9 Franklin Tpk
Allendale, NJ 07401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantlnj.net/
- Phone: 2017851112x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Restaurant L host your next affair. Call Janet to book that special event.
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant L hosts your private events on Sundays accommodating up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Janet Sudac 2017851112x
- Entertainment: Ladies night every Wednesday at the bar, Happy Hour drink specials all evening.
A word from Restaurant L
A cozy neighbor restaurant with Modern American and global cuisine. Restaurant L also features expertly and simply prepared dishes. The menu is highlighted by an array of flavorful and classic comfort foods including; Lobster & Shrimp Quesadilla and Crispy Pork Shank over Truffle Noodles.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Restaurant L - Best Restaurants in Allendale ›
Restaurant L reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (17)romantic (16)special occasion (15)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (10)hot spot (7)good for groups (6)notable wine list (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Consistently Deliciousluv2dineDined on 10/17/2014I have been to Restaurant L several times. I am always impressed with the delicious food, friendly and knowledgeable staff, as well as the comfortably quiet dining room. I have also enjoyed evenings at the large bar area for drinks and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014Food was delicious, they didn't rush you, service was very good , attentive waitress. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What does a L stand for?GuacAliciousVIPDined on 10/10/2014Live. Love. Laughter. And this is what we did! The food is always good here! This is a special place for my husband and I and like to come here for Valentine's. We broke that tradition and opened this up to friends and they enjoyed it just as much. Short ribs and the shrimp tequila-lime are our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat yourself5LadiesDined on 10/10/2014My go-to place for birthday/anniversary. Fabulous creative martinis, good food, super excellent service.Special Features:
- Fabulous FoodmoonduckDined on 9/23/2014Each time we dine at Restaurant L, we are always amazed at the quality of the food. Tonight was no exception. We shared the lobster and shrimp quesadilla and it was delicious. My husband had the Restaurant L Burger and it was prepared exactly the way he likes it. Usually, he has to send his burgers back to be cooked to his liking. I decided to have the Napoleon Eggplant (usually a starter) for my dinner. Everything was fabulous and the service was excellent. Can't wait to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becoming a favorite...luvtoeat6Dined on 9/13/2014We went out for dinner last Saturday night with 2 other couples, and all of us enjoyed Restaurant L. Everyone's food was delicious. First, they honored our reservation, so when we arrived we were seated immediately. There were 6 of us and I requested a round table, and that is what we got. We loved their rolls, which came out hot from the oven. We had different meals, from short ribs, to pecan crusted chicken, to Tilapia and another chicken dish. Everyone was happy... We had coffee and dessert and were very pleased. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!JoycebentlVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food at Restaurant L was luscious, lovely and the place was lively! The hamburgers were done just right and the lobster pizza was delectable! Would come back for a return visit! Nicely done, Restaurant L!Special Features:
- Not a good experienceFoodyBuddyDined on 9/7/2014Was looking forward to going, 1st time to the L. Will not go back. Waiter was very good. Ambiance? Ok. Salad and appetizer came out at the same time. Salad was overdressed and heavy on the vinegar. Tuna? Tartar. Not quite sure it was tuna looked more like salmon and it was heavy with ginger! Pecan encrusted chicken - over cooked and swimming in sauce. Veggies were good. However, Steak dinner was very good.
- Always consistently Great FoodShawnDined on 9/6/2014This local intimate restaurant never disappoints. Everytime we go, we have a very enjoyable dining experience and ask ourselves why we don't go back more often. I recommend this to couples who would like a nice quiet meal with their significant other. The wine list is not extensive but the wines on the list are excellent. Make sure you make a reservation on busy nights as it is a relatively small restaurant.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Good food. Well prepared with a home style touch.Special Features:
- Great "tastes"!!PhilipVIPDined on 9/2/2014Another excellent meal (appetizer and main course). Always very tasty, with some unusual dishes to choose from.Special Features:
- Great food nestled in Bergen CountymoonduckDined on 8/31/2014Every time we go to Restaurant L we have a lovely time. The food is delicious and the service attentive without being overly so. My husband had the Hangar Steak and I had the Tequila Lime Shrimp. We also had the Panko Breaded Shrimp for an appetizer and the limoncello cake and cannoli for dessert. I also love the Pecan Chicken and the Napoleon Eggplant. Great food at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Local FavoriteClsoe2homeDined on 8/29/2014Varied menu, tasty food, attentive service. Food came out hot as it should. Comfortable chairs. Have been there several times and plan to make it a regular dining spot.Special Features:
- MiloVIPDined on 8/25/2014Enjoyed another great meal at Restaurant L. It has now become our favorite place to eat. We've brought our friends and family to experience our "secret" place to go. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. We always have a great time and great food at Restaurant L.Special Features:
- Fourth VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014On our fourth visit we continue to enjoy well prepared food and excellent service in this small but elegant restaurant.Special Features:
- Delicious dinnergastrogirlDined on 8/13/2014Went with my son. I had tequila lime shrimp with an awesome guac. My son had raw clams and crab ravioli. Everything was delicious. Wait staff very attentive and friendly. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Great foodLove2eatDined on 8/1/2014Awesome short rib ravioli and the key lime pie martini is to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good StuffReviewmanVIPDined on 7/29/2014Happened to be in the area and went here as a lark. Very happy with the decision. Good food and service. Will try dinner next timeSpecial Features:
- Always a winnerHunertDined on 7/28/2014We have enjoyed this restaurant in the past, but this was our first time dining there on a Monday night. The food was above average and the atmosphere was excellent. Note that on Fridays and Saturdays, this restaurant is much livelier and a bit more noisy ( especially in the bar). But that's a good thing in my opinion. I want a little more energy on the weekend. Service was a little uneven. We had to ask for service most of the time, but when we did it was quick and accurate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L is for Let's Go!KcnjDined on 7/26/2014Awesome meal, great service and very accommodating with many requests!Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner.JoeWDined on 7/26/2014Visited Saturday with friends. Excellent food with great, friendly service. Room is a bit loud but not overbearing. Terrific desserts rounded out a great meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner experienceMsAllendaleDined on 7/16/2014This was my first experience for dinner at Restaurant L. I ordered the tequila-lime shrimp and although the dish was tasty, I found the shrimp to be a little tough. My date said his salmon was excellent. I tried a bite of it, and I do agree that it was cooked to perfection. The atmosphere and service was very good. I moved to Allendale in June of 2012 and am trying different restaurants in the area. I could not get reservations during Christmas week at a specific time for dinner, so I put it on the back burner. My first-time experience at the restaurant was quite pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014What a great meal - everything was delicious... My husband said his 1/2 roasted chicken was the maybe best chicken he ever had. Lobster pizza was delicious.Special Features:
- Second timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014Our second dinner experience was as good as the first. Very good food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemDLREDined on 7/12/2014The Tequila Lime Shrimp was fantastic - and noted many times from others' online reviews. My husband enjoyed one of their dinner specials, the seared sesame tuna. We are accustomed to a more rare seared tuna, but didn't complain. Didn't think I would have room for their donut dessert, but they are so light, the raspberry filled was my favorite. It's a small dining room, so not a jumping hot spot, but the food quality is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sleepingdog3Dined on 7/11/2014We dined here on Friday evening & thoroughly enjoyed our experience. While the restaurant is somewhat difficult to get into most other times of the year, NJ Shore season seems to make it easier to get in in the Summer months. The food was well prepared, delicious and beautifully presented. The quality of our meals was very good. Soft lights and cozy tables make for a very enjoyable evening with someone you want to spend some time with. Relaxed, not rushed. Noise level very tolerable, as everyone else is just as into their own scene as we were. Also came here once for lunch with a friend and had the same great experience. Lovely wait staff. Great attention to detail. Thanks, Restaurant for a very relaxing evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 162 reviews are from the Restaurant L reviews archive.
- Upscale dining and delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2014Nice atmosphere, upscale dining, courteous staff, delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant LMontvaleBobDined on 6/23/2014We are new to the area and visited this restaurant for dinner, for the first time, on the advice of friends and neighbors. We were very pleased with the friendly service, variety and quality of the food. In particular we would recommend the lobster pizza appetizer. Prices were reasonable, considering the quality. We will be returning for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends night outLowSaltReqdDined on 6/21/2014Well worth trying this cozy restaurant. We got there a bit early for our reservation but our table was ready and we were promptly seated. Valet parking made it easy. Service was attentive and friendly. Try the tuna tartar appetizer and beet salad; both were excellent. All our entrées were delicious. Save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/8/2014you must try the grilled lobster flatbread pizza a winnerSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantmarlewDined on 6/7/2014From the moment we stepped foot in Restaurant L, it felt like home...The service, food and drinks were wonderful. Looking forward to our next time there already...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/3/2014Quaint little restaurant with only a few tables, but the fod and service was excellent!! It's a place we will definitely frequent often!!!Special Features:
- Great MenuPhilipVIPDined on 6/1/2014Restaurant L has a terrific menu. A lot of very different and very tasty choices. Service is excellent.Special Features:
- Great Local RestaurantjjalhDined on 5/31/2014We love it here...only negative is the tables for 2 are very small.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/25/2014Food and service is very nice...wine is way overpriced and on the low end side...wud be a home run if bar selections were better..beer colder..wine chilled and better choicesSpecial Features:
- A lovely eveningChoirmom1Dined on 4/24/2014Very comfortable dining experience. Plenty of food and drink choices, prompt and polite service. Food was very good, portions were plentiful.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerElainaVIPDined on 4/5/2014Dinner was excellent. Food was very good, along with service. Resturant was very accommodating. Loved the Menu selection which included Atlantic Salmon And organic chicken. Presentation was a+. Lovely local place for dinner. Will be going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodsteveDined on 4/5/2014we had a nice lunch at Restaurant L ...the food was very delicious and presented very nicely....the doughnuts were to die for!!!Special Features:
- great foodate2muchDined on 3/28/2014Food has always been great. Service also has never been a problem. However, I was only given 2 choices online for a reservation, 6:15 or 9pm. We were there at 6:15 and were the only people in the dining room. By 7pm, only 2 other tables were occupied. The room was not full until we were leaving near 9 pm. Are there restrictions to online reservations? I am wondering if calling in the reservation would have made a difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant was empty. FoodParamusKVIPDined on 3/23/2014Restaurant was empty. Food was good. Service was fair. We always seemed to be looking for someone to refill water. Food came out separately but was hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.