213 N Fruitland Blvd
Fruitland, MD 21826Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurant213.com/
- Phone: 4106774880x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Global, International, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Restaurant 213
The food at Restaurant 213 is far from your conventional Chesapeake Bay fare. A former apprentice of Roger Vergé in southern France, chef Jim Hughes prepares unpretentious, globally influenced cuisine inspired by the area’s plentiful ingredients. Chef Hughes has catered many events for Ronald Reagan, while he was President of the United States. He also served as Chef for the King of Saudi Arabia at the Saudi Arabian Royal National Guard military academy. Chef Hughes has been honored by the James Beard foundation and DiRoNA (Distinguished Restaurants of North America). Restaurant 213 has been voted "Best Gourmet Dining," "Best Special Occasion," restaurant and "Best Chef on the Eastern Shore" by Metropolitan Magazine. Frommer's Travel Guide has Awarded Restaurant 213 its highest Rating of 3 Stars, making it one of only 3 restaurants on the Eastern Shore. Additionally, "Special Finds" awarded this distinction from 2010-2014 in their Maryland & Delaware Travel Guide Edition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Restaurant 213 - Best Restaurants in Salisbury ›
Restaurant 213 reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)romantic (50)fit for foodies (47)notable wine list (43)neighborhood gem (39)good for groups (23)kid-friendly (19)hot spot (7)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- A Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Great Food, Great service Great Time,Our server Kyle was wonderful, he is very diverse or the menu he knows all about wines and helped us pick out the a wine for each course. The food again perfect.Special Features:
- A five star experianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The food, service, and ambiance is nothing short of top notch. Our food was made to order, and come to find out alot of the ingredients were straight out of their on site garden. There is nothing better than garden fresh. Would i recommend this spot to a friend. The answer would be an enthusiatic yes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Everything about this restaurant is top shelf. Great service. Awesome food. Killer wine list. I would recommend this place to everyone who knows fantastic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant 5 StarsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Great Restaurant, Great Food And Service. We had a wonderful evening in Fruitland, we are spending our week in Ocean Pines, away from the big city, Washington DC. We have just a few restaurants like 213, this Restaurant, is equally as good or better than any there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit For FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014If you like great food, and are not in a hurry you must dine at 213, Everything is done with care the food is outstanding, fit for foodies of all levels,you will not be disapointed at all . we had the lobster it melted in your mouth the sauce as perfect the vegetables were so good, I do not like spinach, can't remember the last time I tried it, but the spinach was so good I asked for seconds.Special Features:
- The First Time Was A CharmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We could not be more pleased with our evening at Restaurant 213, everything was perfect, the food was outstanding service greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Went there last night, the food was outstanding, both Jim and Kyle are great, looking forward to coming back next time we are in town.Special Features:
- With The Very BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014213 is among the very best of the best. The food is Great, the service is top notch, Give it a try, you will agree the it is the best of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ElegantAngie22Dined on 8/14/2014This restaurant was small but very elegant. Each course just melted in your mouth. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Record CatchLobstaLady1Dined on 8/13/2014We had dinner here last night and the experience was awesome! Fabulous waiter, that explained everything on the menu and the specials and recommended what wines went with which meal. Chef Jim Hughes did an outstanding job on the Kobe steak cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014We are here in Salisbury for a meeting with Perdue Farms,we are from New York, and did not expect fine dinning here like we have in the city. Jim Perdue sent us there, we had an outstanding dinner, we will tell all of our partners traveling to the Salisbury area OUT.STANDINGSpecial Features:
- The Best. The Best. The Best.MagnifiqueVIPDined on 8/10/2014Beyond delicious! Chef Jim Hughes' menu is simply wonderful and the best dining experience we have had outside of Manhattan. One dish is better than the other, a most memorable meal - not once, but twice. We can't wait until business brings us back to Salisbury, MD. Our gracious compliments to the Chef!!!Special Features:
- 5 StarsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Excellent food and service, we had a wonderful evening. Everything was perfect.Special Features:
- A Cut AboveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Truly a cut above all the rest outstanding food service, a very special place in the Culinary WorldSpecial Features:
- Underwhelming expected more for $$Foodie101Dined on 8/8/2014There were 2 people working the host and a waitress. There were 3 other patrons so not busy. However, after the host sat us and rambled off the specials in a poor manner he doted on the table next to us the rest of the night and passed us off to the waitress. My husband had ordered a coke from the host who never got it for us and then ordered it again from the waitress and then I had to ask for it a 3rd time. I was quite disappointed in my salad and I had to replace my meal altogether for the main course. I ordered the veal chop and it was tough and chewy and I couldn't make it through the first bite. Once I got my 2nd meal it was good and the dessert was good but the overall evening, I had high hopes for and was quite disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014The food and service are outstanding, the Restaurant has its very own Garden on the North side of the building,growing all its tomatoes squash, herbs, and more. you just can not get fresher than that.We will be back soon.Truly a 5 star restaurant, there is nothing to compare it to on the Eastern Shore or Maryland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Compariable in the AreaOCGRRRLDined on 8/6/2014There is no other restaurant in the area that is putting out food with the quality and presentation that 213 does. The staff is top notch, and when its not too busy, you will even get a personal greeting from Chef Jim Hughes.Special Features:
- Simply The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Simply the Best, Food, Service, were outstanding, Yes 213 is Simply the best.Special Features:
- A Culinary ShrineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014The food is wonderful, the service outstanding, you feel as if you are a in a restaurant in New York City or LA. so when you are in the area you should dine at Restaurant 213, we had a great meal last night, and will be back. We are staying in Ocean Pines which is only about 30 min away, there is nothing to compare it to for miles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit For FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Great Food Great Service,If you love great Food then 213 is the place to go, the food is outstanding, if you are any where within 50 miles it is worth the trip, you will not be disapointed at all.Special Features:
- Very Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014My family was in Salisbury for the Girls World Series this past week end, Our hotel said that Restaurant 213would be a great choice, and they were right. The food was Great the service was perfect . This was a very Special Occasion, for our familySpecial Features:
- Well above par!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014My first experience at Restaurant 213 tonight, and the best description is a hole-in-one! Being a golf professional in Baltimore, I know a good meal when I see it. In town only for a short stay, but the chef and staff at 213 were kind enough to let my twosome arrive shortly before closing and enjoy a "once in a lifetime meal." No bogeys in Fruitland at this quaint restaurant just south of Salisbury. The chef knows truly how to stay out of bunkers and rough when it comes to his culinary prowess. My experience was far below par, in the best kind of way, no pun intended. We started off with a true mulligan, the complimentary sipping soup, then moved to what I can only describe as an eagle, the tuna tower feature! Kobe steak to boot! ACE!!Special Features:
- Restaurant 213HillDined on 7/24/2014The food was delicious and the service impeccable. I felt like I was dining in a fine restaurant in NYC.Special Features:
- Divine dinnerLovbaughDined on 7/19/2014First course was a prelude to an amazing encounter at Restaurant 213. Kobe was cooked to perfection and melted like butter. Sides were light but robust in flavor. Presentation was aesthetically comforting. Staff was attentive. Orgasmic dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We went to 213 for my 42 birthday, we had a great romantic evening, the food and service was outstanding. My date had the pan seared scallops , I had the Kobe steak , they were divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Pride Of The Eastern ShoreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014We are Staying in Ocean City, We read the Dispatch in our Hotel Room so we had to try it . We are so glad we did, the food was off the charts, service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Undiscovered GemOT44Dined on 7/11/2014Restaurant 213 is located in an area that you would not expect to find a first class restaurant. Dining at this restaurant is like dining in the best restaurants in downtown Baltimore or Washington. If you are anywhere, within 50 miles, near this restaurant, be certain to dine there. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World ClassOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Today, Is MY Birthday, so my Family took me out for my 59th Birthday, they choose 213 what a great time was had by all. Great food Great Service, a World Class Experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Restaurant 213, Rocks, Went there For a Dinner Meeting, and had to go back with my sister, we had a wonderful evening the food was great as well as the service.Special Features:
- Food ArtOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Just had a great Dinner , the food was a work of art the service was Perfect, A work of ART.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rest213NYeatersDined on 7/5/2014The presentation of food was terrific. The flavors of the food were great. The waitstaff was very attentive. I would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five StarsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Can;t believe it . In Fruitland Maryland, WOW, WOW. The best Restaurant on The Eastern Shore, with a world class chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 STARSDanniDined on 7/5/2014Back in Salisbury for the weekend, We love 213 the food is wonderful the service is great, Nothing else in the area matches 213.....Special Features:
- A Great DinnerDanniDined on 7/1/2014We always love 213 . The Food is always Great .You must dine at 213Special Features:
- Special Place in Fruitland, MDKateMcgDined on 6/28/2014Wonderful dinner with small treats like an amuse-bouche of potato soup and a delightful lemon sorbet. Huge wine list but the inventory doesn't match. Had to play guess which one we have 3 times. Wait staff is extremely knowledgeable about the menu and the ingredients. Tuna tower appetizer was stupendous and large enough to share as was the lump crab timbale and the Tuscan Pizza Rustica. We enjoyed various main course offerings- pacific salmon, rockfish 213 and some of the special entrées. Overall, a delicious experience.Special Features:
- LuvgoodfoodDined on 6/18/2014Excellent! A little pricey but definitely worth it. The best cream of crab soup I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor service effects good foodJobeeDined on 6/14/2014This restaurant came highly recommended by friends. We had the opportunity to go with four friends who like good food. The restaurant is a little tired looking, the servers seem inexperienced or poorly trained. Our server was disorganized, forgetful and overall a great disappointment. I don't mind slow food at all, but this was ridiculous. The food was well prepared and for the most part good to very good, but did not meet todays expectations of excellent food from a well known chef. The souffle ordered at the beginning of the meal was served twenty minutes after the end of the main course!!!!!! P.S. the souffle was excellent. Did we talk about the food after the meal, yes, but we spent most of our time talking about the poor service.
- ChristineChristineDined on 6/12/2014I am so glad that we found this restaurant! It was a very pleasurable dining experience. Restaurant 213 serves fabulous French cuisine presented beautifully and served by an impeccable wait staff. The food is absolutely amazing and we will definitely be eating here often. The cream of crab soup was prepared as it should be, with the perfect amount of sherry. We also had the scallop appetizer beautifully presented and perfectly cooked; the rack of lamb with a Dijon rub was cooked exactly as ordered; and the rockfish 213 was moist with a delicate tarragon burré blanc sauce. It was so hard to decide what to order and I can’t wait to come back and try everything on the menu. This is the best restaurant on the Eastern Shore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestDanniDined on 6/11/2014always the best. SIMPLY THE BEST TGhe best on the Eastern Shore, You must dine at 213Special Features:
- Top end restaurantfavRstDined on 6/7/2014This is my favorite restaurant. Do not let the prices deter you. The quality and presentation will bring you back for more. My wife and I go there for special occasions. And I make up special occasions to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.