2277 Peachtree Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restauranteugene.com/
- Phone: 4043550321x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Linton Hopkins
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant Eugene Private Dining availability includes the Chef’s Table for 6-8 guests, the Orchid Room for up to 20 guests, and Restaurant buy-out for up to 85 guests. Private Dining is available for luncheon and dinner events.
- Private Party Contact: Cynthia Phelps 8772421137
- Special Events: Please inquire at (404)355-0321.
A word from Restaurant Eugene
Each evening, award-winning Chef Linton Hopkins and wife Gina welcome diners to savor an ever-changing menu that highlights Georgia's purest, locally grown produce and naturally raised meats. The inspired, New American cuisine is lovingly prepared with a southern accent and served with gracious hospitality. Each detail--from the hearth-baked bread to the pickled peaches to the Charcuterie - is made in-house. Indulge in a bottle from the meticulously selected wine list, or join us at the bar for a hand-crafted libation from our nationally recognized cocktail menu. Restaurant Eugene has been a winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2005. Chef Hopkins is a 2012 Best Chef Southeast James Beard Award winner, was named a Food & Wine Magazine Best New Chefs All Star in 2013 and is the most recent addition to Delta's culinary team.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Restaurant Eugene - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Restaurant Eugene reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (111)fit for foodies (102)romantic (85)notable wine list (70)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (8)hot spot (6)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Eclectic DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Chef tasting menu is the only way to go. The wine pairings was just perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014We had a lovely dinner and they had fabulous vegetarian options Would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Food can not be beat in AtlantaScottie2Dined on 8/22/2014Entree's were from the a la carte side of the menu and included rabbit, a grouper & two snapper as well as salads. Each and every food item was presented very creatively and tasted outstanding.The pace of the food items was timely, precise, and elegant. The service, specifically the drink items was atrocious. Initially we had the water, then the menus but no pre-dinner drink order was taken. After flagging down and having our order taken we waited 15 minutes, then had to inquire again. This also happened for the drink refills. After an extremely long wait we again had to search out and find someone to track our order. Truly a service experience that prevented us from strongly recommending the restaurant.Special Features:
- EugeneTryNewFoodDined on 8/22/2014Beautiful restaurant and great service grouper was delicious but rabbit too saltySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryVIPDined on 8/16/2014As expected, the food was fantastic; best duck I've ever had. And the service was perfect, attentive but not smothering.Special Features:
- Eugene'sIntowndinerDined on 8/16/2014The food at Eugene's is far superior to both the Optimist or St. Celicia where we had dined in the last few weeks. The only downside for us is having to leave Intown/ downtown for a Buckhead location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/16/2014More than lived up to very high expectations. Classy without any pretense, from start to finish. Staff professionalism blended with enthusiasm in the perfect balance. Wonderful special occasion destination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the CityLarooVIPDined on 8/15/2014We've had wonderful meals during the past year at most of the restaurants regarded as Atlanta's best. Right now, Restaurant Eugene is at the top of the list. The food is creative and perfectly prepared, from the amuse bouche to breads, appetizers to desserts. Excellent wine list and one of the best selections of spirits in the city, with a creative sommelier and bartenders. As good as the food and beverages are, however, what really sets Restaurant Eugene apart is the terrific service. The wait staff is at your table at precisely the right moments, without being intrusive, and the pace of the meal was perfect. Just a wonderful and interesting culinary experience -- we can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RE Defines PretentiousJohnVIPDined on 8/15/2014Look up pretentious in the dictionary and you see "attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed." That is exactly what we thought of RE after eating there. I have never paid this much for a meal and received so little quality for it. In fact, I dined there only one week ago and I cannot even remember what food I ate except for the awful dessert. We ordered the Chef's Tasting menu (5 course). There was something with shrimp in it and I remember that because I got a nice crunch of shell in mine. The dessert tasted like sugar pudding, so sweet. It was so bad we took one bite and sent it back. There was some type of "cake" with it too which was dry and tasteless. Friendly staff, but.
- Superb revisitRwg2savorDined on 8/14/2014We had a terrific food experience that reinforced the seasonal and local choices chosen so well. Surprised the place was only half full...wine list needs a champagne under $140 but is well balanced otherwise..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and great foodMG00Dined on 8/14/2014The service was impeccable. We were celebrating my mother's birthday and received happy birthday remarks from everyone that approached our table, including a card from the manager. We did the chefs tasting menu with the wine pairing. It was a great experience. The beginning started out wonderfully, but I do think it ended too sweet. They dragged out the sweetness a bit too much for any of us. Maybe the wine pairing can let up a bit on the sweetness?? Overall great meal and great service.Special Features:
- specialPDM42Dined on 8/13/2014Excellent overall experience. Food was excellent, service attentive and knowledgable yet very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing tasting menufoodsterVIPDined on 8/9/2014Loved everything we had the other evening. Would definitely recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Absolutely perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014This was a world-class dining experience. The flavors were varied and intricate with perfect balance. The ingredients are so fresh I would believe that the fruits and vegetables were picked that day. The staff is incredibly knowledgeable, friendly, fast, and smooth. I would recommend Restaurant Eugene to anyone who really enjoys food.Special Features:
- houstonVIPDined on 8/4/2014If you are interested in a fabulous dinner, one where local foods are beautifully and imaginatively prepared, this is your place. We are serious "foodies" and this was one of the very best restaurant meals in memory.Special Features:
- panintimeVIPDined on 8/3/2014Excellent in every way. A wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- A Milestone MealMoreDined on 7/31/2014It had been too long since we ventured from the 'burbs down to Restaurant Eugene. To say it's worth the drive is an understatement. So, celebrating a milestone anniversary, we expected no different. Great restaurants, like any great brand, understand exactly what their brand experience entails and this restaurant gets these details. Everyone who served us, from the reservationist to service manager, waiters, sommeliers and bartender all seemed genuinely congratulatory. We were treated to a glass of bubbly to start the meal and the chef rewarded us, beyond the exquisite tasting menu, with several surprises between courses – all expertly paired with wine. A fabulous meal, a memorable evening and a huge "thank you" to the Hopkins and staff.Special Features:
- The best meal I've ever had.wannaBfoodieDined on 7/30/2014The staff was attentive and a well oiled machine. The attention to detail puts them over the top on service. I did the chefs 5-course tasting menu, which in addition to the 5 courses came with 3 amuse-bouche, a pre-appetizer, 3 bread courses ( the brioche is amazing), a mid meal blood orange sorbet palette cleanser, a pre-desert, and a post desert "thank you" sampler from the pastry chef. I didn't do the wine pairing, but the sommelier, Nate, selected two glasses of nice wines to nicely accompany the meal; a Chenin blanc for the first half and a Syrah for the 2nd half. They were both lovely wines, he selected the perfect ones to work with multiple dishes.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in AtlantaPacemomDined on 7/29/2014Amazing menu, impeccable service, inventive and tasty food!!Special Features:
- Twice as good at half the priceBobDougDined on 7/27/2014The service was outstanding; they knew it was our anniversary and there were some nice added touches: a couple glasses of very good champagne, and extra desert. The food (we chose the 5 course Chef Tasting) was delicious and creative but the prices were, for me, shocking. We've eaten at many very fine restaurants over the decades together and this was, by far, the most expensive, but perhaps not the very finest. I admit to being a bit of a cheapskate, compared to some, and after it was over, I have to say, I would have enjoyed it twice as much at half the price, and it still would have been as expensive as any we've had.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningTheaterGoerDined on 7/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Restaurant Eugene - the service was exceptional (thank you Todd). We all had the chef's tasting menu with a few additions. Our companions said the sweetbreads were the best they had ever had. Others especially enjoyed the trout appetizer. Two disappointments, the men in our group were disappointed by the main course portion size; one said without the extras, he would have left hungry. Another said the filet was a little tough. Overall it was a great meal, and we would definitely return.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in AtlantaJimmcgeeDined on 7/26/2014I have lived in Atlanta for a while now and eaten at most of the fine dining establishments in town. There are some really great restaurants in Atlanta but without a doubt Restaurant Eugene is head and shoulders above the rest. I would highly recommend the prix fix chefs meal as you will be delighted in the creative genius that goes in to your dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining ExperiencefoodforthoughtDined on 7/25/2014The food never disappoints, the service is always attentive and the whole experience definitely worth the cost. In particular the tasting menu takes you through a visual and culinary journey not to be missed.Special Features:
- Lived up to the reviews!kdthevpVIPDined on 7/25/2014Excellent choice to celebrate a romantic evening prior to the ASO! Service was impeccable from the moment we set foot in the establishment. The food courses in the chef's tasting menu were eclectic and thoughtful, provocative of the chef's creative imaginings. The meal was excellent and very memorable, even though some courses were more adventurous than I'd normally go for. THe desserts were the perfect complement to the meal and a fitting ending! I look forward to another opportunity to enjoy Restaurant Eugene and it's excellent cuisine and service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014Should be in the michelin guide. Great restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time a charmCharmedVIPDined on 7/18/2014Over the past five years we had dined at Restaurant Eugene twice and were NOT impressed (due to long waits - even with reservations - and bad service). However our friends all had great experiences. We decided to give it one more try and were very, very impressed. Our server (a young man in pre-med) was fantastic and made the evening work well for us.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerDgbecker17Dined on 7/17/2014I took my girlfriend to Restaurant Eugene for our three year anniversary. The entire staff from hosts, bartenders, servers, kitchen, and management have set a new standard for the fine dining experience. They were not only attentive and knowledgable, but also warm and personable. They took note of the fact we chose them for our special occasion and took every effort to make our night memorable. The staff really know their craft and have a passion of immersing you in the dining experience from start to finish. Whether you choose á la carte or the tasting menu, be ready for a delicious experience full of unique dishes prepared with the finest techniques.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of only a few fine dining ATLnutritiondocVIPDined on 7/13/2014I have been to R Eugene several times over the years. Perhaps that makes one more critical or expectations higher. My last visit prior was over a year before. I usually go for the full tasting with full wine pairings. This recent visit was "nice" but overall was left feeling that it was not worth the price. I am not diminishing the place since your other ATL tasting option is the "way over salted" Bacchanalia. This recent we had only one exceptional dish (trout app) that far surpassed any "nice" others. The wine pairings while matching the dishes in theory were not conducive to the typical artful build that a place like le bernardin or Daniel would do. It might be better off ordering from the menu unless I got an off night.Special Features:
- Food and Service one of the bestmbsdinerDined on 7/12/2014Spent our anniversary at Eugene and the night could not have been better. Food was excellent and service was outstanding. Special recognition to our Captain for the evening, Todd Hayes. His presentation was second to none. Made the night one to remember.Special Features:
- FoodloverFoodloverDined on 7/12/2014Saw the review on CBS and said we had to try when in Atlanta. What a treat. Exceptionally creative food and plating. Everyone could not have been more welcoming. Exceeded our expectations which are always very high. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply AwesomeGGATLDined on 7/12/2014Went for a date night. Great "farm to table" selections. Some of the best grouper and snapper dishes we've ever had. Outstanding service. Bartenders were awesome; great cocktails made with serious care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Overall Experienceweels1Dined on 7/12/2014Went to Restaurant Eugene with high expectations for the food and for the service before a theater event. Wow! That is all I have to say. Knowledgeable staff, great food, expertly served and without delays. Well done!Special Features:
- Not Bad...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014Eugene has a big rep so we were very interested in trying it. While I can say I was glad that we did I personally did not find it over-the-top. The food was beautiful looking without question. However, I found everything overly salted. Significantly so in fact. While the staff was kind, knowledgeable and gracious, unlike the food, they were over-the-top. They had that 'hovering' quality that made our dinner party of two feel like a dinner party of six. So while I do appreciate attentive service (and it certainly beats the 'vanishing' waiter routine) I think, overall, it needs to be toned back a bit.
- One of the best in AtlantaWehapaDined on 7/11/2014Food outstanding, presentation was pleasing, service was second to none. Would go back without question.Special Features:
- Fantastic Anniversary MealRunninglady14VIPDined on 7/9/2014Once again another lovely evening! The food was spectacular and the service outstanding. We always enjoy this special night out at Restaurant Eugene.Special Features:
- Always a PleasureFoodieVIPDined on 7/7/2014We celebrated our anniversary and my birthday. This is a special dinning experience.The small restaurant with dimmed lights, and impeccable food and service is truly unique. There is not a big menu and choices are limited. But it always good. You can also go all vegetables. Wine selection is great. While you will pay more to eat here, the expeience alone is worth the price. This a very romantice place and you do not want to be in a rush as your dinner will be stretched out for you to enjoy the evening. We arrived at 7:15PM and left at 10:00PM. Reservations suggested. (Watch them iron the table cloths when they changeout a table). We eat here 3-4 times a year when visiting Atlanta and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ding DarlingDingDarlingDined on 7/2/2014I have been to this restaurant several times, and I intend to return more often. I had the vegetable plate, which is an excellent example of food from local farms expertly prepared and served. I especially liked the greens and succotash. The person I dined with thought the grouper with cabbage was excellent. The service was very helpful. This is really an exceptional restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service in AtlantaDannywangVIPDined on 6/30/2014Have been to many good restaurants in the US, include some are 3 michelin stars. The service in Restaurant Eugene is same level as those restaurants. Even though food was not the best I have ever had but still one of the top three in Atlanta in my opinion. Every courses was presented beautifully. Seasoning is on the lighter side, had to put a little bit of fleur del sel for some dishes to my taste. We got free champagne to start because we were celebrating 7th year anniversary, we even got a card plus a small cake at the end. All the little touch made us so satisfying. Highly recommend for celebrating special occasions. Thanks our server Clark for wonderful service and gave us the menu with all kitchen staffs' signatures. Very cool gift!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining experienceeddieDined on 6/28/2014There is no better way to describe our meal other than it was an dining experience and a fantastic one! The attention to detail by our many servers was over the top, our food(chef selection) was over the top! My wife and her friend are still talking about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryGreatDined on 6/28/2014Everything we had was exquisite the desert absolutely delicious unusual but very good and the drinks were delicious. The only thing that we would suggest on the vegetable plate the greens were a little salty. Otherwise highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.