10 Road of the Vines
Travelers Rest, SC 29690Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hoteldomestique.com/restaurant-17/
- Phone: (864) 516-1254
- Hours of Operation:
Cafe Hours 7am-3pm EVERYDAY
Dinner Tuesday-Thursday 5-9pm
Dinner Friday & Saturday 5-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Adam Cooke
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Restaurant 17
Hotel Domestique's Restaurant 17 will serve innovative cuisine in an austere setting set amongst the vineyards surrounding the property. Acclaimed Executive Chef Adam Cooke's overall style for the cuisine will be refined, clean and approachable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Restaurant 17 - Best Restaurants in Travelers Rest ›
Restaurant 17 reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (62)fit for foodies (58)special occasion (52)romantic (41)great for outdoor dining (36)notable wine list (29)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (6)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- LindaDined on 11/21/2014The scallops were delicious as well as the apple pie and chocolate mousse!All of our servers were very friendly especially Chris!We are looking forward to our next visit.The atmosphere is breathtaking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treasure in the FoothillsCabsterVIPDined on 11/21/2014I've frequented 17 since its opening and this was the best visit yet. Everything came together including the front of the house (which had been missing). Our foods were freshly prepared, innovative and prepared with "farm to table" ingredients in keeping with 17's focus. Service was light-hearted and attentive. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will recommend this establishment.pipesmokerDined on 11/15/2014Appetizers, main courses, desserts were all excellent and service was outstanding. Excellent wine and beer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant- we will try it againOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2014Our reception at the door was pleasant to be marred at our table by the busboy's 'How are We tonight' to which I replied 'We are all fine' Our server, Sunny was rather taken aback when right off I asked for a glass of Albarino to see if we both liked it. - Splendid ! She came back with a generous 'taste ' and was there when needed throughout our supper. The smoked trout spread was interesting in its presentation in a small lidded preserving jar very subtle taste . Crispy Fried Chicken Skins were very simple ,tasty but too big a serving. The quail was totally overpowered by the reduction sauce. The Wagyu beef was tender tho' the grilled vegetables seemed as if grilled days ago. Overall a pleasant but not a memorable meal We really loved the plain white tables-no fussy tablecloths!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- One of a kindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014One of the best restaurants in the Upstate, hands down. Impeccable service and knowledge among the servers. Bright and brilliant food. Unique cocktails and formidable wine and beer list. Prices are actually a steal for how good the food is. Truly a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dinnerlovegoodfoodDined on 11/5/2014Four outstanding dinners and appetizers. Food is perfectly prepared, inventive and seasoned. When the restaurant is full, it is quite noisy, but we were there on a weekday evening that was quiet and relaxed.Special Features:
- A Memorable Experience!JosephDined on 11/1/2014Everything was perfect... Cocktails- I would recommend the dark and stormy. Apps. - I would recommend the calamari and chickpeas salad Entree- I would recommend the Wagyu entree. and Dessert- I would definitely recommend the chocolate crepes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem, Culinary AdventureJessDined on 11/1/2014Unlike anything else near Greenville (unless perhaps you go to Asheville). Even though it is directly off the main highway, it is surrounded by mountains and not much else. Felt like we were in another place, Colorado or California. Enjoy the small plates to share (or not to share), and pair buttery cauliflower grits with an entree like venison or hand-rolled pasta. They have a true Dark & Stormy on the bar menu, complete with spicy ginger beer and dare I say, real ginger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemJourneysendDined on 10/31/2014I don't normally write reviews but I am doing so as this restaurant is a hidden gem. Food is interesting and delicious. Chef is incredibley talented. If you are visiting S Carolina / tryon/ Asheville it is definitely worth the drive!! A mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gran Weekend!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/23/2014We were in town for a bike event put on by the owner of the restaurant, George Hincapie. Incredible food in a beautiful setting. What a weekend!Special Features:
- CustomernonahmayDined on 10/16/2014Food and service excellent. Great effort to use local ingredients. But a huge disconnect between that and the interior of the restaurant. Decor cold and uninviting and too dark to see the food. Why not some effort to use a few works of local artisans - pull together local foods, artworks, and beautiful view of mountains? A well-planned, diverse menu that is printed too small - it took much effort just to read it. Back of menu blank - why not use it to enlarge the print? Entrance doors painted such a dark brown they look like a service entrance. Weren't sure if that's where we were supposed to enter. Some sort of tablecloth would warm the place up a bit. Formica table top isn't appealing, certainly not in an upscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/14/2014The chef's tasting menu (6 courses with wine pairings) was off the charts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bill LowriebilllowrieDined on 10/8/2014This is a great restaurant in a beautiful setting. Each of us had a small plate, main course and dessert all of which incoporated local seasonal organic ingredients. The line caught fresh local trout was particularly good. Portions are not large but were fine with us. The wine list while not huge did have a lot of choices. Servers did an excellent job. We will returnSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Food & Wonderful SettingJeffVIPDined on 9/30/2014Our second visit was as good as the first. The food is unique and wonderfully prepared. We tried the Tuesday Small Plate with wine pairing and made it through 5 courses. Simply wonderful. The food service was also attentive. We had a pleasant and vibrant pair of waiter/waitress. The bar has a great view and is a nice place to enjoy the sunset but the bar prices are excessive. New York prices in Travelers Rest. Put a negative spin on an otherwise wonderful experience. Not a good idea to take advantage of your customers. Other than that, a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- UniqueGmbgbbDined on 9/26/2014This is a restaurant that offers an adventurous menu. We love the farm to table concept using local meat and produce. The combinations of food are unusual but all the food was extraordinary.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceReviewer247Dined on 9/26/2014-One of those restaurants which serves healthy, delicious, and beautifully presented food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!NOMADinesOutDined on 9/26/2014Best food in the Upstate!!!! We have never had better. Fresh quality ingredients & amazing combinations of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOnTheRoadDined on 9/26/2014We visited with our son during Furman's Parents' Weekend. We were also celebrating a birthday and our anniversary. After a little trouble finding it, we were very impressed with the setting and the beautiful scenery. We had requested outdoor seating and were treated to a table overlooking the mountains. The service was excellent; everyone was attentive but not annoying. The food was wonderful! Yes, it is a bit expensive, but for the experience, it is certainly worth it. We will go back the next time we are in the Greenville/TR area.Special Features:
- Excellent foodMinervaDined on 9/20/2014The food is delicious, original, interesting, artistic and made from local fresh ingredients. Good wine list. The interior is attractive,somewhat minimalist, definitely not romantic. Some school age children staying at the hotel went in and out from the dining porch quite a few times and there was a baby in a stroller in that group, so I'd say it's family friendly. The service is very good. Expect some wait time because the food is freshly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden TreasuretaylorvDined on 9/20/2014Just because Restaurant 17 is a little jaunt away from Greenville doesn't mean that it's not worth the minimal effort to get there. Not enough can be said about the food. It is simply the best in Greenville. Well curated portions and amazing presentations. Flavor combinations that are both exciting and subtle. The view: are your freaking kidding me? doesn't really get any better.Special Features:
- foodcrazyDined on 9/13/2014Wide selection of fresh local seasonal foods. This was my second visit and both times delicious.Special Features:
- "Fine" not great for the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014To start with positives…the food was fabulous, the atmosphere sophisticated, the view beautiful. But, the service brought the whole evening down. I never want to hear from the staff how busy they are and are unable to be attentive to me. I never want to hear anything negative…. too much of that. I did discuss this with the manager. He said he would address it with the staff. But, he himself never offered a gesture to entice me to try the restaurant again. In Greenville, there are an abundance of fabulous restaurants with fabulous staff. It was only a "fine" experience for me not "great"!Special Features:
- Looked like a cryptgreatdiningDined on 9/13/2014When it was La Bastide it was beautiful--now it looks like a mausoleum--so cold and impersonal--will not go back--service was also poor--food was good but not worth the stark atmosphere.Special Features:
- TecoDined on 9/13/2014It was our second time there, had guests from DC. We all enjoyed the food, and the view again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual, but delicious.MsPalmettobugDined on 9/11/2014Menu sounds unusual, but our dinner entrees were outstanding. It is a bit pricey for the amount of food you receive, but it is tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellent! Poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014If you are serving food that good your wait staff should be more knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Not sure what my expectations were, and while the food was quite good, I found the selection limited. they were unable to modify a dish at my wife's request, so probably would not returnSpecial Features:
- Hidden Treasure in TRGinavegasDined on 9/6/2014The property, food & service was OUTSTANDING! Our server (Sunny) made it an incredible experience for us. It's truly a hidden GEM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoping for the Best2dinningVetsDined on 9/5/2014Overall the property is beautiful. Hotel lobby is a cold and lonely. 7:30 on a Friday evening, the place is empty. Hallway to restaurant is cold and dark. The place is expensively furnished but cold. Views are tremendous but only if you get the right table. Waitress was very good but we had 4 or 5 different wait staff come to the table to serve or clear??? The food was good, not great, and expensive. Split a appetizer & salad, each had our own entree, split a desert, and had 4 glasses of wine. Bill including tip was $183, too much money for an average meal....... but a beautiful view. Being a somewhat serious cyclists I do wish George the best but remember we are in Travelers Rest not Lake Tahoe or Vail.Special Features:
- Delicious food, wine and atmospherePclarkDined on 9/5/2014We're from Keene, NH and had the most enjoyable evening at 17! We were visiting parents from Flat Rock and ate out each evening and by far, enjoyed your restaurant the most. Atmosphere was very nice; Food was outstanding; Wine was excellent; Staff was so attentive and so friendly. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone near and far! Only regret, didn't get to see George Hincapie as I understand he frequents his restaurant weekly! But by far, the most enjoyable evening we had in NC for our vacation. Thank you!Special Features:
- OutstandingadmiraljimDined on 8/30/2014The food was outstanding. Utilized unexpected combinations of different local ingredients resulting in some great entrees. Definitely will go back. Good waitstaff. A fantastic dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had Higher Expectationstthomp2Dined on 8/30/2014Had reservation several days for four, were sit at a table that would hold 8-10 and told this is all we have. Not an true dining experience that I expected, no table cloths on plastic table tops, felt like in a cafeteria. They were holding a wedding party for over 100 people, perhaps this is why they were off. I had a pasta dish, with sea bass and fried oysters, the citrus just overwhelmed it. My wife had a shrimp starter, for $14 you got six shrimp and you had to peel them! Are you serious for that price, is that fine dining?Special Features:
- Hate to say thisMcLisaDined on 8/30/2014Let me start by saying that the food was outstanding. The chef is to be complimented! The one rather important thing I will say that was missing (and which I would want to know if I was the owner) was that the service was so disappointing, and frustrating. We could hear and see other customers getting a different and better level of service. We will go back one more time hoping for a better experience because it is such a pretty and unique place to dine, and hopefully stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so happyDisappointedDined on 8/23/2014Great atmosphere and wine. Food left much to be desired. Steak was like leather. Trout was good, very small portion for the price. Server offered dessert but never returned to see what we wanted.Special Features:
- What a gemJourneysendDined on 8/23/2014I can only say that this was one of the best meals that I have had in a long time. This restaurant can stand next to the best restaurants in the US. We will be back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant 17OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Gorgeous views, interesting cocktail choices, atmosphere very nice, food very good. Service a bit slack, but overall a 4 out of 5. Will definitely try it again, but will ask more questions about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014The food, service, and atmosphere couldn't be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Upstate GemjcullenscDined on 8/16/2014We celebrated our anniversary here and had a very pleasant evening. Great food, gorgeous view and superb service. The waitstaff all walk around being helpful, courteous and smiling. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeTecoDined on 8/15/2014We had friends here from WI and we wanted something scenic and special. This was the perfect place , the signature cocktails were very different, the food was fabulous and our waitress "Sunny" was outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gemsunny1010Dined on 8/13/2014Restaurant 17 is in a very unusual location but has very beautiful views looking over the mountains of South Carolina. This is an expensive restaurant but worth the price. It does have the new industrial feel upstairs but the views quickly make up for it. Food was delicious and adventurous. Even the fried eggplant side dish had unique flavors. Very nice wine list too. We are foodies, looking for something special when we dine out. We highly recommend this restaurant for a special night out.Special Features: