Restaurant Michael Schwartz
1775 Collins Ave
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Restaurant Michael Schwartz
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantmichaelschwartz.com/
- Phone: (305) 612-1163
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 7:00 am - 11:30 am
Brunch: Sunday 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 6:00 pm-12:00 am
Fridays & Saturdays 6:00 pm - 1:00am
Martini Culture, curating original martini recipes from guest mixologists, takes place every Tuesday from 7-9:00 p.m. in The Raleigh's legendary Martini Bar.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Schwartz / Chef De Cuisine: Danny Ganem
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: It’s only fitting that the legendary Raleigh Hotel would have its special event menus composed James Beard Award Winning Chef Michael Schwartz. Inspired by The Raleigh’s storied legacy and the vibrant culture of South Beach, the special event menus feature thoughtfully influenced American fare and celebrate the very best of what a Chef Schwartz dining experience represents – a fresh, simple and pure approach to food and drink. From intimate gatherings to grand productions, the special event menus can be tailored to meet any need, while providing an unforgettable culinary experience.
- Special Events: Phone number: 305-916-6111
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Restaurant Michael Schwartz
Occupying the Raleigh Hotel's upper lobby and its iconic baroque pool deck, Restaurant Michael Schwartz offers diners a menu inspired by the rich history and singular charm of Miami Beach’s most iconic hotel property. Complete with the James Beard Award-winning chef’s hallmark seasonal ingredient-inspired Snacks, Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large and Sides, as well as renowned pastry chef Hedy Goldsmith's desserts, the restaurant will serve breakfast and lunch, a market fresh raw bar, and dinner daily, as well as poolside and bar service, boxed beach lunches, and a selection of items for in-room dining.Continued
The SLS Las Vegas is now open and taking dining reservations. Your table awaits. Book Now
The SLS Las Vegas is now open and taking dining reservations. Your table awaits. Book Now
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Restaurant Michael Schwartz - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Restaurant Michael Schwartz reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (44)romantic (36)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (22)scenic view (21)good for groups (18)great for lunch (16)neighborhood gem (15)great for brunch (14)hot spot (10)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Located in the historic Raleigh HotelOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/23/2014Michael Schwartz is a real surprise. Five of us went for Sunday brunch, and everyone raved about their breakfast order. The house-made corned beef hash with root veggies was superb. The crab Hollandaise was excellent. The lemon ricotta pancakes delicious. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodMichael1010Dined on 11/22/2014Another great experience from Chef Michael Schwartz. The service was excellent thanks to our server Hillary, and warm welcome from Manager Wesley Jonassaint. The foods were adequately described and presentation was flawless. Each dish was flavorful and delicious. We would definitely return and recommend to all our friends. Even the valet was reasonable for SOBE, after validation. Make sure you try the desserts as well, nothing disappointing here. Fun, casual, and a great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodRickMDined on 11/15/2014We ended up staying at the hotel for a couple of nights. The hotel is very nice and of course in a great location. We had brunch and dinner here and I think the brunch we had was better than the dinner. Both were very good and sitting outside in the evening was very romantic. It's a casual atmosphere and not many tables. So if you are looking for a quiet and really upscale experience this might not be for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raleigh Hotel fine diningRichelloDined on 11/11/2014We've often had lunch in this gorgeous poolside garden setting over the years and stayed a few times at the Raleigh Hotel. The new Michael Schwartz menu has creative and delicious items with his usual selection of small to large plates. We sampled several small and medium platea. The kale salad was a huge serving of moist leaves topped in parmesan. The grilled calamari was awesome with plenty of spice. We will be back to try many more items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedVIPDined on 11/7/2014THe place is lovely. The food was adequate. But I think that $9.00 for a cup of tea is just ridiculous
- Old Florida charmFoodnServiceSnobDined on 11/3/2014Wonderful ambiance on their back outdoor patio- perfect for a relaxed dinner with friends to enjoy quiet conversation. The menu offers nice selection of seafood and "low country" influenced starters and sides. I had the yellowfin which was prepared perfectly and served on top an avocado salsa- quite tastey. Minus one star for seating us in a smoking area with no warning- we opted out of dessert when the diners beside us lit up their cigs - yuck! Otherwise was a perfect meal with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Setting beats CuisineMiamiTTEVIPDined on 10/31/2014We have come to revere Michael Schwartz in these parts for some years now. The food is a hit or a miss at this Schwartz outpost at The Raleigh. My last two meals there were enjoyable overall, though both times required entrees to go back to the kitchen for re-heating. The beef dishes at our most recent foray were over-salted and over-sauced. Overall, the finesse in menu execution is missing. Truth be told, I would sit by The Raleigh's pool and put up with worse, the setting is that lovely, but the good Schwartz reputation is being strained here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spotnuget99Dined on 10/31/2014Pretty typical food but prepared way more delishiously that a foodie can appreciate. All your favorites are done right without all the fancy frills. Laid back outdoor atmosphere and good service. I recommend for lunch and get the deviled eggs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated with simplicityGuillaumeDined on 10/20/2014What a great place. Looking at the menu gives an initial strange feeling as most of the meals sound quite simple. But wait for your plate to arrive and discover that chef has managed to reinvent such simple meals by adding great flavors and all those kinds of little extra that make it sophisticated. Net, clearly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday here. All of our meals were absolutely delicious. The serving staff was super friendly and helpful. Ambiance was very cool. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Best venue in South BeachsobeVIPDined on 10/15/2014The view of the Raleigh Hotel's pool area, all tropical and classical Art Deco, is simply stunning. Combine that with a creative and fresh menu of small and medium sized plates, and you have a perfect South Beach dining experience.Special Features:
- Great PlaceGoCanesDined on 10/14/2014My wife and I went to the restaurant for our anniversary!! The server, Ryan, was amazing and took very good care of us. We were very pleased with the food, which was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to expectationsPdotVIPDined on 10/1/2014We stayed at the Raleigh, so decided to try the restaurant our first night. The menu looks interesting, but our limited experience was not very good. Salads were carelessly prepared, with large strands of greens mounded and lots of stems. The dressing was tasty, though. The duck confit was so dry as to be almost inedible. The skirt steak was better, but was under seasoned and had large wedges of raw tomato added as an afterthought. Desserts were a highlight, especially the lemon bread pudding, lighter than it sounds. Service was fine, but the ubiquitous "gratuity included" practice is annoying
- Primarily Outdoor DiningYummyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Restaurant Michael Schwartz is primarily for outdoor dining. Take this into account when choosing to dine here. Miami Beach can be hot and sticky in the summer rainy season, and mosquitos and the like enjoy fine dining as well. But the food and drink at dinner are wonderful, the service we experienced was SoBe fun, and the pool view setting is relaxing. Don't be surprised when folks walk (or run) by dripping wet from a dip in the pool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodwestoneaterDined on 9/26/2014Great food; the groupper was fantastic as well the small plates we shared as appetizers. The service was friendly but a little slow, we ordered a side dish that never arrived and we had to ask twice for dessert before it got to the table. We loved the ambiance and the music was great. For sure we will coming back.Special Features:
- wonderful1shankiVIPDined on 9/20/2014delicious food...every morsel! the miami spice menu was superb! recommended to me by a server from JUVIA! just the best chairs and the servers were lovely...a great timeSpecial Features:
- Don't order the tuna melt.BarryVIPDined on 9/16/2014The food was teriffic, with the notable exception of the tuna melt. That was a mish-mosh of indistinguishable tastes, topped off by cold melted cheese. Most neighborhood diners or luncheonettes have a far superior tuna melt.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami Beach flavorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Amazing ambience. Good service and some interesting choices on the lunch, brunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sbnfrbnDined on 9/13/2014It was very hot outside and so we ate indoors for lunch. It was wonderful. Food was delicious, service was excellent. Our waiter Joey was fabulous and could not have been more accommodating. We would request him again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good atmosphereFLLDinerDined on 9/12/2014Great outdoor setting. Although some thought it was strange we were seated so close to the pool and guests were still swimming. Food is creative and nice variety. Very good, but not overwhelming and fantastic. Cocktails were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful cuisineJEastCobbDined on 9/9/2014This is one of the great SoBe restaurants. The menu is filled with great dishes. I did the Miami Spice menu this night which was wonderful. The Grilled Calamari was delicious, but the Chicken Liver Mousse was not my favorite taste. Both the Snapper and Lamb Loin entrees were fantastic as was the Mango Cake dessert. The outdoor seating is interesting, unique and romantic, so choose a beautiful night and perhaps request outdoors in your reservation. You will not be disappointed. This is a higher end restaurant, so be prepared for a nice bill, but it is worth it.Special Features:
- Loved itEricDined on 8/23/2014Great poolside view. Delicious Miami spice lunch.Special Features:
- Some Like it HotFoodieDined on 8/16/2014It's 90 degrees+ every day in Miami. We went to Restaurant Michael Schwartz on a Sat night as a party of 6. When I made the reservation, the reservationist did not mention that they were not serving inside where there is air conditioning. So we had to sit outside in the sweltering evening. It ruined what would have been a nice night. Too bad because the food was good. We were in a rush to eat and leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent QualityMiamiBeachDinerDined on 8/14/2014Michael's restaurants are always great. I'm not sure how he does it. Although we were a few of the only diners there, the atmosphere is always amazing.Special Features:
- RoseDined on 8/14/2014We had the Miami Spice menu on our lunch visit. We were seated outside, which is very pretty but also very hot. Our waitress was very good and attentive. The shrimp po-boy was very good. We had the eggplant sandwich, which was also good. The eggplant was cooked nicely and had a nice marinara sauce and cheese on it. The fries served with it were very good and addictive. We shared the desserts and both were very good, but the lemon merenque was slightly better than the bread pudding. The portions seemed small when they were served but we were all very full at the end of the meal and even left some fries on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingSuki1102Dined on 8/13/2014Came here with my mom for lunch on the Miami Spice menu. The three course meal was excellent. For my starter I had the Grilled Peach Salad and entree was a Crispy Eggplant Sandwich. For dessert I had a Lemon Tart. It was a bit warm considering it is summer and Miami. But had plenty of fans and a natural breeze. Overall our dining experience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Summer Night DiningLove2DineDined on 8/9/2014This place is beautiful. So romantic and nice. I only gave it a 4-star because I would say it's pretty hot for summer night dining (since it's outside) and I got a lot of mosquito bites. So if you're dressed up (like we were) expect to be a little sweaty and frizzy hair (then again its Miami LOL) But aside from that it was just amazing! But the food was delicious! Their risotto was amazing!!! I tried the mockingbird drink which was to die for!!! Their service was unbelievable. Our water cups were never empty but we had enough privacy (the servers were not on top of us every 5 seconds like in other restaurants). We arrived late to our reservation, but we got seated right away. I simply loved the experience and would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Shocked!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Love the other Michael Schwartz restaurants but this was a disappointing experience from the minute we arrived. Valet did not service us when we pull up. Was too busy looking at his phone. The hostess tried to position us at a table that was almost in the pool. My fanback chair was unstable and the food was totally disappointing. My daughter order the grilled octopus and I had the pizza which was more of a flatbread. I do have to say, the deviled eggs and potato chips were tasty. The mgr and waiter were very accommodating and apologetic.Special Features:
- Excellent!AskaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Went for a Birthday celebration & it didn't disappoint. We sat there for 4 1/2 hours! Romantic Great atmosphere Superb diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/1/2014The Erving was excellent. We tried the Miami spice menu. It was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 151 reviews are from the Restaurant Michael Schwartz reviews archive.
- Not MGFD .....Foodie2nightVIPDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I are regulars at Michael's Genuine. This misses the mark on every level. We were seated in the lobby, which was very warm and uninviting. The service was ok, not like MGFD! The food was ok, nothing special. We had the octopus, kale salad and skirt steak, all very "just ok"! There are much better options in the area.
- DisappointedFoodJunkieDined on 7/6/2014Ambiance and service was great. Food, not so much. My lump crab cake lacked seasoning except for the salt which was overly poured in the crab cake. Had a drink that included bell pepper in it, that I couldn't finish. I couldn't tolerate the taste. My husbands lamb dish was tough to chew. It's to bad, the service and setting were great(minus the mosquito problem). The food needs HELP! The food was NOT worth what I paid.Special Features:
- Michael Swartz DeliversbankerkeithDined on 6/22/2014We visited several of Michael Swartz restaurants in Miami and found a common theme. Excellent food, great drinks, and great service. The crab cakes, deviled eggs, and flat bread made for a great tapas style night before heading out on the town.Special Features:
- great serviceladyJDined on 6/20/2014The staff was super nice, friendly, - food was excellent. A little dark (lighting) when you sit at certain tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceIkisanVIPDined on 6/14/2014Memorable brunch in a relaxing surrounding. Try the bread basket (croissant is a must)and eggs Benedict with wild salmon. Pair it with a steamy almond capuccino. You feel on vacation when Sitting in the shade of an old thick tree while the sun is teasing its leaves on a quiet Sunday morning. Avoid those Miami crowds, enjoy the moment. It's worth every minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!Awk2004VIPDined on 6/13/2014Fantastic service and wonderful farm to table menu. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- wonderful.MikeDined on 6/7/2014Ryan, our server, was extraordinary. The food was wonderful, as Michael Schwartz does at his other restaurant, Michaels Genuine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!SabTreeDined on 6/6/2014Aside from the excellent ceviche, tuna & fish special entrees, our server was wonderful: made us feel like we were the most special group in the place.Special Features:
- Love Michael Schwartz, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/5/2014I had high hopes since I loved Michaels Genuine.. But this place was dead on a Thursday night, the service was so-so, the steak tartare and oysters and cobia were so-so... The highlight was the blackberry basil cocktail, delicious. Otherwise, meh.Special Features:
- ExcellentOaklandbenDined on 5/31/2014Dining outside, overlooking the iconic pool area of the Raleigh Hotel, was exactly what I'd want in a Miami Beach dining experience. The food on my second visit was prepared to my requests, beautifully served, and the atmosphere was a wonderful balance of energy and relaxation. So long a the evening temperature and humidity are reasonable - it makes for a great experience. Dining inside, while air conditioned, in good weather is usually "empty". Menu seems to change seasonally, but the quality of everything was excellent. BTW< there is a fun LITTLE hideaway Martini Bar of the lobby - circa 1940's style. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.