9 Franklin Tpk
Allendale, NJ 07401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantlnj.net/
- Phone: 2017851112x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Restaurant L host your next affair. Call Janet to book that special event.
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant L hosts your private events on Sundays accommodating up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Janet Sudac 2017851112x
- Entertainment: Ladies night every Wednesday at the bar, Happy Hour drink specials all evening.
A word from Restaurant L
A cozy neighbor restaurant with Modern American and global cuisine. Restaurant L also features expertly and simply prepared dishes. The menu is highlighted by an array of flavorful and classic comfort foods including; Lobster & Shrimp Quesadilla and Crispy Pork Shank over Truffle Noodles.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Restaurant L reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (13)romantic (10)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (4)good for groups (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- MiloVIPDined on 8/25/2014Enjoyed another great meal at Restaurant L. It has now become our favorite place to eat. We've brought our friends and family to experience our "secret" place to go. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. We always have a great time and great food at Restaurant L.Special Features:
- Fourth VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014On our fourth visit we continue to enjoy well prepared food and excellent service in this small but elegant restaurant.Special Features:
- Delicious dinnergastrogirlDined on 8/13/2014Went with my son. I had tequila lime shrimp with an awesome guac. My son had raw clams and crab ravioli. Everything was delicious. Wait staff very attentive and friendly. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Great foodLove2eatDined on 8/1/2014Awesome short rib ravioli and the key lime pie martini is to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good StuffReviewmanVIPDined on 7/29/2014Happened to be in the area and went here as a lark. Very happy with the decision. Good food and service. Will try dinner next timeSpecial Features:
- Always a winnerHunertDined on 7/28/2014We have enjoyed this restaurant in the past, but this was our first time dining there on a Monday night. The food was above average and the atmosphere was excellent. Note that on Fridays and Saturdays, this restaurant is much livelier and a bit more noisy ( especially in the bar). But that's a good thing in my opinion. I want a little more energy on the weekend. Service was a little uneven. We had to ask for service most of the time, but when we did it was quick and accurate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L is for Let's Go!KcnjDined on 7/26/2014Awesome meal, great service and very accommodating with many requests!Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner.JoeWDined on 7/26/2014Visited Saturday with friends. Excellent food with great, friendly service. Room is a bit loud but not overbearing. Terrific desserts rounded out a great meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner experienceMsAllendaleDined on 7/16/2014This was my first experience for dinner at Restaurant L. I ordered the tequila-lime shrimp and although the dish was tasty, I found the shrimp to be a little tough. My date said his salmon was excellent. I tried a bite of it, and I do agree that it was cooked to perfection. The atmosphere and service was very good. I moved to Allendale in June of 2012 and am trying different restaurants in the area. I could not get reservations during Christmas week at a specific time for dinner, so I put it on the back burner. My first-time experience at the restaurant was quite pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014What a great meal - everything was delicious... My husband said his 1/2 roasted chicken was the maybe best chicken he ever had. Lobster pizza was delicious.Special Features:
- Second timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014Our second dinner experience was as good as the first. Very good food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemDLREDined on 7/12/2014The Tequila Lime Shrimp was fantastic - and noted many times from others' online reviews. My husband enjoyed one of their dinner specials, the seared sesame tuna. We are accustomed to a more rare seared tuna, but didn't complain. Didn't think I would have room for their donut dessert, but they are so light, the raspberry filled was my favorite. It's a small dining room, so not a jumping hot spot, but the food quality is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sleepingdog3Dined on 7/11/2014We dined here on Friday evening & thoroughly enjoyed our experience. While the restaurant is somewhat difficult to get into most other times of the year, NJ Shore season seems to make it easier to get in in the Summer months. The food was well prepared, delicious and beautifully presented. The quality of our meals was very good. Soft lights and cozy tables make for a very enjoyable evening with someone you want to spend some time with. Relaxed, not rushed. Noise level very tolerable, as everyone else is just as into their own scene as we were. Also came here once for lunch with a friend and had the same great experience. Lovely wait staff. Great attention to detail. Thanks, Restaurant for a very relaxing evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale dining and delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2014Nice atmosphere, upscale dining, courteous staff, delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant LMontvaleBobDined on 6/23/2014We are new to the area and visited this restaurant for dinner, for the first time, on the advice of friends and neighbors. We were very pleased with the friendly service, variety and quality of the food. In particular we would recommend the lobster pizza appetizer. Prices were reasonable, considering the quality. We will be returning for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends night outLowSaltReqdDined on 6/21/2014Well worth trying this cozy restaurant. We got there a bit early for our reservation but our table was ready and we were promptly seated. Valet parking made it easy. Service was attentive and friendly. Try the tuna tartar appetizer and beet salad; both were excellent. All our entrées were delicious. Save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/8/2014you must try the grilled lobster flatbread pizza a winnerSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantmarlewDined on 6/7/2014From the moment we stepped foot in Restaurant L, it felt like home...The service, food and drinks were wonderful. Looking forward to our next time there already...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/3/2014Quaint little restaurant with only a few tables, but the fod and service was excellent!! It's a place we will definitely frequent often!!!Special Features:
- Great MenuPhilipVIPDined on 6/1/2014Restaurant L has a terrific menu. A lot of very different and very tasty choices. Service is excellent.Special Features:
- Great Local RestaurantjjalhDined on 5/31/2014We love it here...only negative is the tables for 2 are very small.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/25/2014Food and service is very nice...wine is way overpriced and on the low end side...wud be a home run if bar selections were better..beer colder..wine chilled and better choicesSpecial Features:
- The following 153 reviews are from the Restaurant L reviews archive.
- A lovely eveningChoirmom1Dined on 4/24/2014Very comfortable dining experience. Plenty of food and drink choices, prompt and polite service. Food was very good, portions were plentiful.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerElainaDined on 4/5/2014Dinner was excellent. Food was very good, along with service. Resturant was very accommodating. Loved the Menu selection which included Atlantic Salmon And organic chicken. Presentation was a+. Lovely local place for dinner. Will be going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodsteveDined on 4/5/2014we had a nice lunch at Restaurant L ...the food was very delicious and presented very nicely....the doughnuts were to die for!!!Special Features:
- great foodate2muchDined on 3/28/2014Food has always been great. Service also has never been a problem. However, I was only given 2 choices online for a reservation, 6:15 or 9pm. We were there at 6:15 and were the only people in the dining room. By 7pm, only 2 other tables were occupied. The room was not full until we were leaving near 9 pm. Are there restrictions to online reservations? I am wondering if calling in the reservation would have made a difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant was empty. FoodParamusKVIPDined on 3/23/2014Restaurant was empty. Food was good. Service was fair. We always seemed to be looking for someone to refill water. Food came out separately but was hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatNMP1627Dined on 3/22/2014We've dined at this restaurant several times before and had better experiences. The menu looked great but my shrimp was so overcooked it required a saw. The waitress was a bit flighty. The air conditioner was put on and it was very chilly and we could not get attention of the staff to address the problem. This was probably my last visit.Special Features:
- Upscale Dining - Affordable PricingmoonduckDined on 3/14/2014This restaurant is a diner's dream. Excellent food at reasonable prices. Everything is good from the pecan crusted chicken to the calamari with ginger sauce. Fish and seafood are wonderful too and there is a fixed price lunch which is a very good deal. Service is fabulous and you have a choice of eating in the dining room or the bar area, depending on your mood. I highly recommend visiting Restaurant L. You will be very happy you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant L is our favoriteMarieVIPDined on 3/10/2014Restaurant L is our favorite local restaurant for both lunch and dinner. The food is always fresh, attractively presented and delicious. The truffle french fries are superb!! It is a small dining room so be sure to make reservations for week-ends. The bar area is lively and very popular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always fabulousMiloVIPDined on 2/24/2014The food is always fabulous and the donuts are to die for. We never get a bad meal here!Special Features:
- A Tasty TreatYC99Dined on 2/15/2014We found Restaurant L to be a nice, unassuming place. The service was excellent. The food quite tasty in generous portions. The price range was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dry food right tables no privacyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Dinner was over cooked and over priced, tables were very close to each other and this restaurant offered nothing special.
- Get the braised rib ravioliOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2014Outside of Drago's charbroiled oysters in New Orleans, Restaurant L's braised rib ravioli may be the most delicious single bite of food ever. Go for the local glam scene, go for the wine list but YOU must order the ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed everythingMikePDined on 2/12/2014There is nothing not to like about Restaurant L. Great menu, great food, great atmosphere. Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quality dining experienceJoeWDined on 2/6/2014My wife and I visited and we're very impressed. The food was excellent, comfortable environment and a very nice bar for a pre-dinner drink. Well thought out menu with something for everyone. High quality ingredients with an excellent presentation. We will be certainly become regulars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceluvfood84Dined on 2/6/2014The place was very cute, good drink menu. Food was average at best, not worth the price they chargedSpecial Features:
- Classy and DelishawesomeblondieDined on 2/3/2014Had no idea what to expect since I am not from the area, the place was tastefully decorated, the ambiance was wonderful! Dimly lit, quiet and romantic on a cold winter night. The Martini was Fab as was the wine list...We enjoyed the Hangar steak and the Linguine with white clam sauce and both were exceptional! Toni was a fun energetic waitress with knowledge of the menu and advice to share..will definitely add this place to our go to list!Special Features:
- L for "Love"GuacAliciousVIPDined on 2/1/2014My husband and I frequent Restaurant L and it's always consistent!!! We love dining here and highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday specialJakeDined on 1/26/2014The Sunday special 3 course dinner is a great deal. The food was delicious and the restaurant was quiet early Sunday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.