101 N. Grand St.
Monroe, LA 71201Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantcotton.com/
- Phone: (318) 325-0818
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cory Bahr
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have three beautiful off site facilities that are all within walking distance of the restaurant.
- Private Party Facilities: We have five uniquely appointed rooms and a picturesque deck patio overlooking the beautiful Ouachita River.
- Private Party Contact: Mauricio Andrade 3183250818x
- Entertainment: Let the warm skies and beautiful sunsets over the Ouachita River and the soft breezes of the south be your entertainment as you unwind with a "Perfect Spring Fling" cocktail. The sounds of trains and their whistles making their way through downtown Monroe will take you back to an almost forgotten time when things were pure and simple.
- Cross Street: DeSiard Street
- Public Transit: The public trolley system makes frequent stops right near the restaurant. There is also a public transit bus station within walking distance.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is a public parking lot right across the street as well as alternative parking within walking distance.
A word from Restaurant Cotton
Located in the heart of downtown Monroe in one of the oldest buildings in the city, Restaurant Cotton has the atmosphere of a simpler, more honest time. Executive chef, Cory Bahr, prides himself in being an innovator of unique and delicious food that exhibits his Louisiana Delta roots and allows his personality to influence every dish. Accompanied by chef de cuisine, Spencer Serrette, and sous chef, Seth Blankenship, Chef Bahr has mastered the art of creative southern cuisine. With nightly food and drink specials, it is guaranteed that there will be something new to try with every trip to Restaurant Cotton. Chef Bahr shows his appreciation and passion for authentic Louisiana cuisine by always using the freshest and most local ingredients in every dish that he prepares. Restaurant Cotton is proud to be a part of the revitalization of downtown Monroe and we invite you to join us as we support our beautiful city and the seasoned talent of our very own Chef Cory Bahr.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Restaurant Cotton - Best Restaurants in Monroe ›
Restaurant Cotton reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (39)special occasion (37)romantic (29)hot spot (26)neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (20)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (14)scenic view (10)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Jim Whitman - Bossier City MarshalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014The Restaurant Cotton, is so good, that we have driven from Bossier City to eat there three times, and are planning on coming back and bringing my two sons and their families as well. I have tried the shrimp and grits (a little too spicy for me) my wife loved them. The pork schnitzel and the quail. They were excellent!!!! I'm going to try the rabbit and waffle next time. keep up the great work, and when you get ready to open up in Bossier, let us know!! Thanks, Jim Whitman, Bossier City Marshal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience of 2014TommyKDined on 11/12/2014I travel almost 50%, lots of "wine and dine" customers dinners, conferences, meetings, etc. It's mid November (year is almost over) and this was by far the best dining experience of the year. I would absolutely love to stop back in warmer weather and try to get a table on the balcony looking over the river at sunset. That's about the only thing I can think of to make it better. We actually felt like some food critics that were spotted and therefore overwhelmed with personal over the top food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my top 3 restaurants!CarlaFloDined on 11/1/2014Absolutely love Chef Cory Bahr's food! Of course, we started with Cory's famous Muscovy Duck Wraps and everyone loved them. The Camp Fire Style Texas Redfish was delicious! His Delta Shrimp and Grits are always a hit, and the steak was excellent! The service staff at Restaurant Cotton is extraordinary...friendly and efficient!Special Features:
- Good choiceherbiesfanVIPDined on 10/27/2014This is a cool place in downtown Monroe- definitely worth a visit when you're in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We were blown away by the creativity of the food and the warmth and knowledge of the staff. The presentation of the food was beautiful without being an architectural turn off. The layers of flavor were exceptional. We would go out of our way to dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Historic CharmfunroefoodieDined on 10/6/2014Love to treat myself to Chef Corey Bahr's shrimp and grits now and then for lunch. Everything on the menu is great and the rumor that the building was once a brothel in the early 1800's makes for interesting conversation.Special Features:
- Amazing!Dlish504Dined on 10/2/2014Possibly one of the BEST restaurants I've ever been to. My wife and I went for our 4th Wedding Anniversary. So glad we did :) We will be back...but it might be a while. Well worth the price though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique but funDixieBDined on 9/26/2014Cotton is the perfect place for a night out or special occasion. The menu is unique (especially for the location) but everything I tasted was delicious! If you thought you loved fries, you will be amazed at the duck fat fries with an in-house ketchup. The service was exceptional, with very down to earth and sweet staff. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quiet findChiefTDined on 9/22/2014Located in a quiet area of downtown Monroe, the Cotton is a special find! The service was outstanding - not just professional. Our server was very engaging and we enjoyed learning about the items on the menu as well as the history of the building.Special Features:
- Great experienceEdwardDined on 9/19/2014Great food, great service and atmosphere. We've eaten here many times and. Are always pleased with everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so nice!!chintonDined on 9/12/2014Every time we have been here the food is great, and the staff are excellent. The food is great, and is always presented nicely. The chef brought our food out this time, so that was a nice treat. A great romantic date night spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasingly Pleasantspoonful4meDined on 9/11/2014We were looking for a unique place to eat lunch for a birthday celebration. We found the atmosphere great and the service fabulous. Of the three in our party, two were very happy with their food selection. The third enjoyed the pork lion but did not care for sweet potato and pea vegetable sides. The sweet potatoes were unremarkable and the peas were undercooked with little flavor. The duck wrap appetizer was good but not exceptional. The coffee was on the bitter and strong side. Would I try again? Definitely, but at a different time of day.Special Features:
- Just plain greatG8TmealDined on 9/6/2014From the moment you walk, until the time you are finished, you are treated to great dining experience. Food , service, seating are just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantastictwofoodiesDined on 9/6/2014We are always fascinated with the creative genius of Chef Cory Bahr. His food creations always amaze you in both presentation and deliciousness. We highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys fine dining,Special Features:
- Always worth our timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Our son plays football at ULM. My wife found Cotton 2 years ago. Look forward to our evening there each time. If we were in Monroe more than 6 times a year we would eat there more often. It is a great time to exhale and just enjoy each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!CaliforniagirlVIPDined on 9/3/2014One of the most amazing dining experiences I have had in a while. Excellent food and service and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 45th AnniversaryLoveditDined on 8/30/2014It was my wife and I 45th anniversary. We wanted to go somewhere nice with great food. We had eaten lunch there before. I have celiac disease and cannot eat gluten. They were able to accommodate me very nicely and understood my condition. The food was great and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as always!cmcmilleonDined on 8/24/2014Brunch was delicious - our waiter Zac was wonderful and very knowledgeable about Restaurant Cotton in general - our first time for Brunch so it was a real treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Southern Restuarant!Matt213Dined on 8/23/2014The menu and food was exceptional! A little pricey but definitely worth it. Our server was outstanding and we will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great discoveryGianDined on 8/19/2014On a recent visit to Monroe, Louisiana, we were drawn to Cotton by the favorable reviews we read online. Our experience matched the many great ones that preceded us. The dining room, in an old cotton warehouse, has been charmingly and handsomely refurbished. The food was also of the highest standard, imaginative and expertly executed. We discovered later, speaking to a local couple (both of them foodies) that it is their favorite restaurant and they eat there quite frequently. We will return on our next trip.Special Features:
- What a great find!!Wowedx2Dined on 8/15/2014We travel a lot and we saw Cotton on Trip Advisor and stopped in for lunch. Wow what a great surprise; the menu was yummy from app's to dessert! Our server Nathan was exuberant, well versed in explaining dishes and offering his expertise!! He made lunch even better with his wonderful spirit. The potato Andouille salad & bronzed fish was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.ps139Dined on 8/14/2014We were seated timely for our reservation, had excellent, helpful wait service who were knowledgeable of my food allergies and prepared with related answers on menu items, chef visited our table, and meal was exceptional from snacks/shares to entree to dessert. I have had consistently good experiences here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Dessert terrible old dry cupcake thing looking for bread pudding but not.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food in cool locationOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/5/2014Food was amazing. Ambiance great. Restaurant is in an old brothel along the river. Very hip. We tried several dishes...the red fish and summer salad was delicious. Shrimp and grits, pork chop and quail very good. Desserts to die for. The fried peach pie was amazing. Second favorite was the creame burle bread pudding. You will love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & FunKreaVIPDined on 8/1/2014We always visit Cotton when we are in Monroe to see family. We live in SW FL and have great restaurants so we were excited when Cotton opened, giving us a great place to eat when in town. We ended up here 2 out of 4 nights...one night at Chef Cory's other place, Nonna. Our first night, our table enjoyed the venison schnitzel and the rib eye...all delicious. The second night, 2 fish entrees, apps, and the chicken & waffles. I loved the chicken & waffles. They certainly have fun cocktails too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014This is a great restaurant. I have loved each experience that I have had there. Ive been 4 or 5 times and not once did I walk away disappointed. I walked away with a much lighter wallet but your paying for atmosphere, and atmosphere you receive. Its great for date nights. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Anniversary Dinner!DinnerManDined on 7/28/2014We went to Restaurant Cotton for our anniversary & it didn't disappoint. We had Muscovy Duck Wraps as an appetizer. I have a version of this that I do, but admit Cotton's is better. For dinner, my wife had Shrimp and Grits and I had the Venison Schnitzel. According to my wife, the Shrimp and Grits were the best she'd ever had. The grits themselves, which also accompanied my dish, were unlike any either of us had had before...a creamy texture with great flavor. I tried the venison because I am NOT a fan of deer meat. They made a believer out of me. Delicious. The waitress was friendly, attentive but not bothersome. The prices were very reasonable. The only slightly low mark we have for them is the cocktails were on the meager side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, but loud...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We had a super yummy dinner here. We sampled the duck wraps, fried green tomatoes and duck fat fries - all superb. For entrees we ordered the crab and gnocchi; shrimp with Arkansas grits; and the duck entree. Each was amazing in its own rite, although the shrimp won hands down as the favorite at the table. We also tasted the bread pudding and Mississippi mud pie - the mud pie was the best!!! Only thing I wished we'd changed was our seating location. We were right by the front door, which provided a great view of passersby and sunlight, but made for a crowded feel being by the hostess station and blasts of hot air (and the occasional fly). We would dine here again....Special Features:
- The following 251 reviews are from the Restaurant Cotton reviews archive.
- Great experienceEdwardDined on 7/19/2014Great food, service, atmosphere. Always have a great experience at cotton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomedavidverrettDined on 7/19/2014The Service was top notch. Our waiter was very accommodating and he was very attentive to our wants and needs. The food is always the best. And the duck fat fries are to die for. The only glitch was that as they were bringing our food out they dropped one of the meals. But they were very apologetic and were quick to fix the problem, bringing out a fresh order. It was the first time for my 3 guests and they all were blown away by the whole experience. Sure to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the bestjune318Dined on 7/18/2014This was my first time going to cotton. I never had food so so good in my life. If I could I eat there everyday. Everyone read this get the bake potato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingRES3Dined on 7/12/2014Everything down to the service was excellent here!Special Features:
- great atmosphereeat2liveDined on 7/8/2014I have been to this restaurant several times. The menu I sever changing according to the seasons and EVERYTHING is great. Especially the duck wraps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in MonroeOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/7/2014If you can only go to one restaurant in Monroe make it this one. If this restaurant was in New Orleans it would be in the top 10! Staff, Food and Ambiance are the best. Got there early on a Tuesday night, and the place was packed when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Genuine Food Culture!LouisianaHulaGirlDined on 7/5/2014The food was delish, (We had the Pepper Jelly appetizer, then I had the Shrimp and Grits, my husband had the Oyster Poboy... both outstanding) and atmosphere beautiful. Thank you Cory for opening this dining experience in Monroe, LA. Can not wait to return...goal: to try everything on the menu! Waitstaff could have been just a tad more attentive, but extremly knowledable and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/1/2014Best restaurant in Monroe, LA. Never disappoints.Special Features:
- Very Pleasant SurprisegoofermanDined on 6/28/2014I had read the reviews but admit to having been somewhat skeptical. This is a great restaurant with creative and delicious food, excellent service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- If your a foodie, you must try itFoodieFindDined on 6/28/2014What a great find in Monroe! Loved every aspect of it.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceMikeWDined on 6/28/2014Our lunchtime visit was great! Our server, Marcel, was skilled. The food was superb. Simple fare, a pork sandwich with fries for my wife, ribs and potato salad for me. Fresh ingredients, innovative recipes, and expert preparation and presentation made the meal a real treat.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and foodheathnlaurenDined on 6/27/2014The service is exceptional with friendly waiters that are happy to serve you. The food is the best in town... with items on the menu that are not available at most places.Special Features: