115 S Main St
Gordonsville, VA 22942Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurant-pomme.com/
- Phone: (540) 832-0130
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm;
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30 - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, French
- Executive Chef: Gerard Gasparini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: We have a private dining room that holds up to 30 seated and 60 standing. Great for small wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, business luncheon/dinner, and any other special occasion you can think of.
A word from Restaurant Pomme
Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge, in downtown Gordonsville, Virginia, Restaurant Pomme provides an authentic classic French dining experience. The restaurant welcomes diners and guests to a warm and inviting recreation of the French country side-from food to decor. Whether on a day trip or gathering with friends and family, we wish to share our passion of food and wine with you. À votre santé et bon appétit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Restaurant Pomme - Best Restaurants in Gordonsville ›
Restaurant Pomme reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (71)special occasion (69)neighborhood gem (62)romantic (58)great for lunch (56)notable wine list (45)great for brunch (35)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Elegant, not worth the priceJcamDined on 11/22/2014The atmosphere is very nice, and staff accommodating. I had the pork, my wife had lamb. Both were overcooked, , and though portions where what they should be. The combination rendered both extremely over priced.Special Features:
- FOOD & SERVICE THE WAY IT SHOULD BEThomasDined on 11/20/2014Every since my first visit three +- years ago, POMME has been my #1 restaurant of choice for dinner or lunch. It is more than a very good restaurant, it is a dining experience. The owner/chef and his excellent staff will give you a beautiful experience that you will never forget. I live in Charlottesville but trust me, it is worth the drive from Richmond or Northern Virginia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not quite as goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/20/2014Pomme is always good and this time it wasn't great....the calves liver wasn't up to par. Bummer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at PommeJDRIDined on 11/16/2014As a location for lunch/ brunch on a Sunday after church it was great, the welcoming dining room was like being at home! The group fitted well into the area assigned, which was close to the entrance because we have one handicapped person in the group. The noise level was low enough that all six of us could hear and be heard. The food was good, the French bread excellent, and the dressing on the salad light and bright. The only flaw was the service, after waiting 15 minutes our server finally arrived and was then quite attentive. Overall a very pleasant experience. We would definitely return, but would look for more prompt service next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable lunch on a crisp fall dayLetseatDined on 11/15/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful lunch here last Saturday. We had received high praise from friends about the restaurant for some time, so we were looking forward to visiting, and we were delighted with what awaited us. This is a lovely restaurant with a chef who really knows what he's doing to provide only the very best in French dining. Beautiful table setting and outstanding meal. Not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special event with special friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014We six arrived early from far away, were accommodated right away, and seated in our own corner, visible but not crowded in. The restaurant was a bright and interesting in a casual french motif. We had appetizers which were served hot and delicious, followed by salad or soup and then by the entree. We chose a bold red wine from Argentina to have with the meal, followed by dessert and coffee. We all had something different, and were all thoroughly enjoying the flavors. I shared a salad, had an amazing entree of duck with fig stuffing, and shared a wonderful chocolate dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GudrsSunsDined on 11/8/2014Excellent menu - Excellent wine list - Well known Gordonsville area Fine Dining French Cuisine Restaurant. Very Crowded - Definitely make reservations, especially on weekends. Appetizers & Dinner entrees perfectly prepared & marvelous taste. Dessert had a slight refrigerated storage aftertaste, will not order again. Inconsistent service due to Saturday evening crowds. Overall Very Good dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014As always, Restaurant Pomme delivers. This was a lunch for us, and the food was terrific. Porc Madeira with rice and sautéed veg, House special sausage with roasted mashed potatoes, salads, sorbet variety, & crème caramel.............YUM!!! Service was outstanding from Geraldine, Crystal, & David. The chef came-out to chat.....lovely!!Special Features:
- Quaint little town restaurantdiamondgroupVIPDined on 10/30/2014A little gem in a tiny little town of Gordonsville, VA! The french cuisine was very small portions (as typical of french) with higher prices but the food is good. There is nothing like it for miles. The veal was very tender and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Than EverJonesFamilyDined on 10/29/2014After 2 years, we returned to Restaurant Pomme to find it, somehow, even better than previous occasions. STILL wonderful. Definitely worth a drive down from Northern Virginia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the driveAshtonDined on 10/25/2014The food, atmosphere and service was very good. we went after a football game on the way home and I had pumpkin soup, trout almondine, and apple cake, all delicious! The chef cooks in the traditional fine French style and the food is consistently good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 10/24/2014We are amazed every time we visit this fine little French restaurant in the middle of Gordonsville. Dining here is always a pleasure. A nice variety of menu items and the staff members are efficient, friendly and welcoming.
- EXCELLENT COUNTRY FRENCHNewtoCharlottesvilleDined on 10/24/2014One of the top three restaurants in the Charlottesville area. In the center of Gordonsville about 15 minutes north of exit 136 of I-64 on rural route 15 Pomme is an excellent classic country French style restaurant with excellent food, service, and ambiance. Chef owned the staff is very accommodating. One of my favorite restaurants, I have eaten at Pomme about a dozen times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Delightful!CorkyDined on 10/21/2014We celebrated our anniversary dinner there and were not disappointed. A very nice experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding brunchRichmonder2Dined on 10/19/2014My friend and I had an outstanding brunch at Restaurant Pomme in Gordonsville, VA. We each ordered the eggs benedict and split an order of french toast. The eggs benedict plate included a delicious medley of caramelized vegetables, and hash brown potato cake made with cheese and topped with watercress. The french toast was equally good, topped with huge, perfect raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, whipped cream, and an orchid decoration! The service was very attentive but we did not feel rushed. What a treat on a beautiful Sunday afternoon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WellyDined on 10/17/2014Pomme is a delightful restaurant with delicious food and a European atmosphere. It is one of our favorite places to eat in the central Virginia area. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Service excellent. Bit expensive and had to send back my rack of lamb because it was overcooked (came our medium/well vrs rare/medium). Had NO problem doing it and staff very understanding. Wife really enjoyed the meal. Nice selections on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner a Cafe PommeIndianaKatDined on 10/15/2014After making a 6:45pm res on-line, we arrived and were quickly seated. Very nice atmosphere, with exception of the golf pics, although that is a personal taste. I had the Escargot, Lamb and Crème Brule. My husband had the Cheese/Salad, Duck and shared the Crème Brule. The appetizers, my Escargot with wild mushrooms and a delicious cream sauce was the best ever. My Lamb, with a mustard rub ordered medium rare with delicious seasonal veggies was superlative. The only detraction was the au gratin risotto, or what ever it was, it was cold on the plate when served. Still somewhat tasty, but cold. Dan really enjoyed his salad with 5 different cheeses. His duck and veggies were very good, but his risotto same. The CB was set/great! Overall YummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this placeJim3Dined on 10/11/2014This family owned and operated French restaurant is a gem. Whenever we can we make a detour to include this on our itinerary. Almost like being in France.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful bistro.BookFairieVIPDined on 10/11/2014We LOVE this restaurant. The food is superb and very consistent. The wait staff is friendly and professional. We wish we lived closer, but can only get there when visiting our son at UVA. So worth the trip over to Gordonsville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Delicious and comfy atmosphere! Staff was awesome.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014The food and service were superb! i highly recommend the petit filet, it was perfection. The ambiance was warm and charming. A wonderful place to enjoy food and friendship.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/9/2014absolutely fabulous!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Special Features:
- A real gem!RichmonderDined on 10/5/2014Wonderful meal and the service was exceptional. This was my first time eating here and will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PBearDined on 10/5/2014My wife and I have dined at Restaurant Pomme several times and have never been disappointed. The consistency in quality of food and service is remarkable and we feel lucky to have a restaurant of this quality in our area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- macmDined on 10/4/2014Excellent and friendly attentive service. The food is delicious! Guy takes great pride in pairing a perfect wine with each course. Expensive, but worth it.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysvadinerDined on 9/28/2014If you are looking for a gem of a French restaurant -- The Pomme Gordonsville is for you. The food is outstanding with a menu that changes regularly as well as many specials. The service is always great. Give this place a try and your will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- What a Nice PlaceFredDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I visited Restaurant Pomme on the way home from Charlottesville. Loved the food, ambience, service and wine list. Beautiful presentation. This is a little gem in Gordonsville that I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperiencePAvisitor14Dined on 9/26/2014This was exquisite. The ambiance was warm and welcoming. The staff was attentive, gracious, & professional. The food was delicious and plated attractively. I will definitely visit again the next time I am in Gordonsville.Special Features:
- Viva la FranceRegularDinerDined on 9/20/2014This is a lovely French restaurant that reflects the "essence" of France, from the menu to the wines to the atmosphere, but not the snootiness. Lobster bisque was superb. Beet salad was attractive and delicious. We sampled veal and fish, both prepared perfectly. Tarte tatin was declared scrumptious. Good coffee to round out the evening.Special Features:
- Great FoodLindaVIPDined on 9/18/2014We were traveling to Virginia while visiting Montecello and had Restaurant Pomme recommended to us. We had a delightful traditional french meal. Everything was fresh and delicious from the appetizer to the dessert. The french bread was also fantastic. This was our favorite meal we had on our vacation while celebrating our 29th anniversary.Special Features:
- Should be 5 star butSouthernboundDined on 9/18/2014Nice layout lots of room, wonderful wine list, good was above average and a find in Gordonville. We were rushed through our meal (it was a Thrusday night and only 4 table were seated), our waiter was VERY standoffish, and real seem to not care, barely came by our table, the only we waited was when the table needed to be cleared but desert and check came real fast. The food was good enough that we would try it again but it really put a damper on my wife birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peacheyDined on 9/18/2014Attractive and delicious food with attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Meal...JeffVIPDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful meal in Gordonsville. A lovely surprise in this very quaint town. The food was superb and the wine list was excellent. Everything was perfectly cooked and well worth the price. If you are in the area, this is not a restaurant to miss.Special Features:
- Great restaurantFoolMeOnceVIPDined on 9/11/2014The quality of the food and the service here is exceptional. Nightly specials in addition to the outstanding menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Jewel in the Blue RigdeTBforlunchVIPDined on 9/4/2014Our dinner started with a very light but very tasty mousse; the other was a rare blend of baked avocado and Brie on a bed of frisée. My wife's lamb chops were perfectly prepared and grilled to perfection. The fish stew I had was extraordinary. The only challenge of the fish stew was its size. For the money the stew could have served two, but I couldn't stop until I was finished. The blend of a wide variety of fishes with a thick and savory broth were memorable. I have fish stew whenever I can, and found this stew to be the best in the region, including DC. In addition to the outstanding meal, the ambiance and service were outstanding. The wait staff is attentive and non intrusive. All elements contributed to a memorable dinner.Special Features:
- GiGiDined on 9/2/2014could not have been more disappointed---couldn't believe you took French Onion Soup off menu------The cold Salmon dish was tasteless! This was fourth time at the "Pomme" and my last !
- Gem in GordonsvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014We love this place. Great food, great chef, and team. They know what they are doing and it's always a treat to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningjackieDined on 8/26/2014I always look forward to dining at the Pomme. I usually eat lunches there and they are always super. I have never had a bad one. Jackie YoungSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Central VirginiaCzechthisoutDined on 8/22/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Pomme. As noted in numerous previous reviews, the food, atmosphere, and service were outstanding. Quite interesting menu, but we opted for one of the specials - monkfish with lobster sauce, which was beautifully presented with a potato/butternut squash puree and a unique green vegetable, tetragon. The combination was splendid and the wonderful taste is something we will remember for a long time. The head chef stopped by our table a couple of times and we greatly enjoyed talking about the food and the restaurant's history. We look forward to returning to Pomme in the future and to sharing the experience with other family members who enjoy first class dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.