115 S Main St
Gordonsville, VA 22942Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurant-pomme.com/
- Phone: 5408320130
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm;
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30 - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, French
- Executive Chef: Gerard Gasparini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: We have a private dining room that holds up to 30 seated and 60 standing. Great for small wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, business luncheon/dinner, and any other special occasion you can think of.
A word from Restaurant Pomme
Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge, in downtown Gordonsville, Virginia, Restaurant Pomme provides an authentic classic French dining experience. The restaurant welcomes diners and guests to a warm and inviting recreation of the French country side-from food to decor. Whether on a day trip or gathering with friends and family, we wish to share our passion of food and wine with you. À votre santé et bon appétit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Restaurant Pomme - Best Restaurants in Gordonsville ›
Restaurant Pomme reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (51)fit for foodies (50)neighborhood gem (46)romantic (41)great for lunch (36)notable wine list (34)great for brunch (24)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Better Than EverJonesFamilyDined on 10/29/2014After 2 years, we returned to Restaurant Pomme to find it, somehow, even better than previous occasions. STILL wonderful. Definitely worth a drive down from Northern Virginia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the driveAshtonDined on 10/25/2014The food, atmosphere and service was very good. we went after a football game on the way home and I had pumpkin soup, trout almondine, and apple cake, all delicious! The chef cooks in the traditional fine French style and the food is consistently good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 10/24/2014We are amazed every time we visit this fine little French restaurant in the middle of Gordonsville. Dining here is always a pleasure. A nice variety of menu items and the staff members are efficient, friendly and welcoming.
- EXCELLENT COUNTRY FRENCHNewtoCharlottesvilleDined on 10/24/2014One of the top three restaurants in the Charlottesville area. In the center of Gordonsville about 15 minutes north of exit 136 of I-64 on rural route 15 Pomme is an excellent classic country French style restaurant with excellent food, service, and ambiance. Chef owned the staff is very accommodating. One of my favorite restaurants, I have eaten at Pomme about a dozen times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Delightful!CorkyDined on 10/21/2014We celebrated our anniversary dinner there and were not disappointed. A very nice experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding brunchRichmonder2Dined on 10/19/2014My friend and I had an outstanding brunch at Restaurant Pomme in Gordonsville, VA. We each ordered the eggs benedict and split an order of french toast. The eggs benedict plate included a delicious medley of caramelized vegetables, and hash brown potato cake made with cheese and topped with watercress. The french toast was equally good, topped with huge, perfect raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, whipped cream, and an orchid decoration! The service was very attentive but we did not feel rushed. What a treat on a beautiful Sunday afternoon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WellyDined on 10/17/2014Pomme is a delightful restaurant with delicious food and a European atmosphere. It is one of our favorite places to eat in the central Virginia area. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Service excellent. Bit expensive and had to send back my rack of lamb because it was overcooked (came our medium/well vrs rare/medium). Had NO problem doing it and staff very understanding. Wife really enjoyed the meal. Nice selections on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner a Cafe PommeIndianaKatDined on 10/15/2014After making a 6:45pm res on-line, we arrived and were quickly seated. Very nice atmosphere, with exception of the golf pics, although that is a personal taste. I had the Escargot, Lamb and Crème Brule. My husband had the Cheese/Salad, Duck and shared the Crème Brule. The appetizers, my Escargot with wild mushrooms and a delicious cream sauce was the best ever. My Lamb, with a mustard rub ordered medium rare with delicious seasonal veggies was superlative. The only detraction was the au gratin risotto, or what ever it was, it was cold on the plate when served. Still somewhat tasty, but cold. Dan really enjoyed his salad with 5 different cheeses. His duck and veggies were very good, but his risotto same. The CB was set/great! Overall YummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this placeJim3Dined on 10/11/2014This family owned and operated French restaurant is a gem. Whenever we can we make a detour to include this on our itinerary. Almost like being in France.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful bistro.BookFairieVIPDined on 10/11/2014We LOVE this restaurant. The food is superb and very consistent. The wait staff is friendly and professional. We wish we lived closer, but can only get there when visiting our son at UVA. So worth the trip over to Gordonsville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Delicious and comfy atmosphere! Staff was awesome.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014The food and service were superb! i highly recommend the petit filet, it was perfection. The ambiance was warm and charming. A wonderful place to enjoy food and friendship.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/9/2014absolutely fabulous!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Special Features:
- A real gem!RichmonderDined on 10/5/2014Wonderful meal and the service was exceptional. This was my first time eating here and will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PBearDined on 10/5/2014My wife and I have dined at Restaurant Pomme several times and have never been disappointed. The consistency in quality of food and service is remarkable and we feel lucky to have a restaurant of this quality in our area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- macmDined on 10/4/2014Excellent and friendly attentive service. The food is delicious! Guy takes great pride in pairing a perfect wine with each course. Expensive, but worth it.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysvadinerDined on 9/28/2014If you are looking for a gem of a French restaurant -- The Pomme Gordonsville is for you. The food is outstanding with a menu that changes regularly as well as many specials. The service is always great. Give this place a try and your will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- What a Nice PlaceFredDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I visited Restaurant Pomme on the way home from Charlottesville. Loved the food, ambience, service and wine list. Beautiful presentation. This is a little gem in Gordonsville that I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperiencePAvisitor14Dined on 9/26/2014This was exquisite. The ambiance was warm and welcoming. The staff was attentive, gracious, & professional. The food was delicious and plated attractively. I will definitely visit again the next time I am in Gordonsville.Special Features:
- Viva la FranceRegularDinerDined on 9/20/2014This is a lovely French restaurant that reflects the "essence" of France, from the menu to the wines to the atmosphere, but not the snootiness. Lobster bisque was superb. Beet salad was attractive and delicious. We sampled veal and fish, both prepared perfectly. Tarte tatin was declared scrumptious. Good coffee to round out the evening.Special Features:
- Great FoodLindaVIPDined on 9/18/2014We were traveling to Virginia while visiting Montecello and had Restaurant Pomme recommended to us. We had a delightful traditional french meal. Everything was fresh and delicious from the appetizer to the dessert. The french bread was also fantastic. This was our favorite meal we had on our vacation while celebrating our 29th anniversary.Special Features:
- Should be 5 star butSouthernboundDined on 9/18/2014Nice layout lots of room, wonderful wine list, good was above average and a find in Gordonville. We were rushed through our meal (it was a Thrusday night and only 4 table were seated), our waiter was VERY standoffish, and real seem to not care, barely came by our table, the only we waited was when the table needed to be cleared but desert and check came real fast. The food was good enough that we would try it again but it really put a damper on my wife birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peacheyDined on 9/18/2014Attractive and delicious food with attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Meal...JeffVIPDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful meal in Gordonsville. A lovely surprise in this very quaint town. The food was superb and the wine list was excellent. Everything was perfectly cooked and well worth the price. If you are in the area, this is not a restaurant to miss.Special Features:
- Great restaurantFoolMeOnceVIPDined on 9/11/2014The quality of the food and the service here is exceptional. Nightly specials in addition to the outstanding menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Jewel in the Blue RigdeTBforlunchVIPDined on 9/4/2014Our dinner started with a very light but very tasty mousse; the other was a rare blend of baked avocado and Brie on a bed of frisée. My wife's lamb chops were perfectly prepared and grilled to perfection. The fish stew I had was extraordinary. The only challenge of the fish stew was its size. For the money the stew could have served two, but I couldn't stop until I was finished. The blend of a wide variety of fishes with a thick and savory broth were memorable. I have fish stew whenever I can, and found this stew to be the best in the region, including DC. In addition to the outstanding meal, the ambiance and service were outstanding. The wait staff is attentive and non intrusive. All elements contributed to a memorable dinner.Special Features:
- GiGiDined on 9/2/2014could not have been more disappointed---couldn't believe you took French Onion Soup off menu------The cold Salmon dish was tasteless! This was fourth time at the "Pomme" and my last !
- Gem in GordonsvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014We love this place. Great food, great chef, and team. They know what they are doing and it's always a treat to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningjackieDined on 8/26/2014I always look forward to dining at the Pomme. I usually eat lunches there and they are always super. I have never had a bad one. Jackie YoungSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Central VirginiaCzechthisoutDined on 8/22/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Pomme. As noted in numerous previous reviews, the food, atmosphere, and service were outstanding. Quite interesting menu, but we opted for one of the specials - monkfish with lobster sauce, which was beautifully presented with a potato/butternut squash puree and a unique green vegetable, tetragon. The combination was splendid and the wonderful taste is something we will remember for a long time. The head chef stopped by our table a couple of times and we greatly enjoyed talking about the food and the restaurant's history. We look forward to returning to Pomme in the future and to sharing the experience with other family members who enjoy first class dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReneeDined on 8/22/2014A true treasure in Gordonsville!! You will think you are in the French countryside! The owner visits for a personal "hello" and welcome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful French Cuisine!outoftowndatenightDined on 8/16/2014Everything about Pomme was amazing. The service was friendly, helpful, and attentive. The atmosphere was perfect, and of course the food was delicious! I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming- worth the driveddinerDined on 8/16/2014The food at Pomme was wonderful - 3 people, all had something different and all the dishes were great. The room is lovely, outside patio looked very nice as well. Will definitely go back, even though it's an hour drive for us.Special Features:
- The following 459 reviews are from the Restaurant Pomme reviews archive.
- beachgirlDined on 6/7/2014Veal was disappointing. Menu states medallions but the cut of meat served was tough and definitely not medallions. Lamb entree says blueberries in description but not ONE blueberry was on the plate. Server knew absolutely nothing about the wines and wasn't particularly pleasant. The desserts were AWFUL!Special Features:
- Excellent Lunch!perfectCowgirlDined on 6/6/2014Pomme is my go-to lunch restaurant to bring my out of town guests. The food is amazing, the decor beautiful and I would call the atmosphere "sophisticated-country". Thanks for such a wonderful destination and delicious meal!Special Features:
- WaikikiWaikikiDined on 5/27/2014This was my second trip to Restaurant Pomme and everything (food, service, atmosphere, etc.) was fabulous. Well worth the hour drive to get there!Special Features:
- PommeFordingDined on 5/25/2014Always enjoy Restaurant Pomme. French country atmosphere with excellent food and service. Check out the on line menus but they always have specials when we have been there.Special Features:
- fabulous as usualvadinerDined on 5/25/2014Restaurant Pomme is a real gem. Food is always delicious. Very accommodating to special requests. The seving staff is very professional. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely gem in GordsonsvilleteadrinkerDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I celebrated our third anniversary at this lovely little French restaurant in downtown Gordonsville. We had a wonderful experience overall. My wife ordered the French onion soup and the filet with shallot sauce, and I had the cheese platter (with side salad) and a New York Strip special with truffle sauce. The appetizers were great (particularly my wife's soup, which wasn't quite like any French onion soup either of us had tasted previously), our steaks were very tender and appropriately done, and the sauces were excellent. The sautéed vegetables with the entrees were excellent. The desserts were phenomenal (best part of the meal!). We got the mousse au chocolat and mousse de fromage. Wonderful atmosphere, with beautiful decor.Special Features: