Reserve Wine & Food
201 NW Monroe
Grand Rapids, MI 49503Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Reserve Wine & Food
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reservegr.com/
- Phone: 6168559463x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Kitchen closes: 10:00pm Monday - Thursday, 11:00pm Friday & Saturday
Charcuterie Bar open all night!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Matt Green
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: A professional staff of friendly and knowledgeable servers are proud to present Chef Matt Green's seasonal and locally driven menu to guests of 12 - 200. For parties, celebrations and wine tastings from private intimate dinners to extravagant affairs. Casual or formal Reserve will make it memorable.
Private Events: Tailored to meet & exceed your expectations, every event we do is custom. With that said, the options for your private event at Reserve Wine & Food are nearly endless. From casual wine receptions to formal five-course meals, we design evenings to remember.
Whether you have corporate clients to entertain or close family and friends to celebrate with, Reserve has a space that is ideal for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Mark Breymeyer 6168559463x
A word from Reserve Wine & Food
Reserve Wine & Food is proud to present Grand Rapids with our homage to Wine, Pork, Cheese and even more wine! Executive Chef Matt Green has developed a network of purveyors to supply Reserve Wine & Food with hand-selected, seasonal produce, pork, Michigan raised lamb, beef and fish to anchor a locally driven rustic yet refined menu of simple, eclectic fare. Our goal at Reserve Wine & Food is to source the best possible product as close to home as possible. Our Charcuterie bar will serve up local and international cheeses and meats along with Reserve Wine & Food exclusives, house made sausages, terrines, and pates. The extensive international wine list was developed by certified sommelier Peter Marantette. The list features 102 wines by the glass and a bottle list of nearly 300 selections. Artisan cocktails and a focused craft beer list round out a unique dining experience here at Reserve Wine & Food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Reserve Wine & Food - Best Restaurants in Grand Rapids ›
Reserve Wine & Food reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (41)fit for foodies (41)special occasion (22)good for groups (15)hot spot (15)romantic (12)great for lunch (10)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (9)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Yum in GRPhilliePhoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014Excellent food. I enjoyed the house pâté and a fish special. My husband had chicken liver pâté and the burger, which was delicious with an egg and Gouda cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014One if us ordered the Thurs. Farm to table menu & the other the restaurant week menu. The restaurant week entree arrived before the 2nd course farm to table menu. Too disjointed. Both entrees should have arrived @ the same time especially since there was a long lag time after the first course.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!gvsugrlDined on 8/18/2014A definite must-do when you're in Grand Rapids! Great wine list (by flight or by the glass), delicious food, friendly servers & great atmosphere! On our list of favorites! We tried the Restaurant Week menu & were in taste bud nirvana from the first to the last bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary BurgerBurgerSnob50Dined on 8/18/2014Best burger of my experience. Cooked to a turn, haunting flavor, worth the trip to Grand Rapids. The Whitefish sandwich is not to be missed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We hosted a friend for her birthday who called the following morning to state that she had a "marvelous time." This was her first dining experience at Reserve. My wife enjoys the wine flights as a means of trying different wineries. This time she experimented with Pinot Noirs. We both find the entrees light and fulfilling. The availability of valet parking makes this downtown restaurant most accessible.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceWineFoodBaconOhMyDined on 8/12/2014My new favorite restaurant in Grand Rapid! Great Food, Great Atmosphere and Excellent Service. This is a trendy upscale foodie's dream; the perfect combination of unique food at a reasonable price. I took a small group of customers on a business trip, but this would also be a great place for a romantic evening with my husband or a night out with the girls! Note: You must try the Vanilla Bacon paired with a crisp "Nerdy" wine.Special Features:
- Great food in an empty restaurantCoreyDined on 8/9/2014Food was good, and the wine list was extensive. It just felt more like a Tuesday afternoon, rather than a Saturday night crowd.Special Features:
- Class and Elegance in Grand RapidsDavidDined on 8/8/2014MY WIFE AND I FOUND A PLACE TAT HAD A LITTLE "NEW YORK" TO IT AND WE WERE VERY PLEASED. GREAT FOOD COMBINATIONS MATCHED WITH GREAT WINE SELECTIONS (THOUGHT THEY WERE ECLECTIC) AND PHENOMENAL SERVICE FROM JASON AND ERIN. I DID NOT EXEPCT TO FIND SUCH A PLACE IN GRAND RAPIDS, BUT I DID. OUTSIDE DINING WAS CLASSY AND VERY PLEASANT. I WOULD DEFIANTLY GO THERE AGAIN. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.Special Features:
- Impeccable serviceRebeccaHDined on 8/5/2014Reserve was a full-house the night of our visit, which made me thankful we had a reservation. Everything about the experience was enjoyable...first-rate service, delectable food, remarkable wine. I particularly appreciated seeing the use of so many locally-sourced products on the menu. Plate presentations are beautiful...the food looks as good as it tastes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Chance Needed?sarajr84Dined on 7/23/2014Wine was delicious. We ordered a meat and cheese platter and it took a very long time to get. Asked if they forgot to put the order in, but he said it just takes a while? Not sure why since it's just cutting cheese and meat. Got the platter and it was the wrong. They quickly corrected it though. Ordered Chicken and Dumplings for dinner. Food came in a large bowl with lots of veggies and potatoes and some broth with fried chicken skin. Took a closer look and no chicken! Asked if i was supposed to have chicken....yeah they somehow forgot that part. They brought me some chicken though and gave us free dessert and a free dessert wine flight. Happy they fixed errors quickly, but hoping this isn't a trend for them. Debating trying it again....Special Features:
- Easterbunny46VIPDined on 7/18/2014We chose this place because it was featured in the Wine Spectator magazine. It was very good. We did not get the salad we ordered, but the rest was tasty, well prepared and presented. We are from out of town, but would still consider coming again if we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerGRFoodieDined on 7/15/2014Went for my bday- 1st time trying a meal there. I was excited. Originally they were going to seat us @ a small 2-top in the middle of other small 2-tops mere inches apart. Asked if they had anything else & they generously gave me several other options, especially if I was willing to wait. More than accommodating & friendly about it- was very pleased. Server Barry was fabulous- made a spot on wine recommendation that I LOVED. Were told immediately they were out of 1 of the 2 dishes I was debating between. Chose the other only for Barry to return & inform me they were out of that too. SUPER disappointed & really kind of dampened the night as my entrée disappointed. My dessert choice made me wish I'd skipped dinner altogether. It was flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb foodLoriDined on 7/11/2014We had the 5 cheese sampling which was fantastic. Hoping they get monk cheese from France in the future! My husband had the 5spice pork chop ..excellent, son had the quail, which is only regret was there wasn't more, and I had the whitefish, which I would get again! Highly recommend...sitting upstairs is a little nicer ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it.CasaLVIPDined on 7/2/2014As visitors to Grand Rapids, we have less than a week to try out various restaurants. We came here our first night in town and loved it so much we keep coming back. There are plenty of healthy vegetable and fish dishes which are excellent, but also a great salume & cheese selection. And a great wine list to go with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu - excellent wine listCasaLVIPDined on 6/30/2014A great experience. Everything we ordered was delicious. We love the focus on local ingredients. We plan to dine here again, hopefully several times, before returning home to NY City at the end of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal with friendsbitsbitesDined on 6/27/2014First time eating a meal here and it was very good. Not a big menu of entrees but our group of 4 each ordered a different dish and we were very happy.Special Features:
- Surprising gemUWS5Dined on 6/20/2014The food was really fresh and delish. Our only issue was every time we asked our server for a suggestion it was the most expensive item on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!MomoEliDined on 6/13/2014Wonderful, attentive service, nice quiet restaurant. Tables are a bit too close together, though.Special Features:
- great spotlesliebDined on 6/7/2014we went to reserve for drinks on Fri nite and then dinner on Sat nite. food was great. service was outstanding. both waitpersons were very friendly and knowledgeable. a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth returningSpotDined on 6/2/2014Interesting menu selections that were well prepared. Wine-by-the-glass selections were varied and allowed for explorations throughout the meal.Special Features:
- Unique for Grand RapidsJakeinGRDined on 6/2/2014Perhaps our sixth visit. Servers are engaged and know their wines. The menu is small, but everything well prepared. Emphasis on local and fresh foods. The varied meats and cheeses allow you to create an infinite variety of Charcouterie plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!KvillegaDined on 5/28/2014Our first time and we will definitely go back. Morgan was an excellent server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!MmmmVIPDined on 5/24/2014Reserve continues to be our "go-to" restaurant when entertaining out-of-town friends and family. The crispy chicken thigh was cooked perfectly - juicy in the middle and crispy on the outside. The recommended Roco chardonnay paired nicely with the dish. We also enjoyed the bbq quail and chicken and dumplings. All were beautifully presented. We appreciated the service being prompt but not rushed. A great experience all around!Special Features:
- This was a very fine restaurant.MargaretDined on 5/21/2014Great wine and food! Don't miss the painted mural on the first floor. This is ART!Special Features:
- Review of REVIEWluv2dineVIPDined on 5/12/2014This place is quite different in both food offerings and ambiance. I had the French bodin (sausage) and it was delicious as was the lettuce salad with chopped egg and bread crumbs. The Russian River cab was also nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 342 reviews are from the Reserve Wine & Food reviews archive.
- Will be coming back soonhomegrownDined on 5/3/2014Great place with excellent food!!!! I have never had anything I did not love!Special Features:
- Worth the foodDinerDined on 3/10/2014The food was very good but they were out of a few items that we would have loved to try like duck and fish. The service was slow at times but they were very knowledgeable and suggested some great small plates. The open atmosphere was a bit loud and made it difficult to hear across the table when the restaurant was full. Overall, the food and wine selections were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New FavsonjauVIPDined on 3/10/2014This restaurant has become my favorite one in Grand Rapids!Special Features:
- DanielleBabaDined on 3/4/2014Our server Danielle was over the top outstanding and the whole staff was awesome. We had a gift card that we lost and they looked it up and issued us another to use right then. Top notch! The food was excellent. My only complaint is that I thought the ambiance was a little cold, white tables, white lighting. Not at all romantic or cozy. That being said , the service will bring me back every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent dining experienceFoodforthoughtDined on 2/22/2014Wine and cocktails are always quality here. Food is consistently good and prices are reasonable given location and competition. The bar tenders and wait staff are attentive but not overbearing. Very helpful when choosing selections.Special Features:
- ExcellentSpottedCatsDined on 2/22/2014Thoroughly enjoyed dinner and drinks at Reserve. Staff was fabulously courteous and helpful, ambiance was nice - relaxed and modern. Food was interesting and exceptional - not the same ole boring fair here! Two drinks each, two appetizers and two entrees (with gratuity) only came to $100. - very reasonable and it was worth every penny!Special Features:
- Nice evening outFoodiewannabeDined on 2/22/2014The positives: The food was amazing!! Started with choices from the cheese/ meat options. Then - the pork belly and lamb ragout were beautifully presented and full of flavor. My disappointments: the wine list did not offer descriptions of the wine by the glass, prior to purchase. We were excited about the option to buy "tastings" of wine, but it was difficult to determine what you would like without flavor/style profiles. Also as a wine bar - I would have liked to have seen more wine pairings with menu options, as well as meat and cheese options. The wines by the glass also tended to be a pricey average $15 The tables are a bit crowded, our waitress could hardly get between the two tables to take our order or deliver the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plan your food around the winethomps97VIPDined on 2/15/2014This is clearly a wine lover's spot, with many, many wines from different regions available by the glass, or even by the taste. Each menu item comes with an interesting combination of side dishes, so the whole plate is different from other menu items. It's smart to order from the charcuterie menu when you arrive, because the service is planned so that you can enjoy your food with wine (i.e. if you just order a glass of wine, you may be waiting a while to order something else). Wait staff is very helpful in judging portions. Service could be a little quicker, but I have never been here when it's not very busy. If you want a modicum of privacy for your conversation, be sure to request a table upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big City atmosphereJDD7Dined on 2/13/2014Great place for wine lovers and diners looking for new unique choices.Special Features:
- Great food, but not enough of it.HungryB4theShowDined on 2/11/2014The food was fantastic, but you pay a lot for it, and get very little of it. It's your typical trendy restaurant that raises the bill and lowers the portion sizes.Special Features:
- MrsAlwaysExcellentDined on 2/8/2014Contemporary ambiance, but we didn't enjoy the little wooden "school chairs" upstairs. Some were chipped. Enjoyed the small wine "tastes" available. Cheese plate was good, but portions tiny. Quail was EXCELLENT. Servers should be better educated on menu/wine: Ours was nice, but she could not provide much more information on wine or cheese beyond what was already stated on menu. Considered trying pricier items, but wasn't "sold" on them by the waitress--just no information. At the prices on the menu, we expected someone with a little "sommelier" experience. We're not snooty, but if we're going to spend a lot of money, we want a little more information to assure we will enjoy our purchase. Fun once, but probably won't be back.Special Features:
- must gohappyDined on 1/28/2014I must say Mark (server) who has the ability to understand my description of what I like in wine and cheese and his ability to "stretch" my culinary exploration and increase my knowledge was nothing short of a most precious gem at the Reserve. I will certainly be back! thank you, Mark for your time and willingness to listen! It was about my taste buds! wonderful timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for wine peopleGinginDined on 1/24/2014Only people super into wine will appreciate this place. The food is decent and everything is a little overpriced. Excellent service and a well designed interior. I would rather eat/drink elsewhereSpecial Features:
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/21/2014James our server gave us phenomenal service, very attentive. The food was fantastic! We wanted to give the chef a hug. We told James that, and he had the chef come meet us. We had to let him know that his food was fabulous!Special Features:
- Spectacular foodMochilaDined on 1/17/2014Don't skip on dessert! It's easy to fill up on the delightful selection of cheeses and the main courses, but the chocolate cake is absolutely divine. Don't miss out on it! If you're there for the wine, they have an extensive wine menu, so you're sure to find something you enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.