777 Bienville St
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://revolutionnola.com/
- Phone: 5045532277x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Monday - Thursday 5:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday and Saturday 5:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Wednesday - Friday 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Sunday Jazz Brunch 10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun, Creole
- Executive Chef: John Folse and Rick Tramonto
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Five dining rooms within the restaurant can be privatized to accommodate groups from 6 to 30. Larger groups can be accommodated in the adjoining Fleur de Lis Suite to include custom designed R'evolution menus for groups up to 160.
A word from Restaurant R'evolution
Serving Lunch, Dinner and Sunday Brunch, Restaurant R’evolution is the first joint venture of award-winning chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto, offering modern,imaginative reinterpretations of classic Cajun and Creole cuisine. Steeped in the diverse historic and cultural influences of Louisiana, the menu features not only the chefs’ interpretations of New Orleans classics such as gumbo, po’ boys, and beignets, but also new creations highlighting ingredients from what Chef Folse refers to as “the swamp floor pantry.” Tableside service components play an important role in the dining experience, promoting guest engagement about the history and evolution of the food they are enjoying.Soups such as Creole Louisiana Snapping Turtle Soup and Death by Gumbo play on unusual presentations of these traditional dishes that date back centuries. Desserts showcase classical New Orleans sweets done in a new and contemporary way.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Restaurant R'evolution - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Restaurant R'evolution reviews from OpenTable diners
356 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (279)fit for foodies (246)romantic (205)notable wine list (204)hot spot (84)good for groups (80)great for brunch (56)neighborhood gem (55)vibrant bar scene (46)great for lunch (29)scenic view (10)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Exceptional foodPeteDined on 9/15/2014Everything we had was delicious. Try any of the chef specialties, e.g. Death by gumbo, Turtle soup, Oysters on the half shell.Special Features:
- OMGOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/14/2014This was possibly the best meal of my life. I received this recommendation when a co-worker heard I was going to New Orleans. I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend a lot of money on a meal, but everyone I talked to told me it was worth it. My friend and I had drinks at the bar before starting dinner. The champagne cocktail has gold flecks in it and was almost too pretty to drink. From the moment we sat down to dinner we were amazed. The service was impeccable - our waiter paired a delicious wine with our meal and made excellent suggestions for appetizers and entrees. The Death by Gumbo was amazing and the lamb was to die for . . . the best lamb I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Gemtigeroc36Dined on 9/13/2014Overall a truly outstanding restaurant. Food and service are top-notch. Ambience is wonderful. Would highly recommend to anyone. This a true gem!Special Features:
- Amazing food!LizJVIPDined on 9/12/2014This has got to be the best restaurant experience I've ever had. It's rare when you can find everything you want in one restaurant - food, service, wine list, and ambience. It was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014This restaurant is not rushed. It lets you savor each course! The apps were so delicious, especially Death By Gumbo that has a stuffed quail surrounded by gumbo. My husband and our friend each loved it. My entrée was just OK even though everyone else loved theirs. And of course we had to order dessert, which was truly enjoyable. Then to top it all off, they brought a special treat for us! It looked like a delicate jewelry box with 5 or 6 drawers that each contained a homemade treat! It was perfect!Special Features:
- Perfecto!CatherineDined on 9/11/2014Lunch was upscale & devine. Our table began with corn & crab bisque, beet salad & turtle soup, all very good! Steak for 2, cooked to perfection, nice portion for lunch. Other had crab grilled cheese – need I say more – absolutely delicious. Many applause for Chef Eric! Pastry Chef Erin shared a medley of her sinfully delightful creations. Diving into Turbodog Stout Chocolate Cake, I state "this is the best", rich chocolate cut with the cherries, such a perfect pairing and then I tried White Chocolate Bread Pudding Crème Brûlée, yes indeed "this is the best". The Perfect ending to a Perfect experience. Bravo to all for providing such a memorable experience. We look forward to being spoiled at Restaurant R'evolution in the near futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in TownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014This place was by far our best meal in town. The Coq Au Vin was outstanding. The house made Salumi was excellent, and it will be difficult to find a better wine list.Special Features:
- Had a lovely timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/7/2014We came on a Sunday night since that's the day my birthday fell and were pleased that there was a full house. All of the dishes we tried were well seasoned and well cooked. Our only regret was that we did not have enough room to eat more. (We had raw oysters, wood fired oysters, crab beignets, shrimp & grits, lobster gnocchi, chocolate souffle and a trio of sorbets.)Special Features:
- Lovely setting, average mealGoldiefrocksDined on 9/7/2014Beautiful restaurant, superb service, average food. Grilled oysters lacked flavor (crumb topping like sawdust), crab beignets best dish tried. Turtle soup had nice flavor/texture; gumbo average, both presented well. Entirely disappointed with Gnocchi w lobster. It was all but flavorless, and the portion was scant. If I had liked it I would have wanted more. My husband thought it was the base to which something would be added, so he waited to begin eating. I had to tell him "this is it, please eat". Coq au vin was a rather dry, quite ordinary piece of chicken much like you might get from a buffet. We were so disappointed we skipped dessert...at my husband's suggestion...and this man NEVER skips dessert.
- Great for BusinesssharpknifeDined on 9/4/2014Made the reservation in spite of the CEO's hesitation to dine on, or so close to, Bourbon St. The staff was all top notch; from changing tables due to an uncooperative AC vent to service that was elegantly understated. Perfectly prepared, promptly served and great plates across the board. Possibly the best Sapphire Martinis ever. Go and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and selectionFunfoodVIPDined on 9/3/2014Death by gumbo, peaches and cream foie gras, crab beignets, white chocolate bread pudding with creme brûlée, all wonderful dishes. It's a smallish pretty restaurant of several rooms with different decor. Service staff very friendly, quality of food is excellent and portion size good. Jewelry box of after-dinner treats is pretty. My best dinner in New Orleans. After disappointing meals at GW Finns and Restaurant August, I returned to here where I could have excellent food a second time. Without a reservation, they were able to sit me at the "chefs table" , a long table in front of the open kitchen where I could watch some of the food prep and interact with some of the chefs. 2-3 appetizers is good for a meal, leaving room for dessert.Special Features:
- Best Meal in NOLADinerkjDined on 9/1/2014It is expensive, but oh so worth it!!!! It was so hard to choose what to order...everything sounded amazing. We enjoyed the deconstructed gumbos, but preferred original style instead of with quail. Beet salad was amazing, but not really original. The beignet appetizer was our favorite...definitely order this. We had the duck, lobster gnocchi & my favorite....scallop with duck liver. We tried the fondant cake for dessert and were given a jewel box of extra goodies from the chef. If you want you can enjoy dining and watch the chefs in action in open kitchen. For quieter area..ask for front room. For more energy, ask for kitchen room.Special Features:
- utmost elegant dining experienceawesomeDined on 9/1/2014A dinning experience not to be missed. Beautiful ambiance with awesome staff orchestrating a wonderful dining experience. The food is absolutely perfect from presention to the taste of last bite. Very fluent service from all staff providing great detail to making sure your dinner is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Orleans Fine DiningNewOrleansFoodieDined on 8/31/2014Restaurant R'evolution is a truly exquisite New Orleans experience. Food and service are both top notch. The preparations and presentations really elevate the food to the highest level. They have a focused cocktail list, and quite the notable wine list. I would recommend ordering many hot and cold appetizers to share for a meal. Beef tartare, beer battered crab stuffed beingets, sugar crusted foie gras with peaches and cream.. all them are incredible. There is a delightful sweet treats box at the end of every meal Also, if you ask they are more than happy to give you a tour at the conclusion of your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best RestaurantFeliciaDined on 8/31/2014We've eaten at a lot of places but the food and service was unparalleled. The food was absolutely amazing and the presentation of the parting gift at the end of the meal was quite unique. Can't wait to get back to New Orleans to go back to Revolution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fine Dining Experience!foodieDined on 8/31/2014The flavor combination for all the dishes were exceptional. We started off with the Seafood Gumbo and Creole Louisiana Snapping Turtle Soup. The Seafood Gumbo was the best I’ve tasted. The waitress recommended the Simply Green Salad and I had the Roasted Baby Beets Salad. The vinegar used to roast the beets was a tad overpowering. I had the Ricotta Gnocchi with Lobster. The gnocchi was a little tart. My husband had the Seared Sea Scallops and Foie Gras. The Foie Gras was succulent and melted in my mouth. For dessert I had the White Chocolate Bread Pudding Crème Brûlée. It was scrumptious and the salted spun sugar was a great compliment. The biggest surprise of the evening was the jewelry box with assorted sweets. Loved every bit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014First time there and were very impressed with the food, service and decor! The brunch was great, the table had the crab beignets, death by gumbo, corn and crab cappuccino and the breakfast revolution! All were excellent! Next visit will certainly try it for dinner!!
- One of the best in NOLAMeatloafVIPDined on 8/29/2014I have been to all of the big name restaurants in NOLA and this is one of the best. The menu is huge and eclectic. It is hard to decide what to get because everything sounds appealing. We ordered the crab beignets and felt they were the best of the evening. The quail tryptic was incredible. This will definitely be a repeat many times over. I have to try it all!Special Features:
- inannas7Dined on 8/29/2014The oven roasted bone marrow was the best thing I ate the whole time I was in NOLA. They offer great service, the food is fabulous, and they gave me simple syrup with my iced tea instead of nasty, non-dissolving sugar, so they won me over big time on that one. I would recommend, however, that even though the creme broulee bread pudding is to die for, dont order too much dessert- they give you a box of treats at the end of your meal, and since I had already had dessert, I missed out on enjoying all of the treats at the end.Special Features:
- Below ExpectationsnjoyfoodVIPDined on 8/29/2014I have heard about this restaurant from friends and literature, and was expecting an excellent meal. My date and I were greeted by a very helpful and friendly receptionist who seated us in the bar area. While we waited on our table we had a few drinks. We were seated in the area where we could see the kitchen, and it was nice. We ordered a steak and their fish special. Upon getting our food both of us were disappointed in the quality of the food. It was just average taste and was not as special as it was made out to be. From our experience, the food is very over priced for the quality. Both of us agreed, New Orleans has too many other places to spend that amount of money for below average food.
- TJKeTJKeDined on 8/29/2014We had a fantastic meal with great service. Would recommend highly.Special Features:
- new orleans visitTommyDined on 8/28/2014One of the best service in a restaurant in all my life. It was truly an amazing experience. From our wonderful host, can't remember his hame dark hair med height very cute, was so accomodating when i couldnt fit my knees under the table due to my height and the table low height.Special Features:
- Very averageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014The food was just average and for the prices we expected much more than average. We were very disappointed as we had heard and read many nice reviews. Would not recommend this as a fine dinning experience.
- A bit stuffysinceyouaskedDined on 8/27/2014Didn't feel totally comfortable; thought the wait staff was a bit too aloof while providing good service. Well appointed restaurant; very small portions. Will not go back with so many other great restaurants in NOLA.
- Only had dinnerMausjeDined on 8/23/2014First let me say, it was AMAZING! The full package. I cannot speak to brunch, outdoor dining, scenic view, or lunch, and we did not have brunch nor did we eat out doors. I think if you child knows how to behave in a restaurant it would be alright but frankly this place is a dining experience and should be taken slowly which will most likely strain a childs patience and spoil your experience. We came for the FOOD and never even looked at the wine list but I'm sure it is just as spectacular as was the service and food. I expecially came for the caviar. Everything from service to desert was amazing and we will be back there everytime we arrive in NOLA. Thank you all for a wonderful meal and an amazing experience. Warmest regards, MSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Revolutionary, but at a PricewinedoctorDined on 8/23/2014We had an exceptional dining experience at R'evolution, but there are a couple of caveats. First, we brought our own wine despite the relatively high corkage fee of $50. Their wine list is extensive, but also tends to be very expensive and somewhat overpriced. The service was exceptional, and the restaurant is beautiful and fairly quiet, so our birthday celebration was really nice. The price tag can be shocking with multiple courses, and the portions are generous, so sharing is a good idea. The only deficiency was when the hostess declined to call a cab for us on the way out, saying a "taxi stand is right outside." We didn't see one and couldn't find a taxi in this busy part of the French Quarter. This is not acceptable.Special Features:
- Superb!winerdinerDined on 8/22/2014Dining at R-evolution is a not to be missed experience. Their attention to every detail is outstanding. Definitely one of the top 5 restaurants in New Orleans and probably the country. It's that good!Special Features:
- GoThereBeenThereDined on 8/22/2014We are locals & have experienced lots of NOLA fine dining. This restaurant was a wonderful blend of great service & delicious food in an upscale atmosphere. We had veal medallions, chargrilled oysters. gumbo bowl (FULL of seafood),gulf fish meunière, & special house dressing on green salad . Everything was perfect. The dessert was white chocolate bread pudding creme brûlée. It's a must! Good size portions for an upscale restaurant. Lunch bill was about $110 including tax & tip& no alcohol. Worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Food was excellent. Probably the best food I have ever eaten in New Orleans. Sevice was also excellent. This is the second time we have eaten here and will undoubtedly be back again in the future.Special Features:
- Good food, friendly serviceCTdinerDined on 8/20/2014Good food, but was not a great food experience. The food will not have you wanting more. Being good does not cut it in New Orleans. The bar is very nice and has a good drink menu.Special Features:
- StephenDined on 8/17/2014Great dinner with excellant service. Maybe the best or in the top three venues in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cocoDined on 8/17/2014My son had eaten there for Valentines Day. Since Restaurant R'evolution is coming to Madison Ms, where I live, I definitely wanted to try it. Have never had such a wonderful dining experience. Naturally we sampled everyone's food at our table of five, and couldnt decide which one was the best because they all were exquisite, presentation, flavor. Hope it can hold up to that level in Madison, and I will definitely try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchDandMDined on 8/17/2014We went for brunch with a party of 6 and we were not disappointed. I love the contrast in decor between the bar area and the restaurant and both are gorgeous. The wait staff was fabulous as was the food & drink. I had a wonderful Bloody Mary, the corn and crab soup and the eggs sardou with crab meat and it was all really really good. Others at my table had the turtle soup, the death by gumbo, the duck confit, the veal chop, the crab cakes, the shrimp & grits and the egg & meat breakfast. I heard only good things about it all and I tasted the duck confit and it was delicious. So all in all a great restaurant that I am gushing about to my co workers today and will recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Excellent in all facets!KatherineDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I found out about Restaurant R'evolution via the Food Network. The Death by Gumbo was our mission, however, we found so much more! The hosts were able to accommodate a last minute addition to our headcount on what could only have been an extremely busy evening. The combination of immediate customer service and a gorgeous dining room, we knew we were in for a treat. Our group of seven all enjoyed their initial cocktails immensely (the Strawberry Smash was divine). We were taken care of by multiple, knowledgeable staff members who guided us to our choices. The scallops were the best I've ever had! And the Death by Gumbo proved worth the trip. We will absolutely be back!Special Features:
- The best food I ever had.NicknikDined on 8/16/2014My mom and I were really excited to go to R'evolution, ever since we watched the episode best gumbo in new Orleans on best in chow. I have never had food so heavenly. The death by gumbo, was fantastic and left us wanting to lick the bowl. Everything we ordered was superb! Braised short ribs, oysters, bone marrow, and the peach cobbler were all so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ServiceAZFOODIEDined on 8/15/2014Great ambiance. Excellent food. Priced high, but fair. Digital wine menu was a lot of fun. Delicious goat cheese ravioli. My wife's steak was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quintessential CajunNawlinsFoodieDined on 8/15/2014Excellent menu selections with excellent service. If not the best, then one of the best restaurants in New Orleans. Not just a meal, but a complete dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014For a special occassion. Everything on the menu was perfect! Service was spectacular!Special Features:
- Outstand first visitHoofit49Dined on 8/9/2014Our first visit was outstanding. Every course was very good to excellent. The service was great, attentive but not too attentive. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dinningNOLAfanDined on 8/9/2014I've been to Restaurant R'evolution twice, and I look forward to my next visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.