2507 S MacDill Ave
Tampa, FL 33629Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantbt.com/
- Phone: 8132581916x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Tuesday-Saturday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner Tuesday-Thursday 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Dinner Friday & Saturday 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, French, Vietnamese
- Executive Chef: B.T Nguyen-Batley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Restaurant BT
Located In the charming Palma Ceia neighborhood of Tampa, Restaurant B.T. specializes in a modern style of classic French & Vietnamese cuisines. Chef and proprietor B.T Nguyen-Batley lends her own vision to this unique fare. Drawing from her Vietnamese roots as well as her design background, she places an emphasis on presentation & decor. Sleek white plates arrive at your table adorned with edible flowers and fresh herbs accenting simple yet flavorful dishes to be enjoyed in a Zen-like atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Restaurant BT - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Restaurant BT reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)special occasion (31)neighborhood gem (25)romantic (24)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (9)good for groups (7)hot spot (5)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Five Star Cuisine in Quiet SettingAustinWriterGirlDined on 8/19/2014Second trip was even more amazing. Our first was some time ago when BT was in downtown Tampa. This setting is a quiet neighborhood bistro, no frills. No windows. Just fabulously inventive cuisine and excellent, knowledgeable service. The dinner menu is Vietnamese / French, but I call it Vietnamese / Global with a hint of French flair. This is a foodie paradise and pricey, but worth it for special occasions. We will come again, perhaps next time for lunch. Wish the acrylic seats were more comfortable. My rump prefers a bit of cushion. Interior is a bit bland, but the Zen furnishings are stylish. The food is the star here; perhaps yet another location may provide the absolute perfection that Chef BT Nguyen's talents deserve.Special Features:
- Creative perfection!BornInCubaVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had been hearing about Restaurant BT for years but had never been. After looking at OpenTable for highly-rated places, we chose BT. Are we ever glad we did! Simply put, the presentations were absolutely beautiful. Each plate was artfully prepareed. For appetizers, the hot spring rolls were delectable and fresh. The Pho was the best we've ever had. For entrées, we were wowed by the Shaken Beef, pork tenderloin (moist, flavorful) and diver scallops (exotically delicious). The black rice steamed in coconut milk is a must. No room for dessert, but the selection we were offered had something for everyone. The wait staff was knowledgeable, attentive yet unobtrusive. Kudos go to a truly polished kitchen staff. Your reputation precedes itself.Special Features:
- Unique diningTampaPalms22Dined on 7/26/2014Service attentive, delicious combination of tastes and textures. Presentation is outstanding. Every detail is precise. The croissant bread pudding is the most delicious dessert I've ever eaten!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itrestaurantloveDined on 7/25/2014We have been to BTs many times and always enjoy it so much. The food is outstanding: beautifully presented and always fresh and deliciousSpecial Features:
- AmazingfmrincjojoDined on 7/24/2014We had a wonderful experience and meeting BT was a pleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BT, relocateddrdaveDined on 7/24/2014First time to BT (formerly Restaurant BT). Excellent service at the table. Simple but sleek surroundings, nice weekday evening crowd. The food was very good - had pho and shaken beef. Beef not as "crusty" as I have had in SF's Slanted Door, but was good. Very nice dinner for my wife and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef BT is OUTSTANDING!!!foodloverDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I decided to try a variety of appetizers and asked the Chef to bring several cold and hot plates. It was absolutely divine. Chef personally served each of these plates and paired it with the perfect wines. Food was exceptional and the service impeccable. I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014BT's done it again. From the service to the appetizers and dessert everything was amazing. I loved my snapper dish and everyone at the table loved their meal as well. The chocolate mousse and creme brûlée was perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent finddwb666Dined on 7/5/2014First time in Tampa and with no local knowledge relied on Yelp to pinpoint a highly rated restaurant. Location-wise, not the most exclusive of areas and the building was not exactly an architectural masterpiece but once inside, the ambiance, service and food was excellent. A funky fusion of Vietnamese and French cuisine - a good wine-list and choice of beers (no liquor license). Nice touch with valet parking. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillyDined on 6/20/2014We have been coming to BT's Restaurant for years and it has always been great. She is always there to greet you, the food is superb and the service outstanding. We will continue to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbDoll10Dined on 6/11/2014We loved this restaurant. Excellent service, spectacular food...beautiful setting. Great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uniquely delicious!DeeDayVIPDined on 6/7/2014We always are pleasantly surprised with the various flavors BT combines!Special Features:
- BT's D.L.T.Bec2FinVIPDined on 6/5/2014If only parking weren't such a problem...I'd eat here 7 days a week. Parking on the street was nerve-wracking (signs posted) when the lot shared with an office and a clothes shop was full. I kept popping up to see if a spot was free. The Maitre D' said, "We have valet parking on the weekend..." This visit, I tried the D.L.T. (Duck, lettuce and tomato) on baguette and it was delicious. My friend ordered a delicious salad with grilled shrimp, but no cucumbers. Unfortunately, it came with cukes throughout. When the waiter came around to ask if our lunches pleased, he took back her plate to replace it with a cucumber-free version. Good thing we ordered the soft spring rolls, so that took the edge off my friend's hunger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to ChooseBec2FinVIPDined on 5/29/2014It's hard to choose even two dishes among the offerings at BT. Nothing has disappointed in 4 trips here. Just wish they had enough parking. They look out back in the lot and try to help, but it's always a bit of a hassle. Still the food - both the French and Vietnamese - leaves my mouth excited every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service poorEat2livDined on 5/24/2014The food is good, creative presentations. The service was innatentive, we had to constantly flag down a server for everything. IKEA plastic chairs very uncomfortable. While the food was good, the overall experience was not a good value for the high prices.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!MeBeDined on 5/24/2014It was our first time here and it was a birthday dinner for my hubby. They had a personalized bday menu with his name and date and bday greetings. Appetizer was superb which was the escargot & duck burrito, excellent main course which was shaken beef, Kobe beef, pork, and the seafood. They had excellent customer service which included the master chef BT who would go around every table checking everybody. We will definitely come back. Love the complimentary valet!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014We went to BT specifically to get her special beef tartare dish. My husband ordered the beef stroganoff. The beef was not cooked consistently. Some pieces medium rare, others well done. Over all the dish's flavor was not appealing and did not provide the comfort normally associated with this dish. The lobster bisque was thin and did not have the creamy, sherry flavor we craved. The server came across as snotty. Despite the restaurant being completely empty when we arrived, he tried to hide us behind a wall and then in a corner. We laughed when the next couple came in and rejected the same tables.
- Outstanding overallJKKODined on 5/15/2014BT is one of the top two or three restaurants in Tampa. It is costly, but well worth it for a special ocassion or if money is of no concern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Both WorldsBec2FinVIPDined on 5/11/2014Vietnamese banana tapioca pudding with escargot crepes...the best of Vietnamese and French on our doorstep. I would have chosen literally anything on the menu - it was that enticing. Friendliest service in a long time. BT's daughter was our charming waitress.Special Features:
- Perfect Combo-French and Asian!FridayNiteFoodieDined on 5/9/2014Excellent food prepared with fresh ingredients! Menu is a combination of Classic French with a Vietnamese influence, to element Asian and world cuisine. Where else can you get a delicious bowl of Pho and Coq au Vin, both outstanding, at one meal?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTampaDined on 5/7/2014I am not a big fan of this type of food but my customer recommended it. I had the duck burrito and it was awesome!! I will definitely take additional customers in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!TravelingdinerDined on 5/1/2014Amazing meal and outstanding menu. So many great items to choose from. Can't wait to go back and try more items.Special Features:
- The following 144 reviews are from the Restaurant BT reviews archive.
- Fabulous dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2014We had a fantastic dinner, excellent service and an amazing menu- what a great chef. Well worth a visit!!Special Features:
- Delicious, but chilly atmosphere1HungryBearDined on 4/12/2014The food was absolutely excellent. Our bill for 2 with tip was $175, which is more than we typically spend. BT's biggest opportunity is their restaurant's atmosphere, in my opinion. We were underwhelmed by the plastic chairs and general layout of the dining area. Maybe a small water feature (plug in fountain?) or similar would give the place a more tranquil, warmer feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner For MomBirthdaysaviourDined on 4/12/2014I made a reservation on OpenTable for Restaurant BT as I thought that it would be a great place to make up for the fact that I had forgotten my mother's birthday. I included a comment that we would be celebrating a birthday and requested a candle in a dessert if they did such a thing. I received a follow up call for BT's confirming the reservation and asking me if I would like for them to have a special menu printed for my mother, commemorating her special day. I loved the idea! They also suggested that they would have a special dessert prepared for her, their signature chocolate mousse, and would certainly include a candle. The dinner was spectacular and flawless and the staff could not have been more accommodating. Thank you BT's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2014The food and menu was wonderful. Really some of the best food we had in the Tampa area. We were a little disappointed with the atmosphere. Putting a little additional focus on the outdoor eating area details and interior ambiance would really make this place a go-to for us. Better screening from the main street, removal of cold/industrial uplight fixture under the courtyard canopy, replacing bulbs, leveling the gravel seating would make a huge difference. Nevertheless, all in all a good experience that we would repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Emeril and I call it "special"DrJimDined on 4/5/2014Traveled from Orlando for a Rays game and had recently seen Emeril reviewing this "gem". The food and service were outstanding. The wine list was extensive with many selections that require us to return again.The restaranteur visited our table and made feel quite at home. As we were leaving she thanked us for coming and we both agreed that this visit won't be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 1st nite of vacationAnnejohnDined on 4/4/2014Fantastic experience all around looking forward to our next meal upon return to Tampa ! Need to try many more of the menu choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't DisappointPDogVIPDined on 4/4/2014First time @ BT since the move to MacDill - was worth the wait! Were seated promptly - the only thing is that the tables were so close to each other that we couldn't have a conversation without opening it all up to the couple sitting @ the next table. Oh well, didn't ruin our evening. Here we go - Tuna Thai Chanh and Green Papaya Salad as apps (salad could have had a little more flavor) and Pumpkin Soup and Scallops as entreés. Wonderful! Finished with out-of-this-world Trio of Crème Bruleé (lemongrass, ginger, keffir lime). All in all, a very nice meal; we'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BT does it with a charmShaunTVIPDined on 4/3/2014I discovered Restaurant BT after hearing about it for a long time. I took my date there, we had a great time and the food was absolutely delicious. will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the BEST!RobbieboyVIPDined on 4/1/2014There are so many gems on the menu - creatively designed and superbly executed. Tampa is very fortunate to have this talented chef creating Magic on MacDill.Special Features:
- Overrated as far as I am ConcernedHighExpectationsDined on 3/28/2014Food was very good but pricey considering what it was. Don't mind paying anything if it is worth it. Service was terrible and the noise level in the dining room does NOT make for a relaxing, romantic evening out. When complaining about the service to owner, BT, her response was a blank stare and offered no apology. Will take my business where it is appreciated.
- great for foodie visitorsmaggieDined on 3/25/2014My houseguests have travelled the world, with a focus on food, and declare B.T. the BEST Vietnamese food anywhere!Special Features:
- EXCEPTIONALLucy71VIPDined on 3/20/2014Enjoyed a delicious lunch with my husband. The dishes were flavorful, healthy, simply outstanding. Elegant presentation, pure eye candy . Service was perfect. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the eveningjdinerDined on 3/13/2014Wherever BT goes, she creates an excellent combination of cuisine and pleasant dining. We are very fortunate that her latest venture is close by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in townMichaelSVIPDined on 3/8/2014BT has been offering some of the best food in town for years. He creative cuisone has unbelievable flavors and is always a great evening. Wine list is very good as well. Snapper is a must and Duck Burrito is amazing. Specials are always great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best restaurantsFoodtrixVIPDined on 3/8/2014one of the best restaurants in tampa, innovative french-asian cuisine.Special Features:
- Short and sourAmf63VIPDined on 3/7/2014Simply put this restaurant is at best a one night stand: After experiencing a very Unfriendly attitude by server and owner alike, Tasting the Overpriced overdecorated Uninspiring underserved (small portions with much filler such as rice and edible grasses and weeds) dishes and sitting on Uncomfortable seats made of plastic ( beware narrow armed chairs if you have steatopygia), this culinary stop is not a lasting gustatory or gastronomic memory. If you want a cold shoulder(and I don't mean chops) and barren atmosphere, this is the place for you. I for one will not burden my GPS with this destination.Special Features:
- Experience fell shortJaneloDined on 3/4/2014We attended lunch on a monday. There were only 2 other tables occupied but it took a bit of time to be approached for our drink order. As I have noted with other comments, and agree, the beer/wine is expensive. In fact with 2 appetizers, 4 drinks and 2 entries and tip; our "lunch" was nearly $100. The appetizers were very good - fried spring rolls and the fresh spring rolls with peanut sauce both were very flavorful. I did enjoy BT's recommendation to wrap in lettuce and the fresh herbs. The Coq-a-vin and Beef PHO were just OK--somehow, I was expecting more pizzaz but perhaps it was the wrong choices.Special Features:
- South Tampa gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014I went with my family to this restaurant.We were totally blown away by the ambiance,service and the food.That they were able to accommodate my vegetarian family was a definite plus.Food is pricey but well worth it. Quite a few patrons seem to be frequent guests and knew the owners well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.