3426 Notre-Dame O
Montreal, QC H4C 1N9Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantevoo.com/
- Phone: 5148463886x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Sunday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Lunch: Wednesday - Friday : 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 6:00 PM - 10:30 PM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Contemporary French, Irish
- Executive Chef: Peter Saunders & Sophie Ouellet
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Claudie Harvey 514-846-3886x
- Entertainment: With it"s semi-open kitchen and 5 seats at the spacious bar, EVOO makes the food and drink preparation part of the entertainment. Funky jazz beats to minimal European sounds add to the atmosphere.
- Special Events: Mercredi le 20 août: Menu 4 services et dégustation de 5 vins pour 90$
- Cross Street: Atwater
- Public Transit: Metro Lionel-Groulx is a 3 minute walk away. The 36, 191 STM bus.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Ample street parking is available both in front of the restaurant and on the surrounding side streets. EVOO is located on the periphery of the downtown core and so benefits from comparatively inexpensive on street parking rates.
A word from Restaurant EVOO
EVOO is the collaboration of 3 young people who wish to provide a fresh, new, stylish yet casual dining experience to Montrealers. By serving contemporary french cuisine, using both traditional and modern techniques chefs Sophie Ouellet and Peter Saunders will bring you on a culinary adventure that borrows from classical French, traditional Irish and southern Mediterranean cuisines. Using ingrediants sourced both locally and seasonly and woking with small production farmers located in and around the Montreal area.Continued
At the front of house, Maitre d'Hotel, Claudie Harvey will skillfully cater to your every need with a effortless grace. Providing a service style that's both attentive and relaxed.
At the front of house, Maitre d'Hotel, Claudie Harvey will skillfully cater to your every need with a effortless grace. Providing a service style that's both attentive and relaxed.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Restaurant EVOO - Best Restaurants in Griffintown ›
Restaurant EVOO reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (11)great for brunch (7)romantic (6)special occasion (6)good for groups (4)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- lpeteVIPDined on 10/10/2014Loved this restaurant. We received more than we expected with a nice amuse bouche (salmon tartare on a beet chip) and a palate cleanser (plum sorbet with a sparkling larch power.) My spouse started with the tomato soup, topped with lemon, cucumber and crisped capers. Very nice. We both had the ox tail in cocoa ravioli. The chocolate pasta worked well with the braised meat and very flavorful broth/sauce. For dessert, we shared the warm chocolate cake served with a tarragon emulsion. I would happily have a second or third meal here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food without pretenceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Great little gem in the rough of Notre Dame. Beautifully presented and imaginative delicious food using locally sourced ingredients in a friendly unpretentious atmosphere. From the fresh house cocktails to the little touches in between courses the meal was memorable from start to finish, Care and love cooked into every dish. The melt in your mouth house smoked Deer is a must try!Special Features:
- Best kept secret!RobertDined on 9/18/2014Une expérience culinaire incroyable... Il faut essayer! Notre restaurant favori sans doute!!Special Features:
- Excellent (court) menu !Huby40Dined on 9/13/2014La qualité du repas est irréprochable, tout est frais et originale. Le service souriant et très agréable. Malheureusement, dans un quartier en transformation et le soir ou je suis allé, nous étions 8 personnes en deux tables. Très - trop - tranquille pour un samedi soir. On nous a dit que pour les brunch c'était plus rempli et donc que l'ambiance était mieux. Peu de choix, mais nos quatre sélections étaient excellentes. Avec le vin, un dessert partagé et un espresso, on s'en est tiré à $160, avant pourboire. C'est très honnête et ça en vaut le coût. On retournera, mais en plus grand groupe, style petit party de bureau.Special Features:
- Great friday night dinnerkanneiDined on 9/12/2014Went to EVOO for extended family dinner. They were attentive and very accommodating to the 2 year old at the table, and was great for large group. Food was excellent, the complimentary amuse bouche and palate cleansers were a nice touch. Nice ambiance, overall great experience.Special Features:
- brunchtopnathDined on 8/31/2014Quartier que je ne connaissais pas;j'y retournerai sûrement.Décoration simple,sobre et raffinée.Service vraiment exceptionnel.Menu inventif,frais,très intéressant, et très bien expliqué à la commande.Special Features:
- becassineVIPDined on 8/30/2014Menu is short but everything is really delicious and beautifully presented. Service is friendly though professional; all the dishes are explained in detail when being served. If you don't mind the atmosphere and prefer really good food, you must try this place. Tables are far apart, lights are a little too high, not enough decoration elements... this is the only thing that keeps people from not coming back!Special Features:
- EVOOEricDSDined on 8/22/2014Quiet on a Friday. Chef came out and explained what he had done. Very nice.Special Features:
- A great find......DocWildDined on 7/19/2014Truly an outstanding culinary experience from start to finish. Polished impeccable and courteous service. Bravo!!Special Features:
- StupendousMAGWVIPDined on 7/5/2014Drinks..Original and tasteful Entrée....Spaghetti Calamar was soft and a delight to eat. Our Main consisted of the Gaspar pork, which was perfectly seasoned and the Stuffed Ravioli, Ox tail never tasted so good. You need to try this reataurantSpecial Features:
- The following 64 reviews are from the Restaurant EVOO reviews archive.
- Original local restaurantGazette06Dined on 6/14/2014Usually on notre same st restaurants are noisy to the point of uninteresting. Evoo is paticularly quiet with tables well spreaded out. Service is professional. Food is unusual and tasty. A few recommendations are to expand the main course selection and define the wine list differently. This is the dinner portion that left me coldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GlobalFoodie1Dined on 6/7/2014This was one of the best meals we've had in Montreal, 2 local foodies + 2 from San Francisco on a business trip to Montreal ( all global travelers and accustomed to fine dining). Exquisite presentation, great service and the taste and the quality of the food was outstanding. Locally sourced meats and veg. And the best part, great value for money! We are coming back. Thank you EVOO!Special Features:
- Superbe BrunchpetemagDined on 5/17/2014Excellente expérience que ce brunch à l'Evoo. Créativité, authenticité et très belle exécution ! Boudin noir fait maison, cocktail avec infusion et purée de fruit sans faute ! Essayer aussi ketchup et Nutella maison ! À essayer ou retourner sans faute ! L'ambiance n'est pas transcendante mais les assiettes oui !Special Features:
- Belle soirée !GenfoodiesDined on 5/9/2014Nous avons passé une excellente soirée ! Tout était délicieux !Special Features:
- Outstanding dinnerLuvGoodFoodDined on 4/19/2014What a gem of a restaurant. The food was delicious with interesting combinations one would never think of. The service was excellent with an aim to please; very accommodating, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Can't wait to go back and will definitely recommend to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2014Vraiment surprenant, on va definitivement y retorunerSpecial Features:
- Very good, we'll come back!JFRHDined on 4/12/2014Food was great. You could tell everything was made from scratch. Great service, ideal for brunch. We'll go back for diner eventually!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!KaffVIPDined on 3/30/2014Love how warm and welcoming the staff is. The food is excellent. Everything is made from scratch. Very hot coffee and lattes, which I love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not miss...fullabeansDined on 3/29/2014Having lived in Montreal for 10 years, was nice to return two years later and find innovative cuisine is still around. As many have mentioned in reviews the ambience and name are not great, the focus is on the food as it should be. Fantastic balance of flavours and textures for all three courses. A weakness is that there was only one wine available by the glass, but the server offered to open a bottle if I wanted something different. Highly recommended,Special Features:
- Aventure culinaireAppwappDined on 3/29/2014Chaque élément dans les assiettes était unique et travaillés par le chef. Les petites attention rendent les plats succulents. Même le trou normand était d'une originalité jamais vu dans les autres grands restaurants de Montréal. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014For a Saturday night, the restaurant was almost empty. The food was OK, but nothing special. We did have an excellent bottle of wine, but overall, the price versus quality ratio just didn't cut it. I doubt we will go back.
- Although for some reason whenDezMcFlyDined on 3/8/2014Although for some reason when I dined there with my friend it was not busy at all (especially for a Saturday), I enjoyed the ambiance, up-tempo jazzy music, and good service. I am a vegetarian and they were able to accommodate me with a dish that was delicious! Save room for dessert - deeeelish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent souperGenfoodiesDined on 3/8/2014Nous avons souvent soupés dans de très bons restaurants à Montréal et ailleurs. Nous avons été bien impressionné par la qualité de la nourriture et la qualité du service. Tout est délicieux, différent avec de beaux produits bien frais. Super expérience!!! Nous y retournerons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellente cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/22/2014Restaurant au décor sans prétention mais avec une cuisine subtile et sophistiquée. Délicieux plats de l'entrée au dessert. Prix très ok compte tenu de la qualité qui est ++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end cuisineMtlfoodiDined on 12/21/2013We booked last minute on the Saturday night before Xmas. I have read some very good reviews.It was pretty empty and lacking atmosphere so we almost didn't go in - I assume it was due to the time if year and terrible weather outside rather than anything else. We did stay and the food was very good but it is a very complex French menu and may not please all palates. We were happy with our food and the service was excellent. A little overpriced maybe.Special Features:
- Great night.shrinkwrapDined on 12/19/2013This restaurant surpassed our expectations. I had the best duck I have ever had in my life, and my two dinner companions were thrilled with their choices too (ravioli and rabbit). It is a good sign when folks say that they would definitely come back and order the exact same thing again! Service was a touch slow, but pleasant. The only thing - when it was time to order, we were told that one of the items we had chosen would take 25 minutes to prepare. This information should either be on the menu or told to us BEFORE our menu deliberations to avoid having to choose something else at the last minute. A small point though. Don't miss this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/18/2013Had a great time and a great meal. The price was also right.Special Features:
- Une superbe decouverte!PuptailsDined on 12/13/2013La nourriture , le personnel, le decor, absolument fabuleux!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint surprise in st. HenriTrustFundFoodieVIPDined on 12/12/2013I went to try out avoid for lunch on the reccomendation from a friend. There were 3 choices on the prix fixe the lunch menu. I was not in the mood for fish on a freezing winter's day and the other choice was pork , which I try to avoid.. So , I went with the homemade pasta dish. It was good but not mind blowing. My starter was the cauliflower soup , which was nice. I suspect that the food is more interesting at supper. The service was attentive and the decor modern, making it a nice addition to a neighborhood going through gentrification.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceRobbieboyVIPDined on 11/30/2013Excellent experience! Very creative kitchen. Wait staff had full knowledge of the food and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although the night we wereDolceVIPDined on 11/27/2013Although the night we were there, there weren't that many people, this is a great restaurant. The food is original and excellent. The has a very unique way to prepare food that I found very delicious and simple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst dining experience in MontrealrokatzieDined on 11/16/2013I live in Montreal and rate this the worst Saturday night restaurant in Montreal. The food is bland and downright weird. The amuse bouche of frozen tomatoe and cream left a sour aftertaste. The fish dish was bland and all the food on the plate was white. The dessert of ice cream and olives was weird. It was sprinkled with boxed crushed chocolate wafers. No wonder most of the restaurant was empty at 8:00 pm. Do not eat here if you work hard for your $$.
- Best restaurant experience in yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013From beginning to end, every aspect of the Evoo experience was top notch. From the cocktails to the food, ambiance, modern look and of course the fabulous service- this place does not dissapoint even pickiest of restaurant lovers. I had a great night with my girlfriend and parents, but I would recommend Evoo for almost any occassion. Its spacious enough to feel comfortable and have privacy at your table, but the music, layout and lighting definitely gives you the feeling of being "out." Delicious food with beautiful presentations, smart portions and timing between courses, creative seasonal cocktails... A +Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night SpecialAmelieDined on 11/16/2013Food Quality was outstanding, as was the presentation. I particularly appreciated the portion size, manageable and not intimidating. The wine list was small and could be improved, in particular the selection of white wines. Our servers were cheerful and professional. We will be recommending this spot to our friends. The area is a little grungy so it is surprising to find an upscale restaurant it this spot, but it is reflected in the cost, very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deeelish !CytuDined on 11/10/2013A couple of friends and I were looking for a new breakfast place to celebrate a birthday. I happened to find the great reviews in OpenTable, so we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed ! We each had a different dish and we all loved it. Even the freshly squeezed grapefruit - strawberry juice was fab. The coffee is amazing... Probably the best resto coffee I've ever had. I would not hesitate to recommend this to all, and can't wait to go back. They have a great team working there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food514FoodieDined on 11/9/2013The talented young chefs at EVOO really make the extra effort with their food. Though the menu is short, each dish was elegant and perfectly prepared. The portion size was smaller but with all the little extras we were served, neither of us left hungry. While this is not cheap dining; you will not leave EVOO feeling you over paid for your meal. They also have a number of cocktails that are beautifully delivered with a twist. Small seating capacity makes EVOO perfect for special occasions with a few friends or family. Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niceYSLKDined on 11/9/2013food was good, service was great but the restaurant look little different than photos and pretty smallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- high qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2013From house made rolls to complex unique desserts, everything was original, very fresh and delicious. Presentation was modern and pretty, good portion size, nice ambiance in dimly lit clean contemporary space, plus -- attentive service (with explanation of each dish). Would like to try everything else on their menu -- noticed what people were having at nearby tables and it all looked very appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- taste mtl visitcaththebratDined on 11/7/2013we went to evoo during the taste mtl event. my family and I had a great experience. I would totally come back for their OMG-oh-sooo-fantastic ricotta starter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good. I enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2013The food was good. I enjoyed the little attentions: palet cleanser and amuse bouche. The waiters and staff were attentionate and described every plate. Very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.