Restaurant at Kellogg Ranch
3801 W. Temple Ave, Bldg 79
Pomona, CA 91768Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Restaurant at Kellogg Ranch
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rkr.csupomona.edu/
- Phone: (909) 869-4700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Tuesday- Friday 11:30 am to 1 pm
Typical Entrées are under $15
Dinner Wednesday - Friday 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Pre-Fixe Menu 3 course $35
Lunch - October 22- December 5, 2014
Dinner - October 15- December 5, 2014
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Lunch Chef Ernie Briones/Dinner Chef Scott Rudolph
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Restaurant at Kellogg Ranch does not offer off-site catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Book Your Next Party or Banquet, for up to 30 guests, at The Restaurant of Kellogg Ranch!
- Private Party Contact: RKR Info 9098694700x
- Special Events: The Restaurant at Kellogg Ranch is an ideal location for private dining and special events. The restaurant can accommodate private groups depending on the size and scope of the event, based on availability. Guests are welcome to order from a pre-set banquet menu or work directly with a chef on faculty to design a unique menu for your event. Based on seasonality, menus may feature items from the culinary garden or other Cal Poly Pomona-grown products.
Reservations and a banquet contract are required for all special events.
Ron's Beer Dinner Friday. 11/14 6pm 4 course $50
Dr. Bob's Wine Dinner Wednesday 11/19 6:30pm 4 course &80
Contact BJ Bruin- 909-869-4780 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: Horsehill and South University Drive
- Public Transit: Foothill Transit Buses drop off at Temple Avenue and So. Campus Drive, with about a 10 - 15 minute walk to the restaurant. Go to http://www.foothilltransit.org/GoogleTransit/ to plan your route.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Lunch Parking without permit from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Guests dining for Lunch after 2 p.m. will need a free parking pass. These can be obtained from Lesley Butler. Dinner parking is free.
A word from Restaurant at Kellogg Ranch
Overlooking the beautiful, rolling hills of Diamond Bar, the Restaurant at Kellogg Ranch at Cal Poly Pomona boasts one of the valley's most romantic & chic settings. The Restaurant at Kellogg Ranch is a student-operated restaurant, serving both lunch and dinner. The restaurant is part of the Hospitality Management curriculum at The Collins College of Hospitality Management at Cal Poly Pomona. In the restaurant, students rotate weekly through various positions, including management, in order to learn all aspects of a hospitality operation. Some of the finest professionals in the industry facilitate student learning. The faculty team includes Chef Ernie Briones, Lesley Butler, Barbara Jean Bruin and Chef Scott Rudolph.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Restaurant at Kellogg Ranch reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (17)great for lunch (15)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (8)good for groups (7)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great LunchMagicManDined on 11/12/2014Excellent preparation of food. Great fish and burgers! Well run restaurant by the students and instructor, Leslie Butler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CilbarDined on 11/7/2014Our waiter Kyle was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. The service was excellent as always. The food was fantastic, everyone at the table enjoyed their dishes the Lemon Crusted Sea Bass was delicious. The Horsehill wine "Cuvee" was one of the best tasting red wines I have had in a long time. Keep up the great work your students are simply amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectLochpDined on 11/7/2014This culinary school restaurant is at par (or even better than) with high class commercial restaurants in food quality, presentation and service. The price is reasonable. The setting is beautiful. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great LunchMagicManDined on 11/7/2014Excellent all around experience. Very friendly and efficient front desk person, Marisa P. Service by Chelsea was excellent. Instructor, Leslie ensures all areas of the dining experience run smoothly. We will return, great food and location.Special Features:
- RichDined on 10/31/2014This is probably the best restaurant in the Inland Empire; Great menu with great chefs and interesting foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inspirational DiningdentistMike3Dined on 10/30/2014These "students" really go all out to make a fine dining unique experience. They rotate through kitchen (viewable through large soundproof windows), serving, dishwashing, setup. So the servers know first hand exactly what is going into the menu. They will talk to you about their own career goals as well and appreciate us "old timers" advising them about life in general. Definitely is overpriced, but seeing where your money goes is inspirational and you know it is helping a good cause. The tips don't even go to the servers, but is a donation to the Hospitality Program at Cal Poly Pomona.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchMagicManDined on 10/29/2014The lunch was great. The entire experience from the front desk to leaving was excellent. Everyone was very courteous. The food was very tasty and presented in a very pleading manner. The server, Marisa P. was very pleasant and very efficient. We will definitely be returning to Kellog Restaurant.Special Features:
- Alyssa our server was great.kellogg715711Dined on 10/24/2014The seafood appetizer, 1st of 3 paired dinner course was extremely tasty. The braised beef was out of this world. Pumpkin spice cake was my least favorite of the dessert selection. I am a regular guest at the restaurant.Special Features:
- A student run restaurantEatNowDined on 10/24/2014When a restaurant is run by eager students that are making their best effort to give the best dining experience . It's a " no brainier " that you will get the quality service you would expect from a higher end restaurant . The food is carefully prepped and I mean it's very detailed what they do to each dish that leaves the kitchen . High in service as well as quality of food , it's a definite must try for anyone that dines in restaurants. If you need further proof, the kitchen is open for viewing and you can see how much care they take in making sure you are getting the best quality in food service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Kellog Ranch Cal Poly PomMagicManDined on 10/22/2014Lunch was excellent at the Kellog Ranch Restaurant at Cal Poly Pomona. The students did a great job in all areas, service and food. This restaurant is much cleaner than other restaurants since the students take so much pride in their program. Kristina, and Fernando were very courteous and friendly. Marisa was so friendly, helpful and efficient in working the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first night of the seasonnewbiesDined on 10/16/2014wonderful tasting and delicious to look at food service needs improvement (wine did not come until almost done with first course, bill came before done with dinner)Special Features:
- A Diner's DelightDelightedsDined on 10/16/2014My wife and I had a wonderful time at the Restaurant at Kellogg Ranch. The service was excellent, the food and beverages far above average. The seating was comfortable and our server(s) appeared regularly to assure that all was well with us--which it most certainly was. We had eaten lunch here twice before and this was our first night dining experience. We would unhesitatingly recommend this wonderful restaurant to all. It has a great, easily accessible location and the entrance is exceptionally well designed.Special Features:
- DenadaveDenaDined on 10/16/2014To be fair, we made reservations for the second night after opening. This is a training college restaurant and they do a thorough job. Our waiter was a bit tentative and he didn't know the foods on the menu but was good to go ask the kitchen the answers to my questions. Lovely view in the evening. All the students try very hard to make your evening a good experience.Special Features:
- The following 326 reviews are from the Restaurant at Kellogg Ranch reviews archive.
- Students do a teriffic job!LizP909Dined on 6/4/2014My son attends Cal Poly so I found this gem through the school's website. It only serves while school is in session, but it's worth the wait. The food and the service is lovely. The RKR burger is delicious! We've been here for 'Buffet Week" and the food was delicious and plenty. We've also enjoyed the beer-paired dinner! So much fun! I love that we can enjoy a great meal and support the students and school!Special Features:
- I will come backJaceDined on 6/4/2014Went for lunch during buffet week. The food was good, the service was great, had some good drinks. It was my first time there and overall, I was impressed. Now I have to try dinner sometime, but I have to save up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014My family and I have attended this restaurant for a few years now. The students are very enthusiastic about their work, and it really shows in the final product. The food is superb, and the students and staff are very friendly. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone in the area. It is truly a gem to the campus and the community.Special Features:
- Local GemhappylocalDined on 5/27/2014Whenever we bring someone new here, they are so impressed with the students and the program. It makes it fun, and the food is great, too, as well as the service! My mother-in-law is 87 and really enjoyed the experience. And I found out one of the teenagers that was in our group wants to go to culinary school! She might be a recruit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Student reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014Enjoyed it very much, great food, had the RKR house salad, turkado and chocolate tart, very delicious and nice portion sizesSpecial Features:
- Best food and view in PomonaFudieDeliteDined on 5/16/2014We absolutely enjoyed my dinner at the restaurant. We sat by one of the "view" tables and enjoyed watching the sun set. The food was exquisite, the right temperature. Though after a while it gets a bit too chilly in the dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner: Could be better.RanchDinerDined on 5/16/2014I did a paper review at the restaurant given to me and each of my group at our table. We had dinner on Friday, May 16. Overall the dining experience was very good. There were 4 persons in my group, including myself. One person thought the table service was somewhat slow inbetween each meal course. My food was very good. Only two items I would count as needing improvement. I had the salmon entree. One or two of the small potatoes were somewhat raw, not having been thoroughly cooked. Also, some of the artichoke leaves were somewhat dry and overdone. (I've also had lunch at The Ranch several times in the past--equally good experience).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy for the second timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2014Only my second visit to the Restaurant and it was as wonderful as my first visit. We all enjoyed being able to get a glimpse of the activity in the kitchen. Dr. Bob's ice cream additions to the desserts made them perfect. Even though this season is almost over, everyone at my table vowed to return in the fall.Special Features:
- Needs a New AddressCharlieDined on 5/9/2014I cannot say enough about the lemon chicken and the cheese burger and fries. They were delicious and the service felt like we had our own personal waiter that read our minds when we needed something. Since the lunch was for an 86 year old, I had requested more of a padded chair than the main dining room wooded ones. We were seated in the bar area and those were quite comfortable and yes, there was a view from there as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hilltop Country Dininggr8viewDined on 5/9/2014Beautiful setting atop local San Gabriel Valley hills with a rural farm atmosphere. The restaurant is in contemporary designed building but is comfortable for all age and kinds of croups. Friendly Staff greets you with warm welcome. Once seated the servers will get you started explaining the menu and drink list .The lunch menu has a mixture of choices from vegetarian to thick juicy hamburgers, add a wine or beer for a pleasant midday meal. Its so relaxing you will find it hard to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/8/2014I thought the people serving me that night were very friendly and attentive which I really liked. My server was nice but she did not to speak up more, I felt like she lacked confidence which I do understand. Overall the food was delicious and te service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Professional Dinner EnvironmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Our purpose for dining at Kellogg Ranch was to meet with one of our vendors and discuss business matters. This setting not only demonstrates one of Cal Poly's main features, Collins College, but also provided a nice professional environment to discuss business while enjoying a good meal in a nice quite setting with a great view. Our server Debra was attentive and did a nice job. Thank you.Special Features:
- Impressive operationschinohillsDined on 5/2/2014The place is managed by college students, they are doing a better job than lots of professionals, Food, service just great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Student SuccessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Not only did the students do very well, but as students ourselves, we very much enjoyed it ourselves!Special Features:
- Great Night Out!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/24/2014The students did an outstanding job. All the way from reservations to the delicious desserts. Reservations were easy to make on line. I received a call the day before our night out to confirm the number of people attending. Once there, we were offered snacks and wine while waiting for the rest of our party. We were seated promptly and given plenty of time to look over the menu. The server was fantastic! The food was good and desserts were delicious. Nice view as well. Thank you for a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencePomonaDined on 3/14/2014The food was prepared well and interesting. Great service. We enjoyed the meal and would definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overalldun4Dined on 3/7/2014Delicious food, service to plate took a bit long but reasonable since it was a large group. Servers do need.to know who ordered what, and know which wine to bring: if asked to bring bottle for whole table not to bring a single serving one. Everyone was knowledgeable, and food delicious. thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OddsbabyOddsbyDined on 3/6/2014Everything was great! The food was splendid and a delight to the taste buds. The ambiance accommodates a romantic date for two, a night out with friends, and time with family - it is great. Eleven out of ten, would return the next quarter and spend all my meal points. It is worth it! Keep it up guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience. Fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014Great experience. Fine dining and a fixed price for 3 items. The Osso Bucco and Steak and Vegetarian Lasagne were all delicious as was the soup. The desserts were are very yummy and the setting was lovely with a great view. Service could not have been better. Only complaint is there was no choice of a green salad to begin the meal.Special Features:
- We enoyed the lunching experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/5/2014We enoyed the lunching experience and would return again and again.Special Features:
- Wonderful placeLaurieDined on 3/4/2014The food is good and the student cooks and servers are so niceSpecial Features:
- I had an excellent time. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/25/2014I had an excellent time. The service was very good. The food was delicious. We had the RKR Burger and the mushroom ravioli. We shared the house salad and the torte w/pistachios. All the food had a unique flavor that made it all very tasty. I can't wait to come and try the dinners. The view was very nice during the day, can't wait to see it at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occassion - Special PlacekvyumyumDined on 2/20/2014Excellent food - pricey - but really, worth it. The Prix Fix meal offered several options - for course I, II and III. There was an amazing wine list; however, as I would be the only one enjoying a glass or so, I opted for a single glass of wine. This would be a really nice place for a party. A lovely bottle of wine could be shared...I took my son there to celebrate his birthday - he is a student at Cal Poly Pomona; we both had the same thing, coincidentally. I don't remember the name of the first dish - it was an Italian themed course of study for the students; kind of a caprese salad but with mini bell peppers - and giant capers. (surprise!) - The entrée we chose was Shrimp Scampi with fresh made vege pasta - EXCELLENT. Dessert tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!MayuriDined on 2/18/2014I enjoyed lunch immensely. Everyone was friendly. Dylan, our server was very knowledgeable and friendly. My friends and I were very happy with the service. I drink a lot of water when I eat, so my glass stayed on the empty side, but otherwise everything was great!Special Features:
- Fun, Delicious LunchCATEDined on 2/18/2014Great dining experience. Student run restaurant - it is nice to contribute to their learning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experiencemomof4Dined on 2/18/2014I was so impressed with the students' hospitality, efficient group coordination and interaction, and fast food service. They did a wonderful job and made our dining experience memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/11/2014Great spot to try and give the students a chance to Learn. Good food that is all homemade with great ingredients. It is a classroom so be warned that service is a little different than that of a regular restaurant. They are being graded and a little nervous. But overall it is a fabulous restaurant that I would recommend to anyone.Special Features: