Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantmartin.com/
- Phone: (505) 820-0919
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - Close; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Martin Rios
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can build menus at a variety of price points to meet customer needs and requests. Our highly skilled kitchen staff can accommodate groups and menus of any sort.
- Private Party Facilities: With the addition of our Annex we are now able to accommodate larger parties in a private setting. Beautiful bay doors open up onto our patio for private all weather accommodations.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer or Rosario 5058200919x
- Special Events: Banquets, weddings, birthdays, anniversary, and large gatherings all welcome.
- Cross Street: Paseo de Peralta
- Public Transit: The Railrunner from Albuquerque stops a few short blocks from our front door and Santa Fe's public bus system runs right past our restaurant.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Approximately twenty parking spots on property and a multi-level public parking structure four doors down.
A word from Restaurant Martin
Restaurant Martin offers progressive American cuisine prepared by New Mexico's most noted and award winning Chef, Martin Rios at a most accessible price point. Restaurant Martin was a semi-finalist for the 2010 James Beard "Best New Restaurant in the US" and Chef Martin was a semi-finalist for the 2011 James Beard "Best Chef of the Southwest". Chef Martin's cuisine was recently featured on Food TV's Iron Chef America (the only Chef from New Mexico to ever receive such an invitation), and the Cooking Chnnel's "United Tastes of America". He has also been recognized as the Best Chef of both Santa Fe and the State of New Mexico, featured as one of the National Pork Association's Top Chefs and named one of the select Robert Mondavi Celebrated Chefs. Restaurant Martin is Santa Fe's only Chef driven and owned restaurant at this most reasonable price point. Prepare to eat one of the most memorable meals of your life at Restaurant Martin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Restaurant Martin - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Restaurant Martin reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (102)special occasion (79)great for outdoor dining (61)notable wine list (48)neighborhood gem (43)romantic (43)good for groups (20)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (13)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wouldn't go back.fooderDined on 11/21/2014Fine, as long as you don't mind a piece of fish the size of a candy bar and a few stale string beans. I think Pastiempo is guilty of foisting false information on the public .
- A caring chefFaroukDined on 11/16/2014We went to restaurant Martin in a snow day. My wife and I were there there for a brunch. The staff were welcoming and helpful. If you like salmon you must get the salmon egg Benedict. The salmon is fresh and was cured at the premises and we liked that it had lobster too. The coffee was excellent too. We can't wait to try their dinner. If you see a small menu that means the chef cares about what he puts in the plate. He selectes each item. He buys locally and he doesn't use Sysco products. Give it a try you won't be dissapointedSpecial Features:
- CJNMDined on 11/14/2014Nice lunch, fresh ingredients, good value, good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place. Wonderful food.CraigDined on 11/11/2014Usually when you order Salmon or a pork chop in a restaurant you get an equally dried out and mostly tasteless poorly cooked food. At Martin we were treated to a wealth of very subtly flavored tasty entrées with gratifying texture, expertly prepared and beautifully presented that was worth every minute and every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InspiredwriterDined on 11/4/2014Food was fresh and creatively combined with menu items selected according to season and locally produced food itemsSpecial Features:
- Great food and servicePogoVIPDined on 11/2/2014While too many Santa Fe restaurants have started to sacrifice quality for quantity in order to meet the demands of the tourist trade, Restaurant Martin continues to serve only the finest food with excellent service.Special Features:
- Unbelievable food!antcheDined on 11/1/2014We were blown away by the quality of the food at Martin. We dine regularly at fine dining establishments, and Martin shined in terms of food and service. Appetizers: + Heirloom beet salad - amazing cheese + Carnaroli lobster risotto - good portion and tasty without being too rich Mains: + Pork chop - unbelievably tender and flavorful + Duck - served medium and perfectly complemented with veggies and a grain + Black Angus beef tenderloin - incredibly tasty cut, melted in your mouth with a light sauce that featured the meat and did not overpower it Dessert: + Chocolate cake with homemade ice cream - we subbed in coconut ice cream - it was amazing + Assorted homemade ice creams - all were excellent especially the fresh fruit in itSpecial Features:
- Good food, so-so servicePickyEaterDined on 10/31/2014We arrived to an almost empty restaurant. The hostess took our name, verified reservation, and proceeded to take a phone call, leaving us standing in the doorway, blocking incoming diners. Not a very attentive move! We were there first, she should have turned us over to our waiter before taking a phone call. Rude! After that, the service was fine until we were finished with our meal. By that time the place was busy, and we sat and waited for awhile before getting our check. The food was great, creative and tastey. No complaints there. Will return again, and hope for a better hostess.Special Features:
- ALWAYS A TREATOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2014Dinner at Restaurant Martin is always a treat. We were seated, as requested, at a quiet corner table. The waitstaff was attentive, helpful, professional, and fun! Everything was presented in style with obvious creativity in the kitchen. Already looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014Five of us went to Restaurant Martin for my adult daughter's birthday dinner. Food, service, ambiance... all were wonderful.Special Features:
- Quiet neighborhood placeacepieVIPDined on 10/26/2014This is a sleek, quiet place. It is just a bit boring! Our server was terrific. There was not much of interest on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant MartinshakirDined on 10/25/2014I was visiting Santa Fe for the weekend and was really looking forward to dining at Restaurant Martin. The food was truly extraordinary, but the service was lackluster. we waited too long for the server to greet us and she did not provide the correct silverware for my first course. i had to flag down a busser, which took ten minutes. Also although he restaurant was not noisy, but I could hear every word of the conversation at the next table since the space between tables is tight. I was thinking afterward that I did not hear any music, which would have had the effect of drowning out the voice of the woman at the next table.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceHappydinerDined on 10/25/2014From the time one is seated until one departs, the diner is treated to impeccable service, and beautifully presented wonderfully tasty food. The creativity of Chef Martin's food is certainly a trademark of a great chef which he is. I'd recommend Restaurant Martin to my friends and Santa Fe visitors alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Discerning DinerDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 10/25/2014This used to be one of my favorite restaurants. At this time, I really don't know what this famous chef is thinking. At a whim, he changes the preparation of any dish that he wants to, with no mention to the diner. He seems more interested in making a pretty dish than a delicious meal. My meal last week was a mess. The main course which is always served on a dry platter with side sauces and garnish was sitting in a bowl of tasteless broth and was soggy and falling apart. My husband's meat was tough and totally unseasoned. I afraid we won't be going there again.
- CreativeCreativeDined on 10/24/2014Very creative vegetarian plate with about 7 little sides, all delicious and tastes complimenting each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonaldDined on 10/22/2014This is a wonderful restaurant, nice and friendly service, serviced very professional. Food was elegant and very nicely presented. Prices were very reasonable for service and quality of food. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 10/19/2014Expensive for just OK food Great service!!!! Will not be in a rush to go back
- Consistently goodLuciAnnPDined on 10/19/2014I have eaten lunch and dinner at Restaurant Martin several times and have always found it friendly, relaxed and with excellent food. Our recent Sunday brunch experience was the same. The food is freshly prepared with high quality ingredients, and the portions are ample.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Janet PhillipsJuanitaDined on 10/17/2014Restaurant Martin is good but lacks that over-the-top awesomeness.
- WonderfulThomVIPDined on 10/14/2014I don't often write reviews here, but this restaurant is wonderful. The food is unique and displays Martin Rios' skill and creativity as a chef. Charles was a knowledgable and attentive server. Don't miss dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014Visiting Santa Fe and were so happy to find this restaurant. The food was amazing and beautifully prepared. The service was perfect. The chocolate truffle dessert ended the evening perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night Dinner for 4HoustondinerDined on 10/11/2014We arrived slightly early and were immediately seated in a fairly quiet, pleasant but somewhat crowded smallish dining room, one of several. The waitress was pleasant, efficient, and very knowledgeable regarding both the food and wine. The menu was interesting and varied and both the starter and main courses were nicely presented and appeared to be as described. The negative, and it is an important one is that the food was a bit bland and just not that interesting. Both my wife and I had pork tenderloin which was basically without flavor. We enjoyed a pleasant evening, but the food does not want to make me rush back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungryGuinnessTootDined on 10/8/2014The overall taste of the food was very good but the portions were small. I walked away hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Santa Fe's best!bugsyVIPDined on 9/30/2014Restaurant Martin gets my vote: fantastic food, great presentation, impeccable service. I'm always pleasantly surprised when I try a new dish...flavors I never knew existed dance off my tongue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- almost very goodroneatsoutDined on 9/28/2014On a Sunday night the restaurant was about a third full. The hostess was very professional and friendly. Outdoor seating was very nice. Service was exceptional. Staff was attentive without being obvious. The first courses were both great (pork belly) the tastes accompanying the bellies were interesting and complementary, and cooked perfectly. The wine was moderately priced at $50, and well worth the price. The entrees were beautifully presented-pork loin and salmon- and the accompanying dishes were well prepared. The disappointment was that both entrees were overcooked. We specified that the fish be medium-rare and the pork rare/medium rare. Both arrived medium to well done. Dessert was wonderful-panna cotta. Almost very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartinHmbaiaDined on 9/27/2014The food was excellent. The atmosphere was good. The service was a bit down. Twice, the server reached over one party to get to the other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major disappointmentLetseatVAVIPDined on 9/23/2014The dining space is attractive in the precisely the same Santa Fe minimalism of every other high end restaurant in town. Nice but nothing interesting. The first course (soup for me, pork belly for my friend) were acceptable, but the server splattered the soup and acted offended when I asked for a spoon. The mains (duck for me, scallops for my friend) were simply bad, over salted and improperly cooked. We probably should not have been surprised by the quality of the mains, since we waited almost an hour for them. The only person who asked about our meal was the hostess who was doing extra duty by filling water glasses. There are very good restaurants in Santa Fe, including some amazing cheap ears, give Martins a pass.
- Best Restaurant in the stateLandofEnchantmentDined on 9/20/2014What can I say? Chef Rios is nationally critically acclaimed and deservedly so. Wonderful experience as always. The surprise in this meal was the pickled blueberries with the duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near the stationgreatDined on 9/19/2014As always, the food and wine were great. I am so glad this restaurant is near the Train station. We come from Albuquerque on friday, have dinner and can still take the train back that evening.Special Features:
- Always sublimeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/19/2014We had a very delicious luncheon at Restaurant Martin. Dining outside on one of the last days of summer was sublime. The green chile, bacon cheeseburger with sweet potato fries was delicious. Dining companion's chicken sandwich was also superb. Impeccable service always accompanies the delicious food. Love this place!Special Features:
- Nice but slighty boringTomADined on 9/18/2014I ate at Restaurant Martin during a 3-day trip to Santa Fe, based primarily on the chef's reputation. The menu is mostly mainstream American standards with a few exotic touches here and there. There is nothing wrong with “safe” mainstream dishes that are made with high quality ingredients and are carefully prepared. But despite this, I came away from my dinner at Restaurant Martin feeling somewhat bored and that something was missing that would have lifted the food from good to excellent. I wanted the food to be more exciting.
- High End LunchlunchersDined on 9/16/2014It's not as easy to find a high end lunch menu in Santa Fe as one would think. Although Restaurant Martin's lunch menu is weighted towards sandwiches, everything from soup through dessert & espresso was prepared and presented so well and the service was so good that in the end it didn't matter. Their panna cotta dessert was heavenly!Special Features:
- Fine Dining in Santa FeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I had dinner with our son at Restaurant Martin recently and enjoyed it very much. The décor is simple and casual, the service is excellent, the food is top notch and the wine list is very interesting. It was comfortably full, but not packed on a Saturday night. When I got the check, I realized why as it is definitely a higher end restaurant...more for special occasions than frequent visits..as the price for dinner with wine and tip will be in the $100/person range.Special Features:
- A very nice eveningAGDCommDined on 9/12/2014Restaurant Martin is always one of the very best restaurants in Santa Fe, and our most recent visit there was no exception. After a slightly rocky start -- our server took a long time to ask for a drink order and she made us feel hurried to put in our orders -- the evening was very good. Three of the four of us ordered the vegetarian special, a tasting menu of six small dishes, and we all liked it.Special Features:
- Great dinnerLaineVIPDined on 9/12/2014We loved Restaurant Martin. We eat here every time we come to Santa Fe and the food was still right up at the top. Our waiter Charles was outstanding too - and help make it a wonderful evening for us. We'll definitely be back the next time we come to Santa Fe.Special Features:
- PerfectLouAnnVIPDined on 9/12/2014Food Outstanding, Service Outstanding, Ambience Outstanding. We have been quite often to Restaurant Martin and never disappoints.Special Features:
- Too limited and way too slow!STCJVIPDined on 9/12/2014I left after an hour's time even though my lunch had finally arrived. The seating is just way too uncomfortable to wait that long for lunch and then to be social for another 45 minutes. They can't seem to handle 3 tables of 6 and some misc tables. Ordering staff and getting it right is as important as the food itself. With such a limited boring menu they should be able to get it right, especially when you take the time to make a reservation. The service was no better than Denny's; 1.45 hours for lunch gave me the opportunity to read the WSJ cover to cover, but did little to keep me on my 1 hour lunch schedule. We will not even get into parking let alone handicapped parking.
- The Best Resturant in Santa FeStreetguyVIPDined on 9/5/2014You can always count on this restaurant for a wonderfu meal-- things cooked creatively, often these days, souvide, plated beautifully in a friendly and unpretentious environment. My fried oysters and my wife chilled pea soup were great starters. My duck was an unusual cut, tender and sweet. My wife's pork loin was also a winner. No deserts because there was plenty of food.Special Features:
- senzanomeDined on 9/4/2014Attractive space; generally friendly staff; tables spaced nicely for conversation. Interesting menu and some successful dishes. Our starters were excellent, but the main courses were disappointing. A pork tenderloin with black fig reduction, haricots verts and assorted garnishes was attractively presented, but not tasty, or even tender. The wine list is satisfactory but uninspired and (albeit unevenly) overpriced. The "manager" coached and trained the waitstaff within earshot of customers. There is talent in the kitchen here, but very rough edges. Given alternatives in Santa Fe, I would personally be reluctant to go back.
- A divine conjuction of tastesZephyrDined on 8/31/2014Clear evening skies bathed my wife and me with a shirtsleeve temperature while we enjoyed blond Lillet and contemplated the menu. Choices became difficult and we teased our waiter that we'd both settle for the chicken--which would have been without equal. Pea soup (a description that doesn't do justice to the color, taste or treasures sunken beneath) and risotto was perfect for my bride. Beet salad, sea bass (the preparation defies description) ended with desert--words for that, well, I'm lost for them. Great wines. Going back before Christmas. Reservation already made. You'd better hurry.Special Features: