage was $50! $50 is pretty excessive for a place without a couple Michelin starts (and even then...). Honestly If I'd known that ahead of time, I would have just paid for a glass of house wine! So the otherwise great service fell short thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!NolanativeDined on 9/30/2014Consistently one of the top resaurants in New Orleans. Must dine for locals and tourists alike!Special Features:
- lisajoVIPDined on 9/28/2014This was our first time here. We are from Chicago and wanted to try Rick's place. The food was fantastic. The white chocolate bread pudding creme brule was the best dessert I have ever had! I need to get the recipe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- highlight of our tripDentonmelDined on 9/28/2014I grew up in NOLA and when I return I desire authentic south Louisiana foods. I loved the modern interpretations of old favorites. Example: bread pudding creme brûlée. Check google images and you will see what I mean. The crab beignets were also really delightful - great for 1 or 2 people or you won't be able to fully appreciate their beauty. We did dinner and brunch. If you can only do one or the other then do the jazz brunch. They do a $50 corkage which was worth it to us and they were very professional with the process.Special Features:
- Mint.BonaduceVIPDined on 9/27/2014It was mint and super enjoyable on all levels. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devine dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014My only complaint is that there was no table cloth on our table, but most other tables appeared to have a white table cloth on them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvtodineDined on 9/27/2014Excellent food, when we arrived we asked the waiter to transfer us to a seat next to a window and they were very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a must place to eat!susieDined on 9/26/2014A friend who lived in NOLA for many years recommended this restaurant! We have been to many places, from K-Pauls when we were dating (almost 20 years ago) to Brennans for our wedding breakfast, from the lake to the quarter. This restaurant ranks up there as one of my favorites!!! The wine list was digital which made it easy to search, the wait staff was professional, knowledgeable and very attentive and the food phenomenal. We were given a tour of the wine cellar before we left which made the visit even more special! We will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VIP service and settingTiffSDined on 9/25/2014I was very much pleased with the service my colleagues and I recevied for dinner. I made our reservation and two days prior to our arrival I received a call to confirm our reservation. At the end of the call I was asked if the reservation was for a special occasion. We were saying farewell to a colleague who had been with our company for over 15 years. On the evening of the reservation, we were taken to the private dining room. A gorgeous room with a glass wall showing the wine cellar. Our service was impeccable! We were attended to at the right points in our service, the captain was friendly and appropriately joined in our conversation which we appreciated. We felt pampered and the food was great! Couldn't have had a better send off.Special Features:
- A Night to RememberJM77VIPDined on 9/24/2014My wife and I celebrated our 37th Wedding Anniversary at Restaurant R'evolution. The Turtle Soup & Crab Beignets were great appetizers. Rosemary Duck & the Seared Sea Scallops and Foie Gras were to die for. The Black & Gold Chocolate Souffle was sinfully rich. The service team was wonderful (Jimi, Megan & Bob). Jimi, you truly made this anniversary celebration, A Night to Remember for the both of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNOLA4usDined on 9/23/2014The wine list was impressive but unapproachable to the average diner. Many of the wines were unfamiliar to us (not normally the case) so we asked our waiter for advise. The bottle he recommended based on our preferences was nice, but not $218 nice and not what we asked for. The presentation was very unique (wine list on an iPad and a jewelry box with different candies in each drawer) but they seemed to lose the basics among the fluff. For example, two different waiters asked about our appetizer order but it was never ordered. The food was beautifully presented but incredible salty. Both my husband's Triptych of Quail and my filet were so salty as to be unpleasant. Based on other reviews, we must have gotten the B team.Special Features:
- Off their game?OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/23/2014Party of eight, it was early so the restaurant was relatively empty just wait staff starring at us while we walked to the private dinning room. Nobody said hi, just starred. We were celebrating a team dinner and I had requested toast service by phone. Our waitress was caught off guard and said she just got the information. First course was amazing! Over half of the main entrees were cold and had to be sent back, my braised boneless short ribs were kinda warm, but still very good. Then, we were forgot about and the table never got cleared, so annoying. The staff tried to bribe everyone with free deserts, it worked they were good. Overall R'evolution has a great reputation but they need to get the basics right to be the best.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/22/2014We had heard that this restaurant was THE place to go. Yes, the food was very good, but a bit on the pricey side. The service was almost too good, as our server kept hovering over us to the point it was annoying. There are so many restaurants in New Orleans that I would rather eat at. But, at least I can say, "Been there, done that".Special Features:
- OutstandingNOLAfoodieDined on 9/21/2014This is one of the best meals I have had in New Orleans. The food was outstanding, but more importantly, the service was top-notch. Of course, my party was with a gentleman who frequents the restaurant quite often, so we got the royal treatment. I started with the trio of seafood and had the crawfish boil risotto as my entree. The seafood was fresh and the presentation was lovely. The risotto was cooked to perfection. I had a wonderful experience and I will certainly return and bring my foodie family with me for dinner. BTW; I have been here for brunch as well and it was also a great meal and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Food was very good ! Very pricy , but we knew that going into itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food should be better then servicePittsburghFoodieVIPDined on 9/20/2014I get tired of these restaurant that have a famous chef or 2 and then let interns try to cook the food. My scallops were under cooked and the foie gras was almost burnt. The service was top notch. I will go again because everything else was just wonderful. Get the charcuterie,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food and serviceTimothy1Dined on 9/19/2014Absolutely cannot be beat. Our dinner hear was amazing, from the appetizer to dessert, we enjoyed everything. The service was also prompt and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Great food and great service! Thanks for making our anniversary so special!!Special Features:
- Enjoyed the niteDineurfoodDined on 9/18/2014Enjoyed food and service yet was very disappointed requested a tour for my Wife and waiter never take time to bring usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding overall experience!GeorgieDined on 9/18/2014I can't say enough good things about this restaurant, the food, presentation and service were fantastic. Beautiful interior design also. Don't miss this gem of a place! Top of my list for New Orleans!Special Features:
- Fabulous - Great, Great PlaceRDOGGfoodiestyleDined on 9/18/2014Starting out at the bar is a nice beginning for this curious out of town person -- the bartender inquisitiveness allowed them to match drinks to our personalities and tastes. We ordered a set of appetizers -- death by gumbo, oysters a couple of ways (fire-roasted and raw), beer battered crab beignets, and sugar cured foie gras peaches and cream. The gumbo and beignets were the lauded standouts. I ordered the rib eye done Pittsburgh which was the first time ever I ever had it made that way. Was not your typical thick steak which was refreshing. The sommelier was accommodating to my request to stay reasonable and did with a couple of bottles of Spanish and a Burgundy red wines. One of the best meals I have had in awhile.Special Features:
- Revolution ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Went to Restaurant Revolution for my wife's birthday. The experience was great. When I called for the reservation and told them it was her birthday, they offered a special flower arrangement with her favorite wine on the table. The wait staff was very attentive but down to earth and fun. The food was incredible from the first bite to the last. The facility is beautiful and well decorated. We didn't spend any time in the bar but walked through and it was a New Orleans classic. I would recommend Revolution to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.