3630 Park Street
Jacksonville, FL 32205Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantorsay.com/
- Phone: 9043810909
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm. Sunday Brunch 11:00 - 4:00pm. Sunday Dinner 5:00 - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Brian Siebenschuh
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Restaurant Orsay understands that when we cater your event, we don’t just bring in our trained staff, and our delicious food–we bring a commitment to bringing your vision to life. Our talented staff will liaise with the florist, the musicians, and even the rental company to ensure that every detail is perfected. Our chefs will work with you to create a culinary event to be proud of, which also reflects your personality and any dietary considerations.
Because we know you aren’t just interested in dinner, you want an experience worth sharing.
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room at Restaurant Orsay is the perfect balance between style and substance. Designed to evoke feelings of lush intimacy, the space is nonetheless perfect for meetings and conferences as well. State of the art audiovisual equipment is available as well as high-speed internet.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Jarvis 9043810909
A word from Restaurant Orsay
Established in 2008, Restaurant Orsay is a combined effort between partners Jonathan Insetta & Brian Siebenschuh. We strive, along with every member of our staff, to provide a warm, genuine dining experience without pretense in a bustling, fun atmosphere with smiling, attentive service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Restaurant Orsay - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
Restaurant Orsay reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (147)special occasion (147)neighborhood gem (116)romantic (113)notable wine list (100)great for brunch (59)hot spot (49)vibrant bar scene (33)good for groups (32)late-night find (22)great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (8)scenic view (1)Show More
- A Jax gemranoboDined on 8/31/2014We recently relocated to Saint Augustine from Connecticut and had begun to explore the restaurant scene in the area and had beenn pleased to date. But discovering Orsay has convinced us that the Jacksonville area has a lot to offer for foodies besides the typical national chains. From the time we stepped into Orsay, we were impressed with the attention to service as we were immediately seated. Brian, our waiter, gave us a brief overview of the restaurant and explained the menu. We started with wonderful and tasty cocktails. We moved on to oysters wich were excellent. Our main courses, duck breast and coq au vin were superb and well presented. Brian made an excellent choice on wine pairing. We topped it off with an excellent desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding diiner venueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food and service is notable. Never had French onion soup as good as Orsay's. From the offering of an alternate color napkin to the dessert the voyage was exceptional. Our staff member, James, was friendly and prompt and his recommendations were spot-on. We will return.Special Features:
- Great service and foodDanielf32Dined on 8/29/2014Decided to take my boyfriend out for a nice meal. Booked a reservation through open table, arrived promptly at 745 and was seated within three mins of arriving. Service was fast and attentive. Food was amazing as always. Definitely recommend the escargot, they're great. The wine list is gigantic and the cocktails great for the alcohol lover in you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't disappoint you!Gracie1613VIPDined on 8/29/2014My husband & I have been going to Orsay and have never been disappointed. The menu offers a very good selection of appetizers along with a great selection of main courses and desserts! Also, what makes it even more enjoyable is the staff. They take care of you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doggyDined on 8/28/2014We chose to sit outside after recognizing that both the noise and lighting levels were bad inside. Noise will drive us away. The quiet places win, period.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!oaklandredheadVIPDined on 8/25/2014I do eat at good restaurants all the time. I travel a lot, plus I live in the Bay Area in California (com'on man!) The Pate!!! The Berkshire pork rillettes was served too cold, almost felt frozen. Now..this may never be served warm, but personally I think it would be better. The sour cherry marmalade with it was perfect. I had Beef Stroganoff which some may consider pedestrian, but I haven't had it often and it was soooo good. We also had duck leg confit, frickin perfectly crispy deliciousness! Server choose an interesting and great bottle of wine (alas, I don't have name at my fingertips). all in all a meal that was far superior to Bouchon in Vegas, a place much touted for fab French food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSatniteDined on 8/23/2014Dinner here was a food adventure. The escargot was out of this world. We had duck breast and pork chops, both is which were memorable. The banana bread pudding was like none I've ever eaten. Incredible. You will love it but take your wallet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointingBarbDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is a long drive for us, so we don't go there often, but it is my favorite restaurant in town.Special Features:
- Ciao BellajaimelanourritureDined on 8/23/2014Orsay is a hidden gem to me. It is the kind of restaurant that I would expect to have a month long waiting list but instead there is always room for walk ins and last minute reservations. The food is beyond incredible, the chefs are pure food artists and the staff goes above and beyond each and every time.Special Features:
- Delish!judylauferDined on 8/22/2014As always, 5 Stars for everything - Serena our server was great, food great, just a great time enjoyed by our party of 4Special Features:
- Always Good.PeteDined on 8/20/2014Orsay never disappoints. Great food and service. I'm a regular.Special Features:
- Amazing.AmyMarieDined on 8/18/2014We had an amazing dining experience at Orsay. I had foie gras for the first time & it was to die for. Everyone in my party was thoroughly impressed with all aspects of their meal. I would recommend this place to all in The Jax area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedMaggieDined on 8/17/2014I've heard about Orsay for years but this was my first visit. I have to admit that I was a little intimidated by a French restaurant. I could not have been more pleasantly surprised! We went for Sunday brunch and everyone's food was delicious. Prices were very reasonable and the ambiance was very nice. Dessert was terrific - so definitely save the room for it. Very nice cheese and wine selection, and my next visit will be just for that purpose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply The Bestjmac0726Dined on 8/16/2014Brought my girlfriend here for her Birthday dinner. Night could not have been more perfect. Five stars in all categories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad time at OrsayOrsayFanDined on 8/16/2014I have been to Orsay many times over the years, even back to when it was called Crush, and I can honestly say that it is my favorite restaurant in Jacksonville because you can rely on their high standard of service and quality of food. Easily the best kept secret in town for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food bad serviceCodyDined on 8/15/2014Food was great but server disappeared after taking orderSpecial Features:
- Awesome!BrettDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I went for a special occasion and were not disappointed. The service was polite, attentive but not hovering and prompt. The food was fantastic. Pricey but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic birthday dinner!GiaroseDined on 8/14/2014Took my boyfriend to Orsay for his birthday. We got there earlier than our reservation (for happy hour), but they were able to easily accomodate us. Food was phenomenal! He & I both raved about our dishes - bouillabaisse & the scallops. Wow! We will be back again soon, no doubt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT BIRTHDAY DINNEROpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014We had a lovely dinner with wonderful food: a cheese tray, trout, snapper and steak with the perfect house salad. An assortment of desserts rounded out the menu - all fabulous. We had blueberry cheesecake, macaroons, cookies and a divine plate of three house ice creams. Highly recommend! The service was first-rate too.Special Features:
- I would give 4 or 5 stars for foodGandT525Dined on 8/14/2014Wife and I were there for birthday dinner. Everything was good but for one thing- the lobster pot pie was sorely overcooked- kind of an unforgivable mistake considering the caliber of dining this was. We both ordered it because we heard it was a signature dish. A sharp knife is served prior but even that was not quite sharp enough and the meat was very chewy. Otherwise a good experience. Wife and I have dined at Le Continental and Le Saint Amour so we have fine dined before. Yes we will go back but we were put on notice from that experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly FrenchTresBienDined on 8/13/2014The food is cooked fresh by order. It was served hot and within a readonable time. The waiters have a exelent knowledge about the ingredients of the dishes and the service is exelent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orsay nothing to sayAngelDined on 8/12/2014A very nice ambience with a great service and good drinks but flavorless foodSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014This restaurant was an unexpected find while visiting Jacksonville. Everything was top notch, great cocktail bar, including one if the best mocktails of the week for my 16 yr old daughter, always a good sign of a talented mixologist. Service and food were wonderful across the board. I would recommend this restaurant highly to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ambianceMsDebbaGDined on 8/12/2014Great food and service. There wasn't a thing on our table of 6 that I didn't enjoy and I had the scallops, tasted the lobster pot pie and the fish special which was the best meal on the table! The bread pudding with banana and caramel was to die for! The blue point oysters were awesome too!Special Features:
- simply excellent and elegantletseatDined on 8/11/2014All of the elegance and delicious food you want without pretense. The music was great, the servers and hosts were wonderful, the decor is relaxing yet elegant. The food and drinks were enough to rate a 5!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingyoubabyeeDined on 8/10/2014The food was fantastic and our waiter was wonderful. The best meal we have had in Jacksonville. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Love to come back againTravel4foodDined on 8/9/2014Great service and overall we had a pleasant evening. The cocktails were delicious and it featured a few seasonal drinks made with gin and vodka. The food was outstanding and we both enjoyed our meal very much. While the soup du jour, gazpacho, was not traditional, it was tasty and refreshing. For our main course, we had the steak frites and the mussel frites. The steak was perfectly seasoned and cooked, the mussels were well-spiced in a white wine broth. Fries were crispy and paired with a garlic aioli. Our only regret was not saving some room for dessert!Special Features:
- Traveler55Dined on 8/8/2014This was our first visit to Restaurant Orsay. We arrived early to have a drink at the bar and enjoy some nibbles. The bar service and nibbles were great. I am sure it is always a dilemma for a restaurant -- ask your customers to either control their children or remove them. Our guess is that people at the large table in the bar area who had children with them are perhaps 'regulars'. But these kids were out of control, running around, running into people, etc., and the parents seemed oblivious to it all. It was a big initial damper to the beginning of our celebration evening. However, after we were seated at our table for dinner, everything turned around. The service was exceptional and the food was delicious! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!MEH55Dined on 8/7/2014Every time I go to Jacksonville, I make sure I get to Orsay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs more of a personal feelingAJ20Dined on 8/2/2014Very nice overall. Needs a more personal feel to the Restaurant. Smaller sized Restaurant so there is very little space between your table and the table next to you which takes away the personal feeling that most Restaurants with Orsays quality have. Otherwise the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too NoisyDarnpilotDined on 8/2/2014Second time I have tried this restaurant. We (my GF and I) were seated in front of the kitchen...very noisy and frenetic area of the restaurant. The seating is not very private, in fact most of the seating options have you sitting right next to other diners...maybe 24" away? So, not romantic in the least. Very expensive. We had one appetizer we shared and an entree each, (only water to drink) and the bill (less tip) was $98.00. The quality of the food seemed fine, but the receipes were only so-so, certainly nothing special. I do not mind spending lavishly on good food, but on this occasion, the quality/portions/receipe made the "over-priced" conclusion and easy one to form. Two stars was well deserved. I will probably not return.
- Best in JaxFoodnaziDined on 8/2/2014Love this place....never a disappointment! Don't pass up the Escargot!! Everyone was happy with their meal and everyone had a different entree so I can't imagine that there is anything on the menu that isn't delicious. The Creme Brulee was the best I've had in Jax!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerbirthdaydinerDined on 8/1/2014We had an outstanding birthday dinner from beginning to end. Enjoyed the cocktails, the roasted oysters appetizer, the filet mignon and pork chop, and (especially) the creme brulee. Thanks!Special Features:
- First timersJaxFoodiesVIPDined on 8/1/2014This was our first visit and the food was delicious, the waiter was great and the atmosphere was good! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Reliably goodPaulaDined on 7/29/2014This was our 3rd visit to Orsay. As usual, everything was great. For an appetizer, I had the salmon tartar -- fabulous, juicy, unusual. My husband had the mushroom bisque. The waitress brought him extra bread because it was obvious he wanted to soak up ALL of it from his bowl. He then had the vegetarian pot pie, with mashed potato crust. He reported it was very good. I had the trout for the second time and found it cooked perfectly along with green beans and potato something or other that are also good. We never have dessert, so I can't weigh in on those.Special Features:
- Sub par customer service spoil mealHeavyFoodieDined on 7/26/2014The tone for this review and our meal was set when despite having reservation's we were seated in the extremely noisy bar. We asked to be reaccommodated but new table not much better. The waiter was pleasant and knowledgeable but brought us tap water after we asked for bottled water and then completely left off my side order of black truffle mac n cheese. My wife had the fish of the night a crispy skinned snapper which was prepared perfectly and was quite delicious. I had the cassoulet which good but not a star. For dessert I chose the banana bread pudding which was absolutely delicious. My wife chose the blueberry's n cream and found it to be fresh and light a perfect way to end a summer meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orsay Surpassed ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Great Restaurant, even if French isn't your favorite taste. The service was very attentive and did not rush the dining experience. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Jacksonville. There seemed to be a number of locals there which is always a good sign. Ask for the front dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!NolesRule1993Dined on 7/22/2014I took one of my C-level executives who was in town on a visit. We were both thoroughly impressed. I have also only been in Jacksonville for 5 months now but eat out for a living (sales). It is definitely one of the best restaurants I have been to thus far and I have been to many highly ranked restaurants in my short time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!TylerDined on 7/19/2014This restaurant is amazing! Love the ambience and the food was fantastic! I definitely recommend the truffle Mac and cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food gem!diner123Dined on 7/19/2014This is a great place - nice atmosphere, wonderful food, and amazing service. It is a must do when in Jacksonville!Special Features: