3630 Park Street
Jacksonville, FL 32205Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantorsay.com/
- Phone: (904) 381-0909
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm. Sunday Brunch 11:00 - 4:00pm. Sunday Dinner 5:00 - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Brian Siebenschuh
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Restaurant Orsay understands that when we cater your event, we don’t just bring in our trained staff, and our delicious food–we bring a commitment to bringing your vision to life. Our talented staff will liaise with the florist, the musicians, and even the rental company to ensure that every detail is perfected. Our chefs will work with you to create a culinary event to be proud of, which also reflects your personality and any dietary considerations.
Because we know you aren’t just interested in dinner, you want an experience worth sharing.
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room at Restaurant Orsay is the perfect balance between style and substance. Designed to evoke feelings of lush intimacy, the space is nonetheless perfect for meetings and conferences as well. State of the art audiovisual equipment is available as well as high-speed internet.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Jarvis 9043810909
A word from Restaurant Orsay
Established in 2008, Restaurant Orsay is a combined effort between partners Jonathan Insetta & Brian Siebenschuh. We strive, along with every member of our staff, to provide a warm, genuine dining experience without pretense in a bustling, fun atmosphere with smiling, attentive service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Restaurant Orsay - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
Restaurant Orsay reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (160)special occasion (137)neighborhood gem (118)notable wine list (100)romantic (98)hot spot (56)great for brunch (48)good for groups (35)vibrant bar scene (35)late-night find (15)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Outstanding French RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2014Restaurant Orsay is one of my all-time favorite restaurants anywhere. It's a true Jacksonville gem. The food is truly incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top PerformertherovinggourmetVIPDined on 11/22/2014Orsay is always excellent - food and service. One of best trained and professional wait staff around this area. Food is consistently wonderful, interesting, fresh - with attention to detail. Specials are really "special". Orsay remains our favorite in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food that was too good to eat.aguilawildDined on 11/21/2014It was so so delicious and artful. We ate it and thought we had gone to heaven. The bartender Adam knew how to make our caipirinhas and our waiter was thoughtful and caring and attentive. The food, especially sauteed items such as the spinach was perfectly seasoned. And finally our Petit fours were all gone between the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently OutstandingAdmiralDined on 11/21/2014It is always a pleasure to dine at Restaurant Orsay. The food is prepared and served with perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousMasonDined on 11/21/2014Outstanding romantic dinner, a little taste of Paris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need helpfs4569Dined on 11/19/2014Too many customers, not enough employees. If you have plenty of time and don't mind if you have to wait for a table or a drink, it's worth it. But, if you expect to be seated at your reservation time and like to sip your drink, well ...Special Features:
- 25th Celebration choiceTNCFLDined on 11/18/2014First time visit to Orsay, 100% delivered in all respects. Will go back often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TriciaVIPDined on 11/15/2014What a wonderful evening celebrating friendship! Fabulous food and excellent table service.Special Features:
- Great food and great servicePWCMDDined on 11/14/2014We have dined at Orsay a number of times, each time with a different server. Servers had been competent but Patrick who took care of us this time was special. He knew the food and he knew the wine. My guest was gluten intolerant and Patrick helped her come up with an entrée that she could eat and she said it was delicious. My own entrée was delicious as well. Absolutely the only problem with this restaurant is the noise level which is beyond energetic. I found myself leaning across the table with one hand cupped around my ear in order to hear my guest. Although I prefer Orsay to other Jacksonville restaurants we will likely not dine here often simply because of the difficulty conversing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First trip won't be my lastJaxfiddlerDined on 11/9/2014I enjoyed an evening at Restaurant Orsay this past Sunday. The occasion was my husband's birthday, and the event did not disappoint. We had amazing cocktails while awaiting the rest of our party.....the "house" gin and tonic is not to be missed. For our salad course, I enjoyed the spinach salad and my husband had the green bean salad. Both excellent. My husband and I enjoyed the pork chop entree.....delicious. My husband was surprised with a creme brulee, complete with lit candle, as a birthday treat. Our server was a bit distant at first, but warmed up during the course of the evening. I can definitely say that our first trip to Orsay will not be our last.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceLindaDined on 11/8/2014Our server was Patrick and he was great. All of the employees went out of their way to make sure we had a great experience. Food was good but I would not say fantastic. We will definitely return because the employees make the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20th anniversaryDisappointedDined on 11/8/2014I was looking for a romantic place to spend out anniversary and I am little disappointed with my 1st experience with Orsay. We were seated so close to another couple that I was closer to the man next to me than I was my wife across from me. I asked to be moved and we were moved to a similar situation although the other couple was not as close this time. I did ask if we could be seated at the table by its self behind us and was told NO (no one sat at that table until we were leaving) and there were other (solo) tables that could have been used that were not. We seemed to be grouped together to make it easy on the servers.....one long table along the back wall. $30 for 3 scallops and some risotto. I did get free dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We had an exceptional time at Orsay. The food was great. They have a fantastic wine list and Bourbons that I never knew existed. Orsay has made our list of date night places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!sandm239Dined on 11/1/2014We were late with our reservation due to the FL-GA game traffic but the hostess greeted us with welcome smiles. Our server (and the entire staff) was excellent and was most knowledgeable about the entire menu. Great recommendations on the wine, oysters and mushroom bisque. Everything that we had on the menu was outstanding (escargot, lobster pot pie, bouillabaisse, duck and steak frites). Appreciated the extra effort provided by our server on the wine and desert. Attention to detail including filling empty glasses of water and replenishing silverware after each course was second to none. Great dining experience and look forward to returning to Orsay next time in Jax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ ServiceOrdinaryJoeDined on 10/31/2014The young lady who took care of us was an ardent example of customer service. Hats off…thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeAnettlesDined on 10/31/2014We chose orsay for my dad's 59th birthday and there was not an ounce of disappointment. The mushroom bisque was to die for. We enjoyed the appetizers and entrees as well. Our server Patrick was spectacular and attentive. We will definitely go back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!omarinDined on 10/30/2014I loved ot, great steak, fantastic list of wines and/exceptional customer service. It won't be my last visit.Special Features:
- Special OccasionjackcityDined on 10/25/2014We can not wait to go back again. At Orsay the food is great and the service was more than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There were mistakesdavisDined on 10/24/2014We ordered two old fashioned's with jalapeno bitters that came out completely undrinkable. It tasted like we were drinking pure jalapeno bitters. The escargot was unflavored, but it sits on a bed of buttery garlic mushrooms, so in reality it is an expensive dish of sauteed mushrooms. Our final check at this restaurant was twice as much as we have spent at other places that have included wine pairings and 6 course tasting menus. I am disappointed that we spent so much here when we could have had much better food,experience, and drinks elsewhere. For our next anniversary we will do Matthews or Ice Plant.Special Features:
- One of Very Best in JacksonvilleAdmiralDined on 10/24/2014Superb menu using many locally grown & seasonally appropriate items. Service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, small portionsbeentheredonethatDined on 10/23/2014Good food and great service, unfortunately you will most likely leave hungry unless you fill up on bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server Brian made it happenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Five of us girls went to Orsay's for Brunch. The food was great, but Brian made it happen. We ordered a bottle of Sparkling wine and just when he was going to open it I asked if he could saber the bottle.....sure enough we went outside and he opened the bottle much to our excitement. Fun for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceKellersonDined on 10/18/2014I took my wife for anniversary and we loved the treatment, ambience, special touches, our server, and especially the food! Great customer service !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Jacksonville?SouthernSueDined on 10/18/2014We decided on Restaurant Orsay based on the reviews from several web sites (including OpenTable). Can't be. I ordered Coq au Vin, my husband ordered flounder. What I got was a grilled chicken breast sitting on a mound of gravy. Julia Child rolled over in her grave. Although it was replaced without any fuss by a good beef stroganoff, the manager ascribed the dish to an "innovative" chef. I'll say! We heard they will be representing Jacksonville at the Super Bowl in New York next January. Good luck with that!
- Made the AnniversaryDepotCharlieDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful server was attentive but relaxed. Food was impeccably prepared with a complexity of flavors that was refreshing and will bring us back again. Will tell all how enjoyable our night was. Bravo!Special Features:
- One of Jacksonville's best..gbeereDined on 10/12/2014Super easy reservations with Open Table..Anniversary brunch. Great experience. The food is always amazing but our favorite part about Orsay is the customer service. Every person working in the restaurant was engaging, polite, and personable. Nice touches like champagne to celebrate and something as simple as the receptionist wishing us a happy anniversary as we left was great. Who ever trains the staff deserves every penny they are paid. These people have nailed it.Special Features:
- Hard to believejbeatsDined on 10/12/2014Hard to believe we were in a Jacksonville restaurant. The food was great. What can I say about the Bloody Mary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite jax restaurantDebbiegDined on 10/10/2014still one of our favorite jax restaurants - food and service is always great. We had reservations and were seated in the newer back dining room. Room was lovely, but we missed sitting in the original dining room near te kitchen. As foodies, we like to watch the kitchen activity and will request that location next time, but otherwise great experience as always. Brian our server was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I never liked duck ..... Until now!GlutenFreeDinerDined on 10/5/2014The summer cassoulet was outstanding. The crisp outer skin sealed in all the flavor and the fowl ever so moist and delicious. It sat atop field peas, grape tomatoes, bacon and a savory rue. My wife had the duck breat and we paired it with a smoky Pinot noir from Sonoma. The braised brussel sprouts and bacon was nice side to add depth of flavor to our meal. The creme brûlée was paired with a Hungatain dessert wine that made your whole mouth explode with hints of caramel and honey. Overall, it was a marvelous dining experience and can't be recommended highly enough. I am so appreciative of their fine cuisine as I have Celiac's Disease and our entire entire meal was gluten free!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchHappyDiner1VIPDined on 10/5/2014Wonderful food, great atmosphere, fabulous service!Special Features:
- Wonderful Meal & Nicely PricedchooseanicknameDined on 10/4/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our first evening at Orsay. The food was very good from beginning to end and the service was great as well. We were even pleasantly surprised by the prices NOT being as high as they could have been for the quality of food and service comparable at other fine dining establishments. The small plates served during happy hour were especially nice. We will definitely return for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungry7Dined on 10/3/2014The food here is incredible. We both ordered fish dishes, although different ones. I had the Carolina trout. The haricot vert (green beans) that came with the trout were the best I have ever had. We ordered a side of brussel sprouts with had chunks of smoked bacon-wonderful. Both fish dishes were cooked to perfection. We skipped bread so that we would have room for dessert. We shared the mocha dessert and the chocolate one. They were both excellent. We will be back next time we are in Jax. When I rated the noise level for this review know that there are 3 different rooms in which to be seated for dinner. It was noisier in the middle room with the open bar. Our room was much quieter, which we preferred.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/3/2014We have eaten at Orsay for years and the food has always been wonderful. This time my husband had beef stroganoff and said it was terrible. He has ordered it before and thought it was fine. I am not sure if they changed the preparation or if it was just a bad night but it was unfortunate.Special Features:
- Change the menuVillaRiva4Dined on 10/3/2014I was disappointed to find that in the 5 years that I have eaten at Orsay, the menu NEVER changes. A good restaurant ought to change its menu at least every season, or 4 times a year. Until the menu changes, I won't be back.Special Features:
- Immaculate dining experience!AnthronoleDined on 10/2/2014First time at Orsay and it exceeded expectations. The ambiance is perfect. The chef combines a variety of ingredients that dance and tease yet satisfy the pallette. Our server was polite, friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice in JacksonvilleRalph70Dined on 10/2/2014The wine list is superb, though pricey. The menu options are eclectic with a bent toward seafood. Our service was first rate.Special Features:
- MemorableStubbyDined on 9/28/2014Orsay was the perfect place to celebrate our 29th anniversary. Everything was perfect. The food was spectacular, service extraordinary, and ambiance set a romantic setting. This is now are #1 restaurant in Jacksonville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treatDoloresDined on 9/28/2014Our waiter was fun, our group of 4 sampled so many foods, we enjoyed the menu, we liked our food. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious BrunchHungryJoDined on 9/28/2014Once again, a wonderful brunch. The French Onion Soup is always relish. I also enjoyed the Croque Madame, it was a better version that any I've had in the past. My husband had the Chicken Fried Berkshire Pork chop and it was fantastic. Our server was very knowledgable. Great Bloody Mary. Always worth the trip from the beach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timeluv2dineDined on 9/26/2014Great food, great service, but loud mouthed patron that overpowered several tables was disheartening. He needed to be asked to leave. Ruined several tables dinner experience. He sat at den area right inside by front desk area. Even wait staff noticed, and was brought to their attention by several tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.