6078 Laurel St.
New Orleans, LA 70118Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://patoisnola.com/
- Phone: 5048959441
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday & Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Burgau
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Decided at the restaurant's discretion
- Private Party Facilities: Private functions are an option on Monday and Tuesday for a price depending on the number of guests and cuisine requested.
- Private Party Contact: Leon 5046158646
A word from Restaurant Patois
French inspired cuisine with heavy influence on local fresh ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Restaurant Patois - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Restaurant Patois reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (84)fit for foodies (71)special occasion (52)romantic (49)great for brunch (42)great for lunch (22)notable wine list (19)hot spot (17)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great food,away from tourist crowdGustaveDined on 9/11/2014A New Orleans gem, away from the French Quarter in a quiet neighbourhood. Great food (fresh drum amandine) and fantastic deserts (spectacular bananas foster bread pudding).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superbnola3Dined on 9/3/2014This was a great find. Our food was amazing and the staff was so nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch at PatoisNewOrleansFoodLoverVIPDined on 8/31/2014Had a marvelous brunch at Patois. Awesome burger with egg!Special Features:
- Awesome!martygrawVIPDined on 8/31/2014Everything was perfect. Seated on time. Our server was delightful and we had questions and she did a great job answering them. Food is fresh, just the right portions and very, very Good. Gumbo and omlets and fish were all Excellent choices for our groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestDrelaDined on 8/30/2014Discovered Patois three years ago and keep coming back! love it here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patois is a must visitPensioneBarrettDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful meal, fine setting, attentive, knowledgeable staff. A little pricier than anticipated, but worth it.Special Features:
- Great ChoiceAllisonDined on 8/28/2014Patois offered a nice selection for its Coolinary menu this year! Excellent presentation and very flavorful! The almond-crusted drum was cooked perfectly, and the slightly smaller portion was perfect for the prix fixe special! A fine value!Special Features:
- food was a bit disappointingNativeleafVIPDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant was busy and loud, but the staff noticed we were having trouble hearing each other they moved us to another table. The service was fine and attentive. My salad, however, was less than optimal. The shrimp were overdone and a bit tasteless, although the melon was very good. We had the short ribs with fries for our entree and did not like them at all. They had a bitter taste and were very chewy. Probably would steer folks away from this choice.
- NOLA fine diningABottleofRedDined on 8/22/2014We thought the food was excellent. Will come back during our next visit to New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This Patois isn't Common at AllKBLargoDined on 8/22/2014Patois means the dialect of the common people of a region. There is nothing common about this Patois. For an app we had the sizzling octopus. We usually get octopus grilled, but this wonderful, served in a crazy-hot iron skillet with lots of tomatoes and peppers. For a salad we had the crispy duck confit. Pickled peach vinaigrette dressing was fabulous and the duck leg was crispy so that the fatty parts were gone. For a soup we had the gumbo. It was super-rich and very tasty. While it was very good, it didn’t quite reach the heights of the other dishes. For entrees we had the gulf shrimp on chitarra pasta and the pork shop. Both were outstanding. For dessert we ended up with the “Snickers” and the peanut butter cup--delicious.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyPz400Dined on 8/20/2014The ambience and service are still great, but the food is no longer worth the high prices.Special Features:
- cschellDined on 8/20/2014I have frequented Patois since it opened and since then it has been a favorite. It's a beautiful space with owners who have attention to detail, work hard and present fantastic fare. It appears to have it's former owner, Mr. Norby's, blessing. The rabbit in all of its variations is a hit, as is the pheasant. Keep up the great work!Special Features:
- JitterbuggyDined on 8/17/2014Fried rabbit was particularly good for Sunday morning brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodKat1022Dined on 8/16/2014Wonderful food and charming atmosphere. Definitely some of the best food I have had in Nola. The sauces were divine and not overpowering. We shared two appetizers, the gnocchi with crab and the shrimp with fried grits and both were outstanding. Each of us tried a different entree, short ribs, rabbit, snapper, and pork chop. All of them were excellent. But the short ribs were the obvious winner with the house made worstershire sauce and handcut shoestring fries. Barely had room for dessert! Definitely will be trying Patois again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food, frosty servicenolarepatVIPDined on 8/14/2014The food at Patois is delicious... truly excellent special-occasion food, particularly the appetizers and desserts. However, my party of 3 was disappointed in the service, which was some of the worst service I've had at a fine-dining establishment in the city. Our waitress was frosty-cold, unfriendly, never smiled the entire meal, even as we tried our best to be friendly and warm. Questions were answered with one-word responses and she seemed eager to spend as little time at our table as possible. Her attitude cast a pallor over our meal, and made me reluctant to go back to Patois.Special Features:
- Always Great!CostaDined on 8/13/2014A true neighborhood gem with food that is always delicious. Warm, relaxed atmosphere and a great place to have an evening out!Special Features:
- Delicious Creative Food. Excellent!KSuzanneDined on 8/9/2014The food was fantastic. We especially loved the ceviche with popcorn. It was an unexpected combination but really turned out to be delicious. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and very friendly. We will definitely be going back to Patois regularly.Special Features:
- Always Worth GoingVJNolaYatDined on 8/9/2014Always had enjoyable dinners at Patois. This night must have been an off night...the salmon appetizer was excellent!! - Extremely good! The gumbo was disappointing (could taste the flour and the oysters were too soft). Gulf shrimp salad was yummy. The drum fish entree was outstanding. The peach sorbet was just OK. Felt a little rushed as we were early seating...but overall we love Patois.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great except for one thing!lovelocalDined on 8/8/2014We had absolutely no complaints except that I secured this reservation under the Open Table advertisement for the Coolinary Special. The fact that Patois did not honor this special on weekends was never mentioned when I made the reservation for a Fri nite. This is probably more a problem with Open Table than the restaurant, but please know that it did not start out our evening very well when we found out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for lunchBridgetVIPDined on 8/8/2014We arrived on time and seated right away. The restaurant was about half full. Our waitress asked if we wanted some brioche. I said yes, and it was so good. I had the veal pastrami sandwich. It came with fries. The sandwich was delicious, and fries too. I could only eat half, brought the rest home. My daughter had the gnocchi and the tuna cerviche, which was on the special menu. Both were very good. Great place for a nice, delicious lunch.Special Features:
- Neighborhood jeweluptown4yummyDined on 8/3/2014One of my favorite Uptown restaurants for brunch,lunch,or dinner. I love introducing friends to it because Patois is not only charming but has an amazing menu with foods from local fresh markets. It never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as big a deal as they thinkJMNOLAVIPDined on 8/2/2014There was absolutely nothing at all wrong with our dinner but I wonder what the big deal is. Everything was fine. Food was pretty good or better. The service was terrific. No flies on any aspect of the dinner..............but it seems that the ownership seems to have an overly hight opinion of mose aspects of Patois. There are too many fine restaurants in this city to get particularly excited about this one.Special Features:
- Good food but priceyLGDmanDined on 7/31/2014We went there for a birthday dinner and the food was quite good, albeit a tad pricey ($200 for two people with two drinks apiece). The noise was louder than we would have liked but not overwhelming. Drapes would have been a nice touch to absorb some of that sound.Special Features:
- Just rightnolastasherDined on 7/30/2014The food is creative but not crazy. Service is friendly and capable. Energetic atmosphere, but not too loud to have a conversation while you eat. Desserts are small but interesting. A favorite with Uptown locals, but visitors are quite welcome.Special Features:
- exceptional servicecubsfanatic1VIPDined on 7/19/2014The food was terrific as was the ambiance. But what stood out most was the service. They didn't have the alcohol I wanted so they ran up the block to another restaurant to get it. I was truly impressed.Special Features:
- great neighborhood restaurantnicknameVIPDined on 7/19/2014Patios continues to serve very good meals in a neighborhood setting. This place can be loud when busy, but the service and good are excellent. The nightly specials are very good, and they have an excellent sunday brunch as well. worth the trip even with tough parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patois is amazin!ekmekDined on 7/18/2014The food is absolutely fabulous. Pork cop was heavenly. Tomato and watermelon salad--wow! The craft cocktails are phenomenally good and complex. Very interesting and tasty. The service is excellent. Chef Burgau came out and talked with us. I highly, highly, highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- True to it's name...PatoisSingerDined on 7/16/2014Any language considered "nonstandard".. This restaurant truly is any food "nonstandard". Our meal began with freshly harvested morel mushrooms, picked the day before, over toasted bread with a white sauce - absolutely outstanding!. The homemade pasta with shrimp, the fresh snapper with crab and shrimp - all the freshest and beautifully prepared - melted in your mouth with bursts of delicious flavors. And, they have their own vegetable/herb garden. The desert, banana pudding bread pudding...well, you get the idea. This is our 3rd trip to Patois and will not be our last. It is a little corner that needs to be discovered by everyone! And say "hello" to Aaron, the Chef and Owner. He enjoys getting to know his customers.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014Had a lovely brunch. Food and service were great. Lamb ribs were delicious. Drinks were thoughtful and tasty. I would recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent menu & serviceGrapeDrankDined on 7/3/2014Lots of great choices on the menu, something for any discerning tastes. Service was very attentive but not intrusive. Food as good as anywhere in the city. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!KarohlynnDined on 6/27/2014This restaurant has a great atmosphere with awesome service and delicious food! TRIPLE THREAT! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing... AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014We love patois. This was the second visit and we were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ESGuidryDined on 6/15/2014Always delicious and great atmosphere! We had a wonderful Father's Day brunch and can't wait to come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic First Datemdbjr746Dined on 6/14/2014Our server was amazing, the food was impeccable, and the restaurant is quiet being tucked away into the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceNolafoodieDined on 6/11/2014Patois is not to be missed, and yet most people will. It's located in a cozy historic building in a beautiful Uptown neighborhood. The food is sublime, the service perfect, and the ambience charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/8/2014Went there for a late brunch. Food was amazing. The only thing I wanted but they ran out of was bloody marry mixSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Local's RestaurantEdwardVIPDined on 6/6/2014This was our first time to Patois and we had heard some great things from friends who live in New Orleans. We were not disappointed. We were blown away by the squash blosum appetizer and the sweetbreads. As for the entrees, they were just as impressive. We had the drum fish, rabbit (which is a house specialty and deserved so), and crawfish pasta. They were all outstanding! Add the great ambiance and it all adds up to an amazing night!Special Features:
- A winnernoladinrDined on 6/4/2014Our server Karen was fantastic, engaging, helpful without being intrusive, and very knowledgeable about the menu and the capabilities of the kitchen, which will readily accommodate dietary wishes (gluten-free, etc.). Excellent wine and desserts. Reasonable price for the experience. Extremely fresh ingredients and novel presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightgardnnutDined on 5/31/2014What a special treat on our date night (after 42 years we are still at it) to indulge in the scrumptious food and elegant service. We regretted not ordering the Soft Shell Crab which filled the plate, but the Fish Almondine and Stuffed Rabbit were above our expectations.Special Features:
- Lackluster food on a busy nightNoladininggalDined on 5/30/2014My husband and I went on Friday Night. I understand it is more busy than a weeknight. We had reservations and then had to wait at the bar another 25 minutes. Service was great once we were sat. But all of our dishes were lacking flavor. We had a total of 6 dishes and really didnt care for any of them. The meal was just a complete disappointment.