2277 Peachtree Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restauranteugene.com/
- Phone: (404) 355-0321
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Linton Hopkins
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Wine
- Special Events: Please inquire at (404)355-0321.
A word from Restaurant Eugene
Each evening, award-winning Chef Linton Hopkins and wife Gina welcome diners to savor an ever-changing menu that highlights Georgia's purest, locally grown produce and naturally raised meats. The inspired, New American cuisine is lovingly prepared with a southern accent and served with gracious hospitality. Each detail--from the hearth-baked bread to the pickled peaches to the Charcuterie - is made in-house. Indulge in a bottle from the meticulously selected wine list, or join us at the bar for a hand-crafted libation from our nationally recognized cocktail menu. Restaurant Eugene has been a winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2005. Chef Hopkins is a 2012 Best Chef Southeast James Beard Award winner, was named a Food & Wine Magazine Best New Chefs All Star in 2013 and is the most recent addition to Delta's culinary team.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Restaurant Eugene - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Restaurant Eugene reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (123)fit for foodies (119)romantic (91)notable wine list (67)neighborhood gem (26)hot spot (10)good for groups (7)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OverpricedYummyVIPDined on 11/15/2014The tasting menu is the one to order. Whether the vegetable or regular tasting they are all wonderful. The plates are about 3 bites so don't think it will be too much food. Some tastes were wonderful and creative flavor, while others were just o.k. Be careful to note that each supplemental dish will cost $25 jacking the bill up very fast. For the price you pay for this dinner we thought it should have been exceptional. It wasn't.Special Features:
- Good food, just not much of it.TonyDined on 11/11/2014We chose the chefs tasting. The food was good, but it was only a taste. If you are looking for a 3+ hour tasting experience, you will love this. After we left we went back to the hotel bar and had a snack.Special Features:
- LesleyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/8/2014Superb dining experience...the chef added many small delicacies to our main course. Everyone of our waiters was so attentive and engaging. Highly recommend for a special evening!Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationElizabethDined on 11/8/2014My mother, aunt and I recently dined at this restaurant and we could not have had a more enjoyable experience. The service is incomparable. Every person we encountered was warm and courteous. Justin our waiter was fantastic, and Brian our sommelier was incredibly knowledgeable. All three of us ordered the tasting menu and we loved every single course - especially the dessert. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to have a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Don't miss this oneannapolisdinerVIPDined on 11/7/2014If you get a reservation you are I for a treat, it starts at the front door with friendly staff. The dining room is quiet and the service is excellent. The food is amazing and every course is better than the one before it. It is when a team gets everything right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way good and way expensivesafpmmDined on 11/7/2014We chose the chef's & vegetable tasting with associated wine parings. It was a special occasion and we wanted to go all out. On balance it was worth it, but I must say it was expensive. I've had a similar chef's tasting three other times in my life, once in Asheville and the other time at the Ritz Carlton. This one compared favorably. We were making memories. My only critique is that the portions, while beautiful, were small. The waiter warned us in advance that 'this is a gourmet restaurant and the servings may be a bit smaller than you are accustomed to.' The staff was the best I've ever experienced. Present when you wanted them, never rushing, and attentive to our dietary restrictions.Special Features:
- Special serviceBmfunDined on 11/4/2014The bartender created a delicious mocktail for us using favors we told her we liked. She came to our table to tell us what it included and be sure we liked it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beef tenderloin but...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/2/2014They had really great beef tenderloin, one of the best I ve had, but otherwise, all their food was just average.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and pairings!LPwhymustiaddcharactersVIPDined on 11/2/2014Absolutely the best meal I've had in Atlanta. Amazing and playful dishes, perfectly executed. All the elements were perfect, right down to the different breads served at different times. Got tasting menus with wine pairings, which were phenomenal. The wine team is to be commended for their excellent work. Standout items were the veal two ways with zucchini and eggplant, and the sweet potato gratin. The cookie dough dessert was also phenomenal. Service was perfect: friendly, attentive, flexible, responsive. An amazing place.Special Features:
- Most amazing experience ever...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I can't say enough about Restaurant Eugene. Such incredible food - we literally never stopped eating the entire time. The chef's tasting menu provided such a diverse and tasty menu, and with all the little "bites" in between each course, we were completely satisfied by the end of the three hours. The pimento cheese macaroons are to die for...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special eventOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Restaurant Eugene was an exceptional dining experience. The staff were uniquely knowledgeable and helpful in responding to questions. As one of us rightly said, 'it's formal without being stiff'. My one complaint is that the cost of the meal rose considerably beyond my expectations. Perhaps I simply wasn't keeping tabs properly, but it was a bit of a shock. Nonetheless the evening was memorable and, for us, set a new standard of dining excellence in Atlanta, better food, ambiance, and considerably better service than we've experienced here before (better than higher-rated restaurants in the city). All in all, this is a spot we will choose again for a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in AtlantasmeyelDined on 11/1/2014Literally the best meal I have eaten in Atlanta. The portions were perfect, the food was delicious, and the service was incredible. Overall, dinner at Restaurant Eugene was a wonderful experience all around. The food was excellent and the price was actually very reasonable for the dining experience and quality of the meal and the impeccable service. While this was definitely an upper class establishment there was nothing pretentious or stuffy about Restaurant Eugene. It was comfortable and classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Tranquil AtmosphereMilliepatDined on 10/30/2014Local grown food from small farmers prepared into very tasteful dishes. Various options from steak, seafood, fish and vegetarian menus. We love the restaurant because we are never rushed through a meal and the food is delicious. My only drawback is that they do not have any gluten free breads, so I could not eat any breads. Greens in my opinion go better with corn breads than rolls. I would love to see them add a fireplace somewhere in the dinning room.Special Features:
- Not recommendedMartinPDined on 10/22/2014The ambiance was great and we got off to a good start with a cocktail in the bar. The food was a disappointment. We have had many tasting menus at many fine restaurants, this just didn't compare. The meat course was particularly poor, and the vegetables were bitter. The cheese was delicious, and served at the perfect temperature. I expected a more complex dessert course, there were not enough elements on the plate.
- Fantastic upscale experiencegdj3VIPDined on 10/17/2014For unknown reasons we had never visited Restaurant Eugene, and now we understand what we've been missing! My wife and I had an excellent experience at this upscale venue, and count it very high on the list of Atlanta fine-dining establishments. Decor and ambiance were upscale and urban, reminding us of modern restaurants in New York and other large cities. Service at all levels was friendly, skilled, and helpful. The skill and knowledge of the servers and sommelier was very impressive, with more aggregate wine knowledge than I've seen in some time. Food freshness, quality, and innovation were excellent, with all courses on the mark. We plan to return frequently to this new favorite!Special Features:
- tasting menuCLeeDined on 10/17/2014We went for an anniversary dinner and we decided to order the tasting menu. In addition to all the courses listed they kept sending amuse bouche tastings out. It was just too much food. Mostly very tasty, but I would never do the tasting menu again. Some of the sauces were extraordinary. Service was impeccable. With one glass of wine each it was about $180 per person with tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressed overall!LogoDined on 10/11/2014Great service and excellent food! This was our first visit and liked everything about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I tend to spend all of our celebratory meals (birthday, anniversary, guest in town.... tuesdays) @ RE. We love it, the food is top notch, the service is attentive and the ambiance ia great. Really worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BEST!! An ABSOLUTE MUSTShelDined on 10/8/2014This was my first visit to Atlanta in about 20 years, and I was very impressed with the cuisine, service, ambiance, and menus at Restaurant Eugene. I am seriously considering traveling back to eat there again. I have placed this beautiful culinary experience right up there as one of my favorites. I highly recommend it to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An event, not a mealFoodieDined on 10/8/2014We like to taste small amounts of lots of things, so we had a total of 10 dishes to try by ordering both tasting menus. Exquisite quality and creativity in everything. We got the wine pairing, which came with a little too much explanation of each wine for our taste, but still nicely done. Amazing attention to detail. The only slip was that we were given a wine list and the sommelier came to consult before we even got the menu, so we didn't know what to eat or which wine to pick. This is not a place for a quick meal. We were there for 2-1/2 hours. This is a place to have a long conversation with someone you love or at least want to get to know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent mealatlfoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2014we decided to order a la carte instead of the tasting menu. the food was delicious and well prepared. the service was great and everyone was attentive.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerStevePDined on 9/26/2014Superb service, generally excellent food, elegant setting. The seasoning was at times timid; otherwise, technique was exemplary, as was the conception of the individual courses.Special Features:
- What Happened ?Beas8065VIPDined on 9/20/2014Service was not up to normal standards , 45 minutes after we ordered our first course finally appeared ! had to ask a couple of times for another glass of bubbly for my wive , not normal , Food was like normal outstanding , but service slipped badly , painful !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDiner19Dined on 9/20/2014Overall the ambiance at Eugene was nice quiet. Small space If you're into tastings then I would recommend this restaurant. Otherwise their menu is limited & in my opinion, overpriced for what you get. $30 for a crab appetizer you get 2 spoonfuls out of was a bit much.Special Features:
- Foodie paradiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014We got the 5 course tasting. Every course was unique and delicious. The service was impeccable. This restaurant lives up to the hype. It is one of the best if not the best restaurant in ATL.Special Features:
- Top dining in AtlantacnalscVIPDined on 9/18/2014Our first night on a four day trip to Atlanta was at Restaurant Eugene. Somehow, we managed to get to the restaurant in spite of the deadlocked traffic in downtown Atlanta. We were warmly greeted, seated immediately, and offered a glass of champagne, which relaxed us instantly. Food and service were superb; the fish dishes in particular (red snapper and grouper) were spectacular. Different types of wonderful bread (made in the restaurant’s kitchen) were served with each course. Wine list has some very interesting selections. Ambiance is elegant and its mercifully quiet. Overall, it was our best dining experience during our stay in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnnyDined on 9/13/2014Went for a special birthday for my wife. The staff was pleasant and attentive from the reservation confirmation call through dessert. The warm vegetable salad and the filet and grouper were outstanding. We appreciated all the little touches between courses. Overall the dining room was comfortable and we had a particularly good both for two in the corner for our special night. Highly recommend Restaurant Eugene for you special night or just a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Ten years in and still greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/12/2014We have been busy since having our first child but decided to get a babysitter and return to Eugene for my wife's birthday. Wonder experience as always. They spoke to her by name, wished her happy birthday and made for a great night. With each course, the accompanying wine was spot on and excellent. Great work and thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding - Highly RecommendedDinningforFunVIPDined on 9/12/2014Came here as we were in the Buckhead area - and the restaurant had nice reviews. I thought it was really excellent. Atmosphere - great Service - strong meal - great main courses. I had the shortrib - Outstanding desert (Chocolate) - great salad - ochra. this was ok but lacked the crunch I was hoping for.Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceJDT45ACPDined on 9/8/2014Super attentive staff, great place for a romantic dinner. I went with a co-worker who is not really a foodie and he loved it. The menu took him out of his comfort zone but he had a great experience. Smaller portions which is not a bad thing, but if you are expecting the typical restaurant chain size portion like my co-worker it's a bit of a shock at first. Especially if the are price conscious. You do not leave hungry! Smallish menu, again not a bad thing, but just be aware if you or your 'date' are accustomed to a giant plastic menu. Great food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!! Will go back!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014We were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary and chose the tasting menu with wine pairings. Our experience surpassed even our very high expectations going in to the evening. The food is outstanding, the service was impeccable, and we could not have enjoyed our evening any more. One note, this is a long dining experience so if you are in any sort of a hurry it would be better to order from the a la carte menu.Special Features:
- Best In AtlantaEugeneVIPDined on 9/6/2014The bill was very expensive but the meal was worth every penny spent. I am usually a little frugal but as long as they give this kind of service and food I guess they can get away with charging thee NYC prices. No wonder they are always booked. We will go back for special occasions.Special Features:
- Best place in town.AlexanderDined on 9/5/2014My wife And I celebrate 16 years of marriage! The best choice!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experiencebdeshetlerVIPDined on 9/5/2014I usually don't write reviews unless I have either a horrific experience or an incredible one. On Friday evening my wife and I had one of the best meals of our lives. I have dined at Charlie Trotter's, Seeger's, fine restaurants in France, New York, San Francisco, New Orleans, etc. and I have to say this restaurant ranks equal or better than those. We chose the 5 course tasting menu and the dishes were fantastic. This will take 2-3 hours so you are in for an experience, not just good food. If you only have an hour or so, the ala carte looked great too. The service was warm and engaging. Alex and Mario made sure everything was perfect. The flavors were so different but so well paired together with the wine that we had an unforgettable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining at it's BestKg07Dined on 8/30/2014The service was impeccable but the most notable part of our dining experience was the food. Each dish was a delight for the palate. Seasonal, local cuisine at it's finest!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing DinnerBastilleVIPDined on 8/30/2014We celebrated my husband birthday last Saturday evening and had an Amazing time. The service is impeccable and the food is delicious. We decide the try the 5 course Chief's choice with Wine parings. My husband choose the vegetarian menu and I choose the other. Stephen was our waiter and he asked if we had any food allergies or food preference so they could tailor the meal to our requests. Nice touch! The food was creative and delicious and the wine was the perfect compliment to each course. We dined for over 2 hours and talk easily in a full restaurant. The dinner was on the expensive side for us but worth every penny. I highly recommend Restaurant Eugene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five stars are not enoughJSF22VIPDined on 8/30/2014We have been lucky enough to dine in some fabulous places around the country and around the world. We are hard pressed to recall a better meal, better service, or better experience than at Restaurant Eugene. Just choose the tasting menu and wine pairings and let them take you away. Every bite and every sip was pure joy. Very expensive and well worth it.Special Features:
- Eclectic DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Chef tasting menu is the only way to go. The wine pairings was just perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptionalluluDined on 8/23/2014From food to service. ..everything was more than one could expect. I loved the feel of the iron fitted table cloths to the fantastic wine and food pairings. It was just the two of us but I counted 5 plus wait staff for each and every one of our needs. The sommelier explained all the wines and drinks. He was so humble and very personable. The manager even gave us some info on the different food items and reccomendations. Everyone was so lovely and well worth the price. I felt like I died and went to foodie heaven with each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014We had a lovely dinner and they had fabulous vegetarian options Would definitely go backSpecial Features: