7 West King Street
Malvern, PA 19355Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantalba.com/
- Phone: 6106444009
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Sean Weinberg
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties up to 60 guests can be accomodated. Customized tasting menus are available for wine dinners or special events. Please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Weinberg 6106444009
- Special Events: Please go to our website to sign up on our mailing list to receive newsletters about upcoming events. We do a variety of events such as winemaker dinners, farmer dinners, wine tastings,as well as off-site farm dinners.
- Cross Street: Warren Avenue
- Public Transit: The SEPTA R5 line stops at the Malvern train station directly behind the restaurant. Please check schedule as not all trains stop in Malvern.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available on the street, directly behind the restaurant in the Malvern train station SEPTA lot & within a block in the municipal lot on S. Warren Avenue.
A word from Restaurant Alba
A casually elegant restaurant featuring hand crafted locally grown artisan foods simply prepared & cooked over a wood-burning grill. The seasonal menu is comprised of foods sourced from over a dozen local farms. Recent accolades include top honors in food & service from Zagat Guide 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2011 & "3 Bells - Excellent" from food critic Craig LaBan of the Philadelphia Inquirer. Private parties can be accommodated. In addition, customized tasting menus are available for your wine dinner or special event. Leave time to enjoy a cocktail or craft beer at our bar or perhaps something from our extensive wine list. An additional lighter fare menu is available in our bar area as well. Reservations are only accepted in the dining room, the bar seating is walk-in only.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Restaurant Alba - Best Restaurants in Malvern ›
Restaurant Alba reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (81)neighborhood gem (79)special occasion (57)romantic (43)notable wine list (31)vibrant bar scene (16)great for lunch (16)hot spot (14)good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerSummrbabyDined on 8/22/2014We chose to try Alba for my husband's birthday dinner and we left wondering why we hadn't gone sooner! Our meal started off with amazing service from Frank who walked us through the specials and the menu. We took a few of his suggestions, beginning with the wood grilled octopus and beef short rib flatbread which had just enough heat to balance the delicate flavors of the meat. Our mains were hanger steak which was prepared perfectly and accompanied by an arugula salad and some sort of whipped cheese that just melted like butter over the steak along with the Rabbit agnolotti. The homemade pillows of pasta just melt in your mouth. Their cocktail menu is also worth calling out. Whiskey lovers - Be sure to get a Black Buck! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014I have been to Alba many times now. Each and every time, whether it's my husband and I, a girl's night out, or a work dinner, I have always had a wonderful experience. I'm a bit of a foodie and love the selections the chef puts together and the every changing menu! Also, the wine list is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Encore!FoodiesDined on 8/15/2014We had our recent anniversary dinner at Alba. It was a great return visit, having been there several times, and we can heartiy recommend every item on the regular menu. The specials are worth your attention, too. Never disappointing!Special Features:
- InconsistentFeliniDined on 8/14/2014There were many bright spots, (mini lamb cutlets; out-of-this-world, pillow-soft gnocchi, a chef choice appetizer plate that teased the palate and trout grilled to perfection and wonderfully sauced) but it was a surprise to find the suckling pig roasted to dryness and a rabbit dish that was non-descript. The food overall was very acceptable but my expectations had set a somewhat higher bar. However, we had a most pleasant evening greatly fostered by our wonderful waitress. The wine and overall dinner pricing would be better justified with more uniform quality delivery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, won't be the lastsrslyanicknameDined on 8/14/2014The menu was fine - it takes a bit to wow me as I live in Philadelphia (where there are a lot of creative menus) but the ambience was great, dining room beautiful, and the service was absolutely outstanding! We had two gentlemen attending our table and they did a great job, including recommending a great bottle of wine that would go with everyone's entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!foodiefamilyDined on 8/11/2014This was my second time here but first time reserving through Open Table. I can't say enough good things about this place. They called to confirm my reservation, then when I had to change the time, they were accommodating and polite. It was my mother's birthday and she can't stop talking about how much she loved the food. I had the lamb and have to say it is probably the best prepared lamb I have ever had. This place is slightly expensive, bit it is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodkenron113VIPDined on 8/9/2014Alba is always excellent. I had the black bass and it was wonderfully prepared and plated. The nice thing about Alba is the food is great and you get enough of it. Had the white chocolate bread pudding with vanilla ice cream for desert - OMG.Special Features:
- Very disappointedLovethefunoffoodVIPDined on 8/2/2014We've eaten hear often and had been a favorite however our experience was quite different this time. One diner had a $40 rib eye that was unevenly cooked and impossible to eat. We should have sent it back but didn't, take responsibility for that. Peach salads included bruised peaches-not appealing, the trout was just so-so and was over flavored by toppings, the dorado was just so-so with little flavor, relish with it didn't compliment, just plain lemon would have been better. Service bordered on being ignored, had to ask the waiter to clear a number of times. Prosciutto appetizer and Sardine appetizers were good.
- lisastarDined on 8/1/2014One of the best meals I have had in years. Great service. A wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeSteveDined on 8/1/2014We came here with a party of four, seated right away. Had the anti pasta special platter for four. Ordered all the bruschetta. Ordered all the pasta! Ordered even more! Everything was superb. Professional through the whole evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite!CoyotefeDined on 8/1/2014I've been to Alba twice in the past week (the first was my first time). Great food and a laid-back atmosphere. What's not to love? Service was attentive and pleasant. My foodie friend approved - which if you knew him you would understand this is praise from Caesar! Great Spaghetti Carbonara!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/31/2014Excellent food, well presented, excellent service, nicely appointed dining room. Was definitely on the noisy side but that may have been mostly due to the party of four at the next table. After they left it was much quieter (but there were also fewer parties in the dining room by that point (8:00 on a Thu). We especially liked the fried green tomatoes, ricotta gnocchi (delicious and feather light, serving is shareable), the wood grilled Pennsylvania trout, the slow roasted Berkshire pork and the sweet corn pudding served with the roast pork. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerSteevoDined on 7/26/2014Wonderful dinner. Went with another couple. Interesting antipasti appetizer with a combination of brisket, smoked salmon, farro, and salami. Interesting that the waiter that brought over the appetizer didn't really even know what type of food farro was. The waitress was very knowledgeable about all of the dishes. We had different entrees - 3 pasta dishes (including lobster ravioli which was a special) and a pork shoulder dish. All were very good. Atmosphere was perfect - not too loud and easy to talk.Special Features:
- Upscale ItalianwindyDined on 7/25/2014Don't miss this place if you want really fine Italian cuisine. However, in typical Italian fashion the tables are crowded together so if you want quiet and be a bit apart from those munching next to you, choose another eatery. Also, don't expect to eat on the cheap; bring money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lacklusterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014Second or third try at Alba...expensive fish entree, yet did not seem bright & fresh and muddled with the accompanying sauce, couldn't pick out distinct flavors....skimpy wine serving for $9 glass....feels a bit like it's trying too hard
- Wonderful flavor and serviceGDivesDined on 7/18/2014Unique and remarkable flavors of food! Friendly, professional and knowledgable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for quiet conversationbarbaraDined on 7/10/2014A lovely restaurant, superb service, quiet was very welcome for conversation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014I highly recommend the Pennsylvania trout; it was incredible! Excellent service, staff was very accommodating and friendly.Special Features:
- stoneyDined on 7/7/2014--because we had heard of the fine 'rep'--but we all were so disappointed. The menu was very fancy food and very pricey. I had one poor tasting pork dish--so bad that I could not eat it...took it home for the dog... and water for $30 --Another had the trout - was good enough. A third had Gnocchi--a small bowl --not great. I was so hungry after being there, I stopped at a local pizza place in Glen Mills and got two slices. So, no! we shall never go back! We asked chicken to be grilled and put onto greens--they said they simply could NOT accommodate . Way too 'chic' and pricey--and the taste isn't worth it. No extra side veggies were served with the main course. Disappointing overall.Special Features:
- Disappointing Visit205foodieVIPDined on 7/3/2014We haven't been to Alba in months; our visit on Thursday evening reminded me why. We arrived on time for our 7:30 reservation. The couple we were meeting, were 15 mns late and the pompous host would not seat us until they arrived. (He seated other tables in front us of before their full party had arrived). Once seated it took 10 mns for a waiter to come and ask for our drink order, and another 10 mns to get the drinks, only to have one of them made incorrectly. And the restaurant was only half full. When we asked questions about the menu, our waiter got annoyed. The wine list is unique, but the pour is ridiculous (small) for the price. The food was good, but we will not return due to the rude host and lackluster waitstaff.Special Features:
- Always delivers!Food4thoughtDined on 6/30/2014Has become my "go to" spot for clients and for friends. Appreciate the BYOB combined with a strong inhouse wine list and beer selection. Corkage fee is more than fair, given the quality of the wine service, glasses, decanting, etc. Especially love the local sourcing of the food and the seasonal menu. None of the menu selections are "ordinary." Seems like a casual place, but the dining definitely is higher end. The staff are professionals, not people between jobs, and it shows in the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the WestJklturnerVIPDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I dined at Alba Saturday evening after being away for too many months. Loved the new patio area. Service was excellent, even with the adjustment for the new space. Dinner was tasty, especially the broccoli and escarole salad and the Spaghetti Carbonara. Hostess took care of our wishes with a warm smile. We will be back again soon and plan to bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful EveningMojaveDined on 6/26/2014There were four of us celebrating a special occasionfor dinner. We all tried something different and each selection was incredibly delicious. The service was incredible. We enjoyed the ambience. The glow of the shared evening and wonderful food lasted for days afterward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey SpecialsOut2DinnerDined on 6/21/2014Unless you want a big surprise when you get the bill, ask about prices on specials before you order. We made the mistake of not asking, and prices were more than double the standard entree price. Yikes! No meal is THAT special! The food is yummy and nicely presented, and we like the ambiance. Brand new waitress did a fine job on what might have been her first weekend night. Also noted was the automatic 20% gratuity added for a party of five (isn't is usually 6 or more?) and one of our party was a small child. Hmmm. Not loving that surprise either. We'll most certainly go back, but will make sure to order off the regular menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemLindyDined on 6/20/2014Excellent food perfectly prepared. Great cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnaccommodatedUnaccommodatedDined on 6/19/2014Were out of Chardonnay wine by the glass and would not replace mash potatoes for vegetable. This was the first time we did not have a stellar meal at this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Italian foodDiane1214Dined on 6/19/2014Alba has the best version of real Italian food around here. Not your usual red sauce Italian. Homemade desserts and espresso round out a memorable meal.Special Features:
- First TimeDaveVIPDined on 6/17/2014We started with the Bruschetta, it was fabulous, followed by our mains and then desert. The food was excellent and we will definitly go there again!Special Features:
- Really goodCarolVIPDined on 6/7/2014One of the few really good restaurants in the suburbs that does everything well - food, service, wine list.Special Features:
- MehattendeeVIPDined on 5/29/2014Good food, alot of the word "No" was heard - No Sauginon Blanc, No Sky vodka, refusal to sing happy birthday to my father with us.
- Excellent restaurantReviewerDined on 5/28/2014We had a happy experience at Alba restaurant. The food is outstanding.Special Features:
- seriously enjoyable food & serviceworldfoodloverDined on 5/23/2014Restaurant Alba seems to take every dish and prepare it like it was their specialty. My friend had the gnocchi and raved about it being the best she had ever had. I had the Veal Saltimbocca it was incredibly tender and delicious. Frank the waiter was very patient and helpful about the wine and all the entries. It opened my eyes to what else is really Italian food.Special Features:
- NancyfeathernDined on 5/23/2014My good friend and I meet for lunch here 4-5 times a year - to catch up with each other's lives. We always order the Warm Salad of Sicilian Tuna, a real favorite! We are never rushed and have a quiet leisurely lunch.Special Features:
- High ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/21/2014I had been to Alba a few times before for drinks and dinner in the bar area and had wonderful experiences. This was my first time having dinner in the dining room and the experience didn't live up to my expectations. The food was wonderful and the people were very friendly. However, the dining room was extremely loud due to a large party. Also, the night we went it was raining and they didn't offer to check our coats and things (which they have done for me in the bar area before), so I sat on a bench seat with all our stuff piled up next to me. Again, the food was wonderful, but for our wedding anniversary dinner I guess I just had a different experience in mind for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2014Had the Berkshire pork and my girlfriend had the hangar steak, along with a few apps and dessert. Everything was absolutely delicious. A little small and a little pricey, but worth it for a nice dinner. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014Entrees were awesome, thank you for a nice evening. Wine pours by the glass could be a little heavier considering the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveSSfriendsDined on 5/14/2014I thought, it was very expensive for the amount of food you got. The wine glasses are filled with a small amount of wine, looks like your getting a tasting. Had dinner with a friend on the weekday and we came out with a $50.00 check each with tip included.Special Features:
- ConsistancyBacchusboyDined on 5/13/2014Any restaurant can have a good or bad night. The thing about Alba is that they are remarkably consistent. The food is always great. Well conceived a and executed. Highly recommend for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently superbGottanicknameDined on 5/13/2014My wife and I have dined at Alba many times. It is a restaurant where you would be pleased with anything you ordered. Exquisite preparation and unexpectedly elegant flavors. For example, when you see "carrot soup", one might hesitate. I've learned that even the seemingly ordinary arrives at the table as something special. What I particularly note is that we have never had an "off" lunch or dinner. The consistency of the kitchen is terrific. Friendly staff and excellent wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always incredibleWalkerDined on 5/10/2014Great food, service, ambiance, wines. Can never go wrong with anything on the menu! Thanks for another great evening.Special Features: