Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantmartin.com/
- Phone: 5058200919x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - Close; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Martin Rios
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can build menus at a variety of price points to meet customer needs and requests. Our highly skilled kitchen staff can accommodate groups and menus of any sort.
- Private Party Facilities: With the addition of our Annex we are now able to accommodate larger parties in a private setting. Beautiful bay doors open up onto our patio for private all weather accommodations.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer or Rosario 5058200919x
- Special Events: Banquets, weddings, birthdays, anniversary, and large gatherings all welcome.
- Cross Street: Paseo de Peralta
- Public Transit: The Railrunner from Albuquerque stops a few short blocks from our front door and Santa Fe's public bus system runs right past our restaurant.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Approximately twenty parking spots on property and a multi-level public parking structure four doors down.
A word from Restaurant Martin
Restaurant Martin offers progressive American cuisine prepared by New Mexico's most noted and award winning Chef, Martin Rios at a most accessible price point. Restaurant Martin was a semi-finalist for the 2010 James Beard "Best New Restaurant in the US" and Chef Martin was a semi-finalist for the 2011 James Beard "Best Chef of the Southwest". Chef Martin's cuisine was recently featured on Food TV's Iron Chef America (the only Chef from New Mexico to ever receive such an invitation), and the Cooking Chnnel's "United Tastes of America". He has also been recognized as the Best Chef of both Santa Fe and the State of New Mexico, featured as one of the National Pork Association's Top Chefs and named one of the select Robert Mondavi Celebrated Chefs. Restaurant Martin is Santa Fe's only Chef driven and owned restaurant at this most reasonable price point. Prepare to eat one of the most memorable meals of your life at Restaurant Martin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Restaurant Martin - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Restaurant Martin reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (113)great for outdoor dining (101)special occasion (90)romantic (65)neighborhood gem (51)notable wine list (51)great for lunch (34)good for groups (26)great for brunch (24)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- A divine conjuction of tastesOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/31/2014Clear evening skies bathed my wife and me with a shirtsleeve temperature while we enjoyed blond Lillet and contemplated the menu. Choices became difficult and we teased our waiter that we'd both settle for the chicken--which would have been without equal. Pea soup (a description that doesn't do justice to the color, taste or treasures sunken beneath) and risotto was perfect for my bride. Beet salad, sea bass (the preparation defies description) ended with desert--words for that, well, I'm lost for them. Great wines. Going back before Christmas. Reservation already made. You'd better hurry.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/31/2014At a recent lunch for 4, it took a long time to get any service. The waiter did acknowledge and apologize for this. Food was uninspired: crab cakes were dull and an order of huevos rancheros was just one big gloppy mess. When we got our check, we discovered that 2 additional items had been added to it. It took a while to get this straightened out. Fortunately, Santa Fe has several better dining options than this place.
- peb3VIPDined on 8/30/2014One of the nicest spots in Santa Fe for an outstanding al fresco dinner.Special Features:
- BAD SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014We chose to eat in the inside dining room rather than outside -apparently a huge mistake. As more diners came to the restaurant,they all chose to eat outside, and that is where our waitress went. The service was unacceptable for a restaurant of this caliber. The bread basket was hard and stale. Our waitress disappeared, and we had to find anyone passing by to refill tea, bring more bread (the second basket was not stale) or to even bring the check (we found the hostess).Special Features:
- Consistently Wonderful!TaosChickDined on 8/28/2014Restaurant Martin never disappoints. It's a beautiful venue with amazing culinary creations, a suburb wine list, and good service to boot!Special Features:
- Excellent service for table of 10OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/26/2014Restaurant Martin continues to be an outstanding lunch spot even for a large group. The service was perfectly attentive but not intrusive for a work meeting. The food was excellent and presentation very attractive. The ambiance offers a cozy neighborhood feel.Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/21/2014We ate inside at lunchtime. The food was good not great and the service was terrible. Our waiter seemed to concentrate on the outside tables.
- Martin consistently greatlaughrobDined on 8/20/2014A couple of restaurants around town shined when they had Chef Martin Rios, His restaurant is one of the best and always good. SO glad it expanded.Special Features:
- Good food, but watch the extras!caminogalDined on 8/19/2014We dined on the very breezy patio. The food was very good, and the waiter very patient with our long, long conversation. It is so nice not to be rushed when the chance to spend time with friends presents itself. It was a surprise to see the size of the check, much inflated by $4 cups of coffee and small but expensive dessert.Special Features:
- good food minimal serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014the food was excellent. the server was phoning it in. He never checked to see how it was, never gave an overview of the 5 veggie dishes on the veg platter. He didn't even bring our food- someone from the kitchen did . Thank god for the busboy who filled our water and brought us bread! The restaurant was half empty but they sat us next to a table of obnoxious pretentious loud people- ughhhhhSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine Food InterventionmooseVIPDined on 8/15/2014We so totally enjoyed our dinner. It could not have been better. Food, wine, patio, cool breezes. Perfecto!Special Features:
- magnificent food and servicedpsjVIPDined on 8/15/2014we did the walking tour with the Santa Fe Cooking School and had to come back for a complete dinner it was so worth it as we really had great food and service see you againSpecial Features:
- PdaspitVIPDined on 8/14/2014Chef Rios continues to hit it out of the park with regards the food service, servers and location. Hopefully you can dine outside. Urge anyone visiting the City Different to dine here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/13/2014After hearing such great comments, we were disappointed. Dined outside and were place in the back of a shed with little light . . slow service, but pleasant waitress. The food is "showboating" . . each dish is like a contest to display the unique capabilities of thee chef . . risotto in a"caked format topped with "chunks of lobster and sliced fruit around the edges ? Really ?Special Features:
- Not up to previous qualitycoloradotravelerVIPDined on 8/10/2014Our dinner last Sunday for 6 was a disappointment compared to lunches we have had in previous years at Restaurant Martin. We go to Santa Fe for the opera every year and decided to try the restaurant for dinner because menu and reviews looked good. Unfortunately, all three of our fish dishes were overcooked, but the server never came to the table to enquire about our meals so we could tell him. We had to flag down someone to get pepper and water refills. Server came once, but only to sell more wine. Presentations of the dishes were superb but the overcooking of the fish was not up to the standards we expected for this restaurant. Prices were quite high for the quality of the food and service.Special Features:
- LyndaDined on 8/9/2014Four of us tried Restaurant Martin on Saturday night. We were not thrilled with two of our meals. One, the tenderloin was not tender. The salmon was done nicely, but the veggies with it, were flavorless. I special fish of the night was very good. I guess we expected more from a restaurant that is getting such high reviews. Serves was marginal. In our opinion there are much better restaurants in Santa Fe.
- Fantastic!KgstevensonDined on 8/9/2014This was our first time at Restaurant Martin, and we will certainly be back. My wife and I visit Santa Fe often, and are always on the look out for great restaurants whose menu's aren't overly New Mexican, and Restaurant Martin fit the bill. The food, service, and ambiance were all fantastic, the wine list was impressive and extensive, and enjoyed the overall experience more than many of our usual spots (like luminaria, tanti luci 221, dinner for two, etc.).Special Features:
- Nice evening out.TitoDined on 8/8/2014Martin's has a variety of seating options, which is a plus. There's a totally outdoor dining area and a partial outdoor experience, that was once upon a time a garage and indoors. The food was quite good, depending on what was ordered. The ahi tartar was outstanding, while the lamb was only adequate. The service was okay, but our waiter was not thrilled with his job and it showed.Special Features:
- looked gooddieonDined on 8/8/2014handsome presentation = taste peculiar - stunning first impression quickly forgottenSpecial Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014We thought the food and service were excellent. In fact, we cancelled the reservation we had the following night and went back. It was just as good in every way!Special Features:
- Great Patio DiningNicknameVIPDined on 8/5/2014Wonderful food on a secluded outdoor patio....everyone should go!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only okDrmickjrVIPDined on 8/5/2014Restaurant Martin can sometimes offer a very good meal, but we have found that the food is inconsistent, especially given the relatively expensive options offered. The wine list is overpriced. The best feature of this restaurant is the setting, as both the outdoor and inside dining areas are well-designed and attractive. Service is erratic.
- Great Service/Great AmbianceSwissmissDined on 8/2/2014The food was a little fussy for my taste -- all good, but too much going on with each dish. Small portions weren't appreciated by the guys in our group, although I prefer that to too much . Overall good, not great, experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding every time.PeggDined on 8/2/2014We visit Santa Fe once a year to attend the opera. Restaurant Martin has been on our 'must' list every year. Every thing about this restaurant is outstanding. This year I had organic chicken and it was delicious. My husband had the beef tenderloin and it was cooked perfectly. The service was impeccable as usual. This is a perfect restaurant for a quiet romantic dinner. We will keep returning.Special Features:
- ExcellentZakefDined on 7/31/2014Staff was wonderful and good was great. Lots of vegetarian choices. Chef seafood special was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Must GocostosVIPDined on 7/27/2014We have been visiting Santa Fe to attend the opera for the last ten years. Over that time we have formed our opinions about the best places to stay and to dine. This was our first visit to Restaurant Martin and it vaulted straight to the top of our list. We shared a crispy pork belly appetizer that was perfectly prepared. Our mains were a Lamb Rack and Duck both of which were excellent. The wine list is well balanced and well priced. The staff was friendly, professional and knowledgeable. We sat in the outside patio and when the thunderstorm passed it was a delightful entertainment watching the staff negotiate the trip from kitchen to the protected tables while holding their umbrellas over the food and themselves. Return we will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous findCookiebakerDined on 7/26/2014Loved the choices in seating-inside and outside under cover. Staff was attentive, knowledgable about the menu and professional. Food was exquisite e.g. The fresh pea cold soup was poured over shrimp, carrot panna cotta and lime granita. What a spectacular dish with simple, yet elegant flavors and presentation! Portions were reasonable and not oversized. We enjoyed a delightful dinner for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RioinNjVIPDined on 7/24/2014Beautiful outdoor space. House turned into a restaurant and backyard and garage were beautifully landscaped and decorated. Food was excellent although service could have been better. Felt like restaurant was understaffed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely evening in the patioFrauPDined on 7/22/2014We ate in the patio, which was lovely and quiet. The oyster appetizer was outstanding, as was the panna cotta for dessert. The entrees were good, but not great. The chicken dish was tasty, but not as described on the menu. There's a very good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoor diningalwaysthere1VIPDined on 7/20/2014Lovely outdoor dining at Restaurant Martin with knowledgable and friendly staffSpecial Features:
- Disappointed this time.LocalFoodieDined on 7/19/2014I have eaten at restaurant martin a dozen times and this is the first time I was disappointed with the food. The apps were amazing, as usual, but 2 out of 3 entrees (the chef special seafood, which was a halibut) and the salmon were grossly under-seasoned and overcooked and dry. I will be back, but I was sad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodpanamaDined on 7/19/2014The service was exceptional and the food as always great. I would and will come againSpecial Features:
- TippingJAW1VIPDined on 7/18/2014Too bad server knew she was getting her 20 % tip because then she did not need to be attentive to our table of six. Plus do not recall this auto tip being applied to groups of six. It is usually eight We often tip 20% and even more when it is deserved. In this case it was not. Would not bring a group back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding experiencehennypennyDined on 7/18/2014The food was fabulous, very beautiful in appearance, healthy and superb flavors with expert preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABQannDined on 7/18/2014A delightful lunch spot. anxious to go now for dinner.Special Features:
- DinnerGolfboy22Dined on 7/17/2014We were sat outside very few people and so no ambience we should have been moved inside for a better experience as we saw when we left.food was good and interesting but too expensive.I think be ing outside on our own detractedSpecial Features:
- So disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/16/2014We are super foodies and were so looking forward to this restaurant! We sampled 5 dishes between the 3 of us and no one was happy...only redeeming dish was the beet salad. I had fried oysters -- one was spoiled and the others were tasteless. Duck was ok, needed seasoning and the beautiful spring vegetables were soaked in oil and unseasoned. General comments: totally bland, no flavor. BEAUTIFULLY presented but the tuna was SO BLAND, sauce was watery, black rice blah and mush. The sea bass was cooked ok, again, no seasoning. The croquettes -- crab & potato were delicious but those were 2 bites. Don't now if the aging of the Santa Fe population has caused the chef to omit flavor but this tasteless food was a real disappointment.
- We especially liked the Pana cotaJimmyDined on 7/13/2014Enjoyed a romantic birthday dinner for two. All was great but the Pana cota really rocked and the vegetarian sampler never disappoints..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food.AesopVIPDined on 7/13/2014Food is very good, but borderline too fussy with multiple small pieces of this and that in a dish. Pork tenderloin, despite being cooked sous vide, was over-cooked. Some desserts have silly ingredients, like popcorn, which seems to be an affectation of the chef. Wine list has too few 40-50 dollar wines and is poorly organized.
- Best in Santa FeDineronthegoDined on 7/12/2014Food, service and ambiance measured up to expectations. I'm sorry I won't be able to dine at Martin's again anytime soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.