2277 Peachtree Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restauranteugene.com/
- Phone: 4043550321x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Linton Hopkins
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant Eugene Private Dining availability includes the Chef’s Table for 6-8 guests, the Orchid Room for up to 20 guests, and Restaurant buy-out for up to 85 guests. Private Dining is available for luncheon and dinner events.
- Private Party Contact: Cynthia Phelps 8772421137
- Special Events: Please inquire at (404)355-0321.
A word from Restaurant Eugene
Each evening, award-winning Chef Linton Hopkins and wife Gina welcome diners to savor an ever-changing menu that highlights Georgia's purest, locally grown produce and naturally raised meats. The inspired, New American cuisine is lovingly prepared with a southern accent and served with gracious hospitality. Each detail--from the hearth-baked bread to the pickled peaches to the Charcuterie - is made in-house. Indulge in a bottle from the meticulously selected wine list, or join us at the bar for a hand-crafted libation from our nationally recognized cocktail menu. Restaurant Eugene has been a winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2005. Chef Hopkins is a 2012 Best Chef Southeast James Beard Award winner, was named a Food & Wine Magazine Best New Chefs All Star in 2013 and is the most recent addition to Delta's culinary team.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Restaurant Eugene - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Restaurant Eugene reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (114)fit for foodies (107)romantic (85)notable wine list (65)neighborhood gem (27)hot spot (8)good for groups (8)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- JohnnyDined on 9/13/2014Went for a special birthday for my wife. The staff was pleasant and attentive from the reservation confirmation call through dessert. The warm vegetable salad and the filet and grouper were outstanding. We appreciated all the little touches between courses. Overall the dining room was comfortable and we had a particularly good both for two in the corner for our special night. Highly recommend Restaurant Eugene for you special night or just a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Ten years in and still greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/12/2014We have been busy since having our first child but decided to get a babysitter and return to Eugene for my wife's birthday. Wonder experience as always. They spoke to her by name, wished her happy birthday and made for a great night. With each course, the accompanying wine was spot on and excellent. Great work and thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding - Highly RecommendedDinningforFunVIPDined on 9/12/2014Came here as we were in the Buckhead area - and the restaurant had nice reviews. I thought it was really excellent. Atmosphere - great Service - strong meal - great main courses. I had the shortrib - Outstanding desert (Chocolate) - great salad - ochra. this was ok but lacked the crunch I was hoping for.Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceJDT45ACPDined on 9/8/2014Super attentive staff, great place for a romantic dinner. I went with a co-worker who is not really a foodie and he loved it. The menu took him out of his comfort zone but he had a great experience. Smaller portions which is not a bad thing, but if you are expecting the typical restaurant chain size portion like my co-worker it's a bit of a shock at first. Especially if the are price conscious. You do not leave hungry! Smallish menu, again not a bad thing, but just be aware if you or your 'date' are accustomed to a giant plastic menu. Great food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!! Will go back!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014We were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary and chose the tasting menu with wine pairings. Our experience surpassed even our very high expectations going in to the evening. The food is outstanding, the service was impeccable, and we could not have enjoyed our evening any more. One note, this is a long dining experience so if you are in any sort of a hurry it would be better to order from the a la carte menu.Special Features:
- Best In AtlantaOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/6/2014The bill was very expensive but the meal was worth every penny spent. I am usually a little frugal but as long as they give this kind of service and food I guess they can get away with charging thee NYC prices. No wonder they are always booked. We will go back for special occasions.Special Features:
- Best place in town.AlexanderDined on 9/5/2014My wife And I celebrate 16 years of marriage! The best choice!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experiencebdeshetlerVIPDined on 9/5/2014I usually don't write reviews unless I have either a horrific experience or an incredible one. On Friday evening my wife and I had one of the best meals of our lives. I have dined at Charlie Trotter's, Seeger's, fine restaurants in France, New York, San Francisco, New Orleans, etc. and I have to say this restaurant ranks equal or better than those. We chose the 5 course tasting menu and the dishes were fantastic. This will take 2-3 hours so you are in for an experience, not just good food. If you only have an hour or so, the ala carte looked great too. The service was warm and engaging. Alex and Mario made sure everything was perfect. The flavors were so different but so well paired together with the wine that we had an unforgettable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining at it's BestKg07Dined on 8/30/2014The service was impeccable but the most notable part of our dining experience was the food. Each dish was a delight for the palate. Seasonal, local cuisine at it's finest!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing DinnerBastilleVIPDined on 8/30/2014We celebrated my husband birthday last Saturday evening and had an Amazing time. The service is impeccable and the food is delicious. We decide the try the 5 course Chief's choice with Wine parings. My husband choose the vegetarian menu and I choose the other. Stephen was our waiter and he asked if we had any food allergies or food preference so they could tailor the meal to our requests. Nice touch! The food was creative and delicious and the wine was the perfect compliment to each course. We dined for over 2 hours and talk easily in a full restaurant. The dinner was on the expensive side for us but worth every penny. I highly recommend Restaurant Eugene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five stars are not enoughJSF22VIPDined on 8/30/2014We have been lucky enough to dine in some fabulous places around the country and around the world. We are hard pressed to recall a better meal, better service, or better experience than at Restaurant Eugene. Just choose the tasting menu and wine pairings and let them take you away. Every bite and every sip was pure joy. Very expensive and well worth it.Special Features:
- Eclectic DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Chef tasting menu is the only way to go. The wine pairings was just perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptionalluluDined on 8/23/2014From food to service. ..everything was more than one could expect. I loved the feel of the iron fitted table cloths to the fantastic wine and food pairings. It was just the two of us but I counted 5 plus wait staff for each and every one of our needs. The sommelier explained all the wines and drinks. He was so humble and very personable. The manager even gave us some info on the different food items and reccomendations. Everyone was so lovely and well worth the price. I felt like I died and went to foodie heaven with each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014We had a lovely dinner and they had fabulous vegetarian options Would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Food can not be beat in AtlantaScottie2Dined on 8/22/2014Entree's were from the a la carte side of the menu and included rabbit, a grouper & two snapper as well as salads. Each and every food item was presented very creatively and tasted outstanding.The pace of the food items was timely, precise, and elegant. The service, specifically the drink items was atrocious. Initially we had the water, then the menus but no pre-dinner drink order was taken. After flagging down and having our order taken we waited 15 minutes, then had to inquire again. This also happened for the drink refills. After an extremely long wait we again had to search out and find someone to track our order. Truly a service experience that prevented us from strongly recommending the restaurant.Special Features:
- EugeneTryNewFoodDined on 8/22/2014Beautiful restaurant and great service grouper was delicious but rabbit too saltySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryVIPDined on 8/16/2014As expected, the food was fantastic; best duck I've ever had. And the service was perfect, attentive but not smothering.Special Features:
- Eugene'sIntowndinerDined on 8/16/2014The food at Eugene's is far superior to both the Optimist or St. Celicia where we had dined in the last few weeks. The only downside for us is having to leave Intown/ downtown for a Buckhead location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/16/2014More than lived up to very high expectations. Classy without any pretense, from start to finish. Staff professionalism blended with enthusiasm in the perfect balance. Wonderful special occasion destination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the CityLarooVIPDined on 8/15/2014We've had wonderful meals during the past year at most of the restaurants regarded as Atlanta's best. Right now, Restaurant Eugene is at the top of the list. The food is creative and perfectly prepared, from the amuse bouche to breads, appetizers to desserts. Excellent wine list and one of the best selections of spirits in the city, with a creative sommelier and bartenders. As good as the food and beverages are, however, what really sets Restaurant Eugene apart is the terrific service. The wait staff is at your table at precisely the right moments, without being intrusive, and the pace of the meal was perfect. Just a wonderful and interesting culinary experience -- we can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RE Defines PretentiousJohnVIPDined on 8/15/2014Look up pretentious in the dictionary and you see "attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed." That is exactly what we thought of RE after eating there. I have never paid this much for a meal and received so little quality for it. In fact, I dined there only one week ago and I cannot even remember what food I ate except for the awful dessert. We ordered the Chef's Tasting menu (5 course). There was something with shrimp in it and I remember that because I got a nice crunch of shell in mine. The dessert tasted like sugar pudding, so sweet. It was so bad we took one bite and sent it back. There was some type of "cake" with it too which was dry and tasteless. Friendly staff, but.
- Superb revisitRwg2savorVIPDined on 8/14/2014We had a terrific food experience that reinforced the seasonal and local choices chosen so well. Surprised the place was only half full...wine list needs a champagne under $140 but is well balanced otherwise..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and great foodMG00Dined on 8/14/2014The service was impeccable. We were celebrating my mother's birthday and received happy birthday remarks from everyone that approached our table, including a card from the manager. We did the chefs tasting menu with the wine pairing. It was a great experience. The beginning started out wonderfully, but I do think it ended too sweet. They dragged out the sweetness a bit too much for any of us. Maybe the wine pairing can let up a bit on the sweetness?? Overall great meal and great service.Special Features:
- specialPDM42VIPDined on 8/13/2014Excellent overall experience. Food was excellent, service attentive and knowledgable yet very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing tasting menufoodsterVIPDined on 8/9/2014Loved everything we had the other evening. Would definitely recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Absolutely perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014This was a world-class dining experience. The flavors were varied and intricate with perfect balance. The ingredients are so fresh I would believe that the fruits and vegetables were picked that day. The staff is incredibly knowledgeable, friendly, fast, and smooth. I would recommend Restaurant Eugene to anyone who really enjoys food.Special Features:
- houstonVIPDined on 8/4/2014If you are interested in a fabulous dinner, one where local foods are beautifully and imaginatively prepared, this is your place. We are serious "foodies" and this was one of the very best restaurant meals in memory.Special Features:
- panintimeVIPDined on 8/3/2014Excellent in every way. A wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- A Milestone MealMoreDined on 7/31/2014It had been too long since we ventured from the 'burbs down to Restaurant Eugene. To say it's worth the drive is an understatement. So, celebrating a milestone anniversary, we expected no different. Great restaurants, like any great brand, understand exactly what their brand experience entails and this restaurant gets these details. Everyone who served us, from the reservationist to service manager, waiters, sommeliers and bartender all seemed genuinely congratulatory. We were treated to a glass of bubbly to start the meal and the chef rewarded us, beyond the exquisite tasting menu, with several surprises between courses – all expertly paired with wine. A fabulous meal, a memorable evening and a huge "thank you" to the Hopkins and staff.Special Features:
- The best meal I've ever had.wannaBfoodieDined on 7/30/2014The staff was attentive and a well oiled machine. The attention to detail puts them over the top on service. I did the chefs 5-course tasting menu, which in addition to the 5 courses came with 3 amuse-bouche, a pre-appetizer, 3 bread courses ( the brioche is amazing), a mid meal blood orange sorbet palette cleanser, a pre-desert, and a post desert "thank you" sampler from the pastry chef. I didn't do the wine pairing, but the sommelier, Nate, selected two glasses of nice wines to nicely accompany the meal; a Chenin blanc for the first half and a Syrah for the 2nd half. They were both lovely wines, he selected the perfect ones to work with multiple dishes.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in AtlantaPacemomDined on 7/29/2014Amazing menu, impeccable service, inventive and tasty food!!Special Features:
- Twice as good at half the priceBobDougDined on 7/27/2014The service was outstanding; they knew it was our anniversary and there were some nice added touches: a couple glasses of very good champagne, and extra desert. The food (we chose the 5 course Chef Tasting) was delicious and creative but the prices were, for me, shocking. We've eaten at many very fine restaurants over the decades together and this was, by far, the most expensive, but perhaps not the very finest. I admit to being a bit of a cheapskate, compared to some, and after it was over, I have to say, I would have enjoyed it twice as much at half the price, and it still would have been as expensive as any we've had.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningTheaterGoerDined on 7/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Restaurant Eugene - the service was exceptional (thank you Todd). We all had the chef's tasting menu with a few additions. Our companions said the sweetbreads were the best they had ever had. Others especially enjoyed the trout appetizer. Two disappointments, the men in our group were disappointed by the main course portion size; one said without the extras, he would have left hungry. Another said the filet was a little tough. Overall it was a great meal, and we would definitely return.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in AtlantaJimmcgeeDined on 7/26/2014I have lived in Atlanta for a while now and eaten at most of the fine dining establishments in town. There are some really great restaurants in Atlanta but without a doubt Restaurant Eugene is head and shoulders above the rest. I would highly recommend the prix fix chefs meal as you will be delighted in the creative genius that goes in to your dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining ExperiencefoodforthoughtDined on 7/25/2014The food never disappoints, the service is always attentive and the whole experience definitely worth the cost. In particular the tasting menu takes you through a visual and culinary journey not to be missed.Special Features:
- Lived up to the reviews!kdthevpVIPDined on 7/25/2014Excellent choice to celebrate a romantic evening prior to the ASO! Service was impeccable from the moment we set foot in the establishment. The food courses in the chef's tasting menu were eclectic and thoughtful, provocative of the chef's creative imaginings. The meal was excellent and very memorable, even though some courses were more adventurous than I'd normally go for. THe desserts were the perfect complement to the meal and a fitting ending! I look forward to another opportunity to enjoy Restaurant Eugene and it's excellent cuisine and service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014Should be in the michelin guide. Great restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time a charmCharmedVIPDined on 7/18/2014Over the past five years we had dined at Restaurant Eugene twice and were NOT impressed (due to long waits - even with reservations - and bad service). However our friends all had great experiences. We decided to give it one more try and were very, very impressed. Our server (a young man in pre-med) was fantastic and made the evening work well for us.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerDgbecker17Dined on 7/17/2014I took my girlfriend to Restaurant Eugene for our three year anniversary. The entire staff from hosts, bartenders, servers, kitchen, and management have set a new standard for the fine dining experience. They were not only attentive and knowledgable, but also warm and personable. They took note of the fact we chose them for our special occasion and took every effort to make our night memorable. The staff really know their craft and have a passion of immersing you in the dining experience from start to finish. Whether you choose á la carte or the tasting menu, be ready for a delicious experience full of unique dishes prepared with the finest techniques.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of only a few fine dining ATLnutritiondocVIPDined on 7/13/2014I have been to R Eugene several times over the years. Perhaps that makes one more critical or expectations higher. My last visit prior was over a year before. I usually go for the full tasting with full wine pairings. This recent visit was "nice" but overall was left feeling that it was not worth the price. I am not diminishing the place since your other ATL tasting option is the "way over salted" Bacchanalia. This recent we had only one exceptional dish (trout app) that far surpassed any "nice" others. The wine pairings while matching the dishes in theory were not conducive to the typical artful build that a place like le bernardin or Daniel would do. It might be better off ordering from the menu unless I got an off night.Special Features: