Restaurant Michael Schwartz
1775 Collins Ave
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Restaurant Michael Schwartz
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantmichaelschwartz.com/
- Phone: 3056121163x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 7:00 am - 11:30 am
Brunch: Sunday 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 6:00 pm-12:00 am
Fridays & Saturdays 6:00 pm - 1:00am
Martini Culture, curating original martini recipes from guest mixologists, takes place every Tuesday from 7-9:00 p.m. in The Raleigh's legendary Martini Bar.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Schwartz / Chef De Cuisine: Danny Ganem
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: It’s only fitting that the legendary Raleigh Hotel would have its special event menus composed James Beard Award Winning Chef Michael Schwartz. Inspired by The Raleigh’s storied legacy and the vibrant culture of South Beach, the special event menus feature thoughtfully influenced American fare and celebrate the very best of what a Chef Schwartz dining experience represents – a fresh, simple and pure approach to food and drink. From intimate gatherings to grand productions, the special event menus can be tailored to meet any need, while providing an unforgettable culinary experience.
- Special Events: Phone number: 305-916-6111
Email address: email@example.com
A word from Restaurant Michael Schwartz
Occupying the Raleigh Hotel's upper lobby and its iconic baroque pool deck, Restaurant Michael Schwartz offers diners a menu inspired by the rich history and singular charm of Miami Beach’s most iconic hotel property. Complete with the James Beard Award-winning chef’s hallmark seasonal ingredient-inspired Snacks, Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large and Sides, as well as renowned pastry chef Hedy Goldsmith's desserts, the restaurant will serve breakfast and lunch, a market fresh raw bar, and dinner daily, as well as poolside and bar service, boxed beach lunches, and a selection of items for in-room dining.Continued
The SLS Las Vegas is now open and taking dining reservations. Your table awaits. Book Now
The SLS Las Vegas is now open and taking dining reservations. Your table awaits. Book Now
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Restaurant Michael Schwartz - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Restaurant Michael Schwartz reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (33)fit for foodies (27)romantic (26)special occasion (17)good for groups (12)great for lunch (12)neighborhood gem (12)scenic view (12)great for brunch (9)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Best venue in South BeachsobeVIPDined on 10/15/2014The view of the Raleigh Hotel's pool area, all tropical and classical Art Deco, is simply stunning. Combine that with a creative and fresh menu of small and medium sized plates, and you have a perfect South Beach dining experience.Special Features:
- Great PlaceGoCanesDined on 10/14/2014My wife and I went to the restaurant for our anniversary!! The server, Ryan, was amazing and took very good care of us. We were very pleased with the food, which was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to expectationsPdotVIPDined on 10/1/2014We stayed at the Raleigh, so decided to try the restaurant our first night. The menu looks interesting, but our limited experience was not very good. Salads were carelessly prepared, with large strands of greens mounded and lots of stems. The dressing was tasty, though. The duck confit was so dry as to be almost inedible. The skirt steak was better, but was under seasoned and had large wedges of raw tomato added as an afterthought. Desserts were a highlight, especially the lemon bread pudding, lighter than it sounds. Service was fine, but the ubiquitous "gratuity included" practice is annoying
- Primarily Outdoor DiningYummyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Restaurant Michael Schwartz is primarily for outdoor dining. Take this into account when choosing to dine here. Miami Beach can be hot and sticky in the summer rainy season, and mosquitos and the like enjoy fine dining as well. But the food and drink at dinner are wonderful, the service we experienced was SoBe fun, and the pool view setting is relaxing. Don't be surprised when folks walk (or run) by dripping wet from a dip in the pool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodwestoneaterDined on 9/26/2014Great food; the groupper was fantastic as well the small plates we shared as appetizers. The service was friendly but a little slow, we ordered a side dish that never arrived and we had to ask twice for dessert before it got to the table. We loved the ambiance and the music was great. For sure we will coming back.Special Features:
- wonderful1shankiVIPDined on 9/20/2014delicious food...every morsel! the miami spice menu was superb! recommended to me by a server from JUVIA! just the best chairs and the servers were lovely...a great timeSpecial Features:
- Don't order the tuna melt.BarryVIPDined on 9/16/2014The food was teriffic, with the notable exception of the tuna melt. That was a mish-mosh of indistinguishable tastes, topped off by cold melted cheese. Most neighborhood diners or luncheonettes have a far superior tuna melt.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami Beach flavorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Amazing ambience. Good service and some interesting choices on the lunch, brunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sbnfrbnDined on 9/13/2014It was very hot outside and so we ate indoors for lunch. It was wonderful. Food was delicious, service was excellent. Our waiter Joey was fabulous and could not have been more accommodating. We would request him again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good atmosphereFLLDinerDined on 9/12/2014Great outdoor setting. Although some thought it was strange we were seated so close to the pool and guests were still swimming. Food is creative and nice variety. Very good, but not overwhelming and fantastic. Cocktails were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful cuisineJEastCobbDined on 9/9/2014This is one of the great SoBe restaurants. The menu is filled with great dishes. I did the Miami Spice menu this night which was wonderful. The Grilled Calamari was delicious, but the Chicken Liver Mousse was not my favorite taste. Both the Snapper and Lamb Loin entrees were fantastic as was the Mango Cake dessert. The outdoor seating is interesting, unique and romantic, so choose a beautiful night and perhaps request outdoors in your reservation. You will not be disappointed. This is a higher end restaurant, so be prepared for a nice bill, but it is worth it.Special Features:
- Loved itEricDined on 8/23/2014Great poolside view. Delicious Miami spice lunch.Special Features:
- Some Like it HotFoodieDined on 8/16/2014It's 90 degrees+ every day in Miami. We went to Restaurant Michael Schwartz on a Sat night as a party of 6. When I made the reservation, the reservationist did not mention that they were not serving inside where there is air conditioning. So we had to sit outside in the sweltering evening. It ruined what would have been a nice night. Too bad because the food was good. We were in a rush to eat and leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent QualityMiamiBeachDinerDined on 8/14/2014Michael's restaurants are always great. I'm not sure how he does it. Although we were a few of the only diners there, the atmosphere is always amazing.Special Features:
- RoseDined on 8/14/2014We had the Miami Spice menu on our lunch visit. We were seated outside, which is very pretty but also very hot. Our waitress was very good and attentive. The shrimp po-boy was very good. We had the eggplant sandwich, which was also good. The eggplant was cooked nicely and had a nice marinara sauce and cheese on it. The fries served with it were very good and addictive. We shared the desserts and both were very good, but the lemon merenque was slightly better than the bread pudding. The portions seemed small when they were served but we were all very full at the end of the meal and even left some fries on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingSuki1102Dined on 8/13/2014Came here with my mom for lunch on the Miami Spice menu. The three course meal was excellent. For my starter I had the Grilled Peach Salad and entree was a Crispy Eggplant Sandwich. For dessert I had a Lemon Tart. It was a bit warm considering it is summer and Miami. But had plenty of fans and a natural breeze. Overall our dining experience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Summer Night DiningLove2DineDined on 8/9/2014This place is beautiful. So romantic and nice. I only gave it a 4-star because I would say it's pretty hot for summer night dining (since it's outside) and I got a lot of mosquito bites. So if you're dressed up (like we were) expect to be a little sweaty and frizzy hair (then again its Miami LOL) But aside from that it was just amazing! But the food was delicious! Their risotto was amazing!!! I tried the mockingbird drink which was to die for!!! Their service was unbelievable. Our water cups were never empty but we had enough privacy (the servers were not on top of us every 5 seconds like in other restaurants). We arrived late to our reservation, but we got seated right away. I simply loved the experience and would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Shocked!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Love the other Michael Schwartz restaurants but this was a disappointing experience from the minute we arrived. Valet did not service us when we pull up. Was too busy looking at his phone. The hostess tried to position us at a table that was almost in the pool. My fanback chair was unstable and the food was totally disappointing. My daughter order the grilled octopus and I had the pizza which was more of a flatbread. I do have to say, the deviled eggs and potato chips were tasty. The mgr and waiter were very accommodating and apologetic.Special Features:
- Excellent!AskaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Went for a Birthday celebration & it didn't disappoint. We sat there for 4 1/2 hours! Romantic Great atmosphere Superb diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/1/2014The Erving was excellent. We tried the Miami spice menu. It was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not MGFD .....Foodie2nightVIPDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I are regulars at Michael's Genuine. This misses the mark on every level. We were seated in the lobby, which was very warm and uninviting. The service was ok, not like MGFD! The food was ok, nothing special. We had the octopus, kale salad and skirt steak, all very "just ok"! There are much better options in the area.
- DisappointedFoodJunkieDined on 7/6/2014Ambiance and service was great. Food, not so much. My lump crab cake lacked seasoning except for the salt which was overly poured in the crab cake. Had a drink that included bell pepper in it, that I couldn't finish. I couldn't tolerate the taste. My husbands lamb dish was tough to chew. It's to bad, the service and setting were great(minus the mosquito problem). The food needs HELP! The food was NOT worth what I paid.Special Features:
- The following 149 reviews are from the Restaurant Michael Schwartz reviews archive.
- Michael Swartz DeliversbankerkeithDined on 6/22/2014We visited several of Michael Swartz restaurants in Miami and found a common theme. Excellent food, great drinks, and great service. The crab cakes, deviled eggs, and flat bread made for a great tapas style night before heading out on the town.Special Features:
- great serviceladyJDined on 6/20/2014The staff was super nice, friendly, - food was excellent. A little dark (lighting) when you sit at certain tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceIkisanVIPDined on 6/14/2014Memorable brunch in a relaxing surrounding. Try the bread basket (croissant is a must)and eggs Benedict with wild salmon. Pair it with a steamy almond capuccino. You feel on vacation when Sitting in the shade of an old thick tree while the sun is teasing its leaves on a quiet Sunday morning. Avoid those Miami crowds, enjoy the moment. It's worth every minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!Awk2004Dined on 6/13/2014Fantastic service and wonderful farm to table menu. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- wonderful.MikeDined on 6/7/2014Ryan, our server, was extraordinary. The food was wonderful, as Michael Schwartz does at his other restaurant, Michaels Genuine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!SabTreeDined on 6/6/2014Aside from the excellent ceviche, tuna & fish special entrees, our server was wonderful: made us feel like we were the most special group in the place.Special Features:
- Love Michael Schwartz, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/5/2014I had high hopes since I loved Michaels Genuine.. But this place was dead on a Thursday night, the service was so-so, the steak tartare and oysters and cobia were so-so... The highlight was the blackberry basil cocktail, delicious. Otherwise, meh.Special Features:
- ExcellentOaklandbenDined on 5/31/2014Dining outside, overlooking the iconic pool area of the Raleigh Hotel, was exactly what I'd want in a Miami Beach dining experience. The food on my second visit was prepared to my requests, beautifully served, and the atmosphere was a wonderful balance of energy and relaxation. So long a the evening temperature and humidity are reasonable - it makes for a great experience. Dining inside, while air conditioned, in good weather is usually "empty". Menu seems to change seasonally, but the quality of everything was excellent. BTW< there is a fun LITTLE hideaway Martini Bar of the lobby - circa 1940's style. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New twists on old classicsTrureviewVIPDined on 5/30/2014At first glance the menu appears to have your standards (grilled cheese,etc.). Upon further inspection you notice the different ingredients and elements used to prepare the dishes (jasper hills landaff cheese, parmigiano crust-makes for a non standard grilled cheese). Pricy but not out if the ordinary in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2014I am a frequent client of many restaurants in Miami, and probably eat out 6 out of 7 days a week (lunch and dinner). I am an optimistic person and typically try to find charm even in the most simplest of places, I don't get easily surprised by glitz and glam, but truly try to find something special about every place. Today I had lunch at the Raleigh Michael Schwartz Restaurant and I all I can say its that there is absolutely nothing to rescue from the restaurant, it is hands down the worst place in Miami
- Good food by the poolmmemari88Dined on 5/16/2014Great place to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful Miami weather. In a nice little boutique hotel on the beach. Valet is $15 with validation. Excellent food and vibe, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to beat the physical space butsteakloverVIPDined on 5/14/2014The Raleigh is an amazing space however the food was way, super overly salted. The beef was a bit of a salt lick. Prepared well but way over salted.Special Features:
- Tasty BrunchevanssdDined on 5/11/2014We had an excellent brunch experience for Mother's Day. Our party of four including two kids arrived and were seated promptly by a very friendly hostess at 11am under a tree near the pool. Service was mostly attentive (though the wait for my second Bloody Mary was long) and food arrived promptly. Kids enjoyed the waffles and tasty donuts and parents enjoyed some fresh oysters, the crab hash and Croque Monsieur. All dishes were excellent. We were pleasantly surprised to see Chef Schwartz dining with is family at the table next door. A very successful Mother's Day brunch!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/9/2014Indian spiced pork loin and yellow fin tuna not to be missed. grilled octopus, and peach salad rounded out the mealSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2014Doesn't come close to Michael's Genuine. Service was incredibly disappointingSpecial Features:
- Disaster of a dinnerlaperlaVIPDined on 5/3/2014I rarely write reviews, but our experience at MS "deserves" one. Our evening started with the host announcing that because of the rain earlier that day the outside area was closed. We were supposed to have been informed by phone - we were not. The bar tender ignored my request to make any champagne based cocktail other than Kir Roayal. Kir Roayl I got, because, aparently, he had nothing else. Service at dinner was sloppy and incompetent. A 75 dollar Pinot (10.99 retail!) was so substandard (+ served cold) that we had to ask for it to be taken off the check. Pizza was burnt and my octopus was swimming in a sea of thin liquid. We could not wait to get out and go to Cicconi's to make up for this disaster with some good drinks and desserts.
- Something a little differentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/1/2014Great food ambiance and sercvice. Mixhaels is the place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth itjbt21067Dined on 4/28/2014we had a server with the personality of a wooden plank he was not attentive. he didn't ask how our meals were. he was slow. he was indifferent. I even spoke with the restaurant manager and they were equally indifferent. the best thing about this place was the 100 year old cedar grape tree with lit lanterns hanging from the branches. go to yardbird. go to prime 112.Special Features: