7 West King Street
Malvern, PA 19355Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantalba.com/
- Phone: (610) 644-4009
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Sean Weinberg
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties up to 60 guests can be accomodated. Customized tasting menus are available for wine dinners or special events. Please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Weinberg 6106444009
- Special Events: Please go to our website to sign up on our mailing list to receive newsletters about upcoming events. We do a variety of events such as winemaker dinners, farmer dinners, wine tastings,as well as off-site farm dinners.
- Cross Street: Warren Avenue
- Public Transit: The SEPTA R5 line stops at the Malvern train station directly behind the restaurant. Please check schedule as not all trains stop in Malvern.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available on the street, directly behind the restaurant in the Malvern train station SEPTA lot & within a block in the municipal lot on S. Warren Avenue.
A word from Restaurant Alba
A casually elegant restaurant featuring hand crafted locally grown artisan foods simply prepared & cooked over a wood-burning grill. The seasonal menu is comprised of foods sourced from over a dozen local farms. Recent accolades include top honors in food & service from Zagat Guide 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2011 & "3 Bells - Excellent" from food critic Craig LaBan of the Philadelphia Inquirer. Private parties can be accommodated. In addition, customized tasting menus are available for your wine dinner or special event. Leave time to enjoy a cocktail or craft beer at our bar or perhaps something from our extensive wine list. An additional lighter fare menu is available in our bar area as well. Reservations are only accepted in the dining room, the bar seating is walk-in only.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Restaurant Alba - Best Restaurants in Malvern ›
Restaurant Alba reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (87)neighborhood gem (81)special occasion (63)romantic (48)notable wine list (38)good for groups (19)great for lunch (18)great for outdoor dining (13)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (10)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Surprising!!!not2goodDined on 11/18/2014We had eaten there several times when Alba opened and did not find they were very consistent in their food preparation. But, to our surprise, the meal was delicious. It will be on our list as a favorite restaurant in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretentious but the food is not satisfyingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2014Looks like a nice place. I gave it a few tries. Tried most of the meals. Nothing special. Portions are small, nothing that would worth the high price they ask for it.Special Features:
- Excellent Date Night Spotbpelle13Dined on 11/15/2014We have heard great reviews from our friends about Alba so my boyfriend and I decided to check it out on our own. We arrived 15 min before our reservations but we were seated immediately. While we were stuck next to a loud table we had a cozy spot in the corner. The server was over very quickly with waters and was very knowledgeable about the food items and wine menu. The food arrived fast and was absolutely AMAZING! Our desserts were delicious. Overall the experience was great! We would recommend this to anyone looking for a good date night or even just to head over with a group of friends for a great dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is a GEM!vrinrhDined on 11/6/2014This restaurant is a great find. The food was delicious, especially the Wood Grilled Octopus appetizer, and the service was very good. We will certainly go back.Special Features:
- bozo95Dined on 11/4/2014The menu choices, the preparation, the total experince were first class !!! We will put it at the top of our return list.Special Features:
- Simply the best....BRIMVIPDined on 11/4/2014This restaurant is amazing. The food, service, ambiance, wine, menu is totally spectacular.....Go there for dinner, go for lunch. You will enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alba..... Great Food... 2 hrs OnlyBaconIsImportantDined on 11/1/2014Great restaurant. Great Food. Great Service.... Will definitely eat here again. I high recommend Alba.Great staff. Great Menu selection. Great signature drink. Great ambiance. Great decor and lighting. We sat in the dinning room near the chef's kitchen window. Was warming to watch them cook our meal and see the flicker of the stove flames.... Only knock is the weird confirmation of reservation phone call two days before our dinner date...reminding us that 2 hours was our time limit to be served and eat because they had our table reserved for another party at 8pm. LOL!!Special Features:
- Love Restaurant Alba!FarmerBobDined on 10/31/2014We love Restaurant Alba...being farmers we appreciate Sean's commitment to preparing fresh, locally sourced food. We are always happily elcomed when we walk in the door. The service staff is knowledgeable and respectful.Special Features:
- EnjoyableKenitoDined on 10/31/2014Had not been back to Alba in quite sometime, not sure why, will not let that lapse happen again. Great service, really creative and seasonal choices and flavors. Pumpkin ravioli as an app portion were fabulous. Antipasto was also great, too small, needed another. Pork entree was soooo good, like a beef pot roast but pork - really unique but so flavorful.Special Features:
- Outstanding meal!!sudsrDined on 10/25/2014Finally made it after hearing so many rave reviews from our friends and family. We could have quit after our appetizers, they were simple but outstanding (the bruschetta flights, we got 3 of 5...pancetta and goronzola, mascarpone and honey - amazing, and the herb butter). Our entrees were equally delicious. The Berkshire pork was super tender, and the 14 oz rib eye special was wood fire-grilled perfectly. I'm a wine enthusiast, but Italians are not my favorite or my expertise, but our server did a great job picking a wine that not only fit our budget but our pallet. With about 75% of the wine list being Italian, I was tempted to brave the large corkage fee, but with a little knowledgeable help, we made out fine. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentJillyeatsPhillyVIPDined on 10/22/2014I have been to Alba multiple times and have had a great meal and great service every time. Had the trout recently which was prepared and cooked perfectly. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:
- ReviewMonicaVIPDined on 10/18/2014Food was good, though not spectacular. Had the duck, which was quite rubbery. I suspect it was not done enough and it was microwaved, by the texture. Flavors were good. Server was fine - knowledgeable about the menu, but seemed Disinterested in entertaining any questions from our table. Excellent soup. I would return and try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurantepicure16Dined on 10/15/2014Had a wonderful meal with great wine and excellent service. What a great find in Malvern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local restaurantGoldingGoldensDined on 10/14/2014We'd never been to Alba even though we live in Malvern. We tried it for an anniversary dinner and both liked it. We had good food and good wine. The one shortfall though is that there are few choices for tables for two. We were first shown a tiny one up against a wall almost behind a door. that felt like the kids' table at Thanksgiving...an then a second one which was a small round table in a corner, and almost in the laps of our neighboring diners. There was a large group that evening, so perhaps several of the tables which could have been used for two were swallowed up by the group. We both decided it was worth another visit. The service was very good, and our server was very helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- Superb Care in food and svcCindaSaidVIPDined on 10/14/2014Alba consistently serves excellent farm to table food that delights the tastebuds. The service is genuinely caring and knowledgeable of the food. Enjoy the wine list too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014It was our anniversary and Alba provided us with a special night. We were greeted by our server Frank who guided us to our specially requested table that provided us with privacy and a romantic mood. The wines, primarily Italian, were spectacular. Their list is extensive and the servers quite expert at their attributes and matching to our meals. I had the slow roasted pork with corn pudding and caramelized onions....excellent. My wife had the grilled lamb with feta and kale with pancetta. Overall, her meal was a B. There was far too much pancetta and too little kale. In addition, the feta portion on top of the lamb was overwhelming. However, it was quite delicious. Overall, i very very fine evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at AlbaTonyBonesDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I went there for the second time since moving to the neighborhood, and it did not disappoint. The service was excellent and the food was prompt and delicious. The easy standout was the homemade pasta which was fresh and tender, mixing well with the respective sauces that we got. We'll certainly be back again at some point.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceAlanDined on 10/8/2014Restaurant Alba is small, but cozy. Almost everything on the menu passes through their great wood-fired oven, and their multiple varieties of bruschetta are just one facet of an overall great experience.Special Features:
- AndreaDined on 10/1/2014A friend and I went to Restaurant Alba on 5/1/14. I had the watermelon salad, and the grilled trout with roasted hazelnuts and escarole - it was exceptional! The peach tart was also fabulous! I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Alba Aniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2014Really liked Alba. Went there for 1 year wedding anniversary. Very nice atmosphere, great service and wonderful food. They have a nice bar as well. I cannot believe they have been around for 9 years and I'm just discovering this Malvern Gem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Love this place... Great date nite with the hubby! The hangar steak is always fabulous and the bruschetta with choice of toppings! Yummy!Special Features:
- Excellent for LunchLauraJDined on 9/26/2014I took several coworkers to Alba for a celebration. We had someone join at the last minute and they made it work without a flinch. The service was great (thanks, Frank!) and the food was just as good. It was a little loud in there but once a few tables cleared, it was fine. Highly recommend for a great lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Food and Excellent MealsAusOCNJVIPDined on 9/23/2014Alba fulfilled both of our wants in a restaurant: they use locally-sourced ingredients and they prepare interesting and delicious meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/20/2014Been too many times to count as it my wife's fav place. I'm a tad weary of the menu which doesn't change much around the general theme of fish and beef. But, it is always well prepared and it's a lovely spot for a quiet night out.Special Features:
- Why did we wait so longLetsDoBrunchVIPDined on 9/20/2014Amazing food, fantastic waitress, comfortable ambience, will definetely go back again soonSpecial Features:
- Great as alwaysHungryRichDined on 9/17/2014I have been to Alba at least five times and had a great experience every visit. The food is great and service fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Business LunchbizzeeDined on 9/16/2014Brought prospective clients for lunch and it was a nice, quiet place with great food!Special Features:
- Amazing!mikerocksDined on 9/15/2014My wife and I went on a Monday night on a whim, trying to find a new local restaurant. We tried the 5 course tasting menu and the accompanying wine sampler. I would literally rate this in one of the top 3 meals we've ever eaten. We've been to Le Bec Fin and all of the other high priced restaurants in Philly, and the closest comparison that can be made is to the fine restaurants we've eaten at in Italy. My wife and I had some amazing meals in Anghiari, Venice, Rome and Sorrento, and the food we had at Restaurant Alba brought all of those memories right back. Justin was in the kitchen that night and the meal he put together was incredible and Claudine (our server) was great. I wish I could write a longer review, the experience was that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly enjoyed the decadance ...JB22VIPDined on 9/13/2014Popped in for a first time visit on Saturday, we were the first to arrive and while we were the only ones in the dining room at 5:30, when we left - there wasn't a table to be had. For good reason. The late summer menu was decadent. The heirloom beet salad and fresh burratta were our starters - the char on the wood fired oven fresh toasted bread was amazing. The cheese (burratta), was seasoned with a light hand - with just a hint of fresh olive oil and some sea salt. The entrees - (the PA Fresh Trout and the Short Rib Parpadelle Pasta) were truly decadent and both plates went back clean. Our first visit was terrific and definitely will inspire a return to sample more of the menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Food had wonderful new combinations of food. Great service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodJohnDined on 9/10/2014I am not sure what happened but food was much better before. They changed the way they prepare trout for worst, may be faster now but not as taste.Special Features:
- not a great lunch scenedonnaDined on 9/10/2014service great but 2 dishes off the lunch menu and the menu is small. Rib burgers were tasty but not tender....delicious arugula and beet salad.Special Features:
- really great !WennyDined on 9/6/2014Great menu, food and service. Can't wait to go back. Only down side is a $20 corkage fee - I really don't think they want to be BYOB !Special Features:
- Not greatCactusDined on 9/5/2014Everyone has good days and bad days. I've been to this restaurant on several of their good days. Unfortunately for my wife and I this was not one of those. Not how we hoped to spend a rare "date night."
- PerfectoOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/28/2014Perfect as always and never disappoints! Always feel welcome and appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerSummrbabyVIPDined on 8/22/2014We chose to try Alba for my husband's birthday dinner and we left wondering why we hadn't gone sooner! Our meal started off with amazing service from Frank who walked us through the specials and the menu. We took a few of his suggestions, beginning with the wood grilled octopus and beef short rib flatbread which had just enough heat to balance the delicate flavors of the meat. Our mains were hanger steak which was prepared perfectly and accompanied by an arugula salad and some sort of whipped cheese that just melted like butter over the steak along with the Rabbit agnolotti. The homemade pillows of pasta just melt in your mouth. Their cocktail menu is also worth calling out. Whiskey lovers - Be sure to get a Black Buck! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014I have been to Alba many times now. Each and every time, whether it's my husband and I, a girl's night out, or a work dinner, I have always had a wonderful experience. I'm a bit of a foodie and love the selections the chef puts together and the every changing menu! Also, the wine list is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Encore!FoodiesDined on 8/15/2014We had our recent anniversary dinner at Alba. It was a great return visit, having been there several times, and we can heartiy recommend every item on the regular menu. The specials are worth your attention, too. Never disappointing!Special Features:
- InconsistentFeliniDined on 8/14/2014There were many bright spots, (mini lamb cutlets; out-of-this-world, pillow-soft gnocchi, a chef choice appetizer plate that teased the palate and trout grilled to perfection and wonderfully sauced) but it was a surprise to find the suckling pig roasted to dryness and a rabbit dish that was non-descript. The food overall was very acceptable but my expectations had set a somewhat higher bar. However, we had a most pleasant evening greatly fostered by our wonderful waitress. The wine and overall dinner pricing would be better justified with more uniform quality delivery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, won't be the lastsrslyanicknameVIPDined on 8/14/2014The menu was fine - it takes a bit to wow me as I live in Philadelphia (where there are a lot of creative menus) but the ambience was great, dining room beautiful, and the service was absolutely outstanding! We had two gentlemen attending our table and they did a great job, including recommending a great bottle of wine that would go with everyone's entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.