10 Road of the Vines
Travelers Rest, SC 29690Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hoteldomestique.com/restaurant-17/
- Phone: 8645161254x
- Hours of Operation:
Cafe Hours 7am-3pm EVERYDAY
Dinner Tuesday-Thursday 5-9pm
Dinner Friday & Saturday 5-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Adam Cooke
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Restaurant 17
Hotel Domestique's Restaurant 17 will serve innovative cuisine in an austere setting set amongst the vineyards surrounding the property. Acclaimed Executive Chef Adam Cooke's overall style for the cuisine will be refined, clean and approachable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Restaurant 17 - Best Restaurants in Travelers Rest ›
Restaurant 17 reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (89)special occasion (72)fit for foodies (67)romantic (55)great for outdoor dining (49)notable wine list (43)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (11)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- foodcrazyDined on 9/13/2014Wide selection of fresh local seasonal foods. This was my second visit and both times delicious.Special Features:
- "Fine" not great for the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014To start with positives…the food was fabulous, the atmosphere sophisticated, the view beautiful. But, the service brought the whole evening down. I never want to hear from the staff how busy they are and are unable to be attentive to me. I never want to hear anything negative…. too much of that. I did discuss this with the manager. He said he would address it with the staff. But, he himself never offered a gesture to entice me to try the restaurant again. In Greenville, there are an abundance of fabulous restaurants with fabulous staff. It was only a "fine" experience for me not "great"!Special Features:
- Looked like a cryptgreatdiningDined on 9/13/2014When it was La Bastide it was beautiful--now it looks like a mausoleum--so cold and impersonal--will not go back--service was also poor--food was good but not worth the stark atmosphere.Special Features:
- TecoDined on 9/13/2014It was our second time there, had guests from DC. We all enjoyed the food, and the view again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellent! Poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014If you are serving food that good your wait staff should be more knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Not sure what my expectations were, and while the food was quite good, I found the selection limited. they were unable to modify a dish at my wife's request, so probably would not returnSpecial Features:
- Hidden Treasure in TRGinavegasDined on 9/6/2014The property, food & service was OUTSTANDING! Our server (Sunny) made it an incredible experience for us. It's truly a hidden GEM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoping for the Best2dinningVetsDined on 9/5/2014Overall the property is beautiful. Hotel lobby is a cold and lonely. 7:30 on a Friday evening, the place is empty. Hallway to restaurant is cold and dark. The place is expensively furnished but cold. Views are tremendous but only if you get the right table. Waitress was very good but we had 4 or 5 different wait staff come to the table to serve or clear??? The food was good, not great, and expensive. Split a appetizer & salad, each had our own entree, split a desert, and had 4 glasses of wine. Bill including tip was $183, too much money for an average meal....... but a beautiful view. Being a somewhat serious cyclists I do wish George the best but remember we are in Travelers Rest not Lake Tahoe or Vail.Special Features:
- Delicious food, wine and atmospherePclarkDined on 9/5/2014We're from Keene, NH and had the most enjoyable evening at 17! We were visiting parents from Flat Rock and ate out each evening and by far, enjoyed your restaurant the most. Atmosphere was very nice; Food was outstanding; Wine was excellent; Staff was so attentive and so friendly. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone near and far! Only regret, didn't get to see George Hincapie as I understand he frequents his restaurant weekly! But by far, the most enjoyable evening we had in NC for our vacation. Thank you!Special Features:
- OutstandingadmiraljimDined on 8/30/2014The food was outstanding. Utilized unexpected combinations of different local ingredients resulting in some great entrees. Definitely will go back. Good waitstaff. A fantastic dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had Higher Expectationstthomp2Dined on 8/30/2014Had reservation several days for four, were sit at a table that would hold 8-10 and told this is all we have. Not an true dining experience that I expected, no table cloths on plastic table tops, felt like in a cafeteria. They were holding a wedding party for over 100 people, perhaps this is why they were off. I had a pasta dish, with sea bass and fried oysters, the citrus just overwhelmed it. My wife had a shrimp starter, for $14 you got six shrimp and you had to peel them! Are you serious for that price, is that fine dining?Special Features:
- Hate to say thisMcLisaDined on 8/30/2014Let me start by saying that the food was outstanding. The chef is to be complimented! The one rather important thing I will say that was missing (and which I would want to know if I was the owner) was that the service was so disappointing, and frustrating. We could hear and see other customers getting a different and better level of service. We will go back one more time hoping for a better experience because it is such a pretty and unique place to dine, and hopefully stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so happyDisappointedDined on 8/23/2014Great atmosphere and wine. Food left much to be desired. Steak was like leather. Trout was good, very small portion for the price. Server offered dessert but never returned to see what we wanted.Special Features:
- What a gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014I can only say that this was one of the best meals that I have had in a long time. This restaurant can stand next to the best restaurants in the US. We will be back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant 17OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Gorgeous views, interesting cocktail choices, atmosphere very nice, food very good. Service a bit slack, but overall a 4 out of 5. Will definitely try it again, but will ask more questions about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014The food, service, and atmosphere couldn't be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Upstate GemjcullenscDined on 8/16/2014We celebrated our anniversary here and had a very pleasant evening. Great food, gorgeous view and superb service. The waitstaff all walk around being helpful, courteous and smiling. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeTecoDined on 8/15/2014We had friends here from WI and we wanted something scenic and special. This was the perfect place , the signature cocktails were very different, the food was fabulous and our waitress "Sunny" was outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Restaurant 17 is in a very unusual location but has very beautiful views looking over the mountains of South Carolina. This is an expensive restaurant but worth the price. It does have the new industrial feel upstairs but the views quickly make up for it. Food was delicious and adventurous. Even the fried eggplant side dish had unique flavors. Very nice wine list too. We are foodies, looking for something special when we dine out. We highly recommend this restaurant for a special night out.Special Features:
- What a gem!TomWDined on 8/9/2014We visited Restaurant 17 on Saturday evening and what a treat! We sat at the bar prior to dinner and enjoyed a glass of wine, then were taken to the 2nd floor dining area. The food ambience were top notch. The server was professional and attentive. Thanks for a great evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantLove2cycleDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I had a fabulous experience at Restaurant 17. The food, service, atmosphere, and view were all wonderful!!we will definitely be going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic surprisefoodquest1730Dined on 8/9/2014PRO: The food was quite different. There were a multitude of fantastic tastes with every bite. The wait staff was knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and efficient. CON: As the restaurant filled, the noise level did increase so it was hard to hear us talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trywoodDined on 8/8/2014Excellent food, creatively prepared, and artfully served. Excellent service. Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- kshawDined on 8/8/2014We had been wanting to try Restaurant 17 since it first opened, but given its remote location, it doesn't lend itself to spur of the moment dinners and we're terrible at planning ahead. But having now been there, I can easily say that we will make the effort to get there more often. Everything about the place is fantastic. It has to start with the mountain views, which are naturally breathtaking. The same can be said of the food. Simple, local ingredients are used to make wonderfully creative and tasty dishes. The wine list is small with mostly boutique wineries that border on the expensive side, but Katherine (the sommelier) is very good at making recommendations. Service is relaxed but attentive.Special Features:
- 17 in nowhereAladoro696Dined on 8/8/2014Great remake of a failed business. This is no an around the corner restaurant. You have to go to go. Go od experience once there. Very, very eclectic. Offerings, but well done. Can con go on a weekly basis great for bringing first date and new boss.go and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceFoodiecoupleDined on 8/8/2014Nice place to get away and enjoy the evening. Alcohol prices too high is the only exception. They do not match the meal prices. Not a single bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon less than $100. The food was very very good however and the view is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but needs help with serviceWelltraveledinerDined on 8/6/2014We chose Restaurant 17 for a birthday. The food did not disappoint and was well worth it. The only knock was the service. We asked to be outside and no problem they accommodated but he staff did not seem to have a handle on who was covering who or what table. The staff seemed a little timid and when asked a few questions about the menu they seemed unsure of their recommendations. Train the staff a little better and it will be a great place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmmyAmmyDined on 8/2/2014We were visiting for a second time and took our son who loves gourmet foods and was here for just one evening. He was 'blown away' and anxious for a return visit to introduce his wife to Restaurant 17. Thanks for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal as usualbrfoodieDined on 7/31/2014The food is amazing. Easily top 3 in Greater Greenville, possibly #1.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014Very impressed with services and the food was excellent. Also very nice atmosphere tucked away but great find.Special Features:
- not a good experienveluv2trynewthingsDined on 7/26/2014When we arrived it was several minutes before anyone greeted us even with the girl standing right there, the romantic view that I requested, we were celebrating our wedding anniversary, was a view or the mountains and the hotel pool with people playing. When I asked if we could be moved to the front patio facing the landscape, the girl had to get the manager. He treated us like we didn't belong there and like I was stupid because I didn't want a view overlooking to pool. He even rolled his eyes when he walked away from talking to me. I ordered the veal dish and my husband ordered a steak dish. The veal in my dish was shredded and almost non existent. The servers asst. Took the olive oil away while my husband was in the middle of using it.
- luv2wineDined on 7/22/2014Amazing food, wonderful surroundings, eclectic and chic. My favorite restaurant in Greenville.Special Features:
- Beautiful Evening!88keysDined on 7/22/2014My husband and I, along with our son and his fiance were celebrating his birthday and their recent engagement. We were seated on the outside terrace facing the beautiful mountains. The meal was delicious and beautifully presented. The staff was available for anything we needed. A gluten-free basket of bread was even given to my husband who has celiac disease to enjoy while we were enjoying our regular bread. Very nice gesture! Such a beautiful evening! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- PleasingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Dinner was terrific. Service was professional when orders were taken and items were served but wait time for courses and ensuring we all had what we needed between courses could be improved. I highly recommend as an evening when you are open to a long leisurely fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Nice EveningQuakerLionDined on 7/19/2014We were there with our three adult daughters for a family get together. It was our first visit, and despite the rainy evening we enjoyed being in the setting in the foothills. The food was very good with some different offerings. Our waitress Rebecca was very attentive and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014When pro cyclist George Hincapie took over Hotel Domestique and opened the farm-to-table Restaurant 17, I was skeptical, as I would be with any pro athlete getting into the business. I visited Restaurant 17 on a Friday night with my wife, and we had a wonderful experience. Hincapie was actually there that night eating with friends. The preparation and presentation of the food were top-notch and on par with the best restaurants in nearby Greenville. The dishes were inventive and pretty. As with any fine restaurant, don't expect huge portions, but be prepared to thoroughly enjoy the food. The bartender is also a trained mixologist and has some inventive flair. I look forward to going back soon.Special Features:
- Restaurant 17 is incredible!BenEDined on 7/15/2014I would have never guessed that a restaurant of this quality would be in the obscure location that it is in, but there it is, and it is outstanding. I am by no means an avid fine diner, so some of the menu items looked like odd combinations of flavors to me. But we went with something, and it was one of the best meals I have ever eaten. The view of the vineyard and mountains was spectacular, there was a pleasantly surprising list of available craft beers, and Thomas, our server, was very knowledgeable and intimately familiar with everything on the menu. I am eagerly anticipating our return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmet foodannieVIPDined on 7/15/2014Prix fix dinners with international menu are the best kept secret in upstate SC; they happen once weekly, in July they have a French orientation in celebration of the "Tour de France". Amazing food with ingredients sourced from local farms!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special events and gourmet cuisineannieVIPDined on 7/8/2014Amazing gourmet food, farm to table; scenic romantic view. Special events such as Tour de France viewing party and bike rides with George Hincapie, the owner.Special Features:
- Now, Tuesdays Are A Foodie's DreamdentavVIPDined on 7/8/2014This restaurant, a short drive north of Greenville's Main Street excellent main line offerings, has created the perfect Tuesday dining out experience. We once stayed at an all inclusive, exclusive jungle resort in Belize that catered to lots of different foreign vacationers and they had a different Theme Country Dinner Night, every night. It was good and great fun. Consequently we were intrigued to learn that Restaurant 17 is offering a fixed price different country/region 3 course dinner ever Month on Tuesdays. Why any Chief would create, plan, purchase the ingredients and prepare unique high quality dishes to serve it just once boggles the foodies mind. We have been going 2-3 times a month and have never been anything but amazed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.