Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantmartin.com/
- Phone: 5058200919x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - Close; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Martin Rios
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can build menus at a variety of price points to meet customer needs and requests. Our highly skilled kitchen staff can accommodate groups and menus of any sort.
- Private Party Facilities: With the addition of our Annex we are now able to accommodate larger parties in a private setting. Beautiful bay doors open up onto our patio for private all weather accommodations.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer or Rosario 5058200919x
- Special Events: Banquets, weddings, birthdays, anniversary, and large gatherings all welcome.
- Cross Street: Paseo de Peralta
- Public Transit: The Railrunner from Albuquerque stops a few short blocks from our front door and Santa Fe's public bus system runs right past our restaurant.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Approximately twenty parking spots on property and a multi-level public parking structure four doors down.
A word from Restaurant Martin
Restaurant Martin offers progressive American cuisine prepared by New Mexico's most noted and award winning Chef, Martin Rios at a most accessible price point. Restaurant Martin was a semi-finalist for the 2010 James Beard "Best New Restaurant in the US" and Chef Martin was a semi-finalist for the 2011 James Beard "Best Chef of the Southwest". Chef Martin's cuisine was recently featured on Food TV's Iron Chef America (the only Chef from New Mexico to ever receive such an invitation), and the Cooking Chnnel's "United Tastes of America". He has also been recognized as the Best Chef of both Santa Fe and the State of New Mexico, featured as one of the National Pork Association's Top Chefs and named one of the select Robert Mondavi Celebrated Chefs. Restaurant Martin is Santa Fe's only Chef driven and owned restaurant at this most reasonable price point. Prepare to eat one of the most memorable meals of your life at Restaurant Martin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Restaurant Martin - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Restaurant Martin reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (109)great for outdoor dining (105)special occasion (87)romantic (59)notable wine list (52)neighborhood gem (50)good for groups (31)great for lunch (29)great for brunch (22)hot spot (10)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- almost very goodroneatsoutDined on 9/28/2014On a Sunday night the restaurant was about a third full. The hostess was very professional and friendly. Outdoor seating was very nice. Service was exceptional. Staff was attentive without being obvious. The first courses were both great (pork belly) the tastes accompanying the bellies were interesting and complementary, and cooked perfectly. The wine was moderately priced at $50, and well worth the price. The entrees were beautifully presented-pork loin and salmon- and the accompanying dishes were well prepared. The disappointment was that both entrees were overcooked. We specified that the fish be medium-rare and the pork rare/medium rare. Both arrived medium to well done. Dessert was wonderful-panna cotta. Almost very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartinHmbaiaDined on 9/27/2014The food was excellent. The atmosphere was good. The service was a bit down. Twice, the server reached over one party to get to the other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major disappointmentLetseatVAVIPDined on 9/23/2014The dining space is attractive in the precisely the same Santa Fe minimalism of every other high end restaurant in town. Nice but nothing interesting. The first course (soup for me, pork belly for my friend) were acceptable, but the server splattered the soup and acted offended when I asked for a spoon. The mains (duck for me, scallops for my friend) were simply bad, over salted and improperly cooked. We probably should not have been surprised by the quality of the mains, since we waited almost an hour for them. The only person who asked about our meal was the hostess who was doing extra duty by filling water glasses. There are very good restaurants in Santa Fe, including some amazing cheap ears, give Martins a pass.
- Best Restaurant in the stateLandofEnchantmentDined on 9/20/2014What can I say? Chef Rios is nationally critically acclaimed and deservedly so. Wonderful experience as always. The surprise in this meal was the pickled blueberries with the duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near the stationgreatDined on 9/19/2014As always, the food and wine were great. I am so glad this restaurant is near the Train station. We come from Albuquerque on friday, have dinner and can still take the train back that evening.Special Features:
- Always sublimeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/19/2014We had a very delicious luncheon at Restaurant Martin. Dining outside on one of the last days of summer was sublime. The green chile, bacon cheeseburger with sweet potato fries was delicious. Dining companion's chicken sandwich was also superb. Impeccable service always accompanies the delicious food. Love this place!Special Features:
- Nice but slighty boringTomADined on 9/18/2014I ate at Restaurant Martin during a 3-day trip to Santa Fe, based primarily on the chef's reputation. The menu is mostly mainstream American standards with a few exotic touches here and there. There is nothing wrong with “safe” mainstream dishes that are made with high quality ingredients and are carefully prepared. But despite this, I came away from my dinner at Restaurant Martin feeling somewhat bored and that something was missing that would have lifted the food from good to excellent. I wanted the food to be more exciting.
- High End LunchlunchersDined on 9/16/2014It's not as easy to find a high end lunch menu in Santa Fe as one would think. Although Restaurant Martin's lunch menu is weighted towards sandwiches, everything from soup through dessert & espresso was prepared and presented so well and the service was so good that in the end it didn't matter. Their panna cotta dessert was heavenly!Special Features:
- Fine Dining in Santa FeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I had dinner with our son at Restaurant Martin recently and enjoyed it very much. The décor is simple and casual, the service is excellent, the food is top notch and the wine list is very interesting. It was comfortably full, but not packed on a Saturday night. When I got the check, I realized why as it is definitely a higher end restaurant...more for special occasions than frequent visits..as the price for dinner with wine and tip will be in the $100/person range.Special Features:
- A very nice eveningAGDCommDined on 9/12/2014Restaurant Martin is always one of the very best restaurants in Santa Fe, and our most recent visit there was no exception. After a slightly rocky start -- our server took a long time to ask for a drink order and she made us feel hurried to put in our orders -- the evening was very good. Three of the four of us ordered the vegetarian special, a tasting menu of six small dishes, and we all liked it.Special Features:
- Great dinnerLaineDined on 9/12/2014We loved Restaurant Martin. We eat here every time we come to Santa Fe and the food was still right up at the top. Our waiter Charles was outstanding too - and help make it a wonderful evening for us. We'll definitely be back the next time we come to Santa Fe.Special Features:
- PerfectLouAnnDined on 9/12/2014Food Outstanding, Service Outstanding, Ambience Outstanding. We have been quite often to Restaurant Martin and never disappoints.Special Features:
- Too limited and way too slow!STCJVIPDined on 9/12/2014I left after an hour's time even though my lunch had finally arrived. The seating is just way too uncomfortable to wait that long for lunch and then to be social for another 45 minutes. They can't seem to handle 3 tables of 6 and some misc tables. Ordering staff and getting it right is as important as the food itself. With such a limited boring menu they should be able to get it right, especially when you take the time to make a reservation. The service was no better than Denny's; 1.45 hours for lunch gave me the opportunity to read the WSJ cover to cover, but did little to keep me on my 1 hour lunch schedule. We will not even get into parking let alone handicapped parking.
- The Best Resturant in Santa FeStreetguyVIPDined on 9/5/2014You can always count on this restaurant for a wonderfu meal-- things cooked creatively, often these days, souvide, plated beautifully in a friendly and unpretentious environment. My fried oysters and my wife chilled pea soup were great starters. My duck was an unusual cut, tender and sweet. My wife's pork loin was also a winner. No deserts because there was plenty of food.Special Features:
- senzanomeDined on 9/4/2014Attractive space; generally friendly staff; tables spaced nicely for conversation. Interesting menu and some successful dishes. Our starters were excellent, but the main courses were disappointing. A pork tenderloin with black fig reduction, haricots verts and assorted garnishes was attractively presented, but not tasty, or even tender. The wine list is satisfactory but uninspired and (albeit unevenly) overpriced. The "manager" coached and trained the waitstaff within earshot of customers. There is talent in the kitchen here, but very rough edges. Given alternatives in Santa Fe, I would personally be reluctant to go back.
- A divine conjuction of tastesZephyrDined on 8/31/2014Clear evening skies bathed my wife and me with a shirtsleeve temperature while we enjoyed blond Lillet and contemplated the menu. Choices became difficult and we teased our waiter that we'd both settle for the chicken--which would have been without equal. Pea soup (a description that doesn't do justice to the color, taste or treasures sunken beneath) and risotto was perfect for my bride. Beet salad, sea bass (the preparation defies description) ended with desert--words for that, well, I'm lost for them. Great wines. Going back before Christmas. Reservation already made. You'd better hurry.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/31/2014At a recent lunch for 4, it took a long time to get any service. The waiter did acknowledge and apologize for this. Food was uninspired: crab cakes were dull and an order of huevos rancheros was just one big gloppy mess. When we got our check, we discovered that 2 additional items had been added to it. It took a while to get this straightened out. Fortunately, Santa Fe has several better dining options than this place.
- peb3VIPDined on 8/30/2014One of the nicest spots in Santa Fe for an outstanding al fresco dinner.Special Features:
- BAD SERVICETexasvisitorDined on 8/29/2014We chose to eat in the inside dining room rather than outside -apparently a huge mistake. As more diners came to the restaurant,they all chose to eat outside, and that is where our waitress went. The service was unacceptable for a restaurant of this caliber. The bread basket was hard and stale. Our waitress disappeared, and we had to find anyone passing by to refill tea, bring more bread (the second basket was not stale) or to even bring the check (we found the hostess).Special Features:
- Consistently Wonderful!TaosChickDined on 8/28/2014Restaurant Martin never disappoints. It's a beautiful venue with amazing culinary creations, a suburb wine list, and good service to boot!Special Features:
- Incredible food and ambianceABQPatronDined on 8/27/2014Restaurant Martine was incredible! The chef knew how to expertly pair different flavors and textures to create a unique dish with everything we tried. Yes it is pricey, but well worth it for a nice night out. I will definitely enjoy this place again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service for table of 10OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/26/2014Restaurant Martin continues to be an outstanding lunch spot even for a large group. The service was perfectly attentive but not intrusive for a work meeting. The food was excellent and presentation very attractive. The ambiance offers a cozy neighborhood feel.Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/21/2014We ate inside at lunchtime. The food was good not great and the service was terrible. Our waiter seemed to concentrate on the outside tables.
- Martin consistently greatlaughrobDined on 8/20/2014A couple of restaurants around town shined when they had Chef Martin Rios, His restaurant is one of the best and always good. SO glad it expanded.Special Features:
- Good food, but watch the extras!caminogalDined on 8/19/2014We dined on the very breezy patio. The food was very good, and the waiter very patient with our long, long conversation. It is so nice not to be rushed when the chance to spend time with friends presents itself. It was a surprise to see the size of the check, much inflated by $4 cups of coffee and small but expensive dessert.Special Features:
- good food minimal serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014the food was excellent. the server was phoning it in. He never checked to see how it was, never gave an overview of the 5 veggie dishes on the veg platter. He didn't even bring our food- someone from the kitchen did . Thank god for the busboy who filled our water and brought us bread! The restaurant was half empty but they sat us next to a table of obnoxious pretentious loud people- ughhhhhSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine Food InterventionmooseVIPDined on 8/15/2014We so totally enjoyed our dinner. It could not have been better. Food, wine, patio, cool breezes. Perfecto!Special Features:
- magnificent food and servicedpsjVIPDined on 8/15/2014we did the walking tour with the Santa Fe Cooking School and had to come back for a complete dinner it was so worth it as we really had great food and service see you againSpecial Features:
- PdaspitVIPDined on 8/14/2014Chef Rios continues to hit it out of the park with regards the food service, servers and location. Hopefully you can dine outside. Urge anyone visiting the City Different to dine here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/13/2014After hearing such great comments, we were disappointed. Dined outside and were place in the back of a shed with little light . . slow service, but pleasant waitress. The food is "showboating" . . each dish is like a contest to display the unique capabilities of thee chef . . risotto in a"caked format topped with "chunks of lobster and sliced fruit around the edges ? Really ?Special Features:
- Not up to previous qualitycoloradotravelerVIPDined on 8/10/2014Our dinner last Sunday for 6 was a disappointment compared to lunches we have had in previous years at Restaurant Martin. We go to Santa Fe for the opera every year and decided to try the restaurant for dinner because menu and reviews looked good. Unfortunately, all three of our fish dishes were overcooked, but the server never came to the table to enquire about our meals so we could tell him. We had to flag down someone to get pepper and water refills. Server came once, but only to sell more wine. Presentations of the dishes were superb but the overcooking of the fish was not up to the standards we expected for this restaurant. Prices were quite high for the quality of the food and service.Special Features:
- LyndaDined on 8/9/2014Four of us tried Restaurant Martin on Saturday night. We were not thrilled with two of our meals. One, the tenderloin was not tender. The salmon was done nicely, but the veggies with it, were flavorless. I special fish of the night was very good. I guess we expected more from a restaurant that is getting such high reviews. Serves was marginal. In our opinion there are much better restaurants in Santa Fe.
- Fantastic!KgstevensonDined on 8/9/2014This was our first time at Restaurant Martin, and we will certainly be back. My wife and I visit Santa Fe often, and are always on the look out for great restaurants whose menu's aren't overly New Mexican, and Restaurant Martin fit the bill. The food, service, and ambiance were all fantastic, the wine list was impressive and extensive, and enjoyed the overall experience more than many of our usual spots (like luminaria, tanti luci 221, dinner for two, etc.).Special Features:
- Nice evening out.TitoDined on 8/8/2014Martin's has a variety of seating options, which is a plus. There's a totally outdoor dining area and a partial outdoor experience, that was once upon a time a garage and indoors. The food was quite good, depending on what was ordered. The ahi tartar was outstanding, while the lamb was only adequate. The service was okay, but our waiter was not thrilled with his job and it showed.Special Features:
- looked gooddieonDined on 8/8/2014handsome presentation = taste peculiar - stunning first impression quickly forgottenSpecial Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014We thought the food and service were excellent. In fact, we cancelled the reservation we had the following night and went back. It was just as good in every way!Special Features:
- Great Patio DiningNicknameVIPDined on 8/5/2014Wonderful food on a secluded outdoor patio....everyone should go!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only okDrmickjrVIPDined on 8/5/2014Restaurant Martin can sometimes offer a very good meal, but we have found that the food is inconsistent, especially given the relatively expensive options offered. The wine list is overpriced. The best feature of this restaurant is the setting, as both the outdoor and inside dining areas are well-designed and attractive. Service is erratic.
- Great Service/Great AmbianceSwissmissDined on 8/2/2014The food was a little fussy for my taste -- all good, but too much going on with each dish. Small portions weren't appreciated by the guys in our group, although I prefer that to too much . Overall good, not great, experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding every time.PeggDined on 8/2/2014We visit Santa Fe once a year to attend the opera. Restaurant Martin has been on our 'must' list every year. Every thing about this restaurant is outstanding. This year I had organic chicken and it was delicious. My husband had the beef tenderloin and it was cooked perfectly. The service was impeccable as usual. This is a perfect restaurant for a quiet romantic dinner. We will keep returning.Special Features: