Restaurant G at the Gideon Ridge Inn
202 Gideon Ridge Rd
Blowing Rock, NC 28605Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Restaurant G at the Gideon Ridge Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gideonridge.com/
- Phone: 8282953644x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday 6:00 - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard
- Cuisine: American, Vegetarian / Vegan, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: John Dean & Hunger Womble
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from Restaurant G at the Gideon Ridge Inn
Dining at Restaurant G at Gideon Ridge Inn is one of Blowing Rock's most elegant and relaxed experiences. The cuisine is a blend of fresh local ingredients artfully by our award winning culinary team under the watchful eyes of Chef Duo, John Dean & Hunter Womble. Dine Al-Fresco or in our intimate European styled dining room. Enjoy cocktails on the terrace, then dine, from a light evening meal to a special celebration. Appropriate for children with sophisticated pallets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Restaurant G at the Gideon Ridge Inn - Best Restaurants in Blowing Rock ›
Restaurant G at the Gideon Ridge Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (54)great for outdoor dining (52)romantic (50)special occasion (48)fit for foodies (40)notable wine list (20)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- The view is a bonus.SamMDined on 9/10/2014Located on a bluff at the famous blowing rock, this restaurant at a small inn has a small menu of wonderfully delicious items. I had the red drum and my wife had the bone-in pork loin. With all fresh vegetables and fruits the meal was just perfection. Without reviews we would not have sought it out, but happily we did and greatly enjoyed the occasion. Their other property in town, Bistro Roca, also was a great find but not quite as special for a romantic dinner. We had a table inside that provided a great mountain view of the valley and beyond. In the Summer there are several outdoor tables that would be attractive choices.Special Features:
- A Special PlaceViViDined on 9/2/2014This hidden gem was a great place to celebrate our wedding anniversary. However, will return soon. The food and wine were great along with the staff. I have already recommended to others and look forward to returning. My wife and I talked about how good the food was the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014The only draw back is highway noise. Not much you can do about that. Everything else was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great EveningSydneyDined on 8/20/2014The evening was excellent - the service, the view, and the food was wonderful . The four of us had different entries which we all loved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Find!truthnameDined on 8/16/2014Loved this gem tucked away on the mountainside. The service was impeccable, the view spectacular, and the food outstanding. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemtqmbillDined on 8/14/2014Wait staff were friendly, helpful and prompt. The menu is fresh and mostly locally sourced. Many dishes are unique, using rarely seen ingredients paired in new ways. It's pretty expensive, so for me, it's more for special occasions. And it's tricky to find, with no signage, so ask for directions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and settingGlassishalffullVIPDined on 8/7/2014We ate on the terrace overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains...truly an exceptional experience! Wonderful farm-to-table food deliciously prepared!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food matches the spectacular viewsfussydinerDined on 8/7/2014The food was exquisite, the service amazing, and the views from the incredibly beautiful grounds of the blue ridge mountains were breathtaking. A perfect place to spend our 21st wedding anniversary. The menu did accommodate every taste too with a vegetarian entree as well as a fish entree. Worth every penny and more!!!!!!Special Features:
- Gideon Ridge RestaurantNana58Dined on 8/1/2014Fog so thick you could cut it with a knife so outdoor dining was not possible.We were told we could dine outdoors if we wanted. Directions- if you turn at the large sign "The Blowing Rock" not the town sign of "Welcome to Blowing Rock" you should easily find it. Menu changes nightly based upon local product/meat/seafood availability. Menu has 3 courses: Appetizers, Soup/Salad, Entree and you make a selection from each one if you desire an Appetizer and/or Soup/Salad. Husband chose beef and I chose bone-in pork chop. Mine was so tender & delicious. Server recommended medium for cooking temp. but I chose medium well. It came with whipped sweet potatoes and vegetables. Added coffee & dessert. Dessert menu had no prices but each cakes were $8.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Gideon Inn RestaurantluvthisplaceDined on 7/19/2014This was the most wonderful experience. My sister, myself and niece had a "girl's weekend" in Blowing Rock. Although the weather was rainy and foggy, our evening at Gideon Inn Restaurant was the highlight of our weekend. The chef and staff went out of their way to make this truly a memorable experience. The food and service was superb. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area or those visiting the area. I would definitely make this a mandatory stop on my return visit to the area.Special Features:
- You won't be disappointed!ResturantGDined on 7/15/2014We were in Boone in February but snow prevented us from getting to Restaurant G so it was top on the list for this visit. We were greeted warmly and invited to sit in the den area and enjoy a drink before dinner. In a few minutes we were asked if we would rather dine inside or out. Even though it was a little cool, about 65 degrees, we chose the outside patio . We were given our choice of about 10 tables with various views, all of the beautiful. We chose wine, the crab cake appetizer, the garden and spinach salads and both chose a beef tenderloin for the entree. The food presentation and preparation were 1st class as was the service. We will return and have already recommended it to friends who vacation here.Special Features:
- nice place to propose!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014the food was excellent, the service superb, the ambiance was stunning. I proposed to my future wife and we plan to return every year to celebrate that proposal.Special Features:
- Our favoriteFancyDined on 7/12/2014As always, the setting, the service, the food, all wonderful.Special Features:
- On a Clear Day...JohnDined on 7/10/2014We thought the remarkable views and charm of this place couldn't be surpassed. To our surprise the dining experience did just that. A real commitment to farm-to-table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blown AwayTraingleEatsDined on 7/10/2014My girlfriend and I were completely blown away by the scenic views and incredible food offered at Restaurant G. Our server Amy was very attentive and knowledgeable of the current menu and Inn's rich, history. The ever changing menu at Restaurant G reflects the current seasons offerings and local fare. Hunter (Chef de Cuisine) was also a delight, as he would frequently come out to further elaborate on the preparation of dishes and such. Hunter was a true showman and it was evident he is very passionate and committed to serving the finest meal to every patron. Overall, I highly recommend Restaurant G to anyone and everyone (especially for a romantic date). I plan on returning ASAP.Special Features:
- AMAZINGLovingLocalDined on 7/8/2014I must admit, I can be super picky, and this is my favorite restaurant in NC. The Chef de Cuisine is so incredibly talented, accommodating, and friendly. I have dietary sensitivities and he goes out of his way to make the menu work for me when I come in, so that I can always choose from several options. Besides that, these people are SUPER committed to showcasing the very best of NC ingredients - they seriously just tell their suppliers to send them whatever is the BEST that day, whatever looks the most beautiful, and then they make a menu based off of what comes in. Wow. They "walk the walk" of going local more than any other restaurant I've come across in NC - and just about anywhere else. Oh, and everything they prepare tastes AMAZING!Special Features:
- What a grand view!MHCFIIDADined on 7/4/2014little hard to find with road construction and you do need to be able to walk up and down a few stairs. the food was wonderful as well as eating out side on the porch over looking the mountains at sunset! You should dress for the dinner as we found most everyone did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KenzkenzDined on 7/3/2014We heard that this was a great restaurant in the Boone/blowing rock area and it did not disappoint. Perfect from service to view to food. We like to think we know special restaurants and was absolutely one .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blowing Rocks Finest DiningtybeefoodieDined on 6/27/2014We were wowed by our recent dinner at Restaurant G. From the memorable food, to the lovely setting, mountain views and the excellent service, this restaurant is top notch. We especially appreciate the chef's commitment to cooking with locally sourced products and the high quality, flavorful ingredients are reflected throughout the menu offerings. The small menu changes weekly however we found there were plenty of interesting options to choose from. We loved every course and the flavor profile in each dish was delicious and beautifully presented. We were fortunate to have been seated outside on the stone patio which added to the ambience and overall experience. We look forward to retuning for another special evening at Restaurant G.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2014Excellent food presentation. Wait staff---very slow. Not enough out side sitting but there is room for more tables. Did enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Fails to PleaseMountainManDined on 6/17/2014When my wife and I are in the area this restaurant is always on the top of our list. The mountain view is spectacular at sunset, and the food is even more so. The wait staff could not be more friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Hidden gem in Blowing RockFallguyDined on 6/7/2014We have owned a second house in Blowing Rock for a number of years but have never entertained the notion that this would be a great place for diner, but we were wrong. Great local food prepared and presented as you would only expect to find at an upper scale fine dining establishment...Special Features:
- Just AmazingLookingforgoodfoodDined on 6/6/2014The food here was absolutely exceptional, quite possibly the best we have ever had. The view was gorgeous, the service top notch, ad the food was awesome. The duck is the best meal I have ever had, and anyone that can make chicken livers taste like that should be commended! Highly recommend this restaurant. Just awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemLeakageDined on 6/6/2014We discovered this Inn by accident and are so glad we did. The food, the service and the atmosphere was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner felt like a mountain retreatTheTotalExperienceDined on 6/5/2014Restaurant Week special seemed a great opportunity to finally try Restaurant G. We ate dinner on the terrace...one of the two terraces, actually. What a lovely experience! Each course was fabulous. Beautifully and lovingly presented. Our server was superb. We drove down the mountain smiling from the inside out.Special Features:
- Ambience excellentperfect4apairDined on 6/3/2014Many wonderful restaurants in Blowing Rock and the surrounding area but Gideon Ridge is above all the others. This restaurant must be your choice for any special occasion. Having outstanding food and wine on the covered porch with mountains views the best. To stay at Gideon Ridge and then dine there would be the best way to spend a fabulous weekend.Special Features:
- Superb!WNCgrandparentsDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I decided to have dinner here for our anniversary, seeing it was very highly rated by reviews posted on the internet. The Restaurant at Gideon Ridge is part of the Inn at Gideon Ridge, a bed and breakfast. It is a small, intimate dining experience. The ambiance was delightful - great views of the garden and mountain vistas. The service was wonderful and personalized. The food was exquisite - local or regional, fresh, and wonderfully prepared and presented. Hoping to have the opportunity to go back for seconds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our top ten meals, ever!cmabryVIPDined on 5/23/2014We enjoyed a wonderful anniversary dinner here and everything was perfect...beautiful outdoor views of the mountains, wonderful food, great service, very respectable wine list (and my husband is a serious wine person...he does not bestow this compliment often!). The Inn is charming and lovely, and we have already made a reservation to go back later this summer to celebrate my birthday (and, of course, we've already made our reservation to eat here again).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Evening - ScrumptiousMikeDined on 5/23/2014Superb outside dining experience with splendid views. Food exquisitely prepared and perfectly presented. Great place for a special evening. Even better to stay at the inn. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love THIS place!WendyleeDined on 5/23/2014We had always wanted to try Restaurant G and it was worth waiting for. The view was spectacular. The service was personable. Our dessert was accidentally given to the table beside us. So the server gave them the dessert at no cost (obviously) and gave us another glass of champagne to make up for the wait. My only regret was that the tables were so close together that I felt a bit cramped for space. The overall meal was pricey but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining in idyllic settingBusterheyDined on 5/23/2014Oustanding in every respect. It is the standard for excellence in fine dining in Blowing Rock in my opinion. Superb quality and presentation. Outstanding service. Impeccable mountain setting with spectacular views. Our favorite restaurant among many good ones in the high country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing View with Local FoodDagre21Dined on 5/21/2014Amazing views in all directions. The restaurant is basically in the lobby on this quaint hotel. We were the only ones there besides a couple having a drink. The menu changes every day with local foods.Special Features:
- The following 27 reviews are from the Restaurant G at the Gideon Ridge Inn reviews archive.
- Can't wait to return and eat outsidlbsrdhDined on 4/18/2014My husband and I ate here for our anniversary. All I can say is AMAZING. The food and the service are among the best we have ever experienced at a restaurant. Gideon Ridge is fine dining at it's best. Just one question to open table --why did we not get points for making a reservation through you web site?Special Features:
- Great Food and ServicekatswayDined on 4/12/2014Food and service were fabulous. We would liked to have sat outside, but it was too cold and they were out of propane for the heat lamps. The only thing that could have been better was there was a door behind me leading out to the patio and they had to keep opening and shutting because there was a party that decided to sit out doors. There were two table that were affected by this. They might rearrange the tables or just find another door to use. I did get up and shut it once because the cool air was coming in. Otherwise, it was a great experience and we will be back when we can sit outside. Recommend the trout and the elderberry cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended. ReviewedBillandLauraDined on 4/3/2014Highly recommended. Reviewed well on several boards. One of the best dining experiences we've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet mountain bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014The restaurant at Gideon Risge is a gem. Locally sourced foods, quiet and peaceful atmosphere, no more than a dozen tables, and a terrace for spring and summer dining. We enjoyed the quail and dirty rice appetizer the most. The entrees left a little to be desired (my duck was slightly chewy, my husband's steak while good was served with an odd lobster salad atop that resulted in the plate being a bit overwhelming) but overall flavors and quality of ingredients were excellent. For dessert we shared the carrot cake topped with mascarpone. I would encourage diners to enjoy an after dinner glass of wine in the cozy library.Special Features:
- Deserves the accolades!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014We drove from Floyd for a birthday dinner celebration for my husband (2 1/2 hrs) and were very happy with our choice. The menu changes weekly, and is somewhat limited as far as the number of selections, but we found plenty to keep us happy. Most entrees are between $24-29, appetizers between $8-15 and a soup/salad choice for $8-10. The chef is creative in his use of local ingredients, and we were delighted by the flavor combinations. A "deconstructed Philly steak" on a corn meal patty, sweet potato and Vidalia onion soup, and bass caught that day were some of the highlights. The wine list was probably the biggest lack-we were glad we had brought a bottle of our own (as backup) and paid the $20 corkage. Fun cocktail menu though!Special Features:
- Anniversary FindJohnnyDined on 3/21/2014This was a very fortunate find as my wife and I planned to spend a weekend near Blowing Rock. After looking for more obscure fine dining options, this came up amid sparkling reviews. After a little directional confusion, we found the inn and were pleasantly surprised by the cozy atmosphere of our table right by the fireplace. Our waiter, John, was knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list, and he made some great recommendations. There was no rush to leave as the place usually serves only 20-25 people a night. So, we took our time and had an enjoyable evening overlooking the mountainside. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!LeslieSDined on 3/15/2014This restaurant is the best! Wonderful food, service and location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited menuPSCUBAGIRLDined on 3/14/2014Before going to the restaurant I read all reviews and everyone spoke very highly about the place including , one review that his wife had food allergies and the chef came to the table and explained what he was going to prepare for her. We went for my birthday what a disappointment, food was not bad but server was terrible, as soon as we sat down I informed her I am allergic to gluten, she informs me that I can only have one of the only 4 items on menu very for entre because the sauce on them have gluten, I ask her can I have them without the sauce, her answer welI I guess so, made no suggestions nothing about her was nice or polite, made the whole experience very disappointing !Special Features: