24530 Hawthorne Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90505Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantchristine.com/
- Phone: 3103731952
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday from 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Pan-Asian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Christine Brown
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For catering information, please contact Christine at (310) 373-8285 ext. 3
- Private Party Facilities: For parties of 10 or more, please call the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Claudia 3103738285x4
- Special Events: must reserve with a credit card
A word from Restaurant Christine
Nestled in the foothills of Palos Verdes, Restaurant Christine is an intimate bistro resplendent in rich Tuscan hues. The cozy multilevel dining room is complemented by a garden patio leading to the aptly named private dining room “The Room Next Door.” Classically trained at the renowned Culinary Institute of America, Chef Christine Brown has created a unique style by infusing cuisines experienced while traveling throughout Europe with the wonderful flavors of the Pacific Rim. She also hosts cooking classes, wine dinners and operates a full catering department. We look forward to seeing you soon! Check out our website for the full menu http://www.restaurantchristine.com/Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Restaurant Christine - Best Restaurants in Torrance ›
Restaurant Christine reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (13)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (10)romantic (8)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (2)good for groups (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Enjoyed LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2014Food and service were really good. Enjoyed everything with my good friends. It is close by with good parking and everything was clean and well presented. Portions were so large no one could eat it all.Special Features:
- A consistent winnerRegularDinerDined on 10/14/2014Restaurant Christine is a favorite of our family. We always enjoy ourselves. The food is great and varied.Special Features:
- LovelyLizbethDined on 9/20/2014We had another lovely dining experience over the weekend at Christine's. Sat on the patio and enjoyed the lobster salad. It was light, tasty and just what I was looking for…lobster pieces small, but good. My husband enjoyed the pork.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceluckytpDined on 9/11/2014The ambiance and food were great. Service was a little slow, but that was because there was a large group dining. I love the menu.....so many different items to select. I had the grilled pork chop, with enchilada and my girlfriend had a lobster salad, which she loved. We will be back,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Christine's (this year's birthday dinner for me) never ceases to amaze; gets better all the time. The menu is varied and quite creative; doubt one would find a more creative chef on Melrose in LA. Never knew there are so many ways to prepare Ahi! The meal from the free mushroom soup tasting to the watermelon with black currant dressing salad to entrees ranging from trio of Hawaiian seafood to salmon to flank steak with chimichurri sauce was perfect in concept and preparation. Also, the place, from the greeter to the server, really makes the customer feel welcome and special.Special Features:
- even the best ......walterDined on 9/6/2014have an off night. Or a dish at which they do not excel. Such was the short ribs saturday night. The meat was stringy and the sauce was far to sweet. The rmainder of your meal was its usual superior quality. The Ahi 3 ways was outstanding I must say I didn't care for our waiter. He made everything a joke. When I pay this much for the food I feel I am entitled to valid discussion about the flavor and not "Try it , you'll like" when I clearly did not like it. and did not eat 2/3's of the meat I was not asked if something was wrong but was offered a joke about saving it for breakfast. NEVER would I order this dish again let alone want more of it the next day ! I will return because I have always loved this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a PleasureRegularDinerDined on 8/7/2014Eating at Restaurant Christine is always a pleasure. They know how to make a restaurant work. The food is consistently superior. They continually refresh the menu with seasonal selections that encourage a regular to step away from the trusted favorites. The service is timely, professional and friendly. This is a restaurant we continually return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor patio diningcafeloverDined on 8/6/2014although it was 85 outside, the covered and fanned patio felt like 72, perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden away in the South BayRemydogDined on 8/1/2014The South Bay has limited dining options so even the best places would not meet most foodie minimums. Christine's is the clear exception. From the welcome soup sampler through to the desserts, Christine's is excellent and she has been doing it consistently for years.Go for the small plates to get to know the variety of styles/tastes that Christine has up her sleeve. The Sea Scallop Dynamite roll was delicious and the lobster chile relleno is always one of my favorites. Even on busy weekend nights, the servers are timely and very nice but never seem rushed or overwhelmed. When the restaurant is packed, the noise level can get a bit high (try a spot on the patio if you are looking for a little quieter dining).Special Features:
- Creative menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2014As always, the menu is interesting. Even the regular menu is creative and delicious. Staff is very friendly and service is good.Special Features:
- Gets it rightCassy1Dined on 7/15/2014Restaurant Christine, manages to provide attentive service and great food without the snobbery or up tight waiters. The wine list is not too long but with a nice selection. The seafood is particularly good.Special Features:
- Hidden gem in the South BaySoCalGirlDined on 7/15/2014Great little restaurant in Palos Verdes. A wide variety of menu options, good service and a cozy atmosphere. The portions are quite large and they don't skimp on quality.Special Features:
- DisappointingVIPDined on 7/15/2014We ordered a dish that had a lot of dairy products in the sauce. They were very accommodating and created a new sauce for us that was amazing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014They added a little extra table dressing for our 40th anniversary. The salads were much larger than we expected and tasted great. I ordered scallops and they were cooked to perfection....moist and tender. They gave us a complimentary dessert of caramel bread pudding and it was a nice touch and also delicious. It was a very enjoyable evening and we will go again.Special Features:
- Less consistent than in the pastMillvalleymomDined on 7/11/2014Service was slow. After being seated right away our waiter seemed to have too many tables or was easily distracted. Long time before answering questions and taking our order. Food was okay. Temp sort of neutral. Neither cold or hot. Tempura ahi soggy and heavily breaded. My friend's kir royale was warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodLisajaneVIPDined on 7/10/2014Never fails whatever I order is delicious! Service is solid and I will returnSpecial Features:
- Nice for lunch and close to homeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2014We had a nice visit with great service. Enjoyed the quiet time to chat with a friend.Special Features:
- Restaurant ChristineVivSVIPDined on 6/27/2014This restaurant is consistent in what it serves. The food is fabulous always. If there are dietary restrictions, they accommodate people. Everyone is so friendly. Service is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousLaurenPDined on 6/26/2014The warm lobster salad is so amazing for me and my husband loves the bouillabaisse - I'm gluten free too and find them very accommodating. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 480 reviews are from the Restaurant Christine reviews archive.
- always GREATwalterDined on 6/18/2014Have not been here for a few months and delighted to find they have changed their menu. Not that the old items were bad but that I always enjoy seeing what new has been added. This was no exception. The Ahi 3 ways was wonderful And while a little more expensive than the other appetizers well worth the price! Beautiful plate and a perfect start The copper river salmon was percertly cooked. Not a dry bite , and delicious. As always the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendraiserDined on 6/16/2014It's alway a pleasure to bring business associates to Restaurant Christine. I know that the service will be excellent and the menu selections will appeal to everyone. From the white tablecloths to the beautiful food presentation, dining at Christine's is an upscale experience, yet comfortable with its casual-chic decor. I also recommend their catering. They did a superb job handling a work-related event for 100+ people and even created a special menu that complimented the theme of our event. Claudia and staff are top-notch professionals - a joy to work with! It is truly an asset in our community to have such a consistently excellent restaurant to entertain or just enjoy a quiet meal with family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Restaurant Christine"sDanVDined on 6/5/2014Dining at Restaurant Christine"s was delightful. We had been at a function that ran unexpectedly long, so we revised our reservation time twice. The restaurant accommodated us graciously, seating us in the requested area. The service was excellent and unhurried, as was the food.Special Features:
- Great Place to DineAlexDined on 5/30/2014Great food and service. Flavours were spot on and the portions weren't small. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/23/2014Enjoyed a lovely lunch with a wonderful friend. Looking forward to our next lunch together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch partyQBwashereVIPDined on 5/23/2014I knew they decorate the table with streamers for birthdays but when I told her it was a retirement lunch out came the blue & yellow streamers (which matched our gift bag!). Also a complimentary apple cobbler dessert - so sweet (pun intended). Crayfish tower, Asian sampler plates & stir fry - we were stuffed. Glasses of prosecco for all made it a delightful albeit bitter sweet celebration. I know I can always rely on Restaurant Christine to provide the perfect ambience for any occasion. Thanks all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So......disappointedfoodieDined on 5/15/2014My group of four was seated right next to the front door, it was noisy with people walking in and the phone ringing. I ordered the halibut, it was the worst fish I have ever eaten. I may have tried two bits of it. The man at the next table ordered the halibut and returned it. I should of done the same thing but I'm not the type of person to return food. My husband thought his short ribs was ok and that's why I gave the food 2 stars. I was hoping to like this restaurant but I don't think we'll be coming back. Outdoor area looked cute. Service fair
- Birthday LunchKMB57Dined on 5/8/2014Great food selection, a bit expensive but worth it. Streamers on the table were a nice festive touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be great but...QuixoticDined on 5/5/2014I used to love the food here, but they are not as good as they were. They used to be gourmet but now they just don't execute the basics. We had a salmon salad and the salmon was overcooked and dry. Their ice cream was mediocre... sweet but lacking a pronounced vanilla flavor. The hangar steak was tough. In general, they are lacking delicacy to their recipes (based on a limited number of visits to the restaurant).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful experienceChrissiDined on 5/3/2014I have been going to Christine's for many years now for lunch, dinner and special occasions. It is always wonderful and I have never had a bad experience. They have a great wine selection and the food is always top of the line. If you go to Restaurant Christine you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- The menu and food are fantasticMikeDined on 4/26/2014We eat our often. We are after a wide variety of selection and interesting choices. Often we are disappointed. Here, the menu was incredibly diverse and I was looking forward to returning before we even ordered, provided the food quality and presentation were great. We were not disappointed. Each dish was unique and interesting and the preparation was fantastic. They focus on the food, a nice change from the loud and trendy new places where food can be great, but the noise level and snooty staff can make the experience mixed. I look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemluvinglifeDined on 4/23/2014Relaxing atmosphere. The staff is always friendly. Food is always fresh & delicious. Presentation is wonderful. I love to try new things each time I dine and have never been disappointed. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChristinesVivSVIPDined on 4/17/2014This restaurant is marvelous. The food is fabulous. Lunch has neat choices. Best to make reservations to insure getting seated right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2014This is our go to spot when we want to be assured of a great meal. Never an off night.Special Features:
- Shhh. Don't tell anybody.AskBradDined on 3/29/2014If everybody knew how good the food and the service is, I will never be able to get a reservation.Special Features:
- DisappointedDanVDined on 3/28/2014Service somewhat hurried, food quality not impressive, quantity less than generousI would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an amazing mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014I have eaten at Restaurant Christine numerous times and never been disappointed with my meal. Chef Christine daily menu's are all different and very creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a cute little restaurantCpbarkerDined on 3/18/2014This is a cute little restaurant but it seems really expensive for just a little neighborhood spot. The cob salad for lunch was good and the warm lobster salad was nice but expensive. Good thing I went there on expense account, I probably will not return on my own dime.Special Features:
- We recently discovered Christine'sMike58Dined on 3/15/2014We recently discovered Christine's and just shared our find with friends. The pork chop I had on our first visit was wonderful, tasty and juicy. The prosciutto wrapped filet medallions I had our second visit was a bit disappointing. The steak has a sauce that seemed pointless and made me wonder why it was there. The filet was tender, but more medium and not medium rare. My dining partners enjoyed their meals and had no complaints, a seafood combo special and a salmon dish. Our recent visit was on a Saturday night, the restaurant was very full which may explain the following. The service was acceptable, but not inspiring. The waitress seemed distracted and not entirely attentive. The noise level was loud, making conversation difficult.Special Features:
- Restaurant ChristineVivSVIPDined on 3/11/2014This restaurant is absolutely wonderful! I love their thematic lunches each day. No matter what one orders, everything is marvelous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really like the restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/7/2014I really like the restaurant. They were a little busier than usual and the service was slower than usual. Food is always excellent.Special Features: