3630 Park Street
Jacksonville, FL 32205Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantorsay.com/
- Phone: 9043810909
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm. Sunday Brunch 11:00 - 4:00pm. Sunday Dinner 5:00 - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Brian Siebenschuh
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Restaurant Orsay understands that when we cater your event, we don’t just bring in our trained staff, and our delicious food–we bring a commitment to bringing your vision to life. Our talented staff will liaise with the florist, the musicians, and even the rental company to ensure that every detail is perfected. Our chefs will work with you to create a culinary event to be proud of, which also reflects your personality and any dietary considerations.
Because we know you aren’t just interested in dinner, you want an experience worth sharing.
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room at Restaurant Orsay is the perfect balance between style and substance. Designed to evoke feelings of lush intimacy, the space is nonetheless perfect for meetings and conferences as well. State of the art audiovisual equipment is available as well as high-speed internet.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Jarvis 9043810909
A word from Restaurant Orsay
Established in 2008, Restaurant Orsay is a combined effort between partners Jonathan Insetta & Brian Siebenschuh. We strive, along with every member of our staff, to provide a warm, genuine dining experience without pretense in a bustling, fun atmosphere with smiling, attentive service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Restaurant Orsay - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
Restaurant Orsay reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (150)special occasion (131)neighborhood gem (109)notable wine list (94)romantic (91)hot spot (51)great for brunch (48)vibrant bar scene (32)good for groups (29)late-night find (16)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I took my wife for anniversary and we loved the treatment, ambience, special touches, our server, and especially the food! Great customer service !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made the AnniversaryDepotCharlieDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful server was attentive but relaxed. Food was impeccably prepared with a complexity of flavors that was refreshing and will bring us back again. Will tell all how enjoyable our night was. Bravo!Special Features:
- One of Jacksonville's best..gbeereDined on 10/12/2014Super easy reservations with Open Table..Anniversary brunch. Great experience. The food is always amazing but our favorite part about Orsay is the customer service. Every person working in the restaurant was engaging, polite, and personable. Nice touches like champagne to celebrate and something as simple as the receptionist wishing us a happy anniversary as we left was great. Who ever trains the staff deserves every penny they are paid. These people have nailed it.Special Features:
- Hard to believejbeatsDined on 10/12/2014Hard to believe we were in a Jacksonville restaurant. The food was great. What can I say about the Bloody Mary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite jax restaurantDebbiegDined on 10/10/2014still one of our favorite jax restaurants - food and service is always great. We had reservations and were seated in the newer back dining room. Room was lovely, but we missed sitting in the original dining room near te kitchen. As foodies, we like to watch the kitchen activity and will request that location next time, but otherwise great experience as always. Brian our server was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I never liked duck ..... Until now!GlutenFreeDinerDined on 10/5/2014The summer cassoulet was outstanding. The crisp outer skin sealed in all the flavor and the fowl ever so moist and delicious. It sat atop field peas, grape tomatoes, bacon and a savory rue. My wife had the duck breat and we paired it with a smoky Pinot noir from Sonoma. The braised brussel sprouts and bacon was nice side to add depth of flavor to our meal. The creme brûlée was paired with a Hungatain dessert wine that made your whole mouth explode with hints of caramel and honey. Overall, it was a marvelous dining experience and can't be recommended highly enough. I am so appreciative of their fine cuisine as I have Celiac's Disease and our entire entire meal was gluten free!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchHappyDiner1Dined on 10/5/2014Wonderful food, great atmosphere, fabulous service!Special Features:
- Wonderful Meal & Nicely PricedchooseanicknameDined on 10/4/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our first evening at Orsay. The food was very good from beginning to end and the service was great as well. We were even pleasantly surprised by the prices NOT being as high as they could have been for the quality of food and service comparable at other fine dining establishments. The small plates served during happy hour were especially nice. We will definitely return for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungry7Dined on 10/3/2014The food here is incredible. We both ordered fish dishes, although different ones. I had the Carolina trout. The haricot vert (green beans) that came with the trout were the best I have ever had. We ordered a side of brussel sprouts with had chunks of smoked bacon-wonderful. Both fish dishes were cooked to perfection. We skipped bread so that we would have room for dessert. We shared the mocha dessert and the chocolate one. They were both excellent. We will be back next time we are in Jax. When I rated the noise level for this review know that there are 3 different rooms in which to be seated for dinner. It was noisier in the middle room with the open bar. Our room was much quieter, which we preferred.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/3/2014We have eaten at Orsay for years and the food has always been wonderful. This time my husband had beef stroganoff and said it was terrible. He has ordered it before and thought it was fine. I am not sure if they changed the preparation or if it was just a bad night but it was unfortunate.Special Features:
- Change the menuVillaRiva4Dined on 10/3/2014I was disappointed to find that in the 5 years that I have eaten at Orsay, the menu NEVER changes. A good restaurant ought to change its menu at least every season, or 4 times a year. Until the menu changes, I won't be back.Special Features:
- Immaculate dining experience!AnthronoleDined on 10/2/2014First time at Orsay and it exceeded expectations. The ambiance is perfect. The chef combines a variety of ingredients that dance and tease yet satisfy the pallette. Our server was polite, friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice in JacksonvilleRalph70Dined on 10/2/2014The wine list is superb, though pricey. The menu options are eclectic with a bent toward seafood. Our service was first rate.Special Features:
- MemorableStubbyDined on 9/28/2014Orsay was the perfect place to celebrate our 29th anniversary. Everything was perfect. The food was spectacular, service extraordinary, and ambiance set a romantic setting. This is now are #1 restaurant in Jacksonville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treatDoloresDined on 9/28/2014Our waiter was fun, our group of 4 sampled so many foods, we enjoyed the menu, we liked our food. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious BrunchHungryJoDined on 9/28/2014Once again, a wonderful brunch. The French Onion Soup is always relish. I also enjoyed the Croque Madame, it was a better version that any I've had in the past. My husband had the Chicken Fried Berkshire Pork chop and it was fantastic. Our server was very knowledgable. Great Bloody Mary. Always worth the trip from the beach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timeluv2dineDined on 9/26/2014Great food, great service, but loud mouthed patron that overpowered several tables was disheartening. He needed to be asked to leave. Ruined several tables dinner experience. He sat at den area right inside by front desk area. Even wait staff noticed, and was brought to their attention by several tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but slow servicecleocatDined on 9/26/2014Given that it was 7pm on Friday night; nevertheless, the service was very slow. Our waiter was great and kept apologizing for the wait, so it must have been the kitchen's fault. Even the drinks and wine service were too slow. As usual, the food was outstanding, once we got it. I had the scallops and my date had the mussels and both were delicious. I'm afraid that Orsay is beginning to expand its its capacity with outside tables while the staff and kitchen are unable to keep up with the demand. It would be a shame to see Orsay go the way of other popular restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!TheSilentFoodieDined on 9/26/2014We enjoyed our visit. It was our first time to Orsay's. It was recommended to us by a few acquaintance and we will definitely return. The ambiance, the food, and the staff were superb. The location wasn't the best but it works i suppose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Amazing!TanyaDined on 9/26/2014I live around the corner from Restaurant Orsay.... I have eaten there a least three dozen times, Restaurant Orsay has been perfect every time. From the beginning to end it is truly an amazing experience.Special Features:
- Great foodFood4thoughtDined on 9/23/2014At first I was skeptical because it was somewhat loud and everyone there was much older than my boyfriend and I (we're in our 20s). Then I saw the menu and it was pretty pricey. I have to say it was SO WORTH IT! The food was EXCELLENT! The wine was amazing. And desert was to die for. My boyfriend even said he would come back just for more creme brûlée! Service was great as well. The food and experience was definitely worth the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday. It was a great pick. The food was really good. The filets were cooked just as we asked and they were seasoned to perfection. They were very tender and delicious. The banana bread pudding was amazing, Definitely a must have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive!!!theromanticDined on 9/20/2014I took my girlfriend here for a romantic night out and was disappointed. While the food was excellent, the service was not and the prices were ridiculous. I even reserved a table the day before to ensure a good table only to find we were jammed in a corner next to a large loud party. For the money there are much better places in town. I recommend one of the restaurants in san marco or on the river for better high end dining and service.Special Features:
- Fabulous FoodMEH55Dined on 9/20/2014You can't go wrong eating here. I've never had a bad meal at Orsay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining experienceDonRayDDined on 9/15/2014Went here for my friends 2 year anniversary and had a great experience. Great atmosphere, excellent food, and an all around memorable experience.Special Features:
- Great foodMartinDined on 9/14/2014Food was great and service was good. It was our second visit and we will be back for more...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sour ExperienceWanderingFoodieVIPDined on 9/14/2014Been coming here for years now and was disappointed to be presented with two different checks. Long story short, first check incorrect, second check higher after using $5 coupon and wine "forgotten" on first added to 2nd. I don't like games...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit off todayJaxfoodieDined on 9/14/2014Usually my experience here is quite good. We had dinner, then came the next day for brunch. This review is for brunch. From the first moment everything was rushed. The server was impatient, short and unfriendly. My potatoes had no onion, the eggs were very overcooked and she debated it and grabbed the plate while I was eating my steak, and I had to ask her to bring it back. In fact, I can say I hated my experience this day. It was uncomfortable and stressful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014The most accommodating restaurant with the best food, drinks, wine list and service. Cannot say enough about the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They don't need usyumloverDined on 9/7/2014The most annoying thing is that when you call the restaurant and the recording tells you to leave a message requesting your reservation preferences, the line cuts off and you can't leave a message. That, to me, is so arrogant - they do not need you to come because they have plenty of patrons already. Sounds of pans crashing to the floor, 5 min. + to get a glass of wine and a martini... Food good but no better than many other restaurants at same price point. Certainly not worth the drive from beach to Riverside. Had heard so many great things about Orsay from others, disappointed to say the least.Special Features:
- one of a kindjamielnrDined on 9/6/2014Took my wife for her birthday. Big points! The cheese plate with steak tartar yum! Lobster potpie, duck confi so so so good. Creme brulee with chocolate mousse and caramel popcorn ice cream. .. are you kidding me!!! The cherry on top of this experience wad the service. Top notch and by that i don't just mean your glass stays full, which it does, but also the knowledge of the server about the wine list How the food is prepared recommendations that make sense and are based on your food taste. This is resterant done right. Go enjoy and your welcome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To die forRonBDined on 9/5/2014We expected great things, but the food was even better. This might be Jacksonville's best. Service was exceptional and the experience was just delightful.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceMwisdomDined on 9/5/2014From the moment we walked in the door we felt welcome and special. Our waiter was very informative and knowledgeable even making several suggestions. My wife enjoys a particular style of wine and our waiter was on the ball with his suggestion to her. Once our orders were taken it was a very short wait for the food to come out. I opted for the Lobster Poet Pie and my wife went with the Seared Sea Scallops. Both entrees were delicious and cooked appropriately. I appreciated the southern touch to the lobster dish with the sweet biscuit standing in for the pot pie's crust. Desserts were a bit slow coming out -- staff kept coming by to say they were on their way. But, when they did they were wonderful. It was a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Orsday never fails.onepatDined on 9/3/2014We had a lovely meal. We were left to enjoy our appetizers and cocktails at our pace - great cheeses, etc. When we were ready to order dinner, our server was most helpful with his recommendations...and they were spot on. Had a wonderful Pinot Noir that was surprisingly affordable (I know what it retails for!). All in all, a delightful evening and eating experience.Special Features:
- A Jax gemranoboDined on 8/31/2014We recently relocated to Saint Augustine from Connecticut and had begun to explore the restaurant scene in the area and had beenn pleased to date. But discovering Orsay has convinced us that the Jacksonville area has a lot to offer for foodies besides the typical national chains. From the time we stepped into Orsay, we were impressed with the attention to service as we were immediately seated. Brian, our waiter, gave us a brief overview of the restaurant and explained the menu. We started with wonderful and tasty cocktails. We moved on to oysters wich were excellent. Our main courses, duck breast and coq au vin were superb and well presented. Brian made an excellent choice on wine pairing. We topped it off with an excellent desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding diiner venuecedadDined on 8/31/2014The food and service is notable. Never had French onion soup as good as Orsay's. From the offering of an alternate color napkin to the dessert the voyage was exceptional. Our staff member, James, was friendly and prompt and his recommendations were spot-on. We will return.Special Features:
- Great service and foodDanielf32Dined on 8/29/2014Decided to take my boyfriend out for a nice meal. Booked a reservation through open table, arrived promptly at 745 and was seated within three mins of arriving. Service was fast and attentive. Food was amazing as always. Definitely recommend the escargot, they're great. The wine list is gigantic and the cocktails great for the alcohol lover in you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't disappoint you!Gracie1613VIPDined on 8/29/2014My husband & I have been going to Orsay and have never been disappointed. The menu offers a very good selection of appetizers along with a great selection of main courses and desserts! Also, what makes it even more enjoyable is the staff. They take care of you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doggyDined on 8/28/2014We chose to sit outside after recognizing that both the noise and lighting levels were bad inside. Noise will drive us away. The quiet places win, period.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!oaklandredheadVIPDined on 8/25/2014I do eat at good restaurants all the time. I travel a lot, plus I live in the Bay Area in California (com'on man!) The Pate!!! The Berkshire pork rillettes was served too cold, almost felt frozen. Now..this may never be served warm, but personally I think it would be better. The sour cherry marmalade with it was perfect. I had Beef Stroganoff which some may consider pedestrian, but I haven't had it often and it was soooo good. We also had duck leg confit, frickin perfectly crispy deliciousness! Server choose an interesting and great bottle of wine (alas, I don't have name at my fingertips). all in all a meal that was far superior to Bouchon in Vegas, a place much touted for fab French food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.