213 N Fruitland Blvd
Fruitland, MD 21826Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurant213.com/
- Phone: (410) 677-4880
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Global, International, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Restaurant 213
The food at Restaurant 213 is far from your conventional Chesapeake Bay fare. A former apprentice of Roger Vergé in southern France, chef Jim Hughes prepares unpretentious, globally influenced cuisine inspired by the area’s plentiful ingredients. Chef Hughes has catered many events for Ronald Reagan, while he was President of the United States. He also served as Chef for the King of Saudi Arabia at the Saudi Arabian Royal National Guard military academy. Chef Hughes has been honored by the James Beard foundation and DiRoNA (Distinguished Restaurants of North America). Restaurant 213 has been voted "Best Gourmet Dining," "Best Special Occasion," restaurant and "Best Chef on the Eastern Shore" by Metropolitan Magazine. Frommer's Travel Guide has Awarded Restaurant 213 its highest Rating of 3 Stars, making it one of only 3 restaurants on the Eastern Shore. Additionally, "Special Finds" awarded this distinction from 2010-2014 in their Maryland & Delaware Travel Guide Edition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Restaurant 213 - Best Restaurants in Salisbury ›
Restaurant 213 reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)fit for foodies (69)romantic (67)notable wine list (63)neighborhood gem (60)good for groups (48)hot spot (27)kid-friendly (23)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- DelightedVIPDined on 11/25/2014We love this restaurant. The food is outstanding and the service excellent. This is a Salisbury gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Dine ForOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Very special place to Dine it is very romantic, the art on the wall, gives you a special feeling, its. . like being in a upscale art gallery. The food and service outstanding, this was a special find while visiting Salisbury,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always look forward to dining here!!YummyTummyDined on 11/14/2014Chef Jim is very talented with an expert detail to pleasing the palette! We take a yearly trip to the Easton area, and plan our arrival and departure to include dining here, at least once. Luckily we got to dine here twice this time! Love love this true gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UP UP AND AWAYOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014This was the best meal of our lives Jim Hughes is on his game. The food is the bomb, The scallops were so fresh, you could taste the sea fresh, outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyTummyDined on 11/11/2014Always enjoy this food find!! Chef Jim has a rare talent, we've eaten here several times and now plan our flights based on dining here!Special Features:
- A Wonderful Way To Celebrate 25yrs.restaurant213loverDined on 11/1/2014My Husband and 2 teenage children went to Restaurant 213 to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. My husband and I met at Salisbury University 30 years ago and thought it would be fun to celebrate there. We received a recommendation for Restaurant 213 from friends who live in Salisbury. From the second we walked in the door we were treated as if we were royalty and the most important people in the world. If you love great food the kind that makes you cry with joy and never want the experience to end, this is the place for you. I have traveled to many places all over the world and have dined at all kinds of gourmet restaurants and I have never tasted food so Devine. It was like the chef/owner cooked with love and kindness and sprit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef and server bestJojoDined on 10/30/2014Made our celebration great.when he described the menu I wanted all .Be prepared to spend some money but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Great food and service, we will be back, The nex time we are in or near Fruitland, we will look for a reason to dine at 213Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Stars is not EnoughOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014the food is great 5stars is not enough for this world class restaurant. You must try it for yourself, EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky FindJBNimbleDined on 10/25/2014Stopover on the way back from OBX vacation to CT. Mostly fast food in the Delmar area. Restaurant 213 was a tremendous surprise. Outstanding fine dining establishment. Definitely plan on returning next year.Special Features:
- Pleasant Experience!thethumbDined on 10/24/2014One little surprise after another. Great food! Our server, Kyle, was extremely personable and spot on with the needs of our table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hats Off To The ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014The restaurant is just Dammmmm. good what can I say, food is outstanding, service as well. Quaint charming attention to detail on ever aspect of the restaurant. 5Stars. A friend told us about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUT2muchVIPDined on 10/22/2014Husband and I came to Maryland for a little R&R. Found this lovely little restaurant, and it wasn't easy to find, but we were sure glad we did. If you are in the area it is a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Down HereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I town for the Wine Event, we were told 213 it the best in town so we had to try it out for ourselves guess what they were right, the food is super great wines as well , the service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mustNapaVIPDined on 10/17/2014What a find. I live in Napa Valley and 213 would be a top restaurant if it were located there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014great menu wonderful features outstanding rock fish the deconstructed caesar salad was to die for Fit for foodies. we had a beautiful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Than EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014restaurant 213 just keeps getting, better each time we visit. The food service is top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014We had a perfect evening , this past week end every thing was perfect, the crab coup was the best I ever had, the veal chop was cooked just right the sauce perfect we can not wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful foodILOVFOODDined on 10/9/2014Great food, wine and service, Nice quit restaurant. with flair, and class. Not what you would expect on the Eastern Shore....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth Every PennyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Great meal, Great Service , wonderful wine list, food was outstanding, our server was very good our suggestions on wine with our dinner, and desserts as well, everything about 213 is worth every pennySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Special EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014This restaurant is small quaint, romantic, the food is special everything on the menu sounds and looks beautiful. We had a very special evening, the food was just perfect the sauces were silky,the veal chop with morel mushroom sauce, outstanding, I could go on and on , but I won't see for yourselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over The TopOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014WE went there for my 80th birthday, well I must say 213 is by far the best of the best . We have dined all over the world this is the best restaurant anywhere. We had the lobster the scallops, the crab soup, all were just perfect we will be back a long drive from DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagicalSalisburyPatronDined on 10/3/2014Chef Jim Hughes has earned accolades upon accolades, and rightfully so. All that aside... the food is magical. The atmosphere is intimate and has wonderful touches; from the hand towels and artwork in the mens restroom to the ever tempting wine rack. Above all we felt comfortable, were treated like guests / friends. We can't wait for our next visit. The parting gift of scones were enjoyed the next morning as a reminder of our wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Food For ThoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Everything was perfect, the lobster dish was super the rockfish cook just right. We had homemade pumpkin ice cream for dessert, to top it off. Great Great GreatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG!OCGRRRLDined on 10/1/2014Love this place. Nothing in the area comes close. From the top notch service, to the presentation, to the scones for you to take home for the next day (or car ride home!) This is an experience you will be talking about for weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little restaurant with big flareadventurousdinerDined on 9/30/2014We were so delighted with the service and the food was spectacular the place is so clean you could eat off of the floor we have looked all over for a place like this the food melted in our mouths I being in the food service business for years give this place a 100% and will be a regular customer from now on. Thank you 213Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heirloom HeavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014I am an heirloom tomato grower, this guy does it fresh and delicious, what a spot to bring your foodie friends. Iowa native had the Kobe and was overwhelmed, delicious and home made starters were do die for... A really cool scone to take home make the perfect finish.... Really good cellarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeavenlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Very nice Restaurant, not far from the beach, serving heavenly food with great service, nice service staff, very neat and clean, we really enjoyed our evening at 213 everything was heavenly.Special Features:
- Worth Waiting ForOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Restaurant 213 is worth waiting for, it was our very special occasion, my birthday everything could not have been better, the food service was perfect, thank you 213.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!IzzadogDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I have dined at Retaruant 213 for 4 years. We have never been disappointed by anything. The Foie Gras is spectacuolar, melts in your mouth. The wine list is excellent. If you enjoy perfectly prepared food you should try Restaruant 213.Special Features:
- WinedigestDined on 9/26/2014Very enjoyable. Food was amazing. Friendly and knowledgeable service. Something for everyone on the menu. Can’t wait to go back.Special Features:
- Fine DineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014We had the best time at 213, we are here for the Bike week end at SU, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent 5 StarsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014t t The food is at its best at 213 the service was great, The scones at the end of the meal to go special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not QuiteRubicon13Dined on 9/19/2014The food was more deserving of better ambiance and better service. We did enjoy the food, well prepared and presented. It was reasonable priced. The wine selections were fine (not spectacular). The ambiance was our biggest critique of the night - the restaurant is a small local establishment on the highway. The table setting was nicely done (white and crisp) the pictures (lots of them) around the perimeter suited the mood. The restaurant did not spend any money on the chairs - each table was the same with 'banquet sytle' metal chairs with a Naugahyde seat - this took away from the ambiance and was a major part of our 1st impression.Special Features:
- Back AgainKarenVDined on 9/13/2014Always a great time at 213, the food is outstanding service great. We are going back the next weekend we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dennis' Birthday DinnerKarenVDined on 9/10/2014Jim Hughes did it again! Service was superb (Kyle!) and the food was scrumptious! Highly recommend the crab cakes, tenderloin, scallops, and salmon! Divine desserts too! KSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014G.reat restaurant great food. had a great time at 213. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderfulmarcVIPDined on 9/9/2014A small, intimate restaurant that evokes an upscale country French bistro but with Southern hospitality. This is the type of place you would expect to find in a major metro area, not in the semi-rural eastern shore of Maryland. The escargot were prepared in the classic French style with lots of butter and garlic - superb. The Chesapeake rock fish topped with lump blue crab and sun dried tomatoes finished with a tarragon buerre blanc sauce was sublime. I will be back.Special Features:
- 5 StarsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014If you are in the area of Salisbury, be sure to dine at restaurant Two Thirteen . The food is is wonderful the service is perfect, everything was outstanding, last night. The crab soup was the best we ever had in any restaurant, the rock fish with jumbo lump crab perfect. Kyle our server did an outstanding job as our server, he had the right touch. Thank You 213.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the DriveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014we drove from Easton, not to bad of a drive, only about 45 min. I must say in Easton we have many wonderful restaurants in Easton 213 in the best or all the rest. The chef has worked all over the world and he shows it in his culinary skills, to many fine dishes to mention so make your next evening at 213, be sure to thy the Kobe Steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.