30519 Pinetree Road
Pepper Pike, OH 44124Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.restauranteuropacleveland.com/
- Phone: (216) 591-1273
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Russian, European
- Executive Chef: Asta Staniski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Wide variety of food. Weddings, Birthdays, and corporate functions.
- Entertainment: Tuesday Through Sunday Live strolling violinist.
A word from Restaurant Europa
Restaurant Europa features fine European Cuisine. Come enjoy European specialties from our chef Asta, a Lithuanian native who has traveled all over Europe studying the food and culture. We offer a full Bar including a frozen vodka room featuring Europa's own infused vodkas, fur coats and hats. Come take your best shotContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Restaurant Europa reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (7)special occasion (7)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (6)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- One of our favorite restaurants!BobbioDined on 11/8/2014Always...ALWAYS...excellent! A great all-round dining experience! Enjoyed by all that we've told about!Special Features:
- Do not go.BabeDined on 10/23/2014We were one of two tables occupied on a Thursday evening. The food was inedible. I had crusted sea bass which was greasy and tasteless. My rice was gummy and cold and the vegetables uncooked and cold. The blini soggy and gummy, as well. The other three people in my party did not eat their food either. I don't know how they stay open, but we'll never go again and will discourage anyone who asks about the restaurant.
- cold powder potatoesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Have eaten there before ,but this time the mash powdered potatoes were cold didn't want to send back due to slow serveSpecial Features:
- After hours salsa was a blastShergirlDined on 10/3/2014Restaurant was very quiet and the violinist was good. Ice bar is NOT worth going for it's a walkin cooler with furs. It was cheesy but fun. Food was very good. Salsa dancing downstair afterwards was a lot of fun and they even give you lessons if your there by 8:15 so dine early to get downstairs in time. You can also get gift cards from Restaurants.com. We'll go back.Special Features:
- IslaDuoDined on 9/5/2014This was our first visit but it certainly won't be our last. There were three of us as we brought a friend who was celebrating her birthday. I put that in my reservation request and our server surprised her with a candle in her chosen dessert and had the violinist come to our table to play Happy Birthday to her . She was delighted! We shared appetizers which were excellent - our server was very helpful when asked for her opinion - and tasted each other's entrees and desserts. We never felt rushed which really allowed us to enjoy the violinist and wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experiencezsuzsuchewDined on 8/30/2014The soloist was exceptional. He did an excellent job on the violin as well. My husband ordered Yellow Perch on a bed of kale with wild rice. Very good. Best kale we've ever tasted. We ordered the lobster dish to go. Very pleased with it. Grilled chicken salad was superb. All in all it was a good experience. On the down side, there were no table clothes. That took a lot away from the ambiance. There were clothe napkins which did help some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible foodUnknownDined on 8/24/2014First red flag when walking Into the restaurant was the fact that it was empty. Literally. High prices on food that had no flavor at all. Steak just tasted like meat... No seasoning. Mashed potatoes were not from scratch... Straight out the box. Rest of the food tasted like it was from the freezer. Service was fine but I'll never dine there again that's for sure. Gordon Ramsey would close the place for sure.
- crm1Dined on 8/16/2014food was excellent, service was excellent. Dining room could use some remodeling. Tables were worn and outdated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- .Decor was a bit dated.awsumeme1Dined on 7/26/2014The service was outstanding. Our waiter ws b very knowledgeable about the food, how it was cooked etc. His recommendations were spot on. I ordered the meatloaf entree and the chef was "not happy" with the end result and asked to be allowed to make itagain with a complimentary drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 86 reviews are from the Restaurant Europa reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The food was excellent, the personnel were friendly and knowledgeable about the menus items. The place clean and enjoyable to eat at. It's important to hire personnel with the proper work and service attitude. Make sure you keep the right attitude also.Special Features:
- LisydaGeminiDined on 7/23/2014We had a pleasant experience with the mgr Rusty(i think that was his name) he took the time to explain the menu, the ice bar and cater to my 12yr old. We plan on going back very soon. The food was fabulous, we had stuffed lobster, duck and schintzel. The ambience and the Argentine Tango was a bonus...Great Spot for a date nite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent small gemIgorDined on 7/12/2014We have been to Europa several times and have never been disappointed. The service and food have been excellent. We wish it was around the corner from us, but unfortunately have to travel from Akron. Although relatively far, we will visit again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our visitNice2getoutDined on 6/24/2014We enjoyed the food and we had wonderful service. Victoria was our server. We are looking forward to going back again soon.`Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014The dining experience was unique, beginning with 8 appetizers served family style. Our server did an outstanding job of keeping us informed of the various choices. These delicious choices were followed by 3 hearty main courses, all served family style. Everything was quite tasty. All of the food was fresh and prepared to perfection. There was just too much food, much of which was taken home.Special Features:
- Good place for family diningMurphandguestsVIPDined on 6/1/2014We really enjoyed the family style menu, great value with plenty of food for the price. Will return.Special Features:
- DELICIOUStopeyedocVIPDined on 5/27/2014Went to Europa on a quiet Tuesday evening. The menu is quite European. The dishes were well executed. We shared a buckwheat crepe appetizer which was delicious. Perfectly cooked duck breast entree.Special Features:
- Trutly Enjoyable!DeidreDined on 5/24/2014This is one of my favorite places to go! I love this place, and have to recommend the lamb and the lobster! I have also enjoyed the shrimp cocktail with the herbed vodka cocktail sauce. Everything was so wonderful. There was a live violinist there that night, though he played along to pre-recorded tracks. Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Europa MayMiamiQVIPDined on 5/24/2014Excellent dining experience, as always. Food, service the best! Very quiet- no rush to finish, pleasant music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Europe - must try!Atags27Dined on 5/2/2014Our meal at Restaurant Europa was fantastic! Be sure to have the Seafood Crepes! They were amazing! Everything in this restaurant was home made. You can tell that great care is put into every meal. Also try the assorted fruit infused vodkas. Our server was very nice and attentive. The Manager also stopped by the table to make sure that we were happy with our meal. Next time we would like to come back with more people to try the family style meals. Cute photo opportunities in the Vodka Room. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Dinnerdisappointed1sttimeDined on 4/20/2014We were disappointed this time. The waitress was forgetful and inattentive. The food lacked flavor and my husband's Scallops were rubbery and overcooked. We have been to this restaurant a number of times with great results. I am hoping that this visit was not an indication of things to come.Special Features:
- review from Sunday April 13renaeDined on 4/13/2014We went there not knowing that Sunday was Tango night. While I enjoy watching other people dance, especially those who are good, the music was SO LOUD it was hard to talk at our table in the next room. The family stlye dinner is the best option for groups of 3 or more. Lots of good flavors and variety with the family dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the evening!KindofPickyDined on 4/11/2014Service was excellent - very friendly from the time we arrived which is so important for great experience. Menu had very nice selections and the food was excellent. Loved the background music - it was a perfect touch. Was there for salsa night at the bar downstairs and had a great time. Thank you for such a lovely evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family StyleRosieDined on 4/9/2014If you have three or more in your party, try the family style. The party members should select different entrees so everyone can try a number of things from the menu which you can share with another. This was the first visit for the three of us. We did enjoy the appetizers and entrees being spaced throughout the evening and being able to talk/visit.. Definitely a place to try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ethnic and AuthenticOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/22/2014Europa is a little gem tucked away among shops and other businesses. Notable for its "Ice Bar" which is a cold room featuring many kinds of vodka for tasting. This is a place to experience what vodka really can be on its own. Love Grey Goose? Wait until you try some of the bartender's vodka recommendations! Food her is earthy, hearty old-world. Borscht and beet salad, lamb and schnitzels, duck and stuffed cabbage. And everything tastes like something your Baba used to make.Special Features:
- Memorable nightlisaDined on 3/15/2014We drove up from Columbus just to experience Restaurant Europa. Although the music was good, I think it would be better if the violinist would go solo rather than playing along to a track. The food was delicious, best stuffed grape leaves ever. Although the vodka was great, it wasn't nearly as cold as advertised. We really got a kick out of donning the furs and hanging out in the freezer room, though. Overall, I'd return in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014Calamari was delicious and our server was very friendly. Would recommend to anyone looking for a somewhere new to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tango nighthappyjohnnyDined on 2/19/2014Europa has dancing on some nights, with a very eclectic crowd! We were there on tango night - salsa is on Fridays. Good Eastern European food with a big selection of Vodkas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCovenantseedDined on 2/16/2014Great food,great service, nice atmosphere, everything was great. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I were veryPixiedineDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I were very impressed with the food and enjoyed ourselves immensely, we were able to taste new flavors and have great conversation with each other and the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2014Restaurant Europa was a great choice for a Valentine's dinner where romantic atmosphere wasn't important, but great food was. For appetizers we got the mushroom belini and the smoked salmon & latkes. For entrees my wife got the duck breast and had the Ahi Tuna. The total bill was just under $60 before tax and tip. Everything was delicious. The staff was friendly and responsive. We also liked the live violinist who played during dinner. We arrived just before the dinner rush, but by the time we left, the place was buzzing with activity. I'd recommend this place for anyone who knows and likes Russian food, or anyone else who's interested in something off the beaten path.Special Features:
- A little bit of RussiaCuyahogaJanVIPDined on 2/8/2014We enjoyed choosing from items not typically seen on Cleveland restaurant menus. The mushroom blinis were a real treat, as was the borscht. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is excellent andemperorVIPDined on 2/6/2014The food is excellent and well prepared. The generous portions resemble eating at grandma's. The part missing is the ambience and warmth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Great TimeJohnDined on 2/1/2014Went in for the Ceviche Bar but found out its only open on Fridays so we sat at the main bar and decided to give it a try. While the ambiance was a little lacking the food and service at the bar was outstanding! We tried the grape leaves stuffed with ground lamb and the seafood crepes, found them both to be very good! Then we ordered the Kobe steak and it was super awesome!! We sampled many different vodka's and ended up having our picture taken in the -14 chilled vodka room with the fur coats they provide, so much fun!! We finished the night with a desert and really enjoyed our experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Dining ExperienceFeedMeDined on 1/25/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the food at Europa. The grape leaves appetizer was excellent as was the chicken obuolys. They have a short, but fine vodka drink menu. Try the Russian Mule! The menu is eclectic, anchored by a few eastern european staples and rounded out with some fine meat and seafood selections, including two ceviche appetizers (there is also a separate ceviche bar downstairs, which was closed the even my wife and I were dining. The Ice Bar makes a fun photo opp and finale to the evening. They have concerted a meat locker into a small rustic, cabin like setting (at -12 degrees) to enjoy a quick vodka shot. To add to the kitsch, the restaurant has an array of fur coats and hats to keep you warm while in the ice bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodMelissaVIPDined on 1/18/2014This restraint has a good variety of dishes that would appeal to most folks. The chicken obuolys was delicious. The soup du jour, spicy mushroom, was a wonderful treat. Just enough spice to warm the palette. The Maine lobster tail was disappointing as they were baked in the shell which made the meat stick to the shell and hard to remove. Overall, a wonderful dinner. We would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemShariStarshineDined on 1/12/2014I thought this would be a novelty night out, something different to be experienced by four friends. I was a little dubious about trying Russian food but what a pleasant surprise! Three of us tried a sampler which included eight (yes, that's right ~ eight!) appetizers and three entrees. The appetizers were mostly vegetable based and so delicious I think I could become a vegetarian if I could make these dishes. All the vegetables were so fresh. I never have been a fan of beets; in fact I hate them but I tried the beet salad and I loved it. I guess its all about the preparation. By the time the entrees came we were pretty full. However we tried everything and took plenty home. We loved it! We'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a kind!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/20/2013Food is excellent and fairly priced; service is great! We hope to come back here many more times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun new experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2013We visited Restaurant Europa on a blind double date for two of our friends. We wanted to encourage them both to be open to possibility and the restaurant created that opportunity. The food was new and different for us and pushed us outside of our comfort zones! Everything was delicious. Service was excellent. Vodka room was unique and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eastern European Simplicitysid1257Dined on 10/29/2013The food was generally good, but simplistic in approach. The seafood seemed to be done with some expertise and the portions generous. The scallops especially good. We went with an expectation of "fine dining" and came away with a feeling that we were in more of an ethnic, neighborhood restaurant. Not bad, just not what we expected. Knowing this, we may go back for their meatloaf or Russian snitchel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-day dinner successCEB5Dined on 10/5/2013The food was delicious as well as the servers being attentive. I'd definitely go back maybe visit the ceviche bar and do a little salsa dancing. The description of the Siberian Iced Vodka room seemed off a little but it was still interesting.Special Features: