115 S Main St
Gordonsville, VA 22942Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurant-pomme.com/
- Phone: 5408320130
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm;
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30 - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, French
- Executive Chef: Gerard Gasparini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: We have a private dining room that holds up to 30 seated and 60 standing. Great for small wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, business luncheon/dinner, and any other special occasion you can think of.
A word from Restaurant Pomme
Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge, in downtown Gordonsville, Virginia, Restaurant Pomme provides an authentic classic French dining experience. The restaurant welcomes diners and guests to a warm and inviting recreation of the French country side-from food to decor. Whether on a day trip or gathering with friends and family, we wish to share our passion of food and wine with you. À votre santé et bon appétit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Restaurant Pomme - Best Restaurants in Gordonsville ›
Restaurant Pomme reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)neighborhood gem (30)great for lunch (28)fit for foodies (27)romantic (26)great for brunch (23)notable wine list (16)great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Gem in GordonsvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014We love this place. Great food, great chef, and team. They know what they are doing and it's always a treat to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningjackieDined on 8/26/2014I always look forward to dining at the Pomme. I usually eat lunches there and they are always super. I have never had a bad one. Jackie YoungSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Central VirginiaCzechthisoutDined on 8/22/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Pomme. As noted in numerous previous reviews, the food, atmosphere, and service were outstanding. Quite interesting menu, but we opted for one of the specials - monkfish with lobster sauce, which was beautifully presented with a potato/butternut squash puree and a unique green vegetable, tetragon. The combination was splendid and the wonderful taste is something we will remember for a long time. The head chef stopped by our table a couple of times and we greatly enjoyed talking about the food and the restaurant's history. We look forward to returning to Pomme in the future and to sharing the experience with other family members who enjoy first class dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReneeDined on 8/22/2014A true treasure in Gordonsville!! You will think you are in the French countryside! The owner visits for a personal "hello" and welcome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful French Cuisine!outoftowndatenightDined on 8/16/2014Everything about Pomme was amazing. The service was friendly, helpful, and attentive. The atmosphere was perfect, and of course the food was delicious! I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming- worth the driveddinerDined on 8/16/2014The food at Pomme was wonderful - 3 people, all had something different and all the dishes were great. The room is lovely, outside patio looked very nice as well. Will definitely go back, even though it's an hour drive for us.Special Features:
- beachgirlDined on 6/7/2014Veal was disappointing. Menu states medallions but the cut of meat served was tough and definitely not medallions. Lamb entree says blueberries in description but not ONE blueberry was on the plate. Server knew absolutely nothing about the wines and wasn't particularly pleasant. The desserts were AWFUL!Special Features:
- Excellent Lunch!perfectCowgirlDined on 6/6/2014Pomme is my go-to lunch restaurant to bring my out of town guests. The food is amazing, the decor beautiful and I would call the atmosphere "sophisticated-country". Thanks for such a wonderful destination and delicious meal!Special Features:
- WaikikiWaikikiDined on 5/27/2014This was my second trip to Restaurant Pomme and everything (food, service, atmosphere, etc.) was fabulous. Well worth the hour drive to get there!Special Features:
- PommeFordingDined on 5/25/2014Always enjoy Restaurant Pomme. French country atmosphere with excellent food and service. Check out the on line menus but they always have specials when we have been there.Special Features:
- fabulous as usualvadinerDined on 5/25/2014Restaurant Pomme is a real gem. Food is always delicious. Very accommodating to special requests. The seving staff is very professional. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely gem in GordsonsvilleteadrinkerDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I celebrated our third anniversary at this lovely little French restaurant in downtown Gordonsville. We had a wonderful experience overall. My wife ordered the French onion soup and the filet with shallot sauce, and I had the cheese platter (with side salad) and a New York Strip special with truffle sauce. The appetizers were great (particularly my wife's soup, which wasn't quite like any French onion soup either of us had tasted previously), our steaks were very tender and appropriately done, and the sauces were excellent. The sautéed vegetables with the entrees were excellent. The desserts were phenomenal (best part of the meal!). We got the mousse au chocolat and mousse de fromage. Wonderful atmosphere, with beautiful decor.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerBnLontheroadDined on 5/24/2014We were looking for an intimate dinner to celebrate our anniversary. Pomme fit the bill beautifully. The decor was elegant and gave that Paris feel. The poached salmon was perfect and the the lamb loin was outstanding. Portions were more along the European size, but quite filling. The wine list was good very appropriate to the meals. The wait staff was attentive and everyone got personal time and attention. It was worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner42Dined on 5/24/2014Pomme is a restaurant that promises a quality dining experience and delivers with a gracious, unique style that is supported by a knowledgeable staff and talented chef. Nestled in a quaint row of refurbished buildings, even the exterior ambience is five stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of France in VirginiaHillresidentVIPDined on 5/24/2014Great food, and sitting in the wisteria-covered patio out back reminded us of the old inn we stayed at in the Loire valley - perfect.Special Features:
- French nostalgialauraDined on 5/13/2014Beautiful French cuisine uncompromised. Fabulous service, diverse and interesting menu, will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnifique!RichmondFoodieVIPDined on 5/11/2014Wonderful French food. Service wasn't as good today (Mothers' Day) as in the past. But the food is worth the drive from Richmond.Special Features:
- Never been dissappointedLuvThePommeDined on 5/11/2014We moved to the area three years ago and shortly thereafter finding the Pomme. It became our number one "go to" restaurant and has lived up to our expectations on every visit since.Special Features:
- OverratedCriticDined on 5/10/2014We were seated at a too small table against a wall. We were moved to a slightly larger table in front of the window. We sat a good 5 minutes before anyone came over. Lobster bisque was lukewarm. Wished it had chunks of lobster but it was blended and smooth. Good flavor. We asked for bread. It was the best part of the meal. Veal medallion was cooked dry. Veggie was tiny and I think it was turnip. A small amount of rice and sweet potato was good. Lemon tart was good. Apple tart was good. All in all good to very good. Probably will not returnSpecial Features:
- Friendly Chef Who Knows His StuffEasy2luvDined on 5/10/2014My originally Parisian wife and I were invited by her childhood pen pal from England for lunch at the restaurant. Our second meal there, it was absolutely delicious, as was the first, and our English friend was thrilled with our recommendation. They and I ordered, as a first course, the lobster bisque, the best we've ever had, whereas they had the calf's liver with balsamic raspberry sauce which my wife highly recommended, having ordered it previously, whereas I literally drooled over the seafood stew so good and copious that the sweet tooth I am couldn't think of having a dessert afterward. They, on the other hand, did order the unbeatable crême brûlée. The rosé from Hérault was also perfectly paired with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusansbirthdaypresentSusansbirthdaypresentDined on 5/10/2014The Pomme proved to be a wonderful French restaurant. The table was ready upon our arrival and set time. The food was excellent and the staff was teriffic! I would recommend this to all my friends.Special Features:
- Fantastic find!AshlandRoyDined on 5/10/2014This is a great French restaurant set in a small Virginia community. The food and service have been excellent every time we have dined here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PommejackieDined on 5/9/2014Lunch was very good. The food was wonderful. I will be back. JackieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 442 reviews are from the Restaurant Pomme reviews archive.
- Never DisappointsKuchingDined on 5/8/2014Wonderful lunch as usual. An hour's drive from Charlottesville and well worth it. I have calf's liver whenever it is a special. Not there this time so chose Dover sole which was so delicious I could have licked the plate. Husband can never resist their onion soup. Just a lovely relaxing atmosphere and a nice break from the day's activities. Only negative - wish the French bread had been warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014Excellent all ways around. Great menu. Wine selection is suberb. The waiter was most friendly. It was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!ThetravleinggourgnomesDined on 5/3/2014This was our third time to Restaurant Pomme and Chef Gerard out did himself. The special salt crusted sea bass with the Chefs own recipe for beurre blanc sauce was out of this world. I couldn't stop talking about my dinner to my wife. It got to the point where she reminded me of how Julia Child must of felt when she first tasted her fish almondine in a beurre blanc sauce the first time in France. It was as wonderful. This restaurant is always on our list of restaurants and always a treat for us when we are visiting VA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!Club1136Dined on 5/1/2014You can't go wrong going here for dining. Lunch or dinner will leave you satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DiningRVAfoodiesDined on 4/27/2014We had Sunday brunch with friends outside under a canopy of wisteria. Started with a shared cheese tray which had excellent cheese choices. Chef came and identified them for us. Perfect starter. Each of us chose a different main entree - lamb, calves liver, Sole, and Eggs Benedict. All were delicious and the plating beautiful. We ended with shared dessert - the apple tart which was flavorful and flakey. Well worth the drive from Richmond. The service was outstanding and Chef's tableside visits made it extra special. It was our 4th visit and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- worn out?RogerRDined on 4/26/2014We had dinner there on 4/26, the same day as the Historic Garden Tour in Gordonsville. It may be that they were VERY busy through lunch because of that event, and exhausted by the time we got there (7pm). We will try again later.
- Don't go anywhere elseSamuelDined on 4/26/2014This Restaurant Pomme is one of the best in a life accustomed to a lot of restaurants. The French Oinion Soup was perfect. I've NEVER had any better. The Coco Van was unequaled, tough to say since my dinner partner was my wife who makes this at home for me. But, really, yours was head and shoulders better. Shhhh! Mum's the word.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Lunchnavet72Dined on 4/26/2014Took the wife there for our anniversary during late lunch time. Also turned out to be some kind of celebration for the town of Gordonsville. The restaurant was busier than we had seen it in the past. As always the food was outstanding but the service was only fair and very slow. Some of this was attributed to the crowd but not all of it. Our server passed by us many times without so much as alook to see if we needed or wanted anything. My only comment on the food was I wish the steak and fries were on the menu.Special Features:
- Wonderful place for lunchbaileybrown1Dined on 4/26/2014My Mother and I have visited Gordonsville twice in the past 8 months and had lunch there both times. It was amazing to see such a truly sophisticated spot in such a small town! Food is excellent, wonderful wines and the service is beyond compare. It's worth the drive from Richmond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedReddog80Dined on 4/23/2014After reading many reviews of Pomme we were looking forward to a great experience but we can only say we were disappointed. Our server was very weak compared to the others that were observed. In fact they had to pick up the slack. The first serving of bread was so hard (either stale or overdone) we had to send it back and then had to ask for another piece. All this was without apology for the poor quality. The next serving was fine and we had to ask again for another piece because we felt the portions were too small for the money. This lunch was a birthday celebration so we had a bottle of wine that was delicious but overall the price ($115.00) for a small lunch and poor service in Gordonsville was disappointing. We won't return.Special Features:
- Treat for a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2014I was pleased to introduce a neighbor to Pomme. We enjoyed a quiet conversation while waiting for our food. Our lunch was such a treat---pork for her and langoustine for me. We loved each bite. The atmosphere is sophisticated, so pleasant. Thank you.Special Features:
- Friendly and ConvivialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014The restaurant was extremely busy when we visited which affected the service and the food a bit. Nevertheless, the service was professional and not stuffy. The food was generally very good. Excellent bread was served with unsalted butter which for me is a clue that a restaurant is serious about food. My only complaint was that my pork entree was somewhat overdone. If not for that, I would award another star. We will definitely be back when it is not so busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/20/2014We visited Pomme for the first time on Easter Sunday. The food was excellent- very well prepared and tasty. The service was very poor- we were ignored for 15-20 minutes between dinner and dessert and then again after we had ordered dessert. I'm still not sure who our waiter was. The owner explained that they were missing two servers that day. They were very crowded and busy due to the Easter holiday. We will go back another time on a non- holiday.Special Features:
- Easter brunchEdnamDined on 4/20/2014We went to "Pomme" for Easter brunch. As always, the food was excellent, even though they were very busy. Service was extremely slow, but the waiter didn't charge us for desserts, which made the trip (40" for us) worth while. It is one of our favorite restaurants in Central Virginia and we highly recommend it! A treat!Special Features:
- Easter Brunch!MacsDined on 4/20/2014Our neighbors have been telling us about Pomme for several years and I just decided Easter Sunday was a perfect time to try something different. Our family of 4 took the scenic drive from Charlottesville to Gordonsville and upon arrival felt like we had been transported to a french country establishment. Everything was perfect for our Brunch. We sat at our table longer than we would normally just because we were enjoying the atmosphere and our own company so much. We will be back.Special Features:
- Nice but not inspired.Rugbmum3Dined on 4/20/2014We were visiting the area over Easter weekend and were looking forward to a special Sunday brunch. It may have been the holiday "crowd" in this cozy spot were just too overwhelming for the kitchen, but our experience was "nice" but not the inspired experience we expected based on other reviews. Service was very friendly and attentive and the restaurant itself is well appointed. However, meals were rather basic and portions were meager. Would consider giving it another try but not on a holiday.
- Second Time VisitorDiner7Dined on 4/19/2014The food was excellent, as was the fine selection of wines. The service, however was well below standard for such a fine restaurant. There was a long delay of nearly ten minutes after being seated before we were greeted. The waitress thereafter was very detached and inattentive throughout the meal. We felt rushed as if she wanted to flip the table, even though it was early and the restaurant was not full. When the back server spilled a full glass of champagne while placing a desert on the table, he neither replaced it nor took it off of the bill. Charged for a stem I didn't drink. Asked directly if we wanted the bill immediately after desert was served.Special Features: