2277 Peachtree Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restauranteugene.com/
- Phone: 4043550321x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Linton Hopkins
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Wine
- Special Events: Please inquire at (404)355-0321.
A word from Restaurant Eugene
Each evening, award-winning Chef Linton Hopkins and wife Gina welcome diners to savor an ever-changing menu that highlights Georgia's purest, locally grown produce and naturally raised meats. The inspired, New American cuisine is lovingly prepared with a southern accent and served with gracious hospitality. Each detail--from the hearth-baked bread to the pickled peaches to the Charcuterie - is made in-house. Indulge in a bottle from the meticulously selected wine list, or join us at the bar for a hand-crafted libation from our nationally recognized cocktail menu. Restaurant Eugene has been a winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2005. Chef Hopkins is a 2012 Best Chef Southeast James Beard Award winner, was named a Food & Wine Magazine Best New Chefs All Star in 2013 and is the most recent addition to Delta's culinary team.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Restaurant Eugene - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Restaurant Eugene reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (118)fit for foodies (114)romantic (91)notable wine list (69)neighborhood gem (25)hot spot (9)good for groups (7)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not recommendedMartinPDined on 10/22/2014The ambiance was great and we got off to a good start with a cocktail in the bar. The food was a disappointment. We have had many tasting menus at many fine restaurants, this just didn't compare. The meat course was particularly poor, and the vegetables were bitter. The cheese was delicious, and served at the perfect temperature. I expected a more complex dessert course, there were not enough elements on the plate.
- Fantastic upscale experiencegdj3VIPDined on 10/17/2014For unknown reasons we had never visited Restaurant Eugene, and now we understand what we've been missing! My wife and I had an excellent experience at this upscale venue, and count it very high on the list of Atlanta fine-dining establishments. Decor and ambiance were upscale and urban, reminding us of modern restaurants in New York and other large cities. Service at all levels was friendly, skilled, and helpful. The skill and knowledge of the servers and sommelier was very impressive, with more aggregate wine knowledge than I've seen in some time. Food freshness, quality, and innovation were excellent, with all courses on the mark. We plan to return frequently to this new favorite!Special Features:
- tasting menuCLeeDined on 10/17/2014We went for an anniversary dinner and we decided to order the tasting menu. In addition to all the courses listed they kept sending amuse bouche tastings out. It was just too much food. Mostly very tasty, but I would never do the tasting menu again. Some of the sauces were extraordinary. Service was impeccable. With one glass of wine each it was about $180 per person with tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressed overall!LogoDined on 10/11/2014Great service and excellent food! This was our first visit and liked everything about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I tend to spend all of our celebratory meals (birthday, anniversary, guest in town.... tuesdays) @ RE. We love it, the food is top notch, the service is attentive and the ambiance ia great. Really worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BEST!! An ABSOLUTE MUSTShelDined on 10/8/2014This was my first visit to Atlanta in about 20 years, and I was very impressed with the cuisine, service, ambiance, and menus at Restaurant Eugene. I am seriously considering traveling back to eat there again. I have placed this beautiful culinary experience right up there as one of my favorites. I highly recommend it to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An event, not a mealFoodieDined on 10/8/2014We like to taste small amounts of lots of things, so we had a total of 10 dishes to try by ordering both tasting menus. Exquisite quality and creativity in everything. We got the wine pairing, which came with a little too much explanation of each wine for our taste, but still nicely done. Amazing attention to detail. The only slip was that we were given a wine list and the sommelier came to consult before we even got the menu, so we didn't know what to eat or which wine to pick. This is not a place for a quick meal. We were there for 2-1/2 hours. This is a place to have a long conversation with someone you love or at least want to get to know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent mealatlfoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2014we decided to order a la carte instead of the tasting menu. the food was delicious and well prepared. the service was great and everyone was attentive.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerStevePDined on 9/26/2014Superb service, generally excellent food, elegant setting. The seasoning was at times timid; otherwise, technique was exemplary, as was the conception of the individual courses.Special Features:
- What Happened ?Beas8065VIPDined on 9/20/2014Service was not up to normal standards , 45 minutes after we ordered our first course finally appeared ! had to ask a couple of times for another glass of bubbly for my wive , not normal , Food was like normal outstanding , but service slipped badly , painful !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDiner19Dined on 9/20/2014Overall the ambiance at Eugene was nice quiet. Small space If you're into tastings then I would recommend this restaurant. Otherwise their menu is limited & in my opinion, overpriced for what you get. $30 for a crab appetizer you get 2 spoonfuls out of was a bit much.Special Features:
- Foodie paradiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014We got the 5 course tasting. Every course was unique and delicious. The service was impeccable. This restaurant lives up to the hype. It is one of the best if not the best restaurant in ATL.Special Features:
- Top dining in AtlantacnalscVIPDined on 9/18/2014Our first night on a four day trip to Atlanta was at Restaurant Eugene. Somehow, we managed to get to the restaurant in spite of the deadlocked traffic in downtown Atlanta. We were warmly greeted, seated immediately, and offered a glass of champagne, which relaxed us instantly. Food and service were superb; the fish dishes in particular (red snapper and grouper) were spectacular. Different types of wonderful bread (made in the restaurant’s kitchen) were served with each course. Wine list has some very interesting selections. Ambiance is elegant and its mercifully quiet. Overall, it was our best dining experience during our stay in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnnyDined on 9/13/2014Went for a special birthday for my wife. The staff was pleasant and attentive from the reservation confirmation call through dessert. The warm vegetable salad and the filet and grouper were outstanding. We appreciated all the little touches between courses. Overall the dining room was comfortable and we had a particularly good both for two in the corner for our special night. Highly recommend Restaurant Eugene for you special night or just a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Ten years in and still greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/12/2014We have been busy since having our first child but decided to get a babysitter and return to Eugene for my wife's birthday. Wonder experience as always. They spoke to her by name, wished her happy birthday and made for a great night. With each course, the accompanying wine was spot on and excellent. Great work and thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding - Highly RecommendedDinningforFunVIPDined on 9/12/2014Came here as we were in the Buckhead area - and the restaurant had nice reviews. I thought it was really excellent. Atmosphere - great Service - strong meal - great main courses. I had the shortrib - Outstanding desert (Chocolate) - great salad - ochra. this was ok but lacked the crunch I was hoping for.Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceJDT45ACPDined on 9/8/2014Super attentive staff, great place for a romantic dinner. I went with a co-worker who is not really a foodie and he loved it. The menu took him out of his comfort zone but he had a great experience. Smaller portions which is not a bad thing, but if you are expecting the typical restaurant chain size portion like my co-worker it's a bit of a shock at first. Especially if the are price conscious. You do not leave hungry! Smallish menu, again not a bad thing, but just be aware if you or your 'date' are accustomed to a giant plastic menu. Great food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!! Will go back!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014We were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary and chose the tasting menu with wine pairings. Our experience surpassed even our very high expectations going in to the evening. The food is outstanding, the service was impeccable, and we could not have enjoyed our evening any more. One note, this is a long dining experience so if you are in any sort of a hurry it would be better to order from the a la carte menu.Special Features:
- Best In AtlantaEugeneVIPDined on 9/6/2014The bill was very expensive but the meal was worth every penny spent. I am usually a little frugal but as long as they give this kind of service and food I guess they can get away with charging thee NYC prices. No wonder they are always booked. We will go back for special occasions.Special Features:
- Best place in town.AlexanderDined on 9/5/2014My wife And I celebrate 16 years of marriage! The best choice!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experiencebdeshetlerVIPDined on 9/5/2014I usually don't write reviews unless I have either a horrific experience or an incredible one. On Friday evening my wife and I had one of the best meals of our lives. I have dined at Charlie Trotter's, Seeger's, fine restaurants in France, New York, San Francisco, New Orleans, etc. and I have to say this restaurant ranks equal or better than those. We chose the 5 course tasting menu and the dishes were fantastic. This will take 2-3 hours so you are in for an experience, not just good food. If you only have an hour or so, the ala carte looked great too. The service was warm and engaging. Alex and Mario made sure everything was perfect. The flavors were so different but so well paired together with the wine that we had an unforgettable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining at it's BestKg07Dined on 8/30/2014The service was impeccable but the most notable part of our dining experience was the food. Each dish was a delight for the palate. Seasonal, local cuisine at it's finest!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing DinnerBastilleVIPDined on 8/30/2014We celebrated my husband birthday last Saturday evening and had an Amazing time. The service is impeccable and the food is delicious. We decide the try the 5 course Chief's choice with Wine parings. My husband choose the vegetarian menu and I choose the other. Stephen was our waiter and he asked if we had any food allergies or food preference so they could tailor the meal to our requests. Nice touch! The food was creative and delicious and the wine was the perfect compliment to each course. We dined for over 2 hours and talk easily in a full restaurant. The dinner was on the expensive side for us but worth every penny. I highly recommend Restaurant Eugene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five stars are not enoughJSF22VIPDined on 8/30/2014We have been lucky enough to dine in some fabulous places around the country and around the world. We are hard pressed to recall a better meal, better service, or better experience than at Restaurant Eugene. Just choose the tasting menu and wine pairings and let them take you away. Every bite and every sip was pure joy. Very expensive and well worth it.Special Features:
- Eclectic DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Chef tasting menu is the only way to go. The wine pairings was just perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptionalluluDined on 8/23/2014From food to service. ..everything was more than one could expect. I loved the feel of the iron fitted table cloths to the fantastic wine and food pairings. It was just the two of us but I counted 5 plus wait staff for each and every one of our needs. The sommelier explained all the wines and drinks. He was so humble and very personable. The manager even gave us some info on the different food items and reccomendations. Everyone was so lovely and well worth the price. I felt like I died and went to foodie heaven with each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014We had a lovely dinner and they had fabulous vegetarian options Would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Food can not be beat in AtlantaScottie2Dined on 8/22/2014Entree's were from the a la carte side of the menu and included rabbit, a grouper & two snapper as well as salads. Each and every food item was presented very creatively and tasted outstanding.The pace of the food items was timely, precise, and elegant. The service, specifically the drink items was atrocious. Initially we had the water, then the menus but no pre-dinner drink order was taken. After flagging down and having our order taken we waited 15 minutes, then had to inquire again. This also happened for the drink refills. After an extremely long wait we again had to search out and find someone to track our order. Truly a service experience that prevented us from strongly recommending the restaurant.Special Features:
- EugeneTryNewFoodDined on 8/22/2014Beautiful restaurant and great service grouper was delicious but rabbit too saltySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryVIPDined on 8/16/2014As expected, the food was fantastic; best duck I've ever had. And the service was perfect, attentive but not smothering.Special Features:
- Eugene'sIntowndinerDined on 8/16/2014The food at Eugene's is far superior to both the Optimist or St. Celicia where we had dined in the last few weeks. The only downside for us is having to leave Intown/ downtown for a Buckhead location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/16/2014More than lived up to very high expectations. Classy without any pretense, from start to finish. Staff professionalism blended with enthusiasm in the perfect balance. Wonderful special occasion destination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the CityLarooVIPDined on 8/15/2014We've had wonderful meals during the past year at most of the restaurants regarded as Atlanta's best. Right now, Restaurant Eugene is at the top of the list. The food is creative and perfectly prepared, from the amuse bouche to breads, appetizers to desserts. Excellent wine list and one of the best selections of spirits in the city, with a creative sommelier and bartenders. As good as the food and beverages are, however, what really sets Restaurant Eugene apart is the terrific service. The wait staff is at your table at precisely the right moments, without being intrusive, and the pace of the meal was perfect. Just a wonderful and interesting culinary experience -- we can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RE Defines PretentiousJohnVIPDined on 8/15/2014Look up pretentious in the dictionary and you see "attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed." That is exactly what we thought of RE after eating there. I have never paid this much for a meal and received so little quality for it. In fact, I dined there only one week ago and I cannot even remember what food I ate except for the awful dessert. We ordered the Chef's Tasting menu (5 course). There was something with shrimp in it and I remember that because I got a nice crunch of shell in mine. The dessert tasted like sugar pudding, so sweet. It was so bad we took one bite and sent it back. There was some type of "cake" with it too which was dry and tasteless. Friendly staff, but.
- Superb revisitRwg2savorVIPDined on 8/14/2014We had a terrific food experience that reinforced the seasonal and local choices chosen so well. Surprised the place was only half full...wine list needs a champagne under $140 but is well balanced otherwise..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and great foodMG00Dined on 8/14/2014The service was impeccable. We were celebrating my mother's birthday and received happy birthday remarks from everyone that approached our table, including a card from the manager. We did the chefs tasting menu with the wine pairing. It was a great experience. The beginning started out wonderfully, but I do think it ended too sweet. They dragged out the sweetness a bit too much for any of us. Maybe the wine pairing can let up a bit on the sweetness?? Overall great meal and great service.Special Features:
- specialPDM42VIPDined on 8/13/2014Excellent overall experience. Food was excellent, service attentive and knowledgable yet very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing tasting menufoodsterVIPDined on 8/9/2014Loved everything we had the other evening. Would definitely recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Absolutely perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014This was a world-class dining experience. The flavors were varied and intricate with perfect balance. The ingredients are so fresh I would believe that the fruits and vegetables were picked that day. The staff is incredibly knowledgeable, friendly, fast, and smooth. I would recommend Restaurant Eugene to anyone who really enjoys food.Special Features:
- houstonVIPDined on 8/4/2014If you are interested in a fabulous dinner, one where local foods are beautifully and imaginatively prepared, this is your place. We are serious "foodies" and this was one of the very best restaurant meals in memory.Special Features: