230, St-Paul Ouest
Montreal, QC H2Y 1Z9Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantgandhi.com/
- Phone: 5148455866
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for information.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 514-845-5866
A word from Restaurant Gandhi
Situé dans le quartier historique du Vieux-Montréal, le Restaurant Gandhi vous invite à faire un voyage dans l'est de l'Inde le temps d'un repas. Dégustez-y une cuisine indienne, doucement parfumée ou plutôt épicée, agrémentée à la Bangladesh. / Located in the historic Old Montreal, Restaurant Gandhi will transport you to eastern India with one meal. Enjoy delicately flavoured or full-blown spicy Bandladesh-style Indian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Restaurant Gandhi reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (22)special occasion (19)neighborhood gem (17)romantic (16)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The food was delicious, the service was very friendly and even helped us out with some addresses. We had a very nice evening. Definitely a recommendation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot, Incredible FindIndianMTLDined on 8/23/2014We thought it would be appropriate to have supper at an indian Restaurant after viewing THE 100-FOOT JOURNEY which BTW is an incredible movie. The food was simply succulent and the atmosphere superb! A fantastic location and amazing staff. We have had indian in many different restaurants in Montreal as well as at various locations in the UK over the years and Gandhi is one of the best we've had. Thanks for the great evening and we're looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousQuebecfanDined on 8/8/2014We have eaten at Ghandi on two visits to Montreal and have enjoyed it both times. The food is full of flavor and the service is excellent. We will go back on our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014I have been there many times and it,s always very good and the service is excellent. If you like great Indien food you won't be desapointed.Special Features:
- adicovDined on 8/2/2014nice place, very tasty food. maybe on the pricy side, as there are many Indian restaurants in the vicinity with 10-20% lower prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who'd a thot!!FussyFoodieDined on 7/31/2014The Restaurant Gandhi is tucked away in a little corner of Old Montreal. It dosn't shout out its presence for all to hear. I am glad for that because when more people hear about this place, its going to be very difficult to make a spontaneous decision to eat there any evening. The food is outstanding. At my last visit, we were a party of seven. Looks like the Gandhi now has six more loyal patrons. Start off with the Muligatawny soup (ask for a bit of pepper in it). Follow up with the lamb bryani as well as the lamb vindaloo (spicy) to go with it. Garlic Naan is also great with the vindaloo. Oh crikey!! my mouth is watering already. Looks like I will have to take a drive this evening. Remember, don't tell anyone about the Gandhi.Special Features:
- BeebeeDined on 7/26/2014Every aspect of our experience was great ! The checken tendery is kook in argile oven which makes it more delicious and not all Indian restaurant cook it this way !Special Features:
- authentic Indian foodfoodiegoodieDined on 7/23/2014The food was excellent! We were served with sesame crisp and 3 dipping sauce when we were first seated. The dipping sauce was really tasty! We ordered lamp curry and chicken masala paired with both rice and nan bread. Everything was delicious and the service was wonderful! Will likely to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip itSonnyDined on 7/4/2014Had 9pm reservation. Got seated at 9:35!!! Why book a reservation. Food was ok...seasoning obviously toned down. Kinda blah! Our waiter was ver niceSpecial Features:
- Gandhi was wonderfulJMF1Dined on 6/25/2014We ate at Gandhi restaurant several times while in Montreal. The first time, one of our group asked for a special menu item that she had seen at other restaurants. The chef agreed to make this special item for her, which thrilled her to death. The service was top-notch and friendly. The food was excellent, with the level of spice that we ordered. The dessert ice cream with pistachios and mango was also wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Where are the spices? It is nice to cater to the average guest but if you want something genuine, you better go somewhere else. You will find no Indians eating there. On the other hand , the service is the best I have seen in an Indian restaurant in Montreal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- gatineau883Dined on 6/13/2014excellent restaurant nous l'avons découvert cet hiver, et sommes retourné avec nos enfants apres le spectacle cirque du soleil. saveurs excellentes, et pouding aux riz exquis. MerciI would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything good except foodShashankDined on 6/10/2014Disclaimer - I am an Indian & thus very critical of Indian food. We were in Montreal during Formula One in June '14 & visited Gandhi after reading some online reviews about it. I went with 2 other Indian friends & we ordered a variety of items - appetizers, curry, lamb, chicken, matar paneer, biryani etc. Everything that we ordered was a disappointment. The flavor just wasn't there & overall the food was very bland. My friends shared my opinion. The food may be okay for someone who new to Indian food, who wants to try it for the first time, without being overwhelmed with the aroma/spices. On the plus side, the service was good and being in Old Montreal, the location is pretty good. The ambiance was fine dining, which is also appreciated.Special Features:
- Great foodwhitDined on 5/25/2014Enjoyed our dining experienced very much. Service was quiet and respectful. Would be happy to come again.Special Features:
- Great spotBobNHDined on 5/25/2014Nice location in old montreal. The service was good. The food was good, but definitely lacking kick. If you are looking for spicy, you will probably have to ask to add some heat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- succulaet et sympathiquealgoscaDined on 5/17/2014Nous adorons ce restaurant en raison de son décor sobre et de bon goût, son service chaleureux et surtout de la succulente nourriture qu'on y sert. Bon le mdi, le soir, la semaine comme la fin de semaine.Special Features:
- Chic et très boncariDined on 5/15/2014Très bon restaurant indien. Ambiance chic et agréable. Un peu cher pour un restaurant indien mais la qualité des plats est également au dessus de la moyenne.Special Features:
- Celebrating a special birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2014There were 6 of us in the group and one of the group was celebrating being 60. We had a great meal with great food and left to be able to exchange gifts and make the evening very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Montreal's top Indo foodShoeDined on 5/10/2014Absolutely lovely location, great multi-lingual staff (English, French, Bengali, Hindi) and OUTSTANDING FOOD. Their Peshwari naan is hands-down the best in Montreal and rivals the great Indian restaurant quality of London, UK. The rest is on par with home-cooked delicacies prepared in the finest gourmet house of India. Bengali food at the peak of its powers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sublime poulet au beurrebilly1407Dined on 5/3/2014Ma soeur et moi adorons faire un détour dans le vieux montréal pour s'arrêter manger chez Gandhi, car ils offrent le meilleur poulet au beurre! c'est toujours aussi succulent! Le pain nan qui accompagne le repas est également trop savoureux!! Le service à ce restaurant est hors pair. Bref ca vaut le déplacement et on est toujours satisfaites.Special Features:
- The following 229 reviews are from the Restaurant Gandhi reviews archive.
- Fantastic!AllydDined on 4/26/2014Beautiful romantic, restaurant. Service was impeccable and food was best I've had since leaving Scotland. Will be back! We go to montreal once a year on our anniversary and this is the first restaurant that has not disappointed me. Would highly recommend to friends and family.Special Features:
- Super bon! Service impeccableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2014Super bon! Service impeccable par Said! Ça vaut la peine de l'essayer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is amazing-bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2014This restaurant is amazing-best Indian food in montreal!Special Features:
- More Spice please!allbusinessDined on 2/14/2014Loved the restaurant, however was expecting much spicier food. When one usually orders tandorri chicken, one assumes spice!Special Features:
- Excellent comme toujours.ZonzonDined on 2/1/2014Cela fait plusieurs fois que je pratique le Ghandi et au-delà de l’excellence générale de ce restaurant, c'est la constance du menu qui ne se dément pas, les mêmes critères de qualité, les mêmes saveurs des plats qui me ravissent. On sait à quoi s'attendre quoi. Le service est toujours courtois et discret et le décor fort agréable. Bref c'est un restaurant qui répond à mes goûts en matière de cuisine indienne simple et efficace sans être gastronomique ni coûteux.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Indian food in Old MtlGourmandeDined on 1/22/2014Generous portions, very good and bi naan. Good rose wine…lovely evening with friends at a very affordable cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Indian foodMtl2014Dined on 1/17/2014The service and the meals were outstanding ! I recommend this restaurant !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real nice discoveryindianfan2014Dined on 1/11/2014We were searching for a great Indian restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday. Ever since we discovered our favourite Indian restaurant in Spain, we have had a hard time finding something that lived up to our expectations. After a couple of tries in various cities, we decided to try Ghandi in old Montreal. First, we were looking for an old city experience and were thrilled to find out that there were a couple of decent Indian places. We chose Gandhi based on reviews. And...we were not dissapointed. The food was amazing. Finally, I had written in the invitation that it was my wife's birthday and they brought a cake without me asking. We have found our place for Indian in Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spice your winter!Zig88Dined on 1/10/2014We recently had lunch at Gandhi. It was quiet and the service was exceptional. The lunch menu was perfect, good size, very fresh and very affordable for the quality. We recommend! Great way to spice your month of January.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive serviceSophiaVIPDined on 1/3/2014The service is always attentive and the food is very good and the quality is fresh and good. Love to go visit at least once a month.Special Features:
- Food experienceMoniqueDined on 12/29/2013Good food. Everything was good including the servicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food & Great ServiceMontrealMooseDined on 12/28/2013This was a wonderful break from French cuisine in the old port neighborhood. The food was very good - try the peshwari nan and gobi. Be aware that what may be described as somewhat spicy on the menu may be hot, hot to you or your fellow diners. But the wait staff was very attentive and kept our water glasses filled.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food and a top serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013Exellent Food . If you lke Indian Food its the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!LaurentDined on 12/15/2013Gandhi has been my favourite restaurant for more than 10 years. The sheer quality of the plates they offer is constantly the best in Montréal. I've invited quite a few people over the years, and for first timers, I highly recommend the Korma chicken, butter chicken or tandoori chicken. They never dissapoint! As for the service, they are a very professionnal and dedicated staff. They really live up tp the restaurant's reputation. All in all, Gandhi will probably keep besting all the new restaurants I will try. They have mastered every aspect of what makes an excellent night out. For any Indian cuisine lover, it is a must-try!Special Features:
- Very friendly Maitre d. offeringOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013Very friendly Maitre d. offering ideal table for this special occasion. Very attentive service and excellent food. Topped off with Happy Birthday singing. These people obviously read special request on Open Table reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will revisit!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013This was our second visit to Gandhi and we enjoyed it as much as the first. The service was top notch, with no beat missed. My husband had a vindaloo, which was hot but not so hot as to challenge his happiness. I had a birani. I usually have birani at Indian restaurants and the only other I've found that prepares it like Gandhi was in Edinburgh, Scotland; rice medley with sauce with the main ingredient (for me, chicken) alongside. We arrived at 7:00 to a fairly quiet place which perked up considerably about 8:00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le meilleur restaurant indien à MtlPoporoDined on 12/3/2013Bon rapport qualité-prix; service courtois; accomodant pour les intolérances alimentaire au gluten;Special Features:
- Great indian foodMarisa1972Dined on 11/30/2013Nothing to complain about Gandhi, everythingn was perfect : food, service and price. And the location is great too, in the middle of Old Montreal. Definitely a place to discover !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific Indian FoodkimdebDined on 11/16/2013Lovely ,excellent food , great ambieance ,close to Centaur, everything was deleicious Would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Indian restaurant in YUL!MartyDined on 11/8/2013Want Indian food? Gandhi is the place in Montreal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.