3001 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55408Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://restaurantaura.com/
- Phone: 6128210008
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Restaurant Aura
Restaurant Aura is a neighborhood Restaurant and Bar located in Calhoun Square on Hennepin Avenue in Uptown and is open until 2am. We also offer breakfast on weekends starting at 10am. Happy Hour is from 4pm to 12am $3 wines, $3.75 Rail Drinks, All tap beer. $6 Pizzas $5 Appetizers $6 Calzones & Empanadas. Also a full dinner menu.Continued
**Come to Happy Aura where it"s Happy Hour all the time!!**
**Come to Happy Aura where it"s Happy Hour all the time!!**
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Restaurant Aura reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nice place for happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2012Nice place for happy hour but wasn't impressed with the overall food, service, experience.
- I went into the restaurantTidbitDined on 8/11/2012I went into the restaurant while my friends waited outside until I got the table. No one came to greet me. The only person that seemed to be working was the chef. It was hard to determine who was staff & who was a friend at the bar. They were all gathered at the end of bar opposite the kitchen. Many laughs, hugs & kisses among the group but no attention paid to those with a reservation. We did not eat but had to choose a response required by this survey. We did not stay; we went to the end of the block to another eatery where we were warmly greeted by 2 hosts and received immediate seating.
- The food was unique and reallypeleVIPDined on 7/1/2012The food was unique and really good. There was a nice variety even though the menu was not huge. The avacado pasta was great. Salmon was fantastic.Special Features:
- Don't even try itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2012We were not greeted when we arrived, we awkwardly found a table and weren't seen by the waiter/ bartender for 10 minutes. The food was typical bar food which we weren't expecting. Sam Adam's on tap was good. Oh and the music was being played over a iphone so when whoever got a call, the music stopped. Will not be going here again.
- Good for after a movie. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2012Good for after a movie. They need a salad choice or anything fresh. Most food is fried.Special Features:
- Horrid food. It's nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/2/2012Horrid food. It's nothing but overpriced, bar food that has been described differently than what actually shows up on your plate. blech. They have a great writer for their menu, but obviously their chef can't read and only knows how to take things out of a freezer and warm them up.
- Fabulous food- I can't getShellyVIPDined on 5/25/2012Fabulous food- I can't get past the salmon and order it every time I visit Aura which is often.Special Features:
- Awesome Uptown Dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2012Fantastic food, attentive and friendly wait staff, and all-around fun place to dine!Special Features:
- Happy hour specials from 4pmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2012Happy hour specials from 4pm to 2am on most days of the week - excellent!Special Features:
- aura - wouldn't go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012I didn't like the food that much. The wait staff was way too casual (talking about personal things at the bar, inattentive). The music was too loud - it was hard to talk and the place wasn't even that full.
- Incredibly Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/5/2012Aura is a wonderful place to grab some dinner. My husband and I were there last Saturday night and were quite surprised how wonderful the food was! We had the shrimp pasta and the salmon, both dishes were incredibly flavorful. The shrimp pasta was very garlicky, and so good. The salmon had a nice crust on it and was served with steamed broccoli and a side of pasta with capers. The dessert we had was incredible- we had the apple crisp. It was topped with vanilla ice cream. Absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Food was mediocre. The restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/4/2012Food was mediocre. The restaurant was freezing. Our server was intentionally innatentive. We had to flag him down and even then he tried to ignore us. I won't go back.
- Would not go again mostlyRockyVIPDined on 5/4/2012Would not go again mostly because of the atmosphere. I had the gargonzola beef tips and was very disappointed. Dry, tough beef and really no flavor to the dish. Server was quite bland and never checked backed with us on our food.
- Nice enough place. Good value.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2012Nice enough place. Good value. Wouldn't say that it was especially romantic or nice. Its a very small space, nothing special, but great prices with decent good.
- Third or fourth visit to Aura.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/31/2012Third or fourth visit to Aura. Have not been disappointed!Special Features:
- The restaurant is dark andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2012The restaurant is dark and booths are tall, providing a secluded feeling space for a small to medium group of friends. I did not eat any of the food, but the menu looks great.Special Features:
- It was an "ok" experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2012It was an "ok" experience. It's pretty laid back and chill. Cheap happy hour that goes late is a plus.Special Features:
- Food was good, but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/11/2012Food was good, but not great. It wasn't bad, but I didn't see it as great.Special Features:
- Very small place. ProbablyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/29/2012Very small place. Probably better for going for drinks than food, pretty limited selection for food. It's at Calhoun Square, so a great location for
- Just OKEBSANFDined on 2/28/2012The bartender had to be the host/server/bartender, therefore, service was slow. The food was good, but I felt that it was overpriced for the quality and portion size.
- Hidden gem in Uptown!Lees13Dined on 2/27/2012Would definitely go again, They have great happy hour specials!Special Features:
- Surprisingly good foodJrudnitsDined on 2/27/2012When I arrived, never having been here before, I thought I was entering the neighborhood bar. It is truly small, just a single row of booths in the back of the bar. With people squeezing in and out behind us to get to the bar, the ambiance was much more for the younger set. But once the food came, all was forgiven. Three of us shared a single salad which was delicious! The pasta dishes and the salmon were wonderful. And when we ordered dessert, we were amazed by the size of the empanadas (really, guys, you could have told us we could have split an order). Although slightly overdone, still delicious. So, don't go for the ambiance, go for the wonderful food.
- We tried three menu itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2012We tried three menu items and were very impressed with the presentation and wonderful flavors! Great prices! We will go back to Aura!Special Features:
- Confusing atmosphere and poor foodJera0005Dined on 2/25/2012We were a bit confused by this place. They try to portray an upscale look for the dinning, but then also have a bar that has several tv's showing games. The space is so small that it is hard to accomplish both scenes well. The booth that we were in was terrible...it faced the wall and the sides of it were so tall you couldn't even look around...felt trapped. The food wasn't good either, extremely salty (chicken Gorgonzola) and the pizza was soggy. Service was poor as well. We had to ask the girl seating people to find the waiter so we could get our check. I think this place would be good for sitting at the bar and enjoying their generous happy hour drinks and apps.Special Features:
- The beef tips were not good.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/24/2012The beef tips were not good. Tough and tasted somewhat gamey.
- The restaurant/bar is quiteMplsJenDined on 2/24/2012The restaurant/bar is quite small so you are crowded at small tables with limited room for food, drinks, etc. My table was literally right inside from the exterior door so my back was freezing all night from people entering/exiting. Food was good. Service was a little slow but our server was fantastic!
- We were dining with friendsPatVDined on 2/17/2012We were dining with friends and the evening was great. The food was very good and the staff friendly and attentive. We have been here several times and have found it to be a consistently good choice for dinner.Special Features:
- Our server was great. AuraOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/11/2012Our server was great. Aura is a very small restaurant, but it was completely packed and I'm pretty sure he was the only server working. He didn't miss a beat, was patient and very kind. The food was great as always.Special Features:
- We found the food mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2012We found the food mediocre at best. Very dissapointing evening. Would not recommend this to friends and will not return.
- They had salmon and it wasAnneDined on 2/5/2012They had salmon and it was great, along with very flavorful noodles and vegetables. The server was very attentive. My date enjoyed his meal as well.
- Mostly Topless Brtender does shotsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2012the female bartender was showing almost all of her top half observed a waiter, the same half naked bartender and a guest all do a shot together (not cool), people at the bar had had too much and it was only about 9:00, the place is too small to get away from it food was good and our server did a good jobSpecial Features:
- Very limited menu. CrustiniOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2012Very limited menu. Crustini was good, pene pasta with beef and mushrooms was just so,so. Flavor was good but the beef was precooked, was reheated. Pesto pasta with shrimp was not very good. Shrimps were too small and under cooked. Pesto too strong. Tomato soup and garden salad were both good.
- It was our third visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/21/2012It was our third visit and am sorry to say it has gone down hill. We had the Brie and apples which was very nice. Then we had pizza and squash soup, which were not up to par.
- The restaurant was very smallOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 1/21/2012The restaurant was very small and had an odd layout. Service was a bit slow and it appeared that there was only one server for the entire bar/restautant (on a Saturday evening). The poor lone server was also the bartender. The food was so-so at best. Positives included good drink specials, great location and very reasonable prices.
- Really good, really long happyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2012Really good, really long happy hour (4-close). Very affordable for Uptown. Great use of Chevre and Gorgonzola throughout the menu, if you're a cheese buff like me.Special Features:
- Great food and service! StrangeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/14/2012Great food and service! Strange vibe though, tough to explain. Just go see it!Special Features:
- Took my boyfriend there forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/9/2012Took my boyfriend there for his birthday on a Monday night. Small place, on a busy day it might be crowded and noisy, but on a Monday night it was perfect. Its a little too dark, but it was also kind of romantic. The service was great despite having one person acting as bartender/waiter/ busboy/host. We never waited long for anything.I had the house salad and the salmon dish. Incredible food. I would recommend both. The salmon came with some pasta, and vegetables. All three items had very different and interesting (in a very good way!) flavors. Boyfriend had a burger (go figure!) and he must have liked it because it didn't last long. Overall an awesome experience. One complaint from my boyfriend; his drinks were made too weak.Special Features:
- It's a bar with good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/7/2012It is a nice bar, but the dining space is really small. The food and service was decent, I enjoyed myself. Aura seems to be more bar then restaurant.Special Features:
- This is just a small bar withMikeVIPDined on 1/5/2012This is just a small bar with a kithchen that serves mediocre food
- some of the best service we'veOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011some of the best service we've had anywhere in years.Special Features: