2117 Sawtelle Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025Neighborhood:
West Los Angeles
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurant2117.com/
- Phone: 3104771617
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday:11:45AM - 2:30PM
Saturday: 12:00PM - 2:30PM
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:45PM - 10:00PM
Saturday: 6:00PM - 10:00PM
Sunday: 5:30PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Hideyo Mitsuno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Restaurant 2117
Using organic vegetables and natural meat is the result of focusing on the taste and quality of food that Chef Hideyo wants to cook and serve with 100% confidence and responsibility as a chef. He uses French-Italian methods to create his own style of cooking, with emphasis on great taste and safe nutrition. Enjoy small plates, wine, freshly cooked al dente pastas, fresh sea food, and natural meat entrées.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Restaurant 2117 - Best Restaurants in West Los Angeles ›
Restaurant 2117 reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)special occasion (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Nice findSAMSVIPDined on 10/5/2014food was outstanding and the restaurant was quiet --- parking is a bit of a mess and the restaurant was uncomfortably warm -- but the food was greatSpecial Features:
- Great to come back.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Came here the other night after a 4 year hiatus and wasn't disappointed. The 5 of us ordered a bunch of dishes and shared what was a wonderful meal. The spaghetti with duck was fabulous as was the yellow fin carpaccio. Look forward to coming back sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is better than the parkingtwoputtDined on 8/16/2014Although the food was very good and the staff very nice--parking is a nightmare. Theoretically they have valet parking. Guess what? At 6:30 they were already full and turning cars away! For that reason alone we may not return. Too much of a hassle.Special Features:
- ExceptionalFavoriteDined on 7/30/2014Fine service,elgantly flavorful food,resonable quiet for conversation. Pleased to highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Great foodabujjVIPDined on 7/29/2014The fish dishes were great! So was the wine. A little pricy but worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKathenaVIPDined on 7/27/2014Way to pricey for what they offer. Nothing was really wrong but then nothing that was really right. Un memorable !
- Fine dining in a Mini-MallSMJ2013Dined on 7/25/2014This mini-mall on Sawtelle has a fun selection of inexpensive Asian restaurants. I was happy to try 2117 during Dine LA week. Although we ended up not choosing anything from the DineLA menu, my husband and I both had the pepper crusted salmon and it was delicious. It was served with a delicate assortment of vegetables. He also ordered the broccoli soup which was equally delicate and tasty. The portions here are on the slim side, so if you are hungry do order an appetizer or two to share. The atmosphere is pleasant and hidden from the active scene outside. I definitely want to return to try other dishes.Special Features:
- A delicious discoveryShyOneDined on 7/20/2014We came here for DineLA. The food was delicious and portions were just right. Everything was tasty. Just wish parking wasn't so challenging and they have fountain soda (for the free refills :o) ).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/19/2014Hidden Gem i n Hollywood for before or after the Pantages! Wide selection of small plates! Jeff the server was helpful and knowledgeable. Will refer to friends and family.Special Features:
- Westside Gem!Foodie27Dined on 7/19/2014Buried in a busy strip, it's a small, quiet oasis Have been going here for over 15 years. The menu has something for everyone with an appealing Asian-fusion menu. In addition they have a nice selection of wines and pleasant Japanese staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was EXCELLENT...TDavis9060Dined on 7/18/2014The calamari was the BEST I've ever had. Flavorful, lightly battered and fried. Delicious! The soft shell crab and spicy crispy tuna were amazing. The other diners had the crab salad and the sashimi both of which were excellent. Three of us got the soft shall crab and the 4th person got the Chilean sea bass which was light flaky and extremely flavorful. We all enjoyed the food and experience. It's in a little shopping center with other restaurants but they do have free valet. Go! You won't regret it.Special Features:
- So SoVitaDined on 7/18/2014We thought the food was good, but pricey for what was on offer. We bought the house wine and it was substandard. Most guests were seated on the outdoor patio, which was nice, but the smell of car exhaust from the valet parking lot just beyond the dining area was hugely off putting.
- Simply SuperbCorianderDined on 7/16/2014Had not been to 2117 for several years. Remembered how delighted my mother was with the preparation of oysters, her particular favorite. Our recent visit was with another couple. We all chose from the prix fix entree selections. It was absolutely delectable. The service was great - well paced and unobtrusive. It is an unassuming location and has a quiet decor, but the food speaks for itself and is VERY reasonable. Kudos to 2117. May they live long and prosper. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2014Excellent restaurant. Want to go back and try everything on their menu. Great attentive staff!Special Features:
- dadiva1VIPDined on 7/3/2014The soft shell crab is outstanding! I want to return and work my way through the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and delicious.MeatLoverDined on 6/28/2014They deserve a lot of points for creativity. Best soft shell crab and sea bass. Great starters such as calamari and crab cakes. Blend of ingredients has a fusion aspect to it that actually works and leaves you wanting more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 108 reviews are from the Restaurant 2117 reviews archive.
- Amazing Shoft-shell crab!krottnerDined on 6/14/2014I was dying for soft-shell crab. The best I ever had! The tuna tartar and the crab cakes were amazing. This is my new favorite restaurant. I will be going back a few more times before soft-shell crabs are out of season. They said they would have until Aug. Service was excellent! I would pass on the desserts..Special Features:
- A real finddadiva1VIPDined on 6/14/2014Somehow I'd missed going to 2117, but I'll be sure to return. The menu is so intriguing that my friend and I can't wait to return and eat our way through it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/14/2014I have been going to this restaurant for several years & we noticed that the food was definitely not up to par. I had a steak salad and the dressing was so sharp it was hard to swallow. we were 5 people and we all felt the food had slipped. So sorry...nice people.
- Delicious and so freshHarps36VIPDined on 5/28/2014They have th most unique dishes here with fantastic sauces and taste. It is also very reasonable. Great service and just fantastic!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always eat well at 2117.EatsVIPDined on 4/12/2014We always eat well at 2117. They never disappoint .Special Features:
- Hidden treasurefoodieyahoodieDined on 4/9/2014This little gem is flying under the radar. Lost in a sea of ramen shops. Underrated on Zagat and Yelp. Fabulous food and lovely staff. Run, don't walk...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantphilVIPDined on 3/21/2014A nice restaurant. Very pleasant service. Will go back for sure!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great even without a nameitsabramoDined on 3/15/2014We are repeat "eaters" at 2117 - our favorite non-named restaurant. It has very little ambiance, but the food is terrific. The menu is small, but very consistent in quality. Our favorite is meat loaf, but such meat loaf made with Wagyu beef. I'm really not sure what it is or its connection/comparison with Kobe beef, but it is FABULOUS. In short, 2117 is a small place having a big way with food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, great foodmelmorVIPDined on 3/7/2014When we and friends visited on an ideal Friday night, the restaurant was uncrowded and quiet. Food was great and service attentive. The restaurant is in a busy strip mall, surrounded by other mostly Japanese-style restaurants. The ambiance is modest; they have a small patio in front that was also uncrowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backFiddleDeeDeeVIPDined on 2/1/2014Restaurant 2117 was a hidden gem in a strip mall on this busy section of Sawtelle. Parking was by valet--thank goodness. Ambiance is not fancy! But the food was great. We had hamachi that was like butter, a "traditional" salad given an asian twist I would never have thought of, and the Shrimp entree was excellent, as was the sea bass. Service was unobtrusive and vigilant. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never knew this place existedSSSMDined on 1/31/2014Never knew this place existed and unfortunately I couldn't get the details to questions I asked answered by the waitress. Went for Dine LA; good menu, food was delicious, sea bass especially (with a pang of conscience -- is this the endangered sea bass?). Vegan butternut squash soup definitely tasted of the squash and not overpowering ingredients or spices. Dessert was also good. Service wasn't the world's best -- there weren't so many people in the place that more attention couldn't have been paid. I do appreciate having my water refilled without having to ask. I got the feeling the place was not new but that the staff was. Also a disconnect: is this a bistro or an asian specialty restaurant. Overall B++.Special Features:
- Amazing findGreatVIPDined on 1/29/2014I am often in the area and was mislead by the crepe sign in front. To find a place such as this is a boon. Food was amazing with simple flair and bold flavors. Wine list took me back to northern France. The servers were friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. I had the PorkBelly my guest had the pasta I strongly recommend giving the opportunity for them to serve you. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in a Quiet Atmosphereeatingout2dayDined on 1/18/2014When meeting friends who you want to actually see and hear this is a great place to go. The food never disappoints - it is creative and delicious, fresh and healthy. You can have both great food and wonderful relaxed conversation.Special Features:
- Interesting food at a good priceJoanDined on 1/18/2014I always have trouble deciding what I want to eat - An old favorite or something new - everything always looks so good and I am happy to report - it tastes good too.Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/18/2014We just love to go to 2117. We have been dining here since it opened. The food is refined and creative. There is something on the menu for everyone's tastes. Each item is prepared with quality ingredients and the presentation is awesome. All of this and you can chat, show up in jeans and have free valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodGaryVIPDined on 1/1/2014Restaurant 2117 has stood the test of time. I went there several years ago, and it's still great. The Asian/fusion influenced menu is very creative but not too wild. My friend and I both chose the $40 Prix Fixe meal. We both enjoyed the sashimi appetizer. I chose the Duck and my friend the fish selection. Desserts were also very good, and Restaurant 2117 has a good wine list. Service is quiet and understated - but attentive. I can hardly wait to go back and try some of the pasta entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xmas eve dinnermistermcduffDined on 12/24/2013Had a wonderful dinner with 3 friends. Food was excellent. Had a lovely prix fix meal with hamachi app, lobster tail and noodle main and pecan pie for $40. good value, nice wine list. Small charming placeSpecial Features:
- I've been eating here forJoeMDined on 12/17/2013I've been eating here for years. It always satisfies.Special Features:
- Great Little Place on SawtelleLudditeDined on 12/12/2013Five of us decided to try this on a "whim". Whimsey aside, it turned out to be an excellent, well-priced little place in the heart of Sawtelle's burgeoning restaurant row. Excellent food -- all the first courses won acclaim, and my meat loaf was surprisingly well done and one friend's pasta was delightful with a subtle oriental touch. The wine list is short and very well priced, but with well selected choices. We'll definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good EatsAlexWolfeDined on 11/15/2013The quality of the food isn't what it once was, but this is still a nice restaurant with a good date-ambiance. They still do a great soft shell crab, when it's in season, but the rest of the menu (and I feel I've tried a good portion of it) is just a little flat. Good, but not great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting food - well preparedJoanDined on 11/9/2013This is an Asian Fusion menu that I always want to go to more often so that I can try more things. I have always been pleased. Their soft shelled crab (when in season) is fab!Special Features:
- Empty for a reasonmxpbuyVIPDined on 10/23/2013Lots of activity at all the other restaurants nearby, but we were only patrons during our entire meal. Now we know why. Nothing was bad. Ingredients seemed fresh and of decent quality. But it simply did not come together. Although a completely different cuisine, 2117 reminds me of dining in Croatia where the farm/sea to table foods are always fresh and of good quality but making them interesting is simply a skill not yet developed.
- Not goodAllaccessVIPDined on 10/5/2013Nice enough people but the food was very confused. Salmon had soy sauce and pesto with ratatouille. Weird. Wine list by the bottle is descent but by the glass is terrible.
- wowChrisVIPDined on 9/28/2013This restaurant is a gem. It’s not flashy and rather low key. Yet it hides great food and surprising wine treasures; all wrapped up in a simple setting: table paper mat, plastic menu and such but, past the decor, the food is excellent and the dishes, French and Asian for the most part, are full of flavors. Most customers seem to be accustomed to the place and I can easily see why. I shall return!Special Features: