Restaurant Fourteen Seventy Two
1472 S. Pearl Street
Denver, CO 80210Neighborhood:
Low CountryPrice: $30 and under
Restaurant Fourteen Seventy Two
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fourteenseventytwo.com/
- Phone: (303) 325-1447
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Restaurant Fourteen Seventy Two
Fourteen Seventy-Two opened its doors on September 13th 2012 and offers a creative take on lowcountry dining. Our restoration of the 126 year old building, which includes a rooftop and lower patio overlooking Pearl Street, lends towards a very unique and comforting dining experience. Our staff is extremely welcoming and strives to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Restaurant Fourteen Seventy Two - Best Restaurants in Wash Park ›
Restaurant Fourteen Seventy Two reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (29)neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (16)great for brunch (9)special occasion (8)romantic (6)good for groups (6)great for lunch (4)scenic view (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Honestly, this place is good but nothing amazingly special. Food was decent but for the price of a sandwich ($14) I would expect bigger portions and it just wasn't filling. Service was great and the place has a great vibe and ambiance but it all comes down to the food. It was good but for the prices and hype, I expect more.
- Gem of a restaurantBadStuffDined on 11/12/2014Entering the restaurant is bi confusing at first since it share an outdoor walkway with a coffee shop, but that issue is quickly dispensed with. The restaurant itself is a quaint setting with a relaxed and somewhat familial setting. The menu has some interesting items, obviously some standbys as well, but also goes above and beyond by taking the usual standby items and experimenting with them, for example the meatloaf with a vindaloo curry sauce. Overall a great experience and certainly a little gem that can surprise any local or out-of-towner alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only FairJanetCVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food at this place was really, really good. But the place was so loud you could hardly hear yourself think! Even upstairs on the rooftop was loud. The three of us had a good time yelling back and forth at each other...The service was really slow - but friendly. Not sure if I'll go back or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort foodskiandeatDined on 10/26/2014Great southern comfort food. I had the fried chicken which was great. Sidewalk seating a good option in warmer weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!StephanieDined on 10/24/2014The she crab soup with tobiko is so original and rich and tasty! The Chicken & Waffles are amazing! I want more!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ebenezer Scrooge ReturnsRobertFVIPDined on 10/24/2014The food was very good; however, my meal was completely ruined by the six microscopic crawfish I received for a $6 up charge on my mac and cheese entree. I wanted some protein to add variety and cut the richness of the dish, but the crustaceans were completely lost in the very large plate of food and added almost nothing to it. There should have been four to five times as many to make a difference in the dish. This restaurant is quite expensive, especially for lunch. I just don't understand this stinginess. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Back to the Low Country with flairbuddyVIPDined on 10/20/2014It was so nice to be able to have a wonderful plate of Shrimp and Grits! But this plate came with style - goat cheese grits and a little New Orleans heat! The She Crab Soup alone would have made a meal! And the Low Country Mojito was very refreshing and had a nice kick! The service was great - in fact the seafood salad ordered by my guests came with 2 dressings on the side since my guests weren't sure what dressing they preferred! They liked both the green goddess and the rosemary vinaigrette. This place is worth a trip to Pearl Street and I would go again!Special Features:
- Better than the reviews sayREB42Dined on 10/18/20141472 has received mixed reviews, but we went on a Saturday for dinner and it was very good. The food was good and the service was outstanding. Our waiter was very helpful not only with the menu but with the wine list. We did not have any issues with the hostess or slow service. Overall, I was impressed and glad because this is in my neighborhood and I wanted it to be good. I am ready to go for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Low Country Food with AltitudeBubbaDined on 10/9/2014A do not miss place! Loved the shrimp and grits. Best service I have had in a long time at a lunch stop.Special Features:
- Will return!BonnieDined on 8/31/2014I was a little concerned to go here after reading some of the mixed reviews. Glad I decided to give it a chance. The food was great. We had 4 appetizers, 4 different entrees, and 2 desserts and the only item that I would not recommend out of all of it was the deviled eggs. The noise level was a little high for my liking but we were also seated right over a speaker. The place was very cute and nicely done. It was sprinkling so we did not sit outside but it was a nice evening so the walls were open so we were able to enjoy the view. We will go definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy low countryWeirsDined on 8/30/2014Crab beignets are really, really good. She crab soup also great. Feels like coastal Carolina!Special Features:
- Delicious Low Country MenuDenverDivaDined on 8/28/2014this is a great new addition to the Denver restaurant scene and the lay out is excellent - its divided into three seating areas and two bar areas so the noise level is never too loud.Special Features:
- It rainedOneMoreTimeDined on 8/27/2014We were sitting outside. The service had already been slow and disjointed at this point. A storm started to blow in, so the manager and a waiter come out and lower the umbrellas over some of the tables. They don't reseat us inside, but close the large doors between 3 tables arill seated outside and the rest of the restaurant. It's starts to rain. No one comes to move us inside, so we get up to move before it starts pouring and find our own table inside. It took awhile to receive our check. Apologies for the slow service were made, but I don't know if I'd come back even though the food was full of flavor and tasty.
- Very enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was very good, with balanced flavors and artful presentation. The upstairs outdoor patio made for a wonderful experience. I think the downstairs area might have been too loud for the two of us, but probably good for a large group. The service was attentive (perhaps only slightly overly so), but did not rush us through the evening.Special Features:
- Good food, bad service, very loud.SamanthaDined on 8/23/2014The food was fabulous. We loved everything we tried. The She Crab soup was out of this world, even if we didn't receive it until after our entrees were served. Which was an hour after we'd been seated at our table, which was promptly. We went for Restaurant Week, which included four courses. We were served our first course in a timely fashion, but our second course, the soup, didn't arrive until after our entrees were served. By that point, we had been there for an hour. My husband and I had been seated next to a large table that was pretty loud, so we could barely hear each other to have much conversation during our hour wait for our food. The food was the saving grace, but we'll think twice before going again. Parking was also a joke.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014As it was the first night of Restaurant Week, we ordered off of the limited menu. What we had was very good. Nice to have a choice of an appetizer or a dessert. Main problem with the evening was finding a parking place! Circled for about 10 minutes and settled on a spot 4 blocks away. Very crowded and noisy evening compounded by an emergency 2 blocks away- fire trucks, ambulance, etc. Not exactly a relaxing evening.
- Great experienceUrsulaDined on 8/20/2014Great dinner. They have a phenomenal patio and had excellent service. Everyone loved their meal, especially the mussel appetizer. Would absolutely go back.Special Features:
- Great food, horrible serviceDenverFoodieDined on 8/16/2014Upstairs outdoor patio is spectacular & offers great views of Pearl St. Food was excellent! However, anyone who eats out knows that food & ambiance only make up half the experience. The service is really the other half & on this, the restaurant failed miserably. Our waiter was a bit quirky (said "ladies & gentleman" every time he arrived). Had that been all, we would have been fine. We ordered drinks & food, & our bill was dropped off when we were only half through the meal. We were never offered another drink or dessert & our water was never refilled. The waiter stalked our table until we put our card in to pay & then picked it up as if he wanted to check his tip. It was extremely uncomfortable & rushed. Don't know if I'll go back.Special Features:
- It could be everything......NMulvanyVIPDined on 8/10/2014This restaurant has the makings of a great restaurant. Low Country (which we do not have in Denver if you know true Low Country.) It could be the best patio, outdoor bar, scenic, vibrant bar, great for brunch, kids, groups, etc.,. But, what's holding it up? I have no idea. The staff said they were down two servers and that they have so much seating they do not have enough staff? Well get some! It was a Sunday for brunch with farmers market going on. Walk ins were going to happen and turn of Opentable if you can't handle the load. The staff was very nice. I liked them and they tried. Food was okay. But, again I bet kitchen is under staffed. The owners should try to save this sinking ship! Prepare to dine for a while if you go.
- Delightful Dining!Food4ThoughtDined on 7/27/2014I took my sister to this restaurant for our annual "sisters' week-end". The prices are very reasonable, the service excellent, and the food brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed all food I ordered. Only criticism was the macaroni & cheese that came as a side to the Southern fried chicken looked and tasted like Velveeta shells and cheese. Wasn't the case when hubby ordered it a few weeks prior.Special Features:
- The following 73 reviews are from the Restaurant Fourteen Seventy Two reviews archive.
- Great place!DenverCarolineDined on 7/22/2014After reading other reviews I was a little weary of this place, but we had a great experience. The service was good and the food great! We got the fried chicken with Mac n cheese, collards, and brocollini-- amazing! The shrimp and grits were okay, more sauce than grits or shrimp which left me a little hungry.Special Features:
- I Used to Like This PlaceMamasleroyVIPDined on 7/12/2014I have been to Fourteen Seventy Two for brunch a few times, and occasionally for lunch, and I have always enjoyed the outdoor seating and ambience. Last week I decided to take a friend there for dinner and this place is not the same. The food has always been good/OK, and it was still good/OK. However, the service was terrible. We sat for almost half an hour and had long finished our glass of wine before the server reappeared to take our order. We enjoyed the sound of a power washer from the restaurant during our meal. And, to boot, when I checked my checking account a few days later, I learned that I was charged TWICE for the over-priced meal. I don't know what is going on with this place.
- went for the patio experienceFoodnFunDined on 7/11/20141st time visitors: patio was great (garden level, did not see upstairs patio). People watching was excellent along Pearl St. Service was good even on a busy Friday evening. Food is not their strong point, short diverse menu and a bit bland. Beer and wine selections were good. Prices were about as expected for the area - more than you'd pay in a similar place in a less expensive neighborhood. Next time I'll just do happy hour there.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/8/2014As a native Southerner, I love low country food, but was disappointed by 1472. The wait staff is inattentive as we had a long wait before anyone came to the table and I had to get another waitress to find our waiter so I could get the check at the end of the meal. The food started off well as the corn crab cakes were excellent. However, my shrimp and grits entrée was terrible as the shrimp was undercooked and the goat cheese doesn't really go that well with the grits.
- Good Low Country cooking in DenverSerious4funDined on 7/6/2014I had eaten here for lunch and dinner before. This was the first time doing brunch there. The She Crab soup is always delicious. I also had the grit cake Benedict. It had collard greens and a pepper sauce over the grit cakes with large tiger shrimp. Really excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceRunToEatDined on 7/5/2014The server could have been overwhelmed but she didn't arrive promptly, we were delivered the wrong appetizer with no apology from the server, she didn't inform me, a vegetarian, that the potatoes were made with bacon grease. After only four small bites she took my plate and didn't seem to care that I wasn't happy with it. She didn't discount the meal even though I expressed my dislike and clearly showed it with four bites gone. If you're not particular about your food and don't care if service is good or not, I'd recommend this place only because of the patio.Special Features:
- BigChiefMountainBigChiefMountainVIPDined on 7/1/2014This was my second visit to Fourteen Seventy Two and again I loved the menu and the food was great. Large servings and very tasty. We had the cold gazpacho which was perfect for a warm day. The Southern fare is very close to my roots, being a Louisiana girl! I love this part of S. Pearl and it's vibrant feel. We ate upstairs on the covered deck area and it was a totally enjoyable experience. They are adding a bar down below which will be fun for late night outings! Great job on the renovation of this location...take a look at the photos of the little house before all their work.Special Features:
- A Pearl Street GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014My daughter swayed me to try 1472. She frequents Stellas and thought the food next door looked yummy. She was right! From shrimp and grits, to seafood salad, to a pulled pork sandwich, the food was casual and delicious. The patio is the perfect place to catch up with friends on a summer evening.Special Features:
- Has the chef lived in the South?!IdreamofcakesDined on 6/25/2014Given the great location, I decided to go here despite my skepticism regarding the strange kinda-Southern-fusion menu. Vindaloo sauce over meatloaf!? Balsamic and basil on fried green tomatoes!? The goat cheese grits were great and I got a very generous cocktail. Otherwise, meh. Searching for a healthy option (stupid me), I had the mahi mahi with tomato jam. It was a strange grey color, not fully cooked through, and had bones in it. The vegetable of the day was corn on the cob, but our plates arrived with undercooked broccoflower. My husband's pork ribs and friend's fried chicken were purportedly fine, but I thought the chicken looked almost burned. The "macaroni and cheese" turned out to be shells covered in a thin cheese sauce.Special Features:
- Service was great!llrDENVIPDined on 6/23/2014Almost didn't go because of some bad service reviews. Glad I don't believe everyone! Jamie was there with water when we were sat and brought out drinks as soon as they were ordered. Poured our wine throughout the meal and answered all questions about the menu easily. We were a 4 top, with friends out for their wedding anniversary. We had 3 courses, couple bottles of wine, and drinks. Bottle wine was very reasonably priced. Crab beignets were more like hush puppies, but lots of crab. The she crab soup was really good. I'm originally from VA and love she crab soup and they did it right with dry sherry. Wild boar ribs and shrimp & grit cake good. We had a very fun evening! Don't believe all the reviews you read!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmasseycoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014The drinks were pricey, but actually had alcohol in them. Tasted like doubles!Special Features:
- joynanDined on 6/20/2014Food was good, but music so loud we couldn't converse. We moved out to the patio (party of 4) and still had the loud music distraction Also, signage for entrance would be nice as we couldn't figure out how to get in.
- great placeWheatridgefoodieDined on 6/15/2014This was the first brunch and it was great . They were busy but they were very accommodating and helpful.Special Features:
- goodeatsVIPDined on 6/8/2014An untrained staff serving mediocre food, need I say more
- So loud not enjoyable!ColoradoAuburnDined on 5/30/2014The level of noise was so out of control we could not have a conversation. It took 15 minutes for anyone to acknowledge we were seated. The menus we were give were not all the same so very confusing. The service was extremely slow and the waiter seemed disoriented and could not make any recommendations. The Buffalo sirloin was overdone and dry. The wild boar ribs seemed reheated from the day before. The waiter was not motivated enough to keep our drinks refilled. Overall cannot recommend this place. Poor service, food flat, parking ridiculous! No valet. What a disappointment!
- YES!!!HangryManDined on 5/27/2014I love this place & have/will return a number of times! Fantastic spot for dates, friends, and family (probably not young kids). They have a quaint little front patio that's perfect fresh-air dining for 2-4 and a great rooftop space that is open on weekends. They converted an old home into a restaurant, which makes for an intimate feel inside. The food has been spot-on every time and they have delicious craft cocktails to fit all moods and seasons. The only drawback thus far is I tried to take a group of 15 for brunch on their rooftop, but when I called to make reservations they couldn't accommodate a group that large :( Given the great food/drinks/service, location, ambiance, and mid-range prices, this place is a no brainer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menuVeggiebossDined on 5/17/2014Great variety of chooses on the menu. Love their mashed potatoe and veggies on the side. Very accommodating to changes on the menu. As a vegan, they omitted and substituted foods to my liking. Love their mushroom burger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than Charleston!LindaDined on 5/12/2014The shrimp with cheese grits cake was wonderful, even better than the shrimp and grits I had in Charleston recently. Service, too, was outstanding.Special Features:
- Delicious and comfortablechamonriDined on 5/11/2014The food is delicious here. The presentation is great, and the menu is varied and unique, with very interesting flavors. Also, the desserts are the best around. We've been here three times and never disappointed. The ambience is very friendly and comfortable, and we haven't even had a chance to sit outside because of weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moms dayjoy2eatDined on 5/11/2014Experienced for first time for Mother's Day brunch, was very pleased overall. Food was good, waffles were hard and a lot of the pastries were a little too sweet for my taste but overall a good experience, Chocolate covered strawberries were fantastic!Special Features: