1131 Nuuanu Ave.
Honolulu, HI 96817Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantepichawaii.com/
- Phone: 8085877877
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH Monday-Friday 11:00am-4:00pm DINNER Monday - Saturday 4:00pm-9:30pm Sunday 4:00pm- 9:00pm BRUNCH Saturday & Sunday 11:00am-3:00pm BEAT THE CLOCK HAPPY HOUR 3:00pm - 6:00pm DAILY Our new Happy Hour features drinks and special menu items, starting at: $3 from 3-4PM, $4 from 4-5PM and $5 from 5-6PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining rooms that seats up to 8 guests or 24 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Chan 8085457877
- Entertainment: Restaurant Epic is not accepting reservations for happy hour 4:30pm-6:30pm. Thank you, the Restaurant Epic.
- Special Events: BREWMASTERS DINNERS FARM TO TABLE EVENTS FIVE BITE FRIDAY WINE EVENT LOCAL CHARITY EVENTS LIQUID THERAPY TASTINGS TASTING ROOM TUESDAY WINEMAKER WEDNESDAY WINEMAKER DINNERS
A word from Restaurant Epic
Restaurant Epic is committed to providing great food with reasonable prices in a chic and trendy atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Restaurant Epic - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Restaurant Epic reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (16)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (13)special occasion (12)great for lunch (10)romantic (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- very impessiveGennyDined on 8/30/2014Did not expect the food to be so good as well as the drinks. The service was excellent. Will be coming back here again, that's for sure.Special Features:
- UniqueSleasVIPDined on 8/29/2014All the small plate items make for sharing and a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient & excellent serviceKikiDined on 8/23/2014We (2 elderly ladies, 1 middle aged) tried this restaurant for the first time before a Hawaii Theater performance. I chose the restaurant based on its location. My mother couldn't walk far, so parking at Mark's garage, having dinner at Epic, then attending the performance was PERFECT. The Open Table reservation service worked very well, too! We are all small eaters but our server was professional, cordial, and helpful nonetheless, and accommodated our request to share everything. We had the beef short rib ravioli (too much beefy gravy - didn't care for it), quesadilla (as some diners noted, the apple is a rather jarring texture & taste), kalua pork spring rolls (very good), and duck salad (very good).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentBunk009VIPDined on 8/9/2014The service was impeccable and our waiter made the evening special. Food was OK, nothing too terrible spectacular but part of me feels like if we had ordered the restaurant's signature items, we would have been much happier. Scallop appetizer very flavorful and my cioppino was fabulous (add the pasta). Not the best meal I've eaten downtown but far from the worst. Will I come back? Probably. Definitely for happy hour as it seems to have awesome deals. AWESOME service from a waiter who's name escapes me (figures).Special Features:
- Just awful!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/5/2014Awful food. Deficient service. Bad experience overall.
- Great placeartistgirlDined on 8/2/2014Food was great. Waiter was attentive. Great food presentation. We're going back with friends and company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great start to First FridayMsCrisDined on 8/1/2014With happy hour specials, this is the first stop before walking and shopping First Fridays. The special $4 cocktails are great (I had the Mojito) and the Brie walnut, honey and apple quesadilla was unbelievable. This will definitely be our "standard" for happy hour in Chinatown.Special Features:
- Epic got it right today!AmbienceDined on 7/18/2014I dined with my boyfriend at Restaurant Epic on a Friday night and had amazing service. My waiter was on top of things and constantly refilled my water and soda. He made sure we had a good experience and we did. I ordered the wagyu beef burger with fries and my boyfriend ordered the lobster pasta. The food came out within 10-15 minutes and our waiter constantly checking up on us. I would definitely recommend the wagyu beef burger to everybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timer hereFood4ThoughtDined on 7/18/2014The waitress was really friendly and helpful. I had the furikake ahi sandwich and my sister had one of the specials of the day which included shrimp, steak, & chicken in one plate. The food tasted okay but the large portions made up for the price. I would probably come back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food all around!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Everything we ordered was very flavorful and fresh. The Spicy ahi roll was fresh and had bite, however the sushi rice wasn't sticking together very well, making it tricky to grasp with chopsticks. The ciopino was gobbled up, and the lamb was succulent and complemented well by the sauce. A hip date spot and will definitely go again in the future.Special Features:
- Restaurant EpicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014My husband and I went here for our Anniversary dinner. The food is amazing. Every time we have been here, the food has always been great. From the Starters to the dessert, everything was great. It was nice as we went at 6pm and even got in on the Happy Hour drinks and Appetizers. The Kalua pork spring rolls were awesome. I had the Rib Eye steak, which was a HUGE serving. I brought half home. Everything was delicious, and the Chocolate/Peanut butter Lava cake was a perfect finish. It made for a great evening!!Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceCarlDined on 5/30/2014We enjoyed ourselves at Epic. Food was fresh, appealing, and tasty. Service was great! Our server, Gino, was very friendly. Nice spot to eat at before going to the Hawaii Theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 158 reviews are from the Restaurant Epic reviews archive.
- SuperbkkmoriDined on 5/17/2014I loved Restaurant Epic, I had a great time with my friends celebrating my birthday and everything was amazing! The service was stellar and the food was impeccable! I highly recommend this restaurant to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short ribs, yum!JulieYVIPDined on 5/16/2014The on-line menu is not current, so we were disappointed that a couple dishes we were interested in are no longer on the menu. However, we were pleasantly surprised they added braised short ribs to the menu. Melt-in-your mouth!!! We also ordered the short-rib ravioli appetizer - delish! Quesadilla with brie, apple, and nuts: good but I didn't care for the texture of raw apple in it. Everything was good, and short ribs were heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurantNuuanuOrgnstDined on 5/11/2014We are so happy that we were able to take in Mother's Day at Epic, not just our favorite neighborhood restaurant, our favorite restaurant PERIOD! The meal started with an arugula salad with creamy tofu so fresh I thought it was yogurt. Next were grilled scallops with a yummy hoisin sauce. We chose the opakapaka for the entree which was very moist. And I absolutely LOVED the blueberry cheesecake dessert--I almost was tempted to lick my plate clean! The service is always impeccable at this restaurant, and because we dine here so frequently, they know us by name. Thank you, Epic, for another great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014Great Food, Great service, will definitely go back to try more items on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2014Was a fantastic spot for my bday- they reserved a little room just for me and my family. The food was ahhhmazing! Ceaear salad, quesdilla, rib eye and much more was more than fantastic. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinneryumyumyummyDined on 5/7/2014I had heard about Restaurant Epic before, but I found it again when I was looking on Yelp for a good place to take a friend for his birthday. Because it's in the middle of Downtown parking can be a little bit of trouble, but we were able to find a street parking a block away. We went on a Wednesday night at 8 so it was pretty empty maybe two other parties there when we arrived. The staff was very attentive and helpful with all the questions we had with their specials. I got the boneless short rib and it was the best choice I made that night! It was so tender I was able to eat it with chopsticks! And only $16. Totally recommend this place to any friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent overallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2014Eclectic menu, nice presentation, great and friendly service (thanks Nicole) and the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was Epic, sorry had to do it...EurophileDined on 4/19/2014The tables are spacious, the noise level is low, but what will blow you away is the quality if the food! We did the escargots and I would highly recommend it -- not chewy texture at all. I also had the rack of lamb, which was done very nicely with a sweet sauce that did not overpower the unique taste of the meat. Also had the pinot noir to accompany the escargots and the lamb. But yo accompany our apple croute, we decided with the moscato... Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's good but...vinnieDined on 4/2/2014The restaurant was mostly empty on a Wed. evening but we were shown to a table adjacent to a noisy party room. It was so noisy I couldn't talk to my guests without shouting but was moved to another quieter table upon request. Wine selections were adequate but uninspired. Prices were moderate though. It seems that this place specializes in small tapas plates which were mostly good and reasonably priced. Dinner menu was O.K. with divergent offerings from steak to a curry to ravioli to quesadilla! I would recommend going early before 6PM to take advantage of the lower happy hour prices and tapas selections and make these your dinner. Save room for desserts which were notable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!StamperDined on 3/29/2014Brought the two senior citizens this time so they can enjoy a great dinner. We were seated in the private room in the corner that seats 6-8 very comfortably. Everything was prepared and served with the utmost care and perfection! We had the Asian duck salad, crab cakes, beef brisket ravioli, apple and brie quesadillas, lamb, surf and turf, miso butterfish and topped it all off with the peanut butter and chocolate cake and apple crumble pie! Need to go back again and try the other menu options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was Good BeforOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/5/2014Overall experience was lacking. Hadn't been to this restaurant in years, but this experience left me lacking. Food was moderate with the menu's looking old and abused with food stains on the. Was disappointed as I like this establishment before
- Food was yummy! We had a coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2014Food was yummy! We had a couple salads and pupu's and shared between the 4 of us! I might go back tonight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little spottommyDined on 3/4/2014Happy hour is from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. and the appetizers there are very affordable and tasty so I highly recommend the place. Excellent service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great DinnerHungreeDined on 2/26/2014We've enjoyed dining at Epic before and this visit was another winner. We had a friend in from Portland, Oregon--a "foodie" city-- but never hesitated taking him here. Our waiter, Geno, was professional and friendly--something we've come to expect at Epic. We feel extremely lucky to live only a couple of blocks from this fine dining establishment and, of course, will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Wait To Go Again! IStamperDined on 2/22/2014Can't Wait To Go Again! I knowI rated this "kid-Friendly" and even though there is no kid menu, my 8 year old loved everything we ordered. I had a mixed dining group from senior citizen, 20 year old and 8 year old. Everything we ate was very well presented and great tasting. We started with the strawberry arugula salad, escargot poppers, spicy ahi sushi, then rack of lamb and surf and turf, ending with the peanut butter chocolate dessert. I have been to Epic for lunch but OMG, this is definitely on my fave list for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diverse menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014The menu makes you wonder what about the style of place this is. Lamb, sushi, fish, burgers, beef brisket. It's confusing - like the name of the restaurant. But the lamb was really tasty. Crusted rack of lamb (3 ribs) served on herbed mashed potato with a raspberry reduction sauce and gravy. Yummy! Chioppino was ok. It was sweet. I like my broth savory. I like Italian food and will go to an Italian restaurant the next time I want Chioppino. The menu is like of like food roulette. Spin it around and put your finger down on the menu. Pick whatever is closest to your finger. You won't know what to expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeSummerDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I went to Restaurant Epic for Valentine's Day, it was our first visit. We had great service. For the occasion they had a fixed menu which was prepared excellently. We definitely want to go back and try other things on their menu. Also, if you get the chance to enjoy an evening here, try the chocolate flavored beer, it leaves a nice, light after taste of chocolate and isn't too sweet like chocolate flavored wines I have tried in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be goodhelohaloDined on 2/14/2014I was excited to go back to this restaurant as I was impressed with the food and the ambiance the first time I went. My Valentine's visit was disappointing. They seem to have prepared an overly cheesy playlist for the occasion (i.e. My Heart Will Go On) that really killed me. The concept for the prix fixe was good but the execution was poor. The appetizers were served in too big a portion. The entrees were sub par. The steak was very charred but cooked medium as specified. The Butterfish served with rice was cooked perfectly but was overpowered by the sweet chili sauce. When you are given only 2 entree options you expect it to be made well; unfortunately they weren't. I would give it another shot but not anytime soon.
- IncredibleSftouristDined on 2/8/2014If you are looking for innovation, visit Epic. The food is very reasonably priced with exceptional quality. The curry risotto, brie apple quesadilla, and Mac cheese and short ribs were some of my favorites. The tastes and combinations were so unexpected, but delicious. We ate family style which allowed my guests to taste quite a variety of flavors. To top off the dinner, I ordered the cobbler which was served warm with ice cream. So good! The servers were very welcoming, friendly, and efficient. The restaurant, when totally packed, still allows a conversation without having to shout. I parked in the underground parking lot. Very easy and convenient. Epic is a gem in Honolulu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epic?BigJRDined on 2/8/2014Limited menu, fairly simple. Service impeccable. Food okay but expensive, portions small. Older crowd. Nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- OutstandingAlanaDined on 1/24/2014My son and I had dinner at Restaurant Epic. The service was FIRST CLASS...Jeno was our waiter. He was Awesome!! The food....oh my goodness...everything we ordered was amazing. We ordered the chicken curry potstickers and the apple brie quesadilla for our appetiziers. For our entree's, the Thats a heck of a lotta bacon burger and the braised short rib ravioli. Both were quite tasty and portion perfect. Dessert, yes we HAD to!!! We enjoyed the Chocolate chip cookies with Bacon which sat over a scoop of vanilla ice cream and sprinkled with bacon bits. WE WILL RETURN and I highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/7/2014This place has amazing food! Everuthing I had was absolutely tasty. I am going to recommend Restaurant Epic to everyone I know traveling to Honolulu. I give them a 5 out of 5!! Simply THE BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always InventivefoodaddictDined on 12/28/2013Great casual evening spot, full bar service, nice wine list. The room is comfortable and the noise level allows for private conversations and hearing the waithelp. The food is great and the menu changes frequently. Good choice of small plates as well as regular entrees. Leave room for some truly lovely desserts……..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went to restaurant epicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2013I went to restaurant epic with a group of five and it was very reasonably priced. This is a good place to go for a nicer dinner without having to pay too much money. It wasn't too crowded, and our waiter was very polite. Parking was a little harder (since it's in Chinatown) and a little expensive, but if you carpool it shouldn't cost more than a few dollars per person. Overall, I'd recommend coming back to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeNuuanuHaleDined on 12/20/2013My friends and I dined here 2 says before the menu changed. Thus, many of the options were already sold out. My Cobb salad came out as a small, mundane house salad. But my friends food looked and tasted amazing. Particularly the sliders and the escargot poppers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epic ExperienceJordansVIPDined on 12/20/2013Restaurant Epic has a small but good menu with different offerings. The Escargot Poppers and Epic mojitos are a MUST! The mac and cheese is also amazing! The service might be a little slow, it seems as if there are only 2-3 servers for the whole restaurant, but they did mention that they had a 25 pax party that night, so perhaps everybody else was occupied.Special Features:
- Epic restaurantSnipDined on 12/20/2013Overall we had a nice time. It was fairly noisy since the restaurant was full and busy. Service was a bit slow, took about 2 1/2 hours for dinner but wouldn't it consider it fine dining the food was good portions and very tasty. Service was slow though. No coffee was offered with dessert, were finally asked after most of dessert was gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findalikaDined on 12/14/2013This restaurant is a hiden gem and in an excellent location, especially if you are attending a function at the Hawaii Theater. The food is awsome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.